LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-19-2012   #1 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best beginners class?

Out of curiosity since I decided to give Elsword (the game) a more serious whirl, which character would be the easiest for a newbie to start (and then which tree should I take at 15)? No pvp. I don't deal with that shit.

It'd also be nice if I could get a skill build/guide link too. :v

+rep for those who help

Last edited by Tardar; 07-19-2012 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Adding some clarification.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-19-2012   #2 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

When I started Elsword, I found Rena -> Combat Ranger to be extremely noob friendly. Lenne has a guide in the guide section here on her.
Simple combo strings, easily transitions to more mid level stuff, very straight forward character/class. You can easily get away with having no 300 mana skill since you can Siege spam. Doesn't rely heavily on mana either.
Didn't advance far past level 20, so I don't know how it goes from there since I switched to Eve. It doesn't sound too bad though.

07-19-2012   #3 (permalink)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Games
ElswordSword 2Dragon NestSD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

maxpayne is just really nicemaxpayne is just really nicemaxpayne is just really nicemaxpayne is just really nice
IGN: <..>,maxpayne,<..>
Class: RuneSlayer and LordKnight and RecklessFist to_warrior
Level: 60 and 60 and 55
Guild: Union

Best beginner class = CHUNG !!!!!!!!

Strong defenese and on par damage in both PvP and PvE .....

Decent melee range and in-born stoic which overall GODLY !!!!!

If you were pertaining to Elsword, then what ive said in the previous thread would be a good help:

Spoiler!

Skills are situational regardless of you doing PvP or PvE you are bound to have at least 2 skills left unmaxed or didnt even place a point with.

squibby EVOLVES to form 3!!! - 9/10/2010
squibby EVOLVES to form 4!!! - 11/9/2011

07-19-2012   #4 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

@Nihil: Which Eve route do you think is better for PvM? I've been trying her and I personally like her a lot.

07-19-2012   #5 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195
Guild: FrenchBread

ppl say that code nemesis (code exotic for first job) is more noob friendly. but tbh i think theyre both kinda equal xD

07-19-2012   #6 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jare
@Nihil: Which Eve route do you think is better for PvM? I've been trying her and I personally like her a lot.
Pretty equal like Boredom said. I personally went with Architecture/Empress because it's more active-oriented (the non-cutscene skills). Their basic combo for PvE is also easier for me (ZZZ >>^XZ repeat).

I've played some of Exotic (but not Nemesis). She's alright, I think her clearing is better than Architecture, but Architecture has better boss fighting.

I suggest Exotic/Nemesis for PvE though. I hear she functions great solo, but also has party buff passives that makes her very desirable for parties (longer duration, less MP, increased crit). She also has that weird projectile shield.

Architecture/Empress on the other hand has a lot of damage skills, not much in the way of support-y.

Edit: Also can't go wrong with Chung like above said. One of the most ridiculous damage output I've ever seen since I started Elsword.

Last edited by Nihil679; 07-19-2012 at 02:06 AM.

07-19-2012   #7 (permalink)
Light's Pet
A little RUSTy.
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMapleStoryLuniaDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

Genji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud of

Allow me to go a little more in-depth with this, I am tired of seeing the chung master race everywhere. Sure, he's the most noob-friendly class, but he is THE most boring to play.

Before I go any further, I have two Eves, nemesis and Empress, both level 51. So my argument may be incredibly flawed.

As far as PVE goes, they are fairly similar. While nemesis has a ton of party helping ability and isn't half bad at doing solos, she doesn't have the burst damage that Empress has.

It may sound silly, but Empress's actives are incredibly good. One fully charged Mega Electron Ball (with her other passives filled) can easily overpower a ton of monsters, and thanks to the explosion part, it can do some good towards mobbed enemies.

While Empress doesn't have many great special actives, she does have heaven's fist, a very useful skill in Hamel, as well as a few sections in Velder, as a ton of enemies are in long, vertical sections.

Now, here is a little segue on skills.
First up, empress/Architecture... As Nihil said, Eve's actives are her main attraction, so you should get each and every single one of her active skills. Oberon Guard can do massive damage on mostly super-armored monsters, as well as giving decent mob control.

Mega Electron Ball, even without all her amazing passives, can still hold its own as the strongest active in the game. An easy 700% magical damage through one charged ball of electricity. And with the special skill note, it becomes VERY spammable.

With her passives, her MEB (as well as regular electron balls) range increases by 40%, damage increases by 10% (totaling around 770% damage), and cost decreases by 30%.

Spitifire is great with mob control. It hits every enemy within the fairly large range around Eve for 450% magical damage. It's an instant cast move, too!

Her special actives aren't really worth mentioning, but she has a couple of good ones.

In specific, I like heaven's Fist, Assault Spear, and Electronic Field. Heaven's fist has infinite vertical range and deals a flat 3800% damage hit, as well as shocking the enemies.
Assault spear deals 2300% damage, so it's a little more spammable. I enjoy this move because it pierces through enemies, and so long as there are no obstacles, it continues going down at a 45 degree angle.

Sonic Wave is really debatable. I think he does about 7 hits of 300% physical attack damage, but I can't be too sure. And it's incredibly lag unfriendly; it takes a while to cast. Some people like sonic wave because it gets more hits with the note, but it still feels pretty lackluster.
I don't have much experience with genocide ripper, but I hear it's good on large bosses.

Surface cutting is absolutely worthless.
Don't get it.

Now on to Nemmy/Exotic.
Her actives are not so stellar. On Metal Dust Aura, sure, it may cause more set effect/element procs, I find that the low damage output makes it a little weak.

MEB is there. It's still strong, but not quite as strong in the hands of an Empress, though.
Spear burst is OK, as it hits with 400% damage, but I never mind to use it much.

As for her passives, her most significant passives are Divine Aura and Concentration Aura. Divine Aura decreases the mana cost of buffs by 30% and increases duration by 10 seconds. Basically, this means that a magic aura will only cost 50MP to cast and lasts for 55 seconds.
If you're crazy and go the selfish route, Magic Adrenaline will increase your damage by 45% for 20 seconds, for 70 MP. This will make you a goddess of DESTRUCTION AND MAYHEM.

Enhanced nasod Weapons has a 4% chance of increasing the damage of a regular attack by 40%. Meh.

Elegant steps increases her base movement/jump speed. Handy for PVP, if you go for the fast movement thing.

Iron spirit is absolutely worthless, as Exotic doesn't have many physical moves.

Now, onto her special actives. Hornet Sting is decent. it has a fairly large explosion, but the damage is... Meh. Stick with Atomic Blaster.

Explosion Impact, now this is a great bossing skill. I don't have the exact damage calculations, as the explosive orbs are a tiny bit hard to count, but it's really worthwhile to use on large bosses or stoic (super armored) bosses.

Iron Scraps is one of Eve's most widely used skills. In total, it does about 3000% damage, it has excellent mana regen, a nice and wide hit range, and it casts instantly!
Done deal. GET THIS SKILL.

Queen's throne is also really awesome. It's like Armageddon blade, but gives you infinite airdashes (*ZOOOOOOOOOM*) and a second attack to your regular physical attacks. The mana regeneration on this move is absolutely insane. Chances are that you'll completely fill up your MP bar before the skill duration is half over.
Basically, it's a double-damage buff. If you add in a magic accelerator, ohh booooy...

I haven't really gotten Junk break because I'd have too much fun with Queen's Throne, but I hear it's good on large/stoic bosses.

Atomic blaster is a really nice 100MP skill. it has a small proximity, but the damage on it is really nice for a 100MP skill.

Atomic Shield is really nice, too. It's incredibly helpful on bosses that spam projectile attacks (nasod Inspector). It also decreases damage taken for all other people inside the large bubble!

Final thoughts on this dissertation?
Personally, both Eves are really good and it's really hard picking a favorite. Personally, I prefer my Empress, but that doesn't go without saying that nemesis is amazing too.

In the short run, Eve may not be fore you, as she requires a ton of time and practice before she becomes great.
In the long run, however, she can be one of the best characters in the game if you play her well enough.

That's just my 2 cents, though! :B