Eir Combo Guide [Under Construction]

By bobelbuilder

Updates:
11/25~A little bit on shifting~Some Tips and Tricks
11/26~Adding some stuff on AAS~Bit about skills
11/30~Added a simple combo
12/6~A bit on simple combos, and FMB stuff

Introduction:
Combos, combos, combos. I am making this guide because I don’t see one in the forum. That’s pretty much it.

Keys:
A~ Normal Attack
S~ Pentagon Light
SPACE~ Down Attack
Double Tap Any Direction~ Dash [I will use >> ^^ \/\/ or << to show which way]

No Skills Combos:
A--- One whack.
A-A--- Two whacks.
A-A-A--- Three whacks.
A-A-A-A--- Four whacks, and the last one hits the enemy into the air.
A-A-A-A-A--- Five whacks, and the second to last one hits the enemy into the air, and the last one hits it again.
A-S--- Two whacks, with the second one hitting the enemy high into the air.
A-A-S--- Three whacks, with the last one hitting the enemy into the air not as high as A-S.
A-A-A-S--- Four whacks, and the last one hits the enemy far away, but not into the air.
A-A-A-A-S--- Almost the same as A-A-A-A-A, or perhaps the same.
Dash in any direction-A-S--- Two hits, and the second one hits the enemy far away.

[Those are all the combos that end with the enemy flying (as far as I know), but with no skills]

There are many way in which you can combine these, but I will not tell you them mainly because I am super lazy. Plus, you’ll never learn if you never do, huh =D?
Here’s the longest one I put together:
A-A-S-A-A-A-A-A(or S)-dash the way you are going-A-S

Lets get a bit more fun!

Beam Combos!!!~
S-Space--- Okay, I lied. This isn't a beam combo, but it makes you step back very quickly, but still face forward.
S-S-A--- A pinkish-white beam flies out and hit the enemy into the air. Very useful in PVP if your enemy has 0 HP and is moving around.
S-S-S-A--- Pretty much the same as S-S-A, but, as far a I know, it’s slower and doesn’t go as far. Need to do more experimenting.
S-S-S-S-A--- A dark purple beam that hits the enemy and stuns them, making them unable to move for a few seconds.
S-S-S-S-S--- The flashiest one. You hit the enemy around four times [correct me if I am wrong, I am still a low level] which knocks them back a lot.

These beam combos are fairly useful, and you may be using them quite a bit. Especially the S-S-A. The S-S-A is psychologically a good weapon. Before I was an Eir, I played a Sieg and got SO freaking annoyed at that. I think she got like 150 damage on me... and when I got pissed she basically just comboed my butt so bad, it wasn't even funny. AND she was like 2 levels behind me...or maybe because I just suck! =D

Now, lets get into the skill combos.
Over here I will provide the combos the knights at the Practice Arena show you.

Required Level Combo
One A-S-A-Dash-A-S
One A-S-A-A-A-Dash-A-S
One A-S-A-A-A-A-S-Dash-A-S
Two A-S-A-Dash-A-S-Moon Pieces
Five A-S-A-A-A-A-S-Dash-A-Holy Shout

Nine A-S-A-A-Full Moon Bullet [FMB}
Thirteen A-S-FMB-Holy Shout-Tears of Goddess [ToG]-Moon Pieces
Fifteen A-S-A-A-A-A-S-Dodge
Fifteen A-S-A-A-A-A-S-Dash-A-S-Dodge
Fifteen S-S-S-A-A-A-A-S-Dash-A-S-Dodge

Thirty A-S-Moonlight Chain-FMB-ToG-Moon Pieces
Forty-Three A-S-A-Dash-A-S-Moon Bind
Forty-Eight A-A-A-A-S-Dash-A-S-Holy Shout-ToG-Sacred Wave
Forty-Eight A-S-A-A-A-A-S-Dash-A-S-Holy Shout-ToG-Sacred Wave

[That’s about it. You’d better thank me for that. It took FOREVER. These are basic combos that work well, but you may make even better ones once you get used to the game]

Now, lets go on to self made combos:
This is one of the main features of Lunia! Self made combos.

A very basic way to combo is the Holy Shout-ToG combo. It requires only a little skill, if not, none at all.

A basic one for it:
A-A-S-A-A-A-A-S-Dash-A-S-Holy Shout-Tears
It does moderately good damage, and you'll probably use this quite a bit for low level PvP. If you want even more damage, I'm not absolutely sure, but I think you can add in Moon Pieces at the end.

On to Skills:

Moon Pieces:
This skill isn't so good as a comboing thing, because when used for a combo, it's used for a finisher and it hits at most 2 times, which isn't so much.

Holy Shout:
Great skill, but keep it at level 1. It's basically a 'Hand of Earth' for Dainn, except much flashier looking =D. You can combo Tears of Goddess after it and deal somewhat massive damage. You can also continue with Dash-A-S and continue your combo for even more massive damage!

Full Moon Bullet (FMB):
You shoot this big blob of purple to hit your enemy and make hit fly back a fair amount. Great skill, good for some combos, and a nice damage dealer. I suggest 1, 2 or max.

Tears of Goddess:
Very cool. It sprays out pieces of ice onto the enemy. Pretty powerful. Definitely add some points into this .

Will add more as I level up.

Lets go into the more advanced part of comboing~

Shifting~

You may be wondering: ‘What in the world is “shifting?”’ It’s the move in which you move when you are attacking. For example, I am hitting the enemy to the right, and I ‘SHIFT’ and move it down.

To start, when shifting, ALWAYS use numpad. Numpad will help you work wonders compared to arrow keys. Shifting is extremely useful when you hit a wall in PvP, and you want to continue the combo without having to wall attack.

Now, lets get down to it!

To shift, you have to dash first. The dash has to be extremely short, so that takes a 'little' practice. I will you the numbers on the numpad to simulate dashing.

This is Perpendicular Shifting. This is how you do it. If you are facing 6, then you can double tap 9 and then continue attacking 2. That is one way. You can also, if you are facing 6, double tap 3 and then continue attacking 8. That is the basic shifting. If you master this, you can work incredible combos.

Another type of shifting is Diagonal Shifting, which is a little more challenging. Let's simulate you are facing 6. You get the enemy into the air, then quickly double tap 8 and continue attacking toward 3. Or the other way by double tapping 2 and then attacking 9.

A basic combo for shifting is just:

A-S-Shift-A-A-Shift-A-A-etc...

That's pretty much all I know about shifting. I'll add more when I get more pro =D.

Ok, on to the 'much' debated thing on whether to use AAS or AS.
AS is used very easily for shifting, as I have already said. However, some people say that you are able to AAS for shifting, but I still can't do it because I am a noob.

Another debate is the pause after the S in AS. You can dash cancel this. Easy enough to do.

Tips and Tricks:
~Numpad is the best way to move around your character, no matter what class. You will be able to dash diagonally to help your shifting a lot, and even in stage, dashing diagonally helps.

~Don’t panic. This is a large problem for a lot of people. When they start comboing someone, they get nervous and stop their combo and run away. Just keep doing it!

~Practice. I suggest you first try these combos out on the practice field, then make some up, then spar in the campfire, then PvP! You'll be very successful if you just consistently PRACTICE.

~Focus all your items on Vitality. I know, I know, this is just opinion, but Eir is so LOW on it. Undertaker stuff is pricey, but full of hp. For beginner lvls [1-3x] I suggest you just fortify some hats, pants, and boots so you can get SOME Vitality.

Legal Stuff:
I only allow people from MyLunia to use this, but email me at ‘elbuilderbob@yahoo.com’ to ask if you can host this guide.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-24-2007   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

bobzenrich is on a distinguished road

Reserved for Updates

11-24-2007   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Reserved: just in case o.o

11-25-2007   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Mikuru is on a distinguished road

For the level one combos you can add another A before S so: AASA-Dash-AS

11-25-2007   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikuru
For the level one combos you can add another A before S so: AASA-Dash-AS
Those are not made by me, they are provided at the Practice Arena.
I'll try to add more soon... I hate homework...

11-25-2007   #6 (permalink)
Light of Judgement
Awards MoM Award

Seraph is on a distinguished road
IGN: FrostSeraph
Class: Yuki
Level: 69
Guild: Synergy

you could always have AAS instead of just AS

11-25-2007   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealMagic
you could always have AAS instead of just AS
Well, the thing is with AAS and AS, I prefer to feel safe and get the enemy up into the air as quick as possible, like Siegs almost always start with S. Also, it is easier to shift using AS in the beginning =D.

So, my goal for this guide is to have it Stickied... my hopes are getting lower and lower

EDIT: Cmon please reply. Comments, recommendations, insults, whatever!

11-26-2007   #8 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

riceburner4540 is an unknown quantity at this point

AA shifts are not for beginners. It takes a lot of practice to be able to shift consistently with just AA hits. Most of Eir's combos revolve around AS or AAS as a starter, then AAAA repeated X number of times followed by dash AS and skill. Seriously, there's not that much you can do with her melee attacks but what is available to you can be used in a variety of ways which makes Eir so flexible. You can juggle someone in a circle around the room doing nothing but shifts and AAAA if you're good enough and I found out recently you can shift without any problems doing just AASAAAA as the starter.

I'm not about to give away all my secrets, but here's a few simple combos.

Stage Combos

AASAAAAA dash AS. Absolute basic Eir combo in my opinion. Almost everything can follow after this. Here are some suggestions.

Dodge - Best general use finisher. Will work in almost any situation, whether you end the combo at a wall or in a wide open area.

Sacred Wave - Best power finisher. Deals heavy damage at the end of a combo, usually around 1k total. Can be used after Dodge for even more power.

Moon Pieces - Best used on larger monsters (High Grade Spirits, Hyenas, Raptors, etc.) at a wall. Will work in wide open areas, but usually gets 1 hit less. Against large monsters, this is often as strong as (if not stronger than) Sacred Wave.

Holy Spirit - Best used near a wall (about a dash length away). Takes some practice, but if done correctly, Holy Spirit will send the monster into the wall and hit several more times, to a maximum of 7 hits. Not only will this deal heavy damage, you can follow up with other attacks and skills.

Shout + Tears - Best used in a wide open area. Takes a lot of practice to get this right and it'll work more often if used with AASAAAA dash AS than AASAAAAA dash AS. Tears will hit 3-6 times, giving you an opportunity to dash AS the suspended monster and finish off with another skill. You can, for example, do AASAAAA dash AS Shout, Tears, dash AS, Dodge, Sacred Wave.

Moon Bind - Best used with perceptive team mates. Deals decent damage and sets the monster up for finishers from your allies. Potentially the most devastating of the finishers. Watch what happens when something frozen in the air by this gets hit with D-Fist.

PvP Combos

The above generally does not work too well in PvP, as having skills as finishers drastically reduces their power. Therefore, PvP combos tend to be extremely short. The exception is if you're skilled at juggling without using skills.

AAS dash AS - Best launcher/starter for PvP, as it allows for the same skills to be used as above at almost full power. AAS is easier to land than AS (in my experience). Dodge, as always, is a good general use finisher. Holy Spirit can be used when you need a few extra seconds to do whatever you need to do, and is probably one of the stronger finishers you can use. Sacred Wave is another good one, though the power will be reduced drastically. Avoid using Moon Pieces entirely in any juggles. Moon Bind is a good skill to finish with for those who aren't accustomed to the skill. Chances are, they'll try to get up quickly and be hit by wave # 2.

SSA - Best underestimated move. It's extremely annoying (for your opponent) if you spam this, especially if your aim is good. Practice following up with attacks or skills after landing this so your opponent will fear this move even more. Some easy moves to land after SSA are Dodge and Holy Spirit.

2v2+ matches

Combos aren't just about juggles. Any series of hits that cannot be avoided once started can be considered a combo. In team matches, take advantage of hits your teammates land on opponents to follow up with your own devastating attacks or create opportunities for your teammates' hits to land. An example is if an ally is using Moon Pieces or Fire Orb, and the projectiles are tracking an opponent, you can stun them briefly with Sacred Wave so that they'll be hit by whatever was following them. Sacred Wave + direct hit by Moon Pieces = ruined day. You can also fire Pieces at opponents hit-stunned by a teammate's Ocean of Fire.

There's a LOT more stuff to figure out as an Eir, and most of it is pretty neat. It took me a while to discover these tricks and figuring them out is half the fun so just experiment with various attack and skill combinations (stuff that wasn't listed here) to see what works. You may be surprised.
"If someone asks you whether or not you're ticklish, it doesn't matter what you say, they're gonna touch you. If you don't wanna be touched, you gotta say something like, 'I have diarrhea. And yes, I'm very ticklish.'"

11-26-2007   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

AAS is better to use because u can run right after it unlike AS where u get frozen for a while which is deadly in pvp

11-26-2007   #10 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Eden EternalLuniaLeague of LegendsWorld of Warcraft
Awards MoM Award

m1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar
AAS is better to use because u can run right after it unlike AS where u get frozen for a while which is deadly in pvp
cough AS is dash cancelable cough. Come on Lunar, you know that

11-26-2007   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceburner4540
AA shifts are not for beginners. It takes a lot of practice to be able to shift consistently with just AA hits. Most of Eir's combos revolve around AS or AAS as a starter, then AAAA repeated X number of times followed by dash AS and skill. Seriously, there's not that much you can do with her melee attacks but what is available to you can be used in a variety of ways which makes Eir so flexible. You can juggle someone in a circle around the room doing nothing but shifts and AAAA if you're good enough and I found out recently you can shift without any problems doing just AASAAAA as the starter.

I'm not about to give away all my secrets, but here's a few simple combos.

Stage Combos

AASAAAAA dash AS. Absolute basic Eir combo in my opinion. Almost everything can follow after this. Here are some suggestions.

Dodge - Best general use finisher. Will work in almost any situation, whether you end the combo at a wall or in a wide open area.

Sacred Wave - Best power finisher. Deals heavy damage at the end of a combo, usually around 1k total. Can be used after Dodge for even more power.

Moon Pieces - Best used on larger monsters (High Grade Spirits, Hyenas, Raptors, etc.) at a wall. Will work in wide open areas, but usually gets 1 hit less. Against large monsters, this is often as strong as (if not stronger than) Sacred Wave.

Holy Spirit - Best used near a wall (about a dash length away). Takes some practice, but if done correctly, Holy Spirit will send the monster into the wall and hit several more times, to a maximum of 7 hits. Not only will this deal heavy damage, you can follow up with other attacks and skills.

Shout + Tears - Best used in a wide open area. Takes a lot of practice to get this right and it'll work more often if used with AASAAAA dash AS than AASAAAAA dash AS. Tears will hit 3-6 times, giving you an opportunity to dash AS the suspended monster and finish off with another skill. You can, for example, do AASAAAA dash AS Shout, Tears, dash AS, Dodge, Sacred Wave.

Moon Bind - Best used with perceptive team mates. Deals decent damage and sets the monster up for finishers from your allies. Potentially the most devastating of the finishers. Watch what happens when something frozen in the air by this gets hit with D-Fist.

PvP Combos

The above generally does not work too well in PvP, as having skills as finishers drastically reduces their power. Therefore, PvP combos tend to be extremely short. The exception is if you're skilled at juggling without using skills.

AAS dash AS - Best launcher/starter for PvP, as it allows for the same skills to be used as above at almost full power. AAS is easier to land than AS (in my experience). Dodge, as always, is a good general use finisher. Holy Spirit can be used when you need a few extra seconds to do whatever you need to do, and is probably one of the stronger finishers you can use. Sacred Wave is another good one, though the power will be reduced drastically. Avoid using Moon Pieces entirely in any juggles. Moon Bind is a good skill to finish with for those who aren't accustomed to the skill. Chances are, they'll try to get up quickly and be hit by wave # 2.

SSA - Best underestimated move. It's extremely annoying (for your opponent) if you spam this, especially if your aim is good. Practice following up with attacks or skills after landing this so your opponent will fear this move even more. Some easy moves to land after SSA are Dodge and Holy Spirit.

2v2+ matches

Combos aren't just about juggles. Any series of hits that cannot be avoided once started can be considered a combo. In team matches, take advantage of hits your teammates land on opponents to follow up with your own devastating attacks or create opportunities for your teammates' hits to land. An example is if an ally is using Moon Pieces or Fire Orb, and the projectiles are tracking an opponent, you can stun them briefly with Sacred Wave so that they'll be hit by whatever was following them. Sacred Wave + direct hit by Moon Pieces = ruined day. You can also fire Pieces at opponents hit-stunned by a teammate's Ocean of Fire.

There's a LOT more stuff to figure out as an Eir, and most of it is pretty neat. It took me a while to discover these tricks and figuring them out is half the fun so just experiment with various attack and skill combinations (stuff that wasn't listed here) to see what works. You may be surprised.
*sighs* Zomg YOU should write a guide! Send me some PMs and we can work on this together on the weekends!

12-06-2007   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Dewedi is on a distinguished road

Well this is one

(A-A-S)-(S-A)(Moon piece)
You should push it then you backstep and you lauch moon piece..

12-06-2007   #13 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

SA does nothing. I think you mean S Space. Even then, there's no way you can land Moonlight Piece before the enemy hits the ground. Even if you could, you would hit only once or twice, with no combo modifier. Simply casting Moonlight Piece would do far more damage.
"If someone asks you whether or not you're ticklish, it doesn't matter what you say, they're gonna touch you. If you don't wanna be touched, you gotta say something like, 'I have diarrhea. And yes, I'm very ticklish.'"

12-06-2007   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Yeah, moonlight is way more damaging than that combo...
More posts please?

12-06-2007   #15 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

itsmechrisa is on a distinguished road

ok... i did this combo on a scarecrow.. and i don't know how useful it is in stages, but here it is:

(standing right next to enemy) SSSA (knock up) AAAAA-dash-A-AAAAA-dash-AS-Holy Spirit

I got it to work a couple times... the timing of the dash-A is kinda tough.

12-06-2007   #16 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

Sounds like a fairly easy combo for people who can't shift/half dash. Otherwise, it's not particularly useful, as using SSSA requires a lot of time. Really, the general rule to Eir combos is AAS or AS to start, followed by (shift/half dash) AAAA (repeat as many times as you want using shifts/half dash). Then, when you want to finish the combo, use any number of As that suit your fancy, then dash AS, then a skill.

Example: AAS AAAA half dash AAAA shift AAAA shift AAAA dash AS Holy Spirit dash dash Tears dash AS Dodge, Sacred Wave.

Edit: It would help tremendously if your Holy Spirit knocks the opponent into a wall.

03-26-2009   #17 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

ScatterHeart is on a distinguished road
Class: Eir lu_eir

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmechrisa
ok... i did this combo on a scarecrow.. and i don't know how useful it is in stages, but here it is:

(standing right next to enemy) SSSA (knock up) AAAAA-dash-A-AAAAA-dash-AS-Holy Spirit

I got it to work a couple times... the timing of the dash-A is kinda tough.

o-o? wait wat.
with >>a aaaaa doesn't the enemy go too far? at least that's what happened to me when i was experimenting with it... I mean if its true that u can do that many A's after >>a, couldn't u infinite it? (down a very long corridor)

Last edited by ScatterHeart; 03-31-2009 at 01:37 AM.

03-26-2009   #18 (permalink)
~_~
Games
Dragon NestLuniaDungeon Fighter Online

Pathos has disabled reputation

When you use AS/SSA/SSSA, it gives you enough height to continue with AAAA-Dash-A-AAAA-Dash-AS-Holy Spirit. You can omit the "S" part in Eir's first dash attack in that combo.

I don't think that the combo itsmechrisa gave would work, unless you did SSSA-AAAAA-Dash AS-Holy Spirit. There's too much delay when you only use dash-A in order to continue the combo.

03-29-2009   #19 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Jak6590 is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Firekiller87
Class: Eir to_magician
Level: 76 2xRB
Guild: DashAttack
Xfire: Firekiller87

Dont forget slerpbind combo!
Its: Sleep >> moonbind align tears >>AS spirit chain/FMB >> sacred wave/dodge
Its a bit hard to pull off. You MUST cancel spirit as soon as it is used to land chain. Then cancel chain with skill and go from there.

Oh btw:
Healcancel is using a heal spell to cancel an attack i.e holy spirit.
You can use the first threr heal spells, selfheal, light, and sunlight to cancel, although most ppl use selfheal for mp conserv.
Spamming SSA is not going to annoy someone because it takes 2-3seconds to fire. Instead, it will get you killed.

In that combo, you should cancel Spirit with selfheal and cancel chain with sunlight.

And stop calling me a SHE! IM A HE

03-29-2009   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

windcurse is on a distinguished road

Sleep --> moon chain --> moonbind --> tears --> pieces --> moon fog

Wouldnt that be the best sleepbind combo? Only problem is the inevitable invince frames while moonchain is doing its damage.