ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Eir - The Healer (http://ggftw.com/forum/eir-healer/)
-   -   [Myth] Build (http://ggftw.com/forum/eir-healer/62889-build.html)

Life 11-08-2009 02:45 AM

Build

I started Lunia like 2 months ago and I still haven't reached Myth yet, cos I keep changing characters. However, I'm about to RB my Eir (nearly 70 and I'm sure I'll be going to Myth.

So I've read most of the relevant topics from the past two pages and I've read like a few of the guides and stuff but I still need some help with my build.

Lunia Skill Calculator(JP)
+ Max RB JoG

So a few questions.

Why don't people max Sacred Wave (I heard it doesn't cancel past level 1 but I don't think I'd mind that) and does it flinch in Myth?

I don't really like Tears of Goddess, but should I get it anyways? I feel like my DPS will suck regardless lol.

Holy Spirit max? I heard pentagram light is much better in Myth but I kinda like HS (it doesn't take forever to use), it flinches for JoG (apparently) and it's got a short cool down time.

RB PoS or normal PoS? Normal gives more MP but I wonder if I'll need the HP back from RB...?

RB Pieces! I love it or at least I think I will... Is it worth maxing? Does it flinch in Myth?

Normal Pieces worth getting? Are the mobs so spread out it'll disperse and do like nothing? Also I read that the monsters are so big it's kinda useless.

Life Extension, is it worth getting? Something about OHKOs in Myths make it seem pointless but I kinda like it.

Barrier, is it useful? It feels like it doesn't last long enough, monsters move through it and it's easier to dodge attacks than barrier it... Plus like every ranged attack I've tried it against (non-boss) goes through it... Haven't had to resort to using JoB heal yet.

Why do people get the curse removal skills? Is it necessary for Myths.

Light Shield... sounds terrible.

Moon Bind? Moonlight Chain? Self Heal (although I never need to cancel anything... Maybe it's just PvP)?

Any input would be nice. +rep to anyone who says anything useful, if you care about that.

whitepage 11-08-2009 06:15 AM

There isn't much incentive to get max scared wave since the boost is much less significant than say moon fog.

No doubt your dps potential will fare badly against any other classes , if that not what you've seen, that I guess you stage with the wrong people. That's why its more important for you to get the essential stuff , the offensive skills are secondary. I'll just comment on the basic stuff.

- Max your moon barrier.

Moon Barrier creates a person-sized shield in front of you that can stop most projectiles that end/explode on impact. A projectile atk, imo, is an atk from boss/mobs which disappear after they hit someone.

Common usage include :

Daru's firebolts , Lir purple ball, Rigel's 2xshockwave, CoC 2 luring the dark missile. Here a link on more info but may be outdated.

Spoiler!

- Reduce Life Extension to 1 and Max Lightshield if possible.

The sheer amount of dmg myth mobs deal inflict sufficient determent to get LE max. Save your sp and leave it at 1 for fake res purposes.

Most people tends to leave LS at 2 or 3 though.

- Get 1 Prayer of healing and Self-Heal

Self-heal for canceling skill which are at times rare to see the difference to really use it. Prayer for fake res from a distant.

- Moon bind

To freeze mini boss . The 2nd and 6th storey of coc2, coc3 usually .

My advice would be don't be too atk minded sometimes. Last thing most people want to see is that they are killed but the healer is in 'JoG' animation :l . Whose fault is it is actually arguable but less drama brings more enjoyment.

paraesmic 11-08-2009 07:38 AM

Just adding something:

Moonlight Pieces: maybe the only useful skill (forget jogs xP) in myth. It pushes! Get at least 1/3 points on it.

Same for Holy Shout: it can be diagonally-canceled and, again, it pushes!

For holy spirit: its flinch effect is long enough to cast jog/ pentagram.

(WOOT. 300th post :P)

whitepage 11-09-2009 12:55 AM

Some other stuff x.x

Some of the standard norms like if there's 2 of people lying down with 0 hp and one of them is a healer, its imperative for the healer to get up selflessly and save the other guy butt rather than having both of you dead.

Repeatedly throwing out beads is pretty useful to fake res if the bosses atk consist of a ohko move which hits you up in the air and kills you before you land on the ground. I wanted to suggest +2 beads just for the sake of bras-king in coc3 but heh, not everyone gets a party for it usually.

The more fake res skills you possess the better. The rate of death some bosses can inflict to others can be pretty astounding. Some classes dont have a counter or the counter(s) doesnt reset fast enough for them to face the situation all the time, their best options is to rely on others ( eg. krieg mdef, sieg voke, yuki's nucleus, eir ls ) for temporary escape/shield.

And always get a healer to support someone that's luring. CoC ohkos too often.

Zinc210 11-09-2009 08:20 AM

Some of my thoughts:

Moon Pieces: I feel this to be one of Eir's greatest source of damage to anything larger than the average orc. Against Myth Mobs, each piece will hit for up to 8 times and the skill can hit 10-12 times on Lunia/Foriel/Wildur/CoC bosses.

Tears: Is another good one. I know you say you don't like it, but it's another excellent attack imo. Its fast, and it hits 10 times on large enemies and if close enough. It's risky to get close sometimes, but you could always opt to go for 6-8 hits instead of the 10 if you need a bit of distance or time to run.

RB Pieces: I don't think the damage is good. As far as I can tell, in order to be good, you have to in the monster's face the whole duration to get as many hits as possible and that's not good for your health. I'd definitely get one point though. It's a goode stun shield and can help in sticky situations in CoC and some non-myth stages.

Resurrection: I think you should definitely get 1 in this. Stuff happens, people die, some bring JoLs with them expecting one of the Eir's to res them.

Prayer: Slow, but the range helps. A nifty trick would be to activate this skill, then activate a Light shield potion. The light shield (depending on rank) should last the entire duration of the prayer, so you essentially make an AoE of constant fake ressing. It's nifty in CoC2 where the HUGE orcs are trying smash everyone when you guys are standing in the circle to avoid a cave in =/

Light Shield: I'd definitely get atleast 2 of this. Face it, Eir has no invincibility frame skills besides her JoGs (and those take a couple seconds `-`), and this can save you. It helps the party too, but most of them attack and cancel it, so I use it for myself mostly. Maxing it for the 10 seconds also helps in case you get surrounded or just "insurance" when you get sent to Ordeal.

Life 11-09-2009 11:39 AM

Thanks to everyone for the help. I think I've finalised my build now.

Quote:

My advice would be don't be too atk minded sometimes. Last time most people want to see is that they are killed but the healer is in 'JoG' animation :l . Whose fault is it is actually arguable but less drama brings more enjoyment.
Yeah, that is really annoying. I've partied with so many Eirs who just JoG all the time, even when they see you on the ground lol.

Quote:

Some of the standard norms like if there's 2 of people lying down with 0 hp and one of them is a healer, its imperative for the healer to get up selflessly and save the other guy butt rather than having both of you dead.
I especially hate it when they complain ('omg') instead of getting up to res.

Quote:

For holy spirit: its flinch effect is long enough to cast jog/ pentagram.
May grab a point in that skill. It looks kinda cool anyway.

Quote:

Prayer: Slow, but the range helps. A nifty trick would be to activate this skill, then activate a Light shield potion. The light shield (depending on rank) should last the entire duration of the prayer, so you essentially make an AoE of constant fake ressing. It's nifty in CoC2 where the HUGE orcs are trying smash everyone when you guys are standing in the circle to avoid a cave in
That is pretty clever. I'll have never thought of that.

Thanks again for the help. +rep to all of you.

whitepage 11-12-2009 10:29 PM

I dont know where to put these, so I figure I'll just leave it here.

The general consensus when dodging is pretty simple, just dont stay in front of it. Most of the bosses/mob/w.e have at least 1 or 2 atks that are dedicated to frontal assault. The only exception that I can think of atm is 3-4H/L boss where the front is safe from the arrows shootout. Check if the ohkos are projectile. A single firework sometimes doesnt provide enough cover ( eg. the firebolts from daru can swirl from the side and hit you even if you stay behind a firework ) , the problem is usually resolved when you have more than 2 ( depending on the number of people behind and how you structure the formation, they last about 9~10 secs ). At least, that how's I deal with cod 2xdaru with ohkos fire bolts before.

It's also easier for healer to fake res if the character is supported by a wall behind when they got killed by atks that knock them away . And grouping is 10 times easier sometimes if one move to the destination spot than actively trying to hit them over there , especially if the mobs are not launch-able. A very simple example is that you spawn from the stage ( coc 2) and its the 14th level. You get tons of orge lord spawn at the bottom of the stage. Have everyone group in the middle, wait for the ogre to approach, and move back a bit. Most of the orge will be gathered around the same point on the mini map and its a lot faster to kill them than facing them on your own individually.