There are 2 chain of job change quests, the first chain available at level 15, which can be accepted at the accessory NPC of town 2:
- Initially, you will have to beat stage 5 of map 2 (or as the guide said, dungeon 5 of set 2, though it's a bit confusing using "dungeon") twice.
- Second quest, you have to get 10 bat wings (always have more than enough)and 18 rat tails. To get rat tails, do stage 4 of map 2, doesn't matter which difficulty. The matter is, the map of this stage at any difficulty always have 2 routes: only the lower route has rats. If you notice, there are areas where the road divides into two, choose the lower path. Also, just my guess, try to finish the last monster before each gate while staying on the ground (no jump kick or jump shot or something like that), it's more likely that you get to lower route.
- 3rd quest, go talk with the guy on the left of the bank girl in town 2. Then get new quest.
- 4th quest, kill wisp in stage 1 of map 2. Return to the guy mentioned above and get the new quest chain. The upeer one is sniping ranger quest whereas the lower one is combat ranger quest.
New quest chain: (for combat ranger)
- 1st: talk to the accessory NPC of town 2.
- 2nd: kill the boss of stage 2 of map 2 and kill 8 "monsters" (the big guy at the end of each section) in stage 3 of map 2.
- 3rd: finish stage 6 of map 2 at any difficulty in less than 8 minutes (best to do the easy one...)
- 4th: achieve rank B or above in stage 5 & 6 of map 2 at very hard difficulty. Go back to "the guy" and change to combat ranger
For sniping ranger, just base on the guide and my interpretation above, you should be able to figure things out
when you has changed job, the remained SP got carried over. There is no SP reset. Basically, the skill table got extended longer and new skills appear below. You have to have already spent 40 SP to get the first skill of 2nd job. I actually spent more than 40SP before changing to 2nd job and end up making a new character