ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia Hunting Grounds > Eir - The Healer

Prius Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Prius Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-02-2009   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

shiningbrood is on a distinguished road
Default Maxing Fog?

Well, I've hit the level where I got all the necessary skills and now I'm having trouble finding a good place to put the rest of my points. I remembering reading threads and such about how amazing a maxed Fog with the new cd change to it would be, but is it really worth it (in Myth, more importantly)? If not, where else should I put the rest of my points?

Here's my build if you think anything is missing:

Lunia Skill Calculator(JP)

Any advice is appreciated.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-02-2009   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaMabinogi

Zinc210 is a jewel in the roughZinc210 is a jewel in the roughZinc210 is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Gummygumdrop/Aurum211
Class: Lime/Eir lu_lime
Guild: Gantz(Lunia)/Aesir(Mabinogi)

Lvl 9 Fog and up is great for damage. Based on the numbers, it does less than a 10 hit Goddess tears and a 16 hit moonlight chain (all maxed of course), and i think Moonlight Pieces can do more since Myth mobs can be pushed back now. Fog's width and length are its advantages, allowing you to attack easier at safer ranges and the slow can help a bit. Since the 4 hits are easier to land than 16 hits of chain and 10 hits of tears (both require you to be pretty close too), it can be better at times.

It's a bit risky in Myth because it does not flinch the mobs, so you need to watch what you're team is doing before you sue Fog to prevent getting run over by a moose. What I do is cast Holy spirit, then go straight into Fog to flinch monsters while i cast.

Gummygumdrop: Myth Lime 4th RB (on leave for now...)

Mabinogi IGN: Zinc210: total lvl 7xx

06-03-2009   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Ah, I see, so it's not too bad, I guess. HS really does seem to be pretty useful in Myth.

Which makes me think, would getting a max HS be more useful? The damage seems amazing, but how is it in Myth? I know its flinching ability is great, I've used it dozens of times to pull a JoG off, but since you can't knock any of the Myth mobs up, does it lose its value in Myth? If not, I'll just go with Fog.

06-03-2009   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaMabinogi

Zinc210 is a jewel in the roughZinc210 is a jewel in the roughZinc210 is a jewel in the rough

Well, I think Holy Spirit be a reliable investment. It's spammable and it flinches. I am unsure how many times it hits though, since the mobs are huuuge. The damage may be less, but since you can cast it 2.5 times during the cooldown of Moon Fog, so it might outdamage it. TBH, I'm kinda in the dark on its damage potential... but I think it is a good skill regardless.

06-04-2009   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Alright, so I've decided to go with HS and the damage isn't too bad. HS can hit for a total of 6 times on a Myth monster (at least in Myth 1), so (in case some other people want to know)...

The damage I have at level 3 HS with 1207 strength is from 65 to 90 damage per hit, x 6 so that's from 390 to 540 damage in one cast. So I can assume that at Max, it should deal around 500 to 650 or so damage per hit (around 3k to 3.9k per cast). Of course, it's a big mana dump, but it's a ton of damage if you can get more than three hits. If it does work out like that, then it might actually be better than Tears.

I really don't know if you do the same damage with skills against Lunia or the mini-boss as you do to the monsters along the way, but HS seems to be pretty cool, so I'll stick with it for now.

06-05-2009   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Games
LuniaLeague of Legends

Auria will become famous soon enough
IGN: Auria
Class: Eir to_schoolgirl
Level: Rebirth noob <3
Guild: Fusion

To be honest, you may find HS a little useless in Myth as you should be using Pentagon (SSSSS) instead, most of the time on mobs. It's just like HS anyway and I think it does more damage when you have high str PLUS it pushes mobs back futher.

If you are choosing between maxing HS and Fog, I'd go with Fog. Even if HS has a much lower cooldown at least you're hitting the whole mob with Fog and can then use pentagon inbetween without using up all your mana with HS spam.

Anyway, it's all to do with preference. I do think that HS is useless against mobs compared to Pentagon, though.

Auria : Eir
Ignorance is your new best friend. ♪

Migrated to EuLuina and is missing everyone very much. ;_;/

06-05-2009   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

i love HS in myth D:
pentagon HS cancel pentagon (more dmg than pentagon alone!)
anyways i use HS to cast jog since it stuns them

06-05-2009   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaMabinogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auria
To be honest, you may find HS a little useless in Myth as you should be using Pentagon (SSSSS) instead, most of the time on mobs. It's just like HS anyway and I think it does more damage when you have high str PLUS it pushes mobs back futher.

If you are choosing between maxing HS and Fog, I'd go with Fog. Even if HS has a much lower cooldown at least you're hitting the whole mob with Fog and can then use pentagon inbetween without using up all your mana with HS spam.

Anyway, it's all to do with preference. I do think that HS is useless against mobs compared to Pentagon, though.
Personally, (even though my HS is at 1 :P) I like HS because it comes out fast. some of them Myth mobs attack too quickly and my Pentagram fails D:<

Question though: Does Damage go up at STR intervals (500, 1k, etc) like the %? If not, wouldn't Holy Spirit overtake Pentagram at higher strength? And, you could just Pentagram, Pentagram, HS, repeat anyway

06-05-2009   #9 (permalink)
But not a snitch.

whitepage is a jewel in the roughwhitepage is a jewel in the roughwhitepage is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinc210
Personally, (even though my HS is at 1 :P) I like HS because it comes out fast. some of them Myth mobs attack too quickly and my Pentagram fails D:<
You are suppose to stand behind your mates. If the mobs still get to you, its their fault.

The thing about maxing a certain skill now is, with the abundance sp through every rebirth, and the great significance that players like to put on myth, it wont be that hard to finalise a build.

Still, I'll go for hs max since burst dmg is incredibly important these days.

06-05-2009   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaMabinogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobeemagic
You are suppose to stand behind your mates. If the mobs still get to you, its their fault.
True, because they end up behind me most of the time because a moose runs over them o3o

oh wells, I never put much brain power in the mob part. It's just Push push push JoG. xD

06-05-2009   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Personally, with my friends and I Mything together, the strategy where I stay behind is a bit...useless, actually. With the nerf to Myth, everything flinches from most attacks, so it's easier for us to just push a whole hallway of monsters against a wall and melee/skill spam. We never have any problems, so Pentagram for me just doesn't seem as useful. I'm already up in the enemy's face, so pentagram just doesn't seem logical. Pretty much the only time we ever back off is when we're knocked back, someone needs healing, or me or the Yuki need MP.

In any event, I went with HS because I feel you can just get more milage out of it.

06-05-2009   #12 (permalink)
But not a snitch.

whitepage is a jewel in the roughwhitepage is a jewel in the roughwhitepage is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningbrood
Personally, with my friends and I Mything together, the strategy where I stay behind is a bit...useless, actually. With the nerf to Myth, everything flinches from most attacks, so it's easier for us to just push a whole hallway of monsters against a wall and melee/skill spam. We never have any problems, so Pentagram for me just doesn't seem as useful. I'm already up in the enemy's face, so pentagram just doesn't seem logical. Pretty much the only time we ever back off is when we're knocked back, someone needs healing, or me or the Yuki need MP.

In any event, I went with HS because I feel you can just get more milage out of it.
Looks like there's different perception on standing behind for me and you.

Pentagram has a rather long cast time, if you were to be the first to charge to the mob and being closest to it, chances are your pentagam will get cancel. The practice is not to be that far away till you pentagram only touch the first few mobs and not to be the front guy that get knock back, just in case of rare secenario . Sure your party may helps you in flinching the mob, then you shouldnt have issue on being knocked back like you'd mention.

06-09-2009   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Games
LuniaLeague of Legends

Auria will become famous soon enough
IGN: Auria
Class: Eir to_schoolgirl
Level: Rebirth noob <3
Guild: Fusion

Like I said, personal preference.

When I'm in myth I depend on the others to flinch the mob and I depend on my Pentagram to push the mob back. If you do continuous Pentagram >> Pentagram (At a safe distance) you'll notice you push the mob back MUCH easier than your party can. It also seems to have a wide range so its not much of a problem when the mob is a little spread out either.

I just don't see why you would want to depend on HS for damage when you have skills such as Tears or JoG. Maxed HS spam is just a mana-kill when Pentagram costs absolutely nothing, it might also put you at a disadvantage when you want to stage normally and don't have enough mana with stage equips to support maxed skills.

But oh well, thats my opinion. o:

Auria : Eir
Ignorance is your new best friend. ♪

Migrated to EuLuina and is missing everyone very much. ;_;/