Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-07-2008   #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Lunia
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

Gota is on a distinguished road

Light shield is now an instant cast =o Just like dodge.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-07-2008   #22 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

imported_Citrine will become famous soon enoughimported_Citrine will become famous soon enough

omfg YES!! 130 of my spider ropes are really going to be in use >:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gota
cit is badass as always :P

03-07-2008   #23 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

riceburner4540 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can slip you about 40 of them as well.
"If someone asks you whether or not you're ticklish, it doesn't matter what you say, they're gonna touch you. If you don't wanna be touched, you gotta say something like, 'I have diarrhea. And yes, I'm very ticklish.'"

03-08-2008   #24 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Dewedi is on a distinguished road

at pvp i use chain as "safety dealer" siegs like to rush on me i press chain and they get a bit away for skill! WooT! Moonbind at stages are not so good but it might work on midbosses?
And you did forget awesome barrier lure. ^^ thnx for nice guide

03-08-2008   #25 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Muley is on a distinguished road

In my opinion, pieces x tears in stages do not matter that much, and both are equally good. Tears may be supperior because can be used both in combos and as a defense, but pieces still deals a lot of dmg too and follows targets, plus it's spammable. I still like HS a lot better for mutiple purposes; even thinking about dropping all points I invested on pieces.

About the blessings, I am not sure which one I will learn and eventually max. So far I added 1 in bb, and once I get to ep4L I will add in life extension, so Dains won't get 1hit owned everytime. I have not seen many people using their buffs, appart from a few Mana extentions (which I luv so much), but I usually look around to see if they are using. An easier job would just say not to use it, Eirs heal, they are not psychics.

And last, in early game, I tied PoS to sunlight mana cost; in legend, I swapped it to LoH, so I'm living with it at lv5. And I think the uses of Prayer are very limited; there are few situations where you are not under attack or put in danger to be freely casting it, and it's costy just for a fake ress. It's an awesome skill though, must have.

03-08-2008   #26 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyHawk
So far I added 1 in bb, and once I get to ep4L I will add in life extension, so Dains won't get 1hit owned everytime.
Just so you know, if you have less than 2k hp, chances are you will get "1 hit owned" at some point in Episode 4L.
"If someone asks you whether or not you're ticklish, it doesn't matter what you say, they're gonna touch you. If you don't wanna be touched, you gotta say something like, 'I have diarrhea. And yes, I'm very ticklish.'"

03-08-2008   #27 (permalink)
You talkin' to me?

Ultimaga will become famous soon enoughUltimaga will become famous soon enough
IGN: xVertigo
Class: NINJA! lu_sieg
Level: 8x
Guild: Fusion

adding to rice's post:

seriously, if you arent very agile in dodging attacks and being aware of almost all situations, ep 4 legend will kick your ass, no matter how much hp you have. life extension will make a minimal difference as to survivability. you're better off getting LS.

and adding that 1 point into bravery isnt even worth casting on characters that have better buffs (tia's hide, knight's mag def, etc)

and again, i dont see the point of healers limiting themselves to gaining even less of a mana pool, lvl 5 sac will not do the job at late game, neither will any less than max mana recovery, i dont care if you "do fine at keeping people alive", because it wont be the case in every single situation you face, and a healer with higher lvl sac/mana recovery will fare much better than those without.

episode 4 legend is not easy like episode 3.

03-08-2008   #28 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Fiona is on a distinguished road

People base level 5 Sacrifice off of their current experiences without taking into account that they will continue to level up, and AS they continue to level up, their heal spells will cost more and more MP to cast AND they'll have more HP available to use Price of Sacrifice with. I'd be surprised if level 5 Sac was enough to cut it for nearly any healer build at higher levels. ...heck, I often found level 6 sacrifice to only barely be enough at level 59, myself. Something that is also important to note is that your mana recovery skill will have maxed out long before the high level 50's, but your heal skills will NOT. Your heals will continue to level up and cost more and more mana to cast, and your mana recovery will stay the same. The only way to keep up will be to put more points into PoS, really.

(on a random note, the intended level for Episode 4 Legend is Level 56 minimum. They wouldn't have set the quests to have that as the minimal level reqs if they didn't intend for you to be at that level. Admittingly, the statistical stats difference between a level 51 character and a level 56 character isn't that much. Heck, it's not like you get upgraded potions beyond level 51... which by the way is another reason you'll have to level up PoS more. Your mana recovery and your potions won't be improving any after they're maxed, after all)

I have realized that the problem with Blessed Bravery is that unless you continually pump points into it, the added damage from it will become more and more negligible as you level up. While the same is true for nearly EVERY damage skill in the game, it's particularly jarring with Blessed Bravery because the reagent cost becomes outrageous as it gets higher and higher. Level 6 Blessed Bravery does NOT give double the benefit of level 4, yet costs twice as many regs, and yet if you have only level 4 blessed bravery, it will barely be increasing your damage at all at the higher levels. I've decided it's better off putting those four points into Light Shield if you're considering blessed bravery (assuming non PvP).

That said, maybe level 3 light shield is good enough. You only really need light shield to last long enough to get out of a dangerous situation (most actions will make it dissappear unless you're a Dainn), and 8 seconds should be good enough for that. However, the best argument for leaving it at 3 instead of 4 (besides the fact that you'll be saving a skill point) is that the mana cost of casting it shoots up drastically for that fourth skill point (is 2 more seconds of light shield that you probably will not even use really worth an extra skill point and DOUBLING the mana cost of the spell?)

RANDOM EDIT: Hmm, according to the Chinese skill builder, E-heal no longer gets a range increase at higher levels...

03-08-2008   #29 (permalink)
Apple is A
Games
VindictusLunia

Laughatyou21 is on a distinguished road
IGN: CarmelSan
Class: Eir lu_eir
Guild: OurStory

I just realized that E-Heal got buffed up to 120 range. `-`

How sexy. <3

03-08-2008   #30 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Fiona is on a distinguished road

Ah, that would explain why it no longer gets a range increase at higher skill levels. Because it already gets that range increase at skill level 1.

..........wow, improved tears, improved holy spirit, improved sunlight, improved e-heal, instant dodge, and instant light shield. Eir's abilities were probably buffed the most out of all the characters O_o

03-18-2008   #31 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

tsukiyako is on a distinguished road

In my opinion: (These are opinions)
1. I personally love moonlight chain. I once pulled off a Holy spirit, Tears of goddess, Moonlight chain combo on a mob and the moonlight chains were taking like 150 dmg per for 4 strikes 'cause they all died after 4. ._. And it was Level 1 Chain. xD I want to ask opinions on raising it to a higher level to get more dmg, but I think combo-ing with Chain is already really good.

2. Tears and Moonlight Pieces are both good. I think Tears is even better because now it has 4 "tears". At least in OB, it didn't have the one right in from of you. Maybe I'm stupid, I dunno. Well Tears is a really good dmg dealer if combo'd with Holy Spirit. I.e. AS-Holy Spirit-Tears= 50-80 dmg per hit on tears. Moonlight pieces can't really be combo'd with, but it's a really good dmg dealer on mobs. Even if it hits like 4 times, that's about 300 dmg there on L5, which is only half the max level (I think L7/8 is pretty efficient enough if you don't think you'll have enough points).

3. Personally, I want maxed Light of Healing, even if it means a ton of MP cost. Max would heal a good chunk of a Sieg's HP bar, so they can dash into battle again. However, for Dainns, I usually just bead them.

4. Sunlight- I like it, and I made the mistake of adding multiple points into it. I really only see it as a fake ressurection like emergency heal. I think it's safe to put at least 1 point into it. I think you should either put 1 point, or max it.

5. PoS at L6 is efficient enough, I think. ._. Unless you have Vit equip and increase maximum HP, you shouldn't get L7. It seems to be too much HP for stagers (Yes, I'm a stage Eir, forgot to mention).

6. I don't like Holy shout as a cancel skill. I think dodge is sufficient for cancels, as you can dash away after and you're "dashing away" in the skill too. Just imo. ^^

03-18-2008   #32 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

The color hurts my eyes so I'm taking the liberty to change it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukiyako
In my opinion: (These are opinions)
1. I personally love moonlight chain. I once pulled off a Holy spirit, Tears of goddess, Moonlight chain combo on a mob and the moonlight chains were taking like 150 dmg per for 4 strikes 'cause they all died after 4. ._. And it was Level 1 Chain. xD I want to ask opinions on raising it to a higher level to get more dmg, but I think combo-ing with Chain is already really good.
In terms of stage combos, there's nothing Moonlight Chain can do that you can't already do yourself with AAAA back dash AAAA. With Holy Spirit and heal cancels, wall combos like this are easier than ever. It's easier to Chain, sure, but is it worth the extra points? At level 1, when used in a combo, the damage is decent but the reason to even do it at all is because it's for legality purposes in long Eir combos (in PvP). In stages, there aren't any such rules regarding whether or not a combo is legal or not.

Quote:
2. Tears and Moonlight Pieces are both good. I think Tears is even better because now it has 4 "tears". At least in OB, it didn't have the one right in from of you. Maybe I'm stupid, I dunno. Well Tears is a really good dmg dealer if combo'd with Holy Spirit. I.e. AS-Holy Spirit-Tears= 50-80 dmg per hit on tears. Moonlight pieces can't really be combo'd with, but it's a really good dmg dealer on mobs. Even if it hits like 4 times, that's about 300 dmg there on L5, which is only half the max level (I think L7/8 is pretty efficient enough if you don't think you'll have enough points).
New Tears has 5 drops. Assuming you're speaking of level 1 Tears, then you'd be right, although unless you're doing it at a wall, you're likely going to have to Spirit, dash dash Tears or Spirit, heal cancel dash Tears. Also, you can most definitely combo with Pieces. It's not the most efficient way to use it by far, but when you're in a hurry, you can fire off Pieces after Spirit for some decent damage. You can even follow up with dash AS, Shout (and if you're at a wall), back dash/shift AAAA, etc. Pieces is best used on large enemies (if you plan on juggling with it) since it'll hit 3-4 times and the total damage tends to be equal to or more than what you would do with Sacred Wave.

Quote:
3. Personally, I want maxed Light of Healing, even if it means a ton of MP cost. Max would heal a good chunk of a Sieg's HP bar, so they can dash into battle again. However, for Dainns, I usually just bead them.
I find the HP differences between high level Dainns and Siegs to be negligible. I've met Dainns with 2.3, 2.4k hp and I've met Siegs with 2.8k or so. That's a 300-400 hp difference. You don't have to have maxed Light of Healing, in my opinion. It's nice, but really, you're gonna need to cast LoH three times to fully heal most players regardless of whether your LoH is lvl 8 or 10.

Quote:
6. I don't like Holy shout as a cancel skill. I think dodge is sufficient for cancels, as you can dash away after and you're "dashing away" in the skill too. Just imo. ^^
They're used for different situations. Dodge can be used if you have no particular direction you need to head directly after cancelling and going forward doesn't matter. Shout pushes any nearby enemies back while allowing you to dash-cancel forward, backwards, or to either side (no diagonals). Heal cancel is probably the best one, as it's practically instant and allows you to dash in any direction although it does not push back, knock up, or damage any monsters.

03-18-2008   #33 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

tsukiyako is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceburner4540
The color hurts my eyes so I'm taking the liberty to change it.
Sorry. ._. Well, I read what you said, and it's very well thought out. I was just stating my opinions, but I think that the points you have made are worth while to read. I was initially thinking of resetting my Holy Shout, but I want to experiment and such with it. Thanks.

Oh btw, does Heal cancel mean Self- Heal cancel? :O I never got what it meant.

03-18-2008   #34 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

Yes, heal cancels use the self-heal spell. Leave it at level 1.

03-23-2008   #35 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

traversc is on a distinguished road

OP: can you describe how to heal cancel? Why do you say it cancels sunlight at the perfect time?

About pieces vs. tears - against bosses, I've found pieces to be very useful because of the huge safety range. You can hit stuff not even on the screen.

I've found that sunlight is the best heal in the game. Especially on raids where there are 8 people running around and one or two more eirs in the party. beads is too slow, and by the time it hits, usually another healer has already done the job.

03-23-2008   #36 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Lunia
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

Gota is on a distinguished road

When you use sunlight of healing, from the time you press sunlight, to the time you can move after sunlight, it is a very long time, and the heal itself happens somewhere between that whole time frame. (sorry, dont have the exact time)

Between the time after the heal happens, and the time after the whole animation of sunlight till you can move, is a delay, since you stand there doing nothing basically, and pretty much in danger. So since sunlight is skill cancellable, he means to use a skill like dodge, or self heal or holy shout, or whatever you want that would enable you to move or dash out of the skill, to get out of that skill delay animation and danger.

"at the perfect time" means canceling right after the heal happens, not before it, which would have wasted your sunlight.

Usually when people say heal cancel though, they mean self heal cancel, which is like holy spirit then cancel spirit with self heal then dash out to cancel self heal.

EDIT: Just read over again OP's post, when he said self heal cancels sunlight at almost the exact time. Since skills on the same tab have its own cooldown, I think mis means that by the time after you press sunlight, and trying to use self heal to cancel it, the tab cooldown would be near perfect to cancel sunlight, since the tab cooldown is around the same as the time from when you press sunlight and the sunlight heal happening.

03-23-2008   #37 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

All spells in the Heal category have a global cooldown of 1 second, which means you can't cast Light of Healing faster than 1 second after using Sunlight or Beads. Since Sunlight's cast time is 1 second, that makes it perfect since you can heal cancel out of it as soon as the cast is finished. To heal cancel, simply cast Self Heal, then dash away as soon as the animation begins (instantly).

While Pieces does have much longer range, the damage is terrible at max range dealing maybe 4 hits even against large monsters. Tears may have much less range but at 8-10 hits and being dash cancellable, I think it's a better choice overall.

03-23-2008   #38 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

AlliBears is on a distinguished road
IGN: AlliBears
Class: Dacy
Guild: Titans

I think Moonlight Chain as a "Chain Skill"tool. You can always add in a extra kill between it which is what I refer to "Chain". And its like lock on from your left/right side when an opponent trys to counter your skill.

04-06-2008   #39 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Hakari is on a distinguished road
IGN: Innocent
Class: Eir
Guild: Illuminati

lol thanks for the suggestions..

i hear a lot about moon fog being a good skill... but i myself didn't put a SP for it.

because i don't like the cooldown.. and i think it's pretty much the same as sacred wave anyways right? and sacred wave would be much better since it's 3foot. :|

04-15-2008   #40 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Frey is on a distinguished road

Oh thanks for the opinions/suggestions =D

Just writing to say thank you =D all this helped me a lot!

Gaiety: While we appreciate your thanks, please try to say something contributive when replying to guides.