ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia Hunting Grounds > Eir - The Healer

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-14-2008   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

TooMuchHair is on a distinguished road
Default Need advice for stage hybrid build

Hi guys and gals, could you give me some help on my build? I'm a hybrid stage build (i would have been FS if more people played lunia, I always have to solo stages).

Here is a sample: http://lunian.genin.jp/en/calc/skill...00000080004_68

First of all, I'm not sure which of the 3 primary heals to max. I'm probably going to max LoH but i'm not sure about sunlight or bead. (atm i have 1 sunlight and 4 bead and 4 LoH)

Also, is ressurection worth a point? I hear you can only get the reagent on certain stages.

Secondly, which is the best out of pieces, tears and spirit?

Thirdly, is putting 1 point in to Concentration and DMB(critical) a waste of points since I am quite limited on points as a hybrid?

You may have noticed I have lots of points remaining, thats becuase I'm not sure what the higher lvl skills do and how good they are. I am probably going to skip blesses because I can
't be stuffed hunting reagents. Is this going to hinder me?

Please help me, completely revamp this build if you want.~

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-14-2008   #2 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Eden EternalLuniaLeague of LegendsWorld of Warcraft
Awards MoM Award

m1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud of

-1 FMB, range increase isn't important especially when you need points
-4 Bead of Healing, if it's going to be that low there's really not much sense casting it at high levels

+1 Sacred Wave/+1 Moon Fog, these two skills let you do pretty good AOE damage, and Fog has excellent range
maybe +1 Mana Increase, 100 MP for 1 point is a reasonable investment to give yourself a healthy mana pool to play with

Couple spare points after that... you could try shuffling things around to get Bead or Sunlight at a reasonable level (at least 7 or so would be good) or just dump them into the passives/Resurrection if you like.

Oh... and on the buffs, I've done okay without them, but my Sieg's Play Dead is an absolute lifesaver and regardless of any complaints you may hear about Light Shield not lasting long enough, the fact is that at level 1, LS lasts 1 second longer than Play Dead, avoids things that would hit you on the ground, and allows some degree of movement. It is expensive though, and if you're really against farming and/or buying the reagents it's understandable if you'd rather get something else. Remember, a skill you don't use is wasted points.

08-14-2008   #3 (permalink)
Vicious Yetituff
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEden EternalLeague of LegendsLunia
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

Gaiety will become famous soon enough

Res is worth the point. Jewels of life spawn on most, if not all, the major stages and raids. Some actually consider maxing it so they don't waste MP healing them back up.

As for the 3 main attack skills:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona
If you only have room for one attack skill, then that skill should probably be Pieces. Pieces has a short ten second cooldown and is better for bosses than Holy Spirit.

Theoretically, if you have room for TWO attack skills, you should get Tears and Spirit instead. Then you'd have a skill that's probably better than Pieces for most (not all) bosses, and a skill that's better for Pieces against comboable enemies or large amounts of enemies.

Many healers don't have room for that, though.

All IMHO.
1 into Concentrate is only worth it if you have truckloads of mana. Generally, your priority order should go MP Recovery, MP Increase, then Concentrate.

Critical is an absolute waste for an Eir, as many of their skills are multi-hit, weak skills, as opposed to Dainn's high-damage spells.

Get:
1 Sacred Wave
1 Moon Fog

Those two are "one-point wonder" AoE skills that will definitely help in doing damage to mobs.

Most Eirs recommend maxing Moon Bind for some of the peskier enemies, especially those who can't be combo'd.

Blessed Defense is useless. Blessed Bravery may help dish out a bit more damage, but you probably won't find the 4/7 extra points to be able to put in.

Some Eirs will grab level 1 Life Extension for added fake-res ability. People tend not to get the higher levels since buffs override each other.

Light Shield is a costly "panic button" if you and/or your party members are going to get crushed by an attack that you just can't avoid. I say costly because spider ropes and black pearls are the hardest reagents to farm. You'll be able to trade in Vouchers of Appreciation for reagents in some future patch, but who knows when that'll be.

</tossing out well-known info>

I don't have enough knowledge about heals since I don't actually play an Eir >_>;

08-14-2008   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

http://lunian.genin.jp/en/calc/skill...10000080104_80

okay, so now i have 7 bead, 6 sunlight, 1 sacred wave, 1 moon fog and 1 mana increase. Should I get any moon bind?

08-15-2008   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

lazybum will become famous soon enough

Firstly Holy Spirit is perfectly fine at lvl 1. Its never really for damage and high lvls of holyspirit will eat up your mana. -7 there.

In my opinion, Light of Purification is not needed. Its not really useful, especially for a hybrid build. You can -1 there.

FMB at 1 is fine. The extra range and damage is not worth the extra sp. IMO you hardly even need fmb at all when staging. I hardly use at at all except for very occasional mob control. Minus at least 1 from here.

Moon Bind is also not really needed for staging. I would personally leave it at 0

That leaves you with about 9 points. You can distrubute them among your heals and pieces and/or light shield if you want.

Tlunia - Drastic (Dainn), Eclipse (Eir)

08-15-2008   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Settos is on a distinguished road
Class: Healer to_cardmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybum
In my opinion, Light of Purification is not needed. Its not really useful, especially for a hybrid build. You can -1 there.
IMO, LoP is a staple skill for any type of Eir. It's a cancel skill alongside Shout and Heal. If he's going to cancel HS with heal, then SoH can be cancelled with LoP. Also, most hybrids want to PvP, so LoP is good against curses (Wiz AoE's and Knight Provocation).

My suggestion
If you don't really like antidote, you can just simply put it into other skills (e.g. LS, Pieces, MP increase, or HS).

08-15-2008   #7 (permalink)
Don't go, Simple+Clean~

LeafKunoichi is on a distinguished road
IGN: LeafKunoichi, ChocoVanill
Class: Eir/Healer
Guild: Illuminati

Antidote isn't a must-have but, It'll save you the trouble of having to continuously heal poisoned allies. Holy Spirit 1 is enough for a hybrid build since you'll be needing the points.

http://lunian.genin.jp/en/calc/skill...10000280104_80

Sig by Synlight

08-15-2008   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

thanks for all the replies and your builds. AT the moment, i've got 5 pieces, 3 tears and 2 HS. So should I stop at 2 HS? I've always thought that HS was better than tears because of a 15s shorter cooldown and usually stronger than mobs. The only place that tears is better is at non-flinchable enemies.

08-15-2008   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

lazybum will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melpomene
IMO, LoP is a staple skill for any type of Eir. It's a cancel skill alongside Shout and Heal. If he's going to cancel HS with heal, then SoH can be cancelled with LoP. Also, most hybrids want to PvP, so LoP is good against curses (Wiz AoE's and Knight Provocation).

My suggestion
If you don't really like antidote, you can just simply put it into other skills (e.g. LS, Pieces, MP increase, or HS).
Well he said he wanted a stage hybrid so I think he meant that we wanted a 99% stage build that is like fs, but has more offensive power than full fs. Not a build that is 50% stage 50% pvp.

If it holds true that he wants a stage build, an extra cancel is not needed from my experience. Self heal and holy shout is more than sufficient.

EDIT: Well i guess if you feel that you need more cancels to get yourself out of sticky situations or extend your comboes, feel free to add one.

And @toomuchhair, holy spirit is fine at 1 since its not really for dealing damage. Its for keeping you enemies in the air and for mob control. The damage increase per lvl is not really fanatastic and you need to put a lot of points into it just to make sure the damage remains decent as you deal with higher lvl mobs.

Tlunia - Drastic (Dainn), Eclipse (Eir)

08-15-2008   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

http://lunian.genin.jp/en/calc/skill...10000080104_80

kk this is probably my final build, or maybe ditchign antidote for 1 more sunlight. HS and FMb are at 3 and 2 respectively because I have already added the poitns in so i can't reverse it