Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-30-2008   #21 (permalink)
Puhi Puhi <3~

Maiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura about

:O

How come i didn't get a @ sign?

@ John: level 44 huh -.-;? My tia's still 39
Btw, i got a skill resest for my healer. Should i continue making her the Party PvP FS Healer that she is now, or make her into a full PvP Healer?

Thanks to CherryPanda for an AWESOME sig!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-30-2008   #22 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzJOHN
Lol thanks Mai I'm flattered (btw level 44 lol)

anyway, I updated. I revamped [101] and changed the title, since I think I'm going to organize the first combo section to combo using one/two skills only, and the next section will include long combos with more spells included in it.

@Lunar: What exactly about S canceling besides doing it if you miss AS?

I'm going to get around to which melee attacks can be skill/dash cancellable, though I don't really understand it.

Most melee attacks that cause delay can be canceled by pressing S and dashing. Um... is that what you wanted? >_>
yes sir!

05-01-2008   #23 (permalink)
sexy can I?

imported_john will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to imported_john
IGN: john
Class: Eir to_boxer
Level: 58
Guild: DashAttack

@Mai lol whichever u want! FS is kickass in free server, just not at 1v1 lol. oh yea

@Lunar k done lol. updated. >_>

05-01-2008   #24 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

VeraSwablu will become famous soon enough
IGN: NeoSerela
Class: Eir the Healer lu_eir
Guild: Titans, DashAttack

No combo guide is complete without even mentioning Chain... its great for comboing. You can do it after AS, close-range Tears, high lvled dodge(Turn around after dodge... lol), and after it, depending on where the enemy is, you can then use either Holy Spirit, Tears, or Max Moon Bind(Cancel? Haven't seen max bind in action.) to buy you time to do whatever you want next.

You should have LadyEir show you some stuff, like how to hit Dodge after HS (With a high lvled dodge, this can allow you to continue your combo... you can get some damn nice combo's this way. I made a 20+ hit one, but I need LadyEir to test it =3)

Get to Lv48 now btw, finding what you can stick Wave after is fun. Place it at the end of a long combo and that scarecrow will cry from the 3.6 multiplier.

Soon you'll be at the part of the guide's growth where you just fill in as many combo's as you can... lol.

05-01-2008   #25 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Yuui is on a distinguished road

it's ok...john know most of the stuff...just lazy lol

btw i thought AS was dash cancelable? meaning no s cancel?

05-01-2008   #26 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

dash as?..........

05-01-2008   #27 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

he said if you press "AS" and miss s cancel. I thought AS was cancellable not sure if he meant dash as because he didnt say o.o

05-01-2008   #28 (permalink)
sexy can I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeraSwablu
No combo guide is complete without even mentioning Chain... its great for comboing. You can do it after AS, close-range Tears, high lvled dodge(Turn around after dodge... lol), and after it, depending on where the enemy is, you can then use either Holy Spirit, Tears, or Max Moon Bind(Cancel? Haven't seen max bind in action.) to buy you time to do whatever you want next.

You should have LadyEir show you some stuff, like how to hit Dodge after HS (With a high lvled dodge, this can allow you to continue your combo... you can get some damn nice combo's this way. I made a 20+ hit one, but I need LadyEir to test it =3)

Get to Lv48 now btw, finding what you can stick Wave after is fun. Place it at the end of a long combo and that scarecrow will cry from the 3.6 multiplier.

Soon you'll be at the part of the guide's growth where you just fill in as many combo's as you can... lol.
yea uh... I'm gonna put Chain in later... but I see many bad points with this...

1) Chain after AS fails, you don't know where it goes and it often just falls to the ground
2) you shouldnt even be doing Chain after AS since shifting or doing other things can get you more damage...
3) High level dodge... you really should be using Tears instead...

And yea, i know you can do that with dodge and Holy Spirit... but it's not worth it since you're pretty much just wasting dodge. And last time I checked, while your enemy is in the air, all level dodge's behavior is the same. Correct me if I'm wrong but the combo you suggested was

AASAAAA dash AS Holy Spirit Selfheal cancel dash dodge (holyspirit will pick up) and continue combo?

Yea, Sacred Hax is nice in stage, but in PvP its more used as a combo starter...

Sorry if that sounded arrogant x.x, cuz i didnt mean it to be lol. Just sharing what I know

@Yuui... TECHNICALLY... AS is not dash cancellable... its just that the delay is so short that sometimes theres no need to cancel.

Added Moonlight Chain.

05-01-2008   #29 (permalink)
~_~
Games
Dragon NestLuniaDungeon Fighter Online

Pathos has disabled reputation

Comment on FMB usage... you might want to add that FMB shouldn't be used near dead people in Multiple PvP Battles. Sometimes it'll turn hairy and hit the person you won't want.

Anyways, excellent guide John. :3

05-01-2008   #30 (permalink)
sexy can I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngelum
Comment on FMB usage... you might want to add that FMB shouldn't be used near dead people in Multiple PvP Battles. Sometimes it'll turn hairy and hit the person you won't want.

Anyways, excellent guide John. :3
Um. What? I don't get it haha. You mean FMB won't go for the person you want it to? That happens a lot.. <_<

Thanks though.

Does anyone know how to make the title change? @_@

Gaiety: Hi. Done.

05-01-2008   #31 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

"it chases after ghosts" that's wut he wants u to put
administrative requests to change title

05-01-2008   #32 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

<3Desu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeraSwablu

20+ is not really something ._.
also same as what john said , chain after as is a nono and a waste, just shift halfdash *insertcombohere*
its only good for the wallcombo after hs, or for a random chain into pieces or something

05-02-2008   #33 (permalink)
sexy can I?

ergh... this is harder than i thought -_-

Am I just listing random combos? or wut.

You can link almost anything if you do it right... and with Eir's limited attack spells theres not much combos out there >_>

05-02-2008   #34 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

well.. eir pvp isnt about combos it's more about control.. that's y an eir combo guide is near useless.. u just gotta master that one main combo with spirit chain FMB shout aaa's

05-02-2008   #35 (permalink)
You cant resist my avatar

Romance is on a distinguished road
IGN: Loved | Vyre
Class: Eir
Level: 62 | 45
Guild: Titans | DashAttack

"Full Moon Bullet - Level 9
lolololol. probably one of Eir's worst skills to combo with. A simple one would be"

zomg you told me to leave it at 1! :0

05-02-2008   #36 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

but ur supposed to leave it at one... lol

05-02-2008   #37 (permalink)
sexy can I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romance
"Full Moon Bullet - Level 9
lolololol. probably one of Eir's worst skills to combo with. A simple one would be"

zomg you told me to leave it at 1! :0
Level 9 = the level you get it at... <_<

Yeah, I know its more about control... but there should be SOME things that people want to be able to learn because practice field combos are fail. I'm gonna sleep on it and just figure it out over the weekend.

05-02-2008   #38 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

hey i noticed something...im quoted :O

i say the most important combo would have to be that high level dodge-tears-dash as-hs(WALL)-chain-fmb-dash as-shout-shift-aaaa-aaaa etc combo

and since this is a basic combo guide, i think you should just put the more dmg spells at the end.

05-05-2008   #39 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

this_barb is on a distinguished road

My contributions:

AS is easier to cancel out of than AAS. You can cancel out at any point during -S in AS (when Eir hits with the Book) by dashing. AAS, however, requires you to eat the animation delay of the final -S (the Wand uppercut) before you can dash out. The delay between A and S in AS is above an acceptable level. Most times, you'll be at the receiving end of a combo or will miss completely if you are not adept at using AS.

BTW, shifting is both easy and hard for an Eir. With the standard AS launcher, Eir has, quite possibly, the easiest time with shifting out of any of the classes. Shifting with AAS, however, is another story. It is possible to shift with the AAS launcher, but one needs to be adept at either positioning or half-dashing to regain the distance lost during the shift. For example, AASAAAA shift AAAA is extremely hard to perform (unless you are precisely positioned). AASAAAA shift AA dash AS or AASAAAA shift AA halfdash AAAA shift... etc etc. is possible.

Personally, I don't find much use for S-space. It's slow (atleast, slower than just dashing away). A little known trick to spin-dash (as utilitized in the one kLunia video) is to press a direction opposite the one you are facing while you press S Space. This causes you to do a full 180 degree turn (a.k.a spin-dash). This also works for a 180 degree arc opposite the direction you are facing. For example, if you are facing 4, pressing 2, 3, 6, 8, or 9 would cause you to do a "spindash" animation. Only, 6, however, would produce the full 180 degree turn.

About Moonlight Chain... Personally, I find that Chain, as used for the generic Eir combo (AASAAAA dash AS Holy Spirit [hit wall] Moonlight Chain), is terrible. Assuming PvP, at that point, Chain would be hitting for approximately 8-9 damage a hit (x8 = 64-72 damage). The total crapiness is compounded even further by the fact that Chain costs 93 MP at level 1 (i.e. a huge chunk of MP for such low damage). It may help marginally to keep enemies juggled so you can wait for skill CD, but even then, the benefits are only slight since the duration of Chain is only around ~3 seconds.

Dodge is... an amazing skill. It has its uses for getting out of the initial melee strings but its much better if used offensively. To continue where you left off...
At level 7, you can AA Dodge turn AA dash AS... (continued). At level 8 and over, you can do AA Dodge turn [Full melee string]. At level 7 and up, you will not have to prematurely cancel with self-Heal.

Sleepbind combo may be Eir's cheapest combo, but it hardly counts as "cheap," in the general sense of the word. For Sleep->Bind->Fog->Pieces, it costs a hefty 700 MP or so. Compare this to Dainn's Meteor or Sieg's Nado->DFist, and you would find it hard to consider the SleepBind combo as one of the top damage combos.

-Math

05-16-2008   #40 (permalink)
sexy can I?

updated. I gave out my super secret combo