ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia Hunting Grounds > Eir - The Healer

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-04-2009   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

paraesmic will become famous soon enough
IGN: [GS]xHanna
Class: Eir lu_eir
Guild: Arcanum
Default Light of Healing

So So So...

I've seen lot of eirs in bonus (I don't myth yet with my eir)
saying that LoH is a waste and only noobs and normal stagers take it.

I wonder, why?

I know the amount of hp is even lower then Sunlight, but it is still an healing.

Considering that you take: Sunlight (maxed), EmergencyH(1 or more), New Beads (maxed)

for expample:

you fake rez someone with emergency heal, use beads to heal him, then you get attacked, use sunlight... here another of your teammates get 0hp what do you do?You let him die because of cd? I'd run to him and use LoH

I think that as long as a skill heal something you should always take it. If you are FS then you MUST get it...

What do you think about it? Maybe I'm completely wrong...

but I don't get why you shouldn't get LoH.

p.s: right now I have it and I use it often.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-04-2009   #2 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy

LoH heals quite a lot, but it also has a long cast time, high MP consumption, and takes 3 ticks to heal the full HP it actually heals.

IMO, you only need max Beads, max Sunlight, one in Emergency to be a good Eir.

08-04-2009   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaMabinogi

Zinc210 is a jewel in the roughZinc210 is a jewel in the roughZinc210 is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Gummygumdrop/Aurum211
Class: Lime/Eir lu_lime
Guild: Gantz(Lunia)/Aesir(Mabinogi)

Whether or not you need it would depend on how often the parties you are in need of it, i guess. If you party all the time with people who don't need it, then it can probably be dropped. I don't have the luxury of pro parties all the time, so LoH is used regularly.

I always thought of it as crucial, thus always maxed it. Even though it has a long cast time, sometimes only one tick is all you need, and its cd is lower than sunlight. It's the best way to heal yourself, too.

In myth, Light of Healing isn't used as often as Sunlight, but I still use it to fully heal people when Sunlight won't cut it (once everyone reaches over 4k HP, Sunlight would only heal them one fourth of the way or less, so LoH is my Full heal). Players in Bonus have a lot less HP too, so a maxed Sunlight would heal a larger portion of their HP than a maxed Sunlight in Myth. TBH, I dislike Healing with Beads unless I have to, because I'm too worried thinking they'd die before the beads get to them... and people tend to be Lame, run in front of me, eating all my beads, and letting those who need em die >.> So I use LoH when I can.

Gummygumdrop: Myth Lime 4th RB (on leave for now...)

Mabinogi IGN: Zinc210: total lvl 7xx

08-04-2009   #4 (permalink)
I like scenery *.*
Games
LuniaDragon Nest

CursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really nice
IGN: TangoDown
Class: Ryan lu_sieg
Level: 8x
Guild: Fusion

The scenario your talking about happens a lot in CoC 2. All those heals aren't enough to the point where I HAD to fake res with my Krieg. I highly suggest just 1 point for fake ressing purposes. I also know a lot of high level eirs that are very experienced and they haven't abandoned LoH yet.

08-04-2009   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

I don't think I'll ever put more than 1 point in SoH.

Need it for the Fake Res purpose. 44 Mana ensures you'll always be able to cast it, even in those situations where for some reason EVERYONE in your team starts dying.

08-04-2009   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

SmashedJane is on a distinguished road

I can't believe people wouldn't max LOH, it becomes even more important in myth where people start having over 6-6.5K HP and sunlight barely makes a difference. I guess you can use beads to heal others but it would be really difficult to heal yourself with sunlight alone, it would simply take ages. The heal bonus at 1001int makes SOH even better because it heals 1200+per wave and it's only heal that makes a big difference in your HP.

Imagine you're doing Myth 2 and you're at Foriel and he uses his AOE or ball attack and you have 0 HP, he follows that by using his two handed AOE. Without LOH the only option available would be light shield because sunlight simply wouldn't heal enough to save your ass. LOH is simply a good great to recover a large amount of HP in a short amount of time, I don't think I could ever have a built without it maxed.

08-05-2009   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

rainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nice
IGN: yuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraesmic
nah maybe they're noobs who probs dont have enough skill points cause they maxed all their passive skills

08-05-2009   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

paraesmic will become famous soon enough
IGN: [GS]xHanna
Class: Eir lu_eir
Guild: Arcanum

I'm happy to see so many replys

Now I'm even more sure that I have to take LoH but reading here:

Quote:
I don't think I'll ever put more than 1 point in SoH.
This confuses me again... SoH: 1 or Max?

08-05-2009   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

rainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nice
IGN: yuck

soh is pretty useful when your party is hurt a bit but not that much
but if its lvl 1, you probably won't ever use it for healing hp, which means it'll be more readily available as a fake-res skill
that and the mp cost is like nothing

08-05-2009   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

Auria will become famous soon enough
IGN: Auria
Class: Eir to_schoolgirl
Level: Rebirth noob <3
Guild: Fusion

For a FS healer LoH is a really important healing spell. Its a good fake res and will heal the bulk of your party members' HP as well as your own, which is really important. People may argue now that since there are other high hp heals such as rebirth beads there doesn't seem to be any need for maxed out healing spells. (particularly applying to myth, where mainly rebirth beads are used and healing is greatly boosted by your stats anyway) Healers now are focusing more on attacking spells, or they just like being hybrid/pvp. It doesn't hurt to have it though, and a high LoH will help you alot earlier in the game.

As for SoH; IMO its the most important healing skill, its awesome for fake res and thats why most people leave it at level 1 to save on points and mana. It has a short cooldown and when you max it out it heals a great amount of HP aswell. If you really want to heal people, don't put this skill to waste with one point!

Auria : Eir
Ignorance is your new best friend. ♪

Migrated to EuLuina and is missing everyone very much. ;_;/

08-05-2009   #11 (permalink)
But not a snitch.

whitepage is a jewel in the roughwhitepage is a jewel in the roughwhitepage is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbows
nah maybe they're noobs who probs dont have enough skill points cause they maxed all their passive skills
Nah, they are probably pro as OP has hinted.
Quote:
I need some of their other insights too because Im encouraging maxing Loh :l

08-05-2009   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaAlicia

iARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraesmic
So So So...

This idea is brought to you by the same people who shit over the idea of having provoke.

08-05-2009   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Fiona is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griever
44 Mana ensures you'll always be able to cast it, even in those situations where for some reason EVERYONE in your team starts dying.
Eir has higher mana costs than Tia, so this is a serious question that I don't know the answer to. But shouldn't guild mana potions provide enough mana to make mana a nonissue for Eir in the most dire of heal-spam situations or something? I'd imagine that even with the high mana costs on heal spells, guild mana potions should be just fine once you get around 2k STR and thus likely have a ton of INT which modifies the MP that a guild mana potion restores. My Tia recovers 1,450 MP every 8 seconds with her 2k STR gear using guild mana potions, and that should more than cover the MP cost of all of Eir's heals even if she's spamming them like crazy, I'd think

*checks skill calculator*

Yea, assuming you had maxed LoH, Sunlight, RB beads, beads, and level 1 Emergency heal and level 1 prayer, that'd still only cost you 1,428 MP. And even with high dex, you won't be getting the cooldown of any of those heals (besides normal beads, of course) below 8 seconds. So basically, with guild mana potion spam, once you reach around 2k STR (which should give you around 4k mana since that's what it gives my Tia, and Eir has slightly higher base mana than Tia does), you'd literally be able to cast every heal spell in your repertoire (including beads and level 1 prayer) as soon as the cooldown is up and never run out of mana ever. And you won't even have to stop to cast Price of Sacrifice at all.

In that particular case, if I had the skill points, I'd max Sunlight without worrying about the mana costs. Of course, the skill point cost is still something to consider (which is why I'd RB my Eir over and over every chance she got for more skill points until she maxed every heal skill in existance and more if I still played my Eir. ...it's also why I'd ignore Price of Sacrifice, heh.

Of course, that's for Myth. In Bonus, your mana pool (and thus the amount that a guild shop mana potion recovers) will be much lower. Probably around half as much if it's anything like my Tia in her Bonus 2 equipment set (in fact, guild mana potions generally only recover 700 MP for her when she's outside of Myth).

...to be honest, there have been a ton of times lately when I saw people die (including myself) after being fake ressed by a level 1 Sunlight or E-heal when a max sunlight or e-heal would have resulted in them surviving. Then again, there have been a ton of times lately when it wouldn't have made any difference (what with all the OHKO attacks that monsters have these days because ALLM are jackasses)

08-05-2009   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona
Eir has higher mana costs than Tia, so this is a serious question that I don't know the answer to. But shouldn't guild mana potions provide enough mana to make mana a nonissue for Eir in the most dire of heal-spam situations or something? I'd imagine that even with the high mana costs on heal spells, guild mana potions should be just fine once you get around 2k STR and thus likely have a ton of INT which modifies the MP that a guild mana potion restores. My Tia recovers 1,450 MP every 8 seconds with her 2k STR gear using guild mana potions, and that should more than cover the MP cost of all of Eir's heals even if she's spamming them like crazy, I'd think

*checks skill calculator*

Yea, assuming you had maxed LoH, Sunlight, RB beads, beads, and level 1 Emergency heal and level 1 prayer, that'd still only cost you 1,428 MP. And even with high dex, you won't be getting the cooldown of any of those heals (besides normal beads, of course) below 8 seconds. So basically, with guild mana potion spam, once you reach around 2k STR (which should give you around 4k mana since that's what it gives my Tia, and Eir has slightly higher base mana than Tia does), you'd literally be able to cast every heal spell in your repertoire (including beads and level 1 prayer) as soon as the cooldown is up and never run out of mana ever. And you won't even have to stop to cast Price of Sacrifice at all.

In that particular case, if I had the skill points, I'd max Sunlight without worrying about the mana costs. Of course, the skill point cost is still something to consider (which is why I'd RB my Eir over and over every chance she got for more skill points until she maxed every heal skill in existance and more if I still played my Eir. ...it's also why I'd ignore Price of Sacrifice, heh.

Of course, that's for Myth. In Bonus, your mana pool (and thus the amount that a guild shop mana potion recovers) will be much lower. Probably around half as much if it's anything like my Tia in her Bonus 2 equipment set (in fact, guild mana potions generally only recover 700 MP for her when she's outside of Myth).

...to be honest, there have been a ton of times lately when I saw people die (including myself) after being fake ressed by a level 1 Sunlight or E-heal when a max sunlight or e-heal would have resulted in them surviving. Then again, there have been a ton of times lately when it wouldn't have made any difference (what with all the OHKO attacks that monsters have these days because ALLM are jackasses)
I think the former applies more so to Eirs with builds that lean towards full support. I'm a hybrid, leaning more towards battle, so Mana consumption is still an issue with my Eir.

And the last point you brought up (OHKOs) make me think placing more than 1 point in Sunlight may not be the wisest decision. If my teammate is going to die in one hit, there isn't all that much difference in him or her having 69 HP or 5K HP.

As with most skill build arguments it boils down to a matter of preference; do what works for you.

I'm very content with lvl 1 SoH. If someone wants to Max SoH, by all means! I personally don't see any necessity for Max SoH.

08-05-2009   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaMabinogi

Zinc210 is a jewel in the roughZinc210 is a jewel in the roughZinc210 is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Gummygumdrop/Aurum211
Class: Lime/Eir lu_lime
Guild: Gantz(Lunia)/Aesir(Mabinogi)

From our current Myth levels (Lunia and Foriel), a max SoH would probably make it easier on you in certain situations.

Lunia's Circle AoE will make them auto stand anyway (unless it juggles them), and if you save someone with lvl 1 SoH, her Moon Pieces will finish em off (cause they auto get up too), if you're not quick enough.

With Foriel, most of his killing moves are auto stand and everything else more or less just sends you to 0 hp. PLus, a maxed SoH can give enough HP to everyone in range in case Foriel decides to pull out that annoying fast AoE of his. So for Myth purposes (raids probably being exception), maxed SoH would probably be more beneficial.

TBH, I considered dropping SoH so I can get another attack, but that would make me need to change my entire playstyle.

Gummygumdrop: Myth Lime 4th RB (on leave for now...)

Mabinogi IGN: Zinc210: total lvl 7xx

08-05-2009   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

imported_Citrine will become famous soon enoughimported_Citrine will become famous soon enough

Meh, i don't understand eirs these days.. Bonus is still considered a stage >.>;;

Theres many situations in my past where max SoH, PoH, and LoH saved a lot of party members because of the heal significance mattered that much. I haven't played my healer for ages now and its sad to see FS eirs claim their FS when i see their priority is to do as much dmg as possible >.>;;

Anyway, enough of my off topic eir banter but in terms of LoH its still good to have as a FS build, i don't see why any healer besides pure pvp and hyrbids shouldn't max it. And i do agree that every stage healer should utilize every heal skill they have even if it is regular beads.

P.S. Fiona i miss our OB healer golden days :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gota
cit is badass as always :P

08-05-2009   #17 (permalink)
Angelic Healer~
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaVindictus

Allea has a spectacular aura aboutAllea has a spectacular aura about

Best solution: rebirth a lot to max most attacks and most of your heals. /sarcasm for those that do not get it btw.

LoH, just max it...as for SoH, I like mine to be max because with snow girl set and 501+ int in normal stages, you can heal about 1.1k hp per use. I tend to use it as a heal skill not just a save skill (sometimes I over spam it). Though in myth 2 and cave of chaos floors 11 to 20, it's not so much maxing it because you would die again anyways. For some reason I get a bit annoyed when it's a level 1 sunlight but I'm not going say you should max it.

As an FS, I think that healing people seems more fun to me for the most part...even though I do complain about not having enough attacks though then again, I'm not built for soloing stages and soloing is boring IMHO. But there's always cons.

IGNs: League of Legends: Allea
~Arigato KratosAurion-san.

Last edited by Allea; 08-05-2009 at 08:15 PM.

08-05-2009   #18 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy

Sorry to go off-topic here, Allea, but hwat is so special about the Snow Girl set?

08-05-2009   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaAlicia

iARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumiko
Sorry to go off-topic here, Allea, but hwat is so special about the Snow Girl set?
6 set is 20% heal bonus I think.

08-06-2009   #20 (permalink)
Angelic Healer~
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaVindictus

Allea has a spectacular aura aboutAllea has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by iARE1337
6 set is 20% heal bonus I think.
Actually it is 25% heal bonus with 6 set for forgotten snow girl set.
For the forgotten elf chord 6 set it is 20% heal bonus.

And these only apply to Eirs, the rest get 15% elemental skill damage 6 set for both types.

IGNs: League of Legends: Allea
~Arigato KratosAurion-san.