ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia Hunting Grounds > Eir - The Healer

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-10-2007   #1 (permalink)
The REAL Ayumi from MyLunia
Awards Retired Forum Operations Staff

Borkborkbork has disabled reputation
Default Dodge.

Love it or hate it skill.

Discuss.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-10-2007   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

ClericChi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ClericChi

Is dodge good?
So you run and drop bombs? Can you run through monsters?
Looks like it has very high dmg though O_o

08-10-2007   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Xephirshot is on a distinguished road

I actually don't like the skill that much, the description made it sound like you'd jump ahead like a few dash lengths and drop multiple bombs. You actually just hop forward about one dash length and drop a bomp near the end of the dash that does one of three things: explodes immediately if you aimed your dodge directly at enemies and will knock them down, hang out for a few seconds and then explode if an enemy walks into it and knocks it down, or explodes harmlessly if no enemy walks into it if your timing/aiming are off. It's decent damange and a good knockdown, but full moon bullet seems to be safer with longer range and has a wider area of effect.

08-10-2007   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

mintyherb is on a distinguished road

dodge is good for those awkward moments when you've charged forward faster than your party's Sieg and are about to be surrounded by monsters that can clearly kick you butt.

i like it because it does a LOT of damage with relatively short recharge time, but even i think it's useless..just another skill to do an extra little dmg more no real strategy or use in combos :-/

08-10-2007   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

lololz is on a distinguished road

I personally love it, if I'm soloing a mission or rushing to a party member, I use it to break a crowd.
I use it differently in the case I Dash infront of normal monsters thus the bomb exploding on impact, me dashing through the monster, then continue dashing towards said person that needs healing. It's so much fun to use on monsters that get knocked back. I won't say I use it frequently but dammit it's usefull.

Also in pvp, when someone's right behind you chasing you, a quick dodge in the same direction will always knock them down as they can't tell the difference between the skill and a normal dash until they explode. Even if they see the bomb they usually move from it's range, giving you some time to heal, wait for a skill to recharge or plan your next move.

I've personally never been in a Pvp without using this skill. It a great knockdown move especially when facing button mashing Knights who unsuspectingly move towards you.

Also the one reason I love it, is that it looks lik Eir did an explosive poopy. :3
End~ Nublet

08-11-2007   #6 (permalink)
The REAL Ayumi from MyLunia
Awards Retired Forum Operations Staff

Borkborkbork has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lololz

Also the one reason I love it, is that it looks lik Eir did an explosive poopy. :3
Awesome.

Dodge is useful for PVP, but meh for outside of PVP. <_<

08-11-2007   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Srannatty is on a distinguished road

dodge is useful in stages too. when you are surrounded by monsters you can use it to escape from them. It is very useful in PVP with full moon bullet.

08-11-2007   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

imo, Dodge is really hard to combo with so it doesn't seem like a great skill for me.

if you dodge and an enemy get hit by it, there's no point in dashing back, b/c you'll end up going past the monster. the most i've ever done is (dodge)(space) and that doesn't do nearly the same amount of damage a couple of (A)'s and (Moon Pieces) can do.

if anyone here can make a decent (Dodge) combo that does at least 100 dmg, i'm willing to change my opinions.

08-11-2007   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

It is useless to use dodge-space...;;;; Most of the time, dodge is end of the combo. Few monthes ago we could do Dodge-dash back-aaa-as, but not now. I don't know whether it will be available after the next patch. Manager did some work on checking the balances.

08-11-2007   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

i hope so, it does do quite a lot of dmg for its level... (o 3o)

it would be nice to be able to drop more than one bomb per dodge, or use dodge a few times in succession...do you know if anything like that will be allowed?

08-11-2007   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

No... that's unfair for other characters... Healers can use a-s combos max without using any other skills....

08-11-2007   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Kismet is on a distinguished road

Dodge is actually one of my favorite spells because of how easy it is to combo. Sure the usage of this spell is rather limited but the fact that it is easy to combo and hurts quite a lot makes it useful. This is, of course, only for those who enjoy doing combos. Because it is really only usable as a combo finisher, it is technically better PVE than PVP since in PVE juggles multiply your damage while PVP reduces your damage with longer juggles. Regardless, I am raising this skill as I am going a combat build for PVP.

To get an idea of how much damage this does, I was able to get it up to 500ish damage for the Dodge alone at the end of a juggle (18-hit) in PVE while normally it only hurts mid-100s. This also goes for Full Moon Bullet, since they are roughly the same damage. However, at the end of a 18-hit combo in PVP it only hurts about 40ish if I remember right.

Tias, try and get creative with my Tia Combo Creation Guide!

08-11-2007   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

I don't think dodge is only for PVP people. It is also good to use when you are cursed to move slow. Use dodge and the time of the curse ends. I used it in 2-10 Drake when Icy thingy(dunno monster name in English....) attacked me. It is also helpful to fool monsters who are following you. So at leat 1 is needed