ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Eir Guides (http://ggftw.com/forum/eir-guides/)
-   -   tips when fighting a tia (http://ggftw.com/forum/eir-guides/22733-tips-when-fighting-tia.html)

Riku4564 09-15-2008 12:10 AM

tips when fighting a tia

ok, if you are reading this you are playing an eir right? tias get annoying REALLY annoying. i wrote this so some people might have a better idea of how to fight a tia :)

ok so hint 1 is

when a tia uses slide (>>S) you get stuck inside the chain. usually after the slide, they do a combo such as >>s aass (skill) on average a lv40-50 tia hits 20-35dmg each hit, which is 3 hits for the slide, 2 hits for the first "a" then 3 hits for the other 3 keys. thats about 160-280hp lost! so after she uses slide there is about a 0.05second delay before the next hit hits. you can use dodge to cancel the chain. so >>S - cancel with dodge - if your dodge is lv5 or higher you can turn around and do a combo eg: ">>S"-cancel with dodge- *turn around* aa shift aaaa>>as shout>>as blah blah :)

hint 2 is

dont use moonbind in the open, only use it if your gonna cancel it, or if its lv4 and your sure its going to hit both times. if you completely miss and didnt cancel it, you can get killed easily

hint 3 is

you know how annoying it is when they knock you down then they hold down S waiting for you to get up and as soon as you get up they let go and you get stunned and b4 u know it your in a combo again? well some ways to get out of this is

1: counterattack (a) then dash backwards to cancel, so then the tia is stuck in that position for like 0.7 seconds (enough time to run to a safe distance)

2: counterattack (a) then use a skill to cancel the animation eg: (A) dodge <cancel> this will cause the tia to dash into the dodge lol i think :confused:

last hint is

if you think your going to escape by running away slowly (lol), if you are fighting a really good tia then you might get backstab-ed while u are escaping. dont run away, just try to avoid her melee

thats all folks :) lol

SkyAngelic 09-15-2008 03:19 AM

Lol i can imagine an anti-Tia build, which consists of maxed dodge and some other things o_o

1stsim144 09-15-2008 03:39 AM

I only able to kill tia who is at the same level as i am ONCE.
lol, they're too fast for this poor character! ><

iARE1337 09-15-2008 07:02 AM

Dodge is your best friend :D To bad mine is too low level to continue off of.

imported_kicknock 09-15-2008 08:04 AM

hehe my eir has anti-tia build ;D
o and u could always infinite them to death if they give u such a hard time...

camelopardais 09-15-2008 04:31 PM

not every1 can do that though :P

flsg 09-15-2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kicknock (Post 426866)
hehe my eir has anti-tia build ;D
o and u could always infinite them to death if they give u such a hard time...

ORLY? tia can infinite eir to death even easier with more dmg from poison
and there are many ways for tia to counter eir's counters lol
slide backstab when eir dodged
shuri cancel the S charge
etc

tia vs eir is all about mind games x.x

DivineRoyalty 09-15-2008 04:44 PM

hmmm maybe add ssa? since its long range and we all know tias have horrible range, its easy to make them move in a direction to avoid it or you hit them, then shift and aaaa (add more stuff here)

imported_john 09-15-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flsg (Post 427952)

QFT

also dont miss pieces bcuz pro tias just walk up behind u and backstab... lol

Riku4564 09-16-2008 12:46 AM

lol for some reason i find doing infinites hard lol i can do at a wall (facing right) aasaaaa<<>aaaa<<>aaaa-then i stuff up >.<

[cmon, keep the comments coming] lol

1stsim144 09-16-2008 01:04 AM

sometime, if i able to, i sleep stun, attack and moon chain then bullet at tia, bam. Died. :|

But, i think everyone knows that. XD

imported_john 09-16-2008 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DivineRoyalty (Post 427955)
hmmm maybe add ssa? since its long range and we all know tias have horrible range, its easy to make them move in a direction to avoid it or you hit them, then shift and aaaa (add more stuff here)

If a Tia gets hit by SSA then they're retarded <_< Srsly, how2 not avoid slow projectile with faster character that can jump over stuff??

Griever 09-16-2008 03:26 AM

I hope GLunia gets the Eir buff from Klunia soon. Once we get that we're actually slightly more balanced in PVP as opposed to the other players.

Riku4564 09-16-2008 03:40 AM

lol whats this new eir buff ive been hearing about? ive heard its a skill that cancells sacred wave and moonbind? what skill is it? or is it an update?

Pathos 09-16-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flsg (Post 427952)

That's true.

A suggestion for defensive tactics would be to use Moon Barrier so that it would help block against the Tia's Deployment Throwing Knife, especially if you know that they will use it as a finisher.

flsg 09-16-2008 03:54 PM

^ well tias like I me has poison shurikens AND midair prison, just in case lol

riku: sacred waves juggles and cancelable, and moon chain can go through the opponent I think

hahaheheho 09-16-2008 05:45 PM

if they hold s down do the s wake up instead of a wakeup and then go into a wake up.

DivineRoyalty 09-16-2008 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john (Post 428532)
If a Tia gets hit by SSA then they're retarded <_< Srsly, how2 not avoid slow projectile with faster character that can jump over stuff??

meh not exactly, I've been able to hit plenty of tias with ssa, mini maps o.o + if they're coming for you theres always s space.

flsg 09-16-2008 06:08 PM

^ I dont think you've ever hit me more than 3 with ssa times in all our matches lol

if an eir ssa I just sideroll(to confuse the eir more, I use dash a sp AND dash as)

oh and since I'm always near you when I roll(I rule lol), if you miss your ssa I'll slide into you

DivineRoyalty 09-16-2008 06:09 PM

you can always change direction during ssa don't forget that.