ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia Hunting Grounds > Eir - The Healer

Aika Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-20-2009   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

SmashedJane is on a distinguished road
Default You can't use SSS moves under light shield any more.

I was wondering why I kept dying when I was using light shield so I tested it out and none of the S attacks work any more. SA, SSA, SSSSS etc all cancel light shield. Sorry if it's old news but it makes the skill worse than it was. Before you could use light shield and SSSSS to get yourself out of tricky situations now you can't do that without getting hurt. Now you can't really do anything under light shield.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-20-2009   #2 (permalink)
Banned

YummyNew is on a distinguished road

oh john how sad ;( is it a glitch?

07-20-2009   #3 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

its a patch.

07-20-2009   #4 (permalink)
But not a snitch.

whitepage is a jewel in the roughwhitepage is a jewel in the roughwhitepage is a jewel in the rough

any skills that grant invincible frame , especially for a party, is beyond hax if you can abuse it. I dont see anything wrong if you cant attack.

similarly for krieg mdef.

07-20-2009   #5 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobeemagic
any skills that grant invincible frame , especially for a party, is beyond hax if you can abuse it. I dont see anything wrong if you cant attack.

similarly for krieg mdef.
Kali's Phantom Fantasia seems to go against what you're saying up to a point. Meatshield that regens HP and MP and invincible for 15 seconds D:

07-21-2009   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

ShiningSeraph is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ShiningSeraph
IGN: DivineWings, Moonlace
Class: Dainn, Tia lu_dainn
Level: 9rb87, 2rb82
Guild: Finale

Except with that, you can't attack and you have to aim that junk.

07-21-2009   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Fiona is on a distinguished road

Phantom Fantasia will also kill whoever it hits if they're at zero HP :P Lots of Kalis don't even bother putting 1 skill point into that skill (although IMHO, since the duration at level 1 is the same as max, 1 skill point is a cheap price for the ability to create mobile meat shields, even if it's not as good as most Kalis would like)

At any rate, if they're going to gimp light shield so much, the least they could do is lower its ridonkulously long cooldown time. A light shield potion (easily available via bead quest) has a shorter CD, IIRC, for crying out loud.

Last edited by Fiona; 07-21-2009 at 01:47 PM.

07-21-2009   #8 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiningSeraph
Except with that, you can't attack and you have to aim that junk.
You're hardly ever going to stand in front of a boss to cast it though.

07-21-2009   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaMabinogi

Zinc210 is a jewel in the roughZinc210 is a jewel in the roughZinc210 is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Gummygumdrop/Aurum211
Class: Lime/Eir lu_lime
Guild: Gantz(Lunia)/Aesir(Mabinogi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona
At any rate, if they're going to gimp light shield so much, the least they could do is lower its ridonkulously long cooldown time. A light shield potion (easily available via bead quest) has a shorter CD, IIRC, for crying out loud.
Indeed, but being on seperate cooldown and it being a bit different would make up for it I'd think.

The skill's advantages: Party use, cd will decrease with dex, can be used at 0 HP.

The potion's: Can be used while airborne (ex: Lunia's moon boomerang given you're not at 0 hp yet), lower cd, lasts noticeably longer on higher level ones.

Also, it's an advantage to use BOTH while playing my Healer, cause stuff happens and I just need to save my ass. Being able to SSSSS would be nice, but in most situations I use LS, a Pentagram or 2 wouldn't change much... Just use Endurance and Flawless If you wante any attacking done.

Gummygumdrop: Myth Lime 4th RB (on leave for now...)

Mabinogi IGN: Zinc210: total lvl 7xx

07-21-2009   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

imported_Citrine will become famous soon enoughimported_Citrine will become famous soon enough

It changed back in TFT. At first Light Shield was a god skill for dainns back in OB since Light Shield was bypassable with elemental skills. Though that factor only worked for Dainn and some skills sieg had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona
Its funny cause in the Asuka/Myth 3 patch Eir's no longer need reagents for anything except Resurrection. I guess that was the compensation for skill change which is yet another situation Eir's get the short end of a stick in another patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gota
cit is badass as always :P

Last edited by imported_Citrine; 07-21-2009 at 08:23 PM.