Zero Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
07-01-2013   #41 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

Also on the subject of new updates, I'm surprised no one mentioned this trailer:

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-01-2013   #42 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

NoobJr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
With the max being 8 skill slots, every class should still have more than enough skills to fill those slots.
Which is why this update seems to really screw over people with B slots. After they lowered the level requirements for skills, I think you can't max 8 (good) skills along with passives, so you can't have a full setup.

Quote:
I didn't. I went straight for a planner immediately, and I doubt I'm in the minority.
Well, I started pretty early on, there probably wasn't even a wiki back then. I remember the skill tree was a large... well, TREE, before the previous tree system showed up.

I saw the trailer, and am still doubtful she's going to be a character. It's so early I'm afraid of this going the Grand Chase route with too many characters, but it makes sense that they'd rush her to try and mitigate the damage from this update.
But their marketing tends to be pretty random, so I'll just wait and see what it really is. Could be something completely new.

Also Elsword is totally a girl there.

07-01-2013   #43 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
League of LegendsElsword

Loreli is on a distinguished road
IGN: Uyie

Pretty sure she's a character. But I don't care if she's from GC, she could be from runescape for all I care. If she's decent and different to her sibling counterpart, then I'll play her.

She's the third part of this trio d'update.

The first being this revamp and the second to be announced.

07-01-2013   #44 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobJr
Which is why this update seems to really screw over people with B slots. After they lowered the level requirements for skills, I think you can't max 8 (good) skills along with passives, so you can't have a full setup.
This can easily be resolved by having the advanced skills that are acquired at higher levels max out at a lower number and have their damage values scaled accordingly.

It's actually the norm, so I am more surprised that that they would make 2nd job advanced skills like Ignition Crow max at 20 like a basic skill does.

Currently people are just sacrificing some levels in some of the higher skills, though many classes lose a lot of damage that way.

Quote:
I saw the trailer, and am still doubtful she's going to be a character. It's so early I'm afraid of this going the Grand Chase route with too many characters, but it makes sense that they'd rush her to try and mitigate the damage from this update.
But their marketing tends to be pretty random, so I'll just wait and see what it really is. Could be something completely new.

Also Elsword is totally a girl there.
Having an opposite gender clone (with small skill variations) is still possible and happens in many MMOs.

That said, I don't think there is anything wrong with more new characters with new classes as long as they are well designed and don't overlap in role with a previous class.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 07-01-2013 at 10:59 AM.

07-03-2013   #45 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

I don't think her being a normal character would work with the lore, since she should be stronger than everyone else already, and she would overlap with Elsword.

My first guess was that she would be a sheath knight NPC. But that seems like too heavy marketing for an NPC, so it should be something bigger...
Maybe a special playable character, but I'm not sure how special. Hopefully not CASH-only crap, that would be dickish and make even more people quit.

If she is playable, I'll most likely try her out since Elsword is the only playstyle I really enjoy. Though I haven't tried Ara, maybe after she has 3 classes.

07-03-2013   #46 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

http://elwiki.net/babel/?p=627
Quote:
#주요 업데이트

[The Evolution2 - Skill Tree revamp take 2]

#Event

1. Summer Break Event (7/4 ~ 8/29)
2. Red Knight Captain pre-event(7/4 ~ 7/18)
3. Kakaotalk plus friend event (7/4 ~ 8/4)
4. El revital drink sale extension + sp pills are free too (~7/11)
- They are sold by Ariel for 0ED

#Cash Shop

[Ended]
1. Mini IB
2. Robot scorpion mount thing

#Changes

[시스템]
1. Skill tree line open conditions changed to count character level only.
- You can open skill trees if you achieve required levels.

2. All event resets changed to 6 o’clock.

3. Character EXP revamp
- 20~65 levels required exp decrease (You can level up faster)
- Current character exp and levels stay the same.
- Story quest reward exps nerfed in accordance with changed exp.

4. Character slot increase by 1
- You can create up to 8 characters

[Dungeon,Field]
1. Barren Sander monster pattern tweaked.

[Item]
1. Skill rings or other items that gives extra levels to skills have their options changed slightly.
Looks like Elesis is going to be a playable character. Really excited to see what they will do with her, and how they will reference her GC kit.

07-03-2013   #47 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

95% sure she's a new character now. Still wondering how they're going to deal with a character that lore-wise should be stronger than the others.

The Elsword world never seemed like the same as GC's for me, though. Especially the nasod stuff.
Maybe it's because we actually see the world.

Quote:
[Dungeon,Field]
1. Barren Sander monster pattern tweaked.
Nerfed? Do they intend to add new missions soon?

Quote:
1. Skill tree line open conditions changed to count character level only.
- You can open skill trees if you achieve required levels.
Nice, a bit less SP waste.

Quote:
Counter Chance(Passive)
- SP required for the skill increased and SP required for leveling decreased.
......what does that mean. The SP cost per level is fixed per skill.
I'm just avoiding that skill now, as it seems incredibly nerfed and wasteful compared to the previous 100% chance it used to have. And I liked it so much.

Quote:
Sword Wave
- Range Decreased

07-03-2013   #48 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future

Quote:
95% sure she's a new character now. Still wondering how they're going to deal with a character that lore-wise should be stronger than the others.
It's...a game.

Quote:
The Elsword world never seemed like the same as GC's for me, though. Especially the nasod stuff.
Maybe it's because we actually see the world.
Elsword = Few years after the end of GC's storyline, and probably on parts of the world unexplored by the GC storyline.

07-03-2013   #49 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

I have a bigger problem with nearly every class being nerfed and certain skills being bugged. What happened to fixing bugs?

Quote:
Gameplay =/= story

See: every fighting game

07-03-2013   #50 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

I know they don't really care about a story.
But considering she's been through everything in GC and is even called a captain already, starting out killing those bandits in the tutorial mission just seems... weird.

Also wonder if they'll avoid at all her overlapping with Elsword.

Meh, I'll just stop expecting them to have good ideas.

07-03-2013   #51 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA
Also on the subject of new updates, I'm surprised no one mentioned this trailer:

Looks like I'm downloading KEls.

07-03-2013   #52 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

OK, she's in the character creation screen now.

It says she's 16.
Wasn't she 15 or so in Grand Chase?

Quote:
Quote:
Counter Chance(Passive)
- SP required for the skill increased and SP required for leveling decreased.
......what does that mean. The SP cost per level is fixed per skill.
So they made the first level cost 10, and futher levels cost 1. The full skill now costs 29 rather than 40.
Still not worth it.

Quote:
Sword Wave
- Range Decreased
About 2/3 of what it was.

Last edited by NoobJr; 07-03-2013 at 08:23 PM.

07-03-2013   #53 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
VindictusMabinogiLuniaElsword
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Titans/ggFTW

yep.

confirmed playable.

07-04-2013   #54 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

Hmm looks like they're going for a parellel world Elesis approach...
Say's she's 16 in Elsword, but in GC she's 17 by the time they're done with the current final continent.

Makes sense to make her from a parallel world, since it would be hard incorporating the 4 jobs she has in GC :/. Hope they make references or similarities to GC at least.

and lol at her getting 2 2nd job branches before Ara. Branch names sound a lot like Elboy's too...

and did they get the old artist back (or at least someone who can draw like them)? Elesis is drawn a lot like the old style, and not like the 3rd branch 3rd jobs ugly ass style or Chung/Ara's style.

Last edited by Kenzor; 07-04-2013 at 03:28 AM.

07-04-2013   #55 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

An alternate universe makes sense.

Funny how the lvl 1 character models for her and Ara are really fancy compared to the old ones.

If I were still optimistic about their plans, I'd say they're releasing her now to make old players experience the new skill system while raising a new character.

07-04-2013   #56 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

When you're stuck with a stamina system, many people tend to value new and diverse classes for making alts to get around being forced to stop playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzor
and did they get the old artist back (or at least someone who can draw like them)? Elesis is drawn a lot like the old style, and not like the 3rd branch 3rd jobs ugly ass style or Chung/Ara's style.
Hey, I liked how Infinity Sword, Dimension Witch, Code Battle Seraph, and Night Watcher looked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKShota
Saber Knight and Pyro Knight sound awfully similar to Elsword's Sword Knight and Magic Knight (who used primarily fire element)

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 07-04-2013 at 09:44 AM.

07-04-2013   #57 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

At least for me it seems like it takes too much effort to run out of stamina at high levels. Maybe it's because I don't solo much (it gets tiring), but it took me hours to use it all up, and I only did that once.
At first I tried other characters for variety, but never got into their gameplay much. And it takes too much money for an endgame character, so I could never play for too long with an alt.

Infinity Sword looks more like a girl than Elesis.
Since she's copying Elsword's classes, is the third one going to genderswap too...?

07-04-2013   #58 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
League of LegendsElsword

Loreli is on a distinguished road
IGN: Uyie

She just seems like buffed Elsword to me.

Also apparently now you can get skills from any tier without needing to have skills from the previous one. So for instance I can get all 2nd job skills and leave the 1st and base skills. Don't know about the skills that require the previous skill anyway.

07-04-2013   #59 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA
Hey, I liked how Infinity Sword, Dimension Witch, Code Battle Seraph, and Night Watcher looked.
Well I think DW and NW were drawn by different artist(s) compared to the other 4 3rd branch 3rd jobs. The styles are pretty different to the rest.

The artist who drew Infinity Sword and the rest, can't draw anything for shit without making weird spiky pants/polygon armor and really really really stupidly long hair (see Code: BS), or just long hair (the guys) as a bad attempt at making their artwork have a unique style.

That's just my opinion.

Last edited by Kenzor; 07-04-2013 at 12:01 PM.

07-05-2013   #60 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

Quote:
Don't know about the skills that require the previous skill anyway.
I don't think there are any like that anymore.

Wow, after this update upgrade scrolls are ridiculously devalued. Lv.7 are selling for 30m, 8 for 11m, and 9 for less than 300m.
Wondering if I should buy some to resell when the value goes back up...