Try 

Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-10-2007   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Kismet is on a distinguished road
Default Kismet's Eir Guide/Analysis

The guide is a bit messy and is incomplete as I have not reached a high enough level to really see the higher skills in action. The statements, opinions, and analysis provided in the guide are not in anyway 100% true and are based purely on observation. If anyone has suggestions/questions/comments feel free to PM me in-game or on the forum and I will do my best to reply/update.

1. Introduction
2. Combat Tips
3. Combos
4. Healing Tips
5. Stats Analysis
6. Skills Analysis
7. Sample Builds
8. Legal

Introduction:
Eir is currently the only female character available for play, later to be accompanied by Tia and Daisy. She is the only class that can heal other party members and has both decent melee and magic attack.

Melee (***1/2): Her attacks are quick and easy to combo. Most of her hits are dash-cancelable and her juggles are some of the simplest to execute. As of now, only Sieg has faster attacks and more melee range than her. One downfall is her dash double-attack as it pushes back rather than launches like Sieg and Dainn's. This, however, is useful for some juggles.

Spells (****): Obviously the best defensive spells in the game, with healing and sacrificing health for mana. Her offensive spells are also very good, some of which are even better than Dainn's. Most all of her spells have a short cast and do a fair bit of damage. Although her combos don't deal as much damage when compared to Sieg or Dainn, her combos are relatively easy to execute. The main downfall is that some of her spells have long cooldowns and require close quarters.

Combat Tips:
Dash Cancel - Simply dash right after an attack, or casting a spell, allowing for the downtime of an attack/spell to be ignored or shortened. This only works after certain attacks and skills.
Default Dodge - Eir comes with a default dodge ability that is not her spell. This ability is really a dodge, unlike her skill which is simply a dash forward. To execute this you press S then Space as Eir begins the motion for drawing the Pentagon. Doing this with no direction pressed down will make Eir dash backward, while doing this with any direction pressed down will cause her to dodge AWAY from the direction being pressed. This is an annoying maneuver to execute and isn't really worth the risk of making a mistake which would cause you to execute a ground attack.
Juggling - The longer you juggle, the more your damage is multiplied. It seems that your damage can be multiplied up to 4x but I am not positive. Regardless, I know for a fact that if you juggle long enough, your damage will be multiplied so juggle juggle juggle!
NOTE: I have heard that juggling in PVP actually REDUCES the damage you deal with the longer you juggle. I do not know the minimum damage percentage of this but it does seem most likely to be true, otherwise people would be dying left and right. Keep this in mind if you are a PVPer so you can weigh using a longer juggle where you hit many times for little damage or a shorter juggle with bigger hits. This may make shorter juggles more efficient in damage than your longer ones.
Infinite Juggle - One mob that you can infinitely juggle, with no effort at all, are (little) bears. Simply use AAS over and over in a chain and they will be juggled infinitely, multiplying your damage and leaving them harmless. This simple juggle also works on Sieg, but it doesn't work on Dainn.
Pentagon Light (PVP) - This attack may be somewhat slow but it is useful for pressuring your opponent when you have distance/time to use it. There are different degrees of Pentagon Light which can be executed by pressing S to begin drawing the Pentagon then pressing A to fire it. The type of beam you fire depends on how many corners of the Pentagon you draw.

Combos:
Eir has some pretty damaging combos for being a healer. I don't see many people using combos as Eir, or on any character for that matter. Using combos and not using combos makes a world of difference. You could literally kill monsters in 1/10 the time by using a combo instead of standard button/skill mashing.

For example, at level 28, I was able to kill a Top Elite Orc Warrior (Strong Axethrower) in just one combo. Combos are not too difficult to figure out. A bit of experimenting at the Training Grounds can net you some decent combos to use in PVE/PVP. There's also a bunch of different combos, not just a set few programmed in. You should try to find combos that suit you, that are relatively easy for you to execute. Call me stingy but I do not wish to share my longer combos because I feel that people should find their own combos rather than simply copying other people, but I will give some combos I have found.

3-hit combo: A, A, S <-- This combo is your best friend. Infinite combo on bears and fastest melee damage on boss-types.
8-hit combo: A, A, S, A, A, A, A, A
10-hit combo: A, A, S, A, A, A, A, A, dash, A, S

Moonlight Chain Combos:
WARNING: These are unreliable due to Moonlight Chain itself being inconsistent.
10-hit combo: A, S, Moonlight Chain
12-hit combo: A, S, Moonlight Chain, dash, A, S
13-hit combo: A, S, Moonlight Chain, dash, A, S, Dodge (skill)
13-hit combo: A, S, Moonlight Chain, Tears of Goddess
14-hit combo: A, S, Moonlight Chain, Full Moon Bullet, Tears of Goddess
16-hit combo: A, S, Moonlight Chain, Tears of Goddess, dash, A, S, Dodge (skill)
17-hit combo: A, S, Moonlight Chain, Full Moon Bullet, Tears of Goddess, dash, A, S, Dodge (skill)
10ish-hit combo: Holy Spirit, (delay), Moonlight Chain
14ish-hit combo: Holy Spirit, (delay), Moonlight Chain, FMB, Tears of Goddess
20ish-hit combo: Holy Spirit, (delay), Moonlight Chain, A, A, A, A, A, dash, A, S, Holy Shout, FMB, Dodge (wall only)

Dodge Combos:
These first couple are hard to pull off because you need to use Dodge INTO the enemy so you run through behind them.
6-hit combo: Dodge (skill), reverse direction, A, A, A, A, A
8-hit combo: Dodge (skill), reverse direction, A, A, A, A, A, dash, A, S
10-hit combo: Dodge(skill), reverse direction, A, A, A, A, A, dash, A, S, Holy Shout, FMB

4-hit combo: A, A, S, Dodge (skill)
6-hit combo: A, A, S, dash, A, S, Dodge (skill)
11-hit combo: A, A, S, A, A, A, A, A, dash, A, S, Dodge (skill)

Other Combos:
11-hit combo: A, A, S, A, A, A, A, A, dash, A, S, Holy Shout
12-hit combo: A, A, S, A, A, A, A, A, dash, A, S, Holy Shout, FMB
13-hit combo: A, A, S, A, A, A, A, A, dash, A, S, Holy Shout, FMB, Dodge (only works against a wall)

NOTE: 5-hit "A" juggle usually does not work in PVP, especially when carrying across the stage. It should work against the wall, though.
A, A, S, can be replaced by A, S if you want more air time. However, the juggles involving Moonlight Chain after A, S CANNOT be replaced with A, A, S due to lack of air time.
Moonlight Chain combos are much more reliable against a wall.

There are longer combos that I have found using some of the patterns in these combos. If you mix and match pieces of these combos, you may find the longest combo I use, that is reliable! I may add more sometime in the future. Feel free to contribute to the list if you have any combos you want to put up. I will give credit of course.

Healing Tips:
1. Do not wait till someone is nearly dead to heal them. It's better to keep someone topped off than to wait for a fully effective heal.
2. Don't assume people will stop for your heal. More often than not, people will continue with their fighting even if they are running low on health. To deal with this, sometimes it is best to stand next to them while they are fighting and just heal next to the enemy.
3. Those with Bead of Healing should not use it sparingly. It is a great way to keep people topped off without having to go into the fray yourself.
4. Heal as many people as you can with your heals at one time, including yourself. This means if you're at full health and you have lost some mana you can use Price of Sacrifice before healing to recover some mana.
5. Safety first. If you're healing someone, make sure you don't endanger yourself or heal in a dangerous spot because more often than not you and/or the people you're healing will want the heals and may not pay attention to incoming enemy attacks, which may hurt more than the damage you would heal.
6. Never go below your Light of Healing's mana cost in mana. Going lower than this may mean certain death for your teammates or yourself, as there may be times when you get hit below your Price of Sacrifice's health requirement, preventing you from regening mana.
7. Space out your heals. It is better to leave someone partially healed than to have all of your healing spells on cooldown because you wasted them all on getting one person to full health.
8. Healing is not always the best option. Sometimes it is better to knock down the enemies that threaten you or your teammates to free them from being surrounded or to provide yourself an opening to use a heal.
9. Avoid going to 0 health without mana because you cannot regain mana/use pots/eat apples at 0 health.
10. It is possible to save someone from death when they're lying on the ground with 0 health, as long as they do not become a ghost, by healing them. This means that when a person "dies" they have about 5 seconds to be saved by a healer before they automatically become a ghost. To not become a ghost, simply do not push anything when you die.

Stats Analysis:
Personal order of preference.
VIT (PVP) - You need health for PVP, no questions asked. If you've ever played World of Warcraft Arenas then you'd probably know just how important having health is.
STR - Since INT doesn't affect skill damage/healing yet, it would be best to get STR for the extra melee damage. However, there are rumors that the stats don't add to skill damages but instead make it more likely to receive the top-end damage of the skills.
VIT (PVE) - Not as necessary as in PVP. This is more necessary than INT in my opinion because you can always just regain your mana with Price of Sacrifice.
INT - More mana is always good. Allows you to go longer without having to recover mana. Also supposedly gives you higher end damage on your spells.
DEX - Supposedly doesn't reduce cooldowns yet, atleast not very noticably. This does, however, give you more "Dodge" which supposedly reduces damage you receive by the listed percentage. This is listed as Damage Drop in the character status page.

Skills Analysis:

Heal - A self-heal that takes 3 seconds to cast.
PVE (***1/2): The main use of this skill is to have it at Level 1 and keep it in reserve for times when you have 0 health and not enough mana to use another heal spell. It's a backup to re-enable your mana recovery. Suggested = 1/7
PVP (*): Just about useless. If someone is stupid enough to leave you alone for a long 3 seconds then you may be able to use this, but the fact that it leaves you vulnerable for 3 seconds makes it a bad choice for PVP. Can be used for the same reason as above but you most likely would never have the time. Suggested = 0/7

Light of Healing - A small area heal over three ticks.
PVE (*****): The primary heal spell for PVE as it heals a large amount and to the people around you as well. The radius is small and people would need to be close, but it heals a lot and is cancelable. Suggested = 10/10
PVP (****): Primary healing spell for PVP as it is cancelable for when someone starts charging at you. Suggested = 7/10 (Having it too high would cost too much mana)

Bead of Healing - Fires slow, tracking healing projectiles to teammates.
PVE (****): A great heal for when other heals are on cooldown and to heal people at a distance so you can stay away from harm. Downside is it the slow speed of the projectiles, heals a rather small amount, and sometimes they don't go for who you want them to go for. A pretty cheap heal. Suggested = 9/9
PVP 1:1 (0): Absolutely useless in 1v1 since you would have to dash into the beads to receive healing, making for a predictable path for your opponent to intercept you. Suggested = 0/9
PVP Team (***1/2): A good spell to throw out when you have time just for the extra heals on your teammates. The main downside are still the same as above but regardless, the extra healing is useful. As long as your teammates know how to take the Beads while not running into an enemy attack, this spell can be very useful in Team PVP. Suggested = 6/9

Sunlight of Healing - A quick, large area heal for minor health.
PVE (*****): Excellent life saver for when people are knocked on the ground with 0 health. A decent heal otherwise that covers a large area so you won't miss your teammates as much as with Light of Healing. Main downside is the low health recovered from the heal. I primarily use this as a way to save people from death. Suggested = 1-10/10
PVP (***1/2): Just about the only other heal I would use in PVP since it is quick and covers a large area. It's not quite as safe as Light of Healing but it would be better for catching your teammates who are on the run for a little boost in health or to use on yourself when your Light of Healing is down or you don't have enough mana for Light of Healing. I primarily use this as a way to save people from death. Suggested = 1-7/10 (Same as Light of Healing)

Prayer of Healing - A slow, large area heal over time. Long range but slow healing.
PVE (****): Very good range for healing and heals a lot of health but over time. Very useful if you can remain out of danger and don't need to move. Main downsides are the slow healing, the initial health requirement, not dash-cancelable (cancelable by some spells - Jellotime), and long cooldown. Suggested = 1-6/6
PVP (0): No, just no. The opponent would have to be really stupid to let you use this safely, and using it in PVP is just asking to get juggled. It has a slow start up time and can only be canceled by using another spell. I highly doubt you would have the time to use this effectively in PVP; not to mention it takes some of your health initially. Suggested = 0/6

Antidote - Cures poisons.
PVE (*): Some people would prefer to cure the poisons. I would rather just eat the poisons and heal through them. A waste of points in my opinion. As of now it's not that great, but it may prove more useful in later episodes and raid stages. Suggested = 0-1/4
PVP (?): Depends on how effective Tia's poisons are. As of Global Open Beta release, completely useless. Suggested = 0/0

Emergency Heal - A quick heal but long cooldown.
PVE (***1/2): It's quick and heals a large area but it has a long 60 second cooldown. It also doesn't heal you very much since it takes some of your health initially. Only really useful in a pinch, such as to save someone from death on the ground if you can't reach them with another spell. It's good to have one point in this for a backup. Suggested = 1/8
PVP Team (**1/2): In team PVP it may be of some use because of the large range it covers and the quick cast time. It can save one of your teammates from death, but that's about it since it hardly even heals yourself. Careful of the long cooldown, definitely only good for a desperate situation. Suggested = 1/8
PVP 1:1 (0): A waste of points for duelists. It hardly heals you since it takes most of the health you would gain. Long cooldown with a mana cost for very very little health. A definite no. Suggested = 0/8

Resurrection - Revives a fallen player. (Not tested)
PVE (****): Must have for when people run out of lives. I wouldn't place more than one point into this one because you can just res then heal. Neogeek brought to my attention that the reagents are rare and disappear after leaving the stage they are found in. Suggested = 1/4
PVP (0): Thanks to Neogeek, I learned that Ressurection requires a reagent that disappears after the stage, making this skill absolutely useless in PVP since you would never find the reagent in an arena. Suggested = 0/4

Moonlight Pieces - Fires out homing projectiles at enemies.
PVE (***): A primary damage spell that lets you stay away from harm. Sadly it doesn't juggle well and doesn't deal area damage. For pure Support Builds, I wouldn't get more than one into this skill because the damage becomes negligible in late game PVE. Suggested = 1-10/10
PVP (****): A great pressure tool to limit people's options of movement. If you manage to nail someone with this, they will lose a large chunk of health because it hits on average about 8 times with a good hit. Suggested = 5-10/10

Full Moon Bullet - Fires a short-ranged projectile that knocks down enemies.
PVE (***): A rather long cooldown but a good spell to escape from being surrounded. Also useful for juggles. Suggested = 1-10/10
PVP (****): Never hurts to have another skill to knock someone down. Usable in juggles and deals some decent damage. Main downside is the long cooldown and the short range. Suggested = 10/10 for 1:1, Suggested = 1-10/10 for Team PVP

Moon Barrier - Creates a barrier that deflects incoming missiles. Also blocks passage for players only. Thanks to Srannatty for this information!
PVE (****): This skill can really make life easier for many stages, such as 3-2 and 3-4. At level 3 it has about a 20 second duration with a cooldown of 35 seconds, allowing you to have it active for roughly half of the cooldown time. Suggested = 3/3
PVP (***1/2): A great skill to buy yourself time and to protect yourself from Dainns. The barrier absorbs most of Dainn's ranged attack spells and it also obstructs people's path. I have some other uses for this in mind for PVP...but I have yet to test them out. Suggested = 3/3

Moonlight Chain - Fires a series of projectiles in a straight line. It WILL spray in multiple directions if more than one enemy is in front of you.
PVE (**): This skill hardly deals that much damage when compared to Moonlight Pieces. This spell is also not cancelable with dash, but it is cancelable with some spells. The main benefit of this in PVE is that it deals minor area damage so if your group is mobbing you can use this to help with the mob and lock the enemies in place, also preventing them from attacking due to the constant blows from this skill. It is also usable in some juggles, but there are better, safer, juggles that you can use. Suggested = 1/8
PVP (**1/2): I wasn't entirely sure on what rating to give this skill for PVP because it has different worth in 1v1 than in team battles. I decided to rate it as I did for the sake of 1v1 PVP because there is a very simple juggle you can do with this, that deals decent damage for its simplicity, if your skills for your main juggle are on cooldown. I have added the simple juggle to the combos section for those who want an easy combo to use with this skill. There are also more complicated ones I have found but they are unreliable due to the odd nature of this spell and how it tends to push people a little to one side rather than straight in the direction you're facing. This spell leaves you rather vulnerable in PVP if you miss or use it in team battles. The only way to counter the vulnerability is to use another spell to cancel it. It's worth having for backup, but I would use it sparingly and wouldn't get more than one point into it due to its rather low damage. Suggested = 1/8

Moon Bind - Fires multiple projectiles in different directions, rooting enemies that are hit temporarily.
PVE/PVP (?): Haven't been able to get this yet but from what I've seen from PVP videos is that it fires multiple projectiles that root enemies to the ground. Very useful to set someone up for a beating if it hits.

Moon Fog - Deals a lot of AoE damage and snares enemies hit by this. (Again, thanks Srannatty)
PVE (****): Deals tons of area damage. Very useful for mobs and bosses. Suggested = 1/8
PVP (?): I was unable to test this out in PVP but it looks like it could be good for limiting people's options for where to move, but don't take my word for it. Suggested = 1/8

Judgement of God - (?)

Holy Shout - Pushes back enemies in-front of you.
PVE (***): Good for helping mob enemies and is also useful as an extra hit for a juggle. Suggested = 1/3
PVP (***): Usable in a juggle and is somewhat quick. Can really throw someone off if you push them with this. Suggested = 1/3

Dodge - Dashes forward leaving a small mine which explodes on enemy contact.
PVE (***): Easily used as a finisher in a juggle which ends up dealing a decent amount of damage. An excellent skill for hybrid/combat healers. Suggested = 1-9/9
PVP (***): Same as above. Can sometimes trick someone into walking into this but the effective area is small. Suggested = 1-9/9 for 1:1, Suggested = 1/9 for Team PVP

Light of Purification - Cures status effects that are not poison.
PVE (*): I never found a use for dispelling things, but some may find it useful. Suggested = 0-1/4
PVP (0): What is there to dispel with this in PVP that is worth the time and mana? Suggested = 0/4

Price of Sacrifice - Sacrifice health for mana.
PVE (*****): Absolutely necessary as it allows you to spam heals and never run out of mana. Suggested = 5-7/7
PVP (**1/2): Good to have as a backup for recovering mana when you have a breather. However, it leaves you vulnerable for about 2 seconds and sucks your health. Suggested = 4-6/7 (Having it too high makes it take too much health)

Tears of Goddess - Calls down 3 moon shards 1/3 of the screen away from the character.
PVE (***1/2): A useful skill to knock down mobbed enemies at a distance. Useful for when the group is abusing the stupid AI for extra damage by shooting over walls. Also usable in juggles, which will end up making this skill deal a lot of damage due to the multiplicative effect. Suggested = 1/9
PVP (***1/2): Fairly useful but takes a lot of aiming and prediction to use. It's excellent for knocking down runners at a distance, such as when someone has 0 hp and is trying to escape. Tears can also be used effectively in juggles but will end up dealing less damage than in PVE due to juggle damage reduction in PVP. Suggested = 1/9

Holy Spirit - Launches a slow, wide ball of light that juggles and knocks down enemies that touch it.
PVE (***1/2): Good for knocking down mobs when someone is surrounded and it helps with juggles at times. Also another source of damage. Suggested = 1/8
PVP (**1/2): Another knockdown skill, but really short range and hard to hit someone with. It's really meaty though and the output of the attack happens almost instantly so even if you get hit right after using it you will usually still get this spell off. Suggested = 1/8

Sacred Wave - An absolutely wonderful skill for Eir. It has a large area of effect and hits about 3 times for pretty heavy damage. The cast time is short and it protects you well. (Thank you again Srannatty)
PVE (****1/2): Definitely get one into this for helping fight mobs and to protect people. Suggested = 1/6
PVP (****): Excellent skill that can be used in a tight situation, or in combos. Definitely get this skill, if not maybe even master it for the damage. Suggested = 1-6/6

Mana Recovery - Regenerates X mana every second.
PVE (****): A very useful skill that allows you to recover enough mana to heal yourself back up for Price of Sacrifice if you were to fall low in mana and health. While it probably isn't necessary to master this, no healer should go without some points into it. Suggested = 4-8/8
PVP (*****): Very necessary in PVP matches because people probably won't let you breathe. Using Price of Sacrifice in PVP will leave you vulnerable while with this you can buy time and regen mana. Suggested = 8/8

Concentrate - Reduces mana cost by a certain %(?).
I also heard that concentrate has a % chance to reduce your mana consumption in half. - JelloTime

PVE (*): Again, mana has never really been a problem to me, and it shouldn't really be if you make good use of Price of Sacrifice. Due to the low percentage of this skill, even if it does reduce the mana cost of spells by 50% for that percentage chance, it is unreliable and the points would better be spent elsewhere. Suggested = 0/5
PVP (*1/2): Same as above. An extra 1/2 rating because mana is much more valuable and hard to come by in PVP. Still not worth investing points into though, for me. Suggested = 0/5

Mana Increase - Increases total Mana.
PVE (*1/2): Having a larger mana pool is nice but it's not very useful since you can just use Sacrifice. I've never really had a mana issue in PVE so getting this skill is a waste to me. Suggested = 0/8
PVP (**1/2): While having a larger mana pool is much more useful in PVP, due to the fact that you can't really use Price of Sacrifice, it still doesn't really seem worth the points to me to invest in this. This is a decent investment though if you have extra points to spend. Suggested = 0/8

Deadly Magic Blow - Gives a % chance to critical with spells.
PVE (*): 1% per level? Come on... Suggested = 0/7
PVP (*1/2): See above. Extra 1/2 for the "burst" effect it can produce, but still very unreliable. I would much rather increase a skill's damage. Suggested = 0/7

Increase Health - Increases total Health.
PVE (***): I never had much problems with my health in PVE but it is still useful for providing a little more room for mistake. Suggested = 0/4
PVP (*****): More health is always better. It can make the difference between life and death. Having 4 into this skill is effectively giving yourself 750 more health overall, assuming you don't even heal. Suggested = 4/4

Sample Builds:
WARNING: These builds are a bit out of date and match my old impressions of the skills. I will update these at a later time.
When building your character it is best to decide on what aspect of the game you want to focus on. It is possible to do hybrid builds which would allow you

to be very effective in PVE while also enabling you to still PVP effectively. The main thing to keep in mind is what skills you are willing to sacrifice for

other skills, and what skills don't necessarily need to be maxed out. Also, from my understanding, only one Blessing may be active at a time from a person so

it would be best to just invest in one.

PVP Build:
7 Light of Healing
7 Sunlight Healing

10 Moonlight Pieces
9 Fullmoon Bullet
1 Moonlight Chain
4 Moon Bind

1 Holy Shout
4 Price of Sacrifice
1 Tears of Goddess
1 Dodge
1 Holy Spirit
1 Sacred Wave

8 Mana Recovery
4 Increase Health

59/80 skills used at 65
The rest of the points would either go into Moonlight Chain, Dodge, or Emergency Heal. A Bless may be good to invest in if you don't mind burning the reagents.

PVE Build:
10 Light of Healing
9 Bead of Healing
10 Sunlight of Healing
8 Emergency Heal
1 Ressurection

10 Moonlight Pieces
1 Fullmoon Bullet
1 Moonlight Chain

1 Holy Shout
7 Price of Sacrifice
1 Tears of Goddess
1 Dodge
1 Holy Spirit
1 Sacred Wave

62/80 skills used at 65
The rest of the points would go either go into Prayer of Healing, Judgement of God, 1 Light Purification/Antidote, Increase Mana, etc. A Bless may be good to invest in if you don't mind burning the reagents.

Hybrid Build:
10 Light of Healing
9 Bead of Healing
10 Sunlight of Healing
8 Emergency Heal
1 Ressurection

10 Moonlight Pieces
1 Fullmoon Bullet
1 Moonlight Chain
4 Moon Bind

1 Holy Shout
4 Price of Sacrifice
1 Tears of Goddess
1 Dodge
1 Holy Spirit
1 Sacred Wave

8 Mana Recovery
4 Increase Health

75/80 skills used at 65
The rest of the points would go either go into Full Moon Bullet, Dodge, Judgement of God, 1 Light Purification/Antidote, Increase Mana, etc. A Bless may be good to invest in if you don't mind burning the reagents.

Legal:
This guide is for your personal use only and is not to be used for commercial purposes. This guide is not to be duplicated without my permission. The information within this guide is in no way guaranteed to be accurate and is nothing but my own opinions and views.

I hope this guide may be of some use to some of you. Feel free to contact me in-game or on the forums if you have any questions/comments. I shall see some of you on Lunia. Happy Healing!

8/10/07: Updated Prayer of Healing, Concentrate, and Ressurection.
8/11/07: Updated Emergency Heal, Moonlight Chain, 2 new Combos, and PVP Juggling (in Combat Tips).
8/12/07: Updated some ratings on skills.
8/14/07: Bumped up Mana Recovery rating a bit and clarified that I do not deny its usefulness, I just don't find it 100% necessary! Also added many new combos for those who want to play around with some more.
8/15/07: More combos! :O
8/18/07: Updated Moon Barrier and Moon Fog.
8/20/07: Revised many skills and their ratings to more up-to-date opinions.

Tias, try and get creative with my Tia Combo Creation Guide!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-10-2007   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

neogeek is on a distinguished road

Resurrection would be nice to have on hand if you can spare the skill point, but keep in mind the severe limitation on reagent availability. Jewels of Life (the required reagent) are only found on certain stages, and will disappear from you inventory as soon as you leave that stage.

So the number of extra lives available through resurrection are completely dependent upon the number of Jewels provided to you in the current stageóno saving up allowed.

So far I've only noticed two Jewels at the beginning of 2-5 Legend. Anyone know of any more elsewhere? One or two extra lives per stage would make Resurrection indispensable, but not so much if the reagent is nearly nonexistent.

edit:
Ah, and very nice guide by the way, nice rundown of the skills. ^^

08-10-2007   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

JelloTime is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to JelloTime

Very nice guide.

Prayer of Healing is great for people who get knocked down on the ground with 0 hp since it gives them 9 blasts of healing. (9 second breathing room) This spell can be cancelled with other spells besides sacrifice. Very useable in any situtaion if you plan your spot.

If moon fog is anything like the ones used by the purple mushrooms in stage 1-7 (legend), then this spell will be very effective.

I also heard that concentrate has a % chance to reduce your mana consumption in half.

Last thing is that emergency heal is probably used for saving people on the ground with 0 hp.

08-10-2007   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Thank you for the feedback.

Neogeek - I never knew that, thank you for the info on Ressurection. I simply assumed it was like other reagents where you could mass them but if they disappear after leaving the stage then that would completely change some things. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

JelloTime - Good to hear Prayer of Healing is cancelable by other spells. I have only really tried to cancel it with Price of Sacrifice and Dashing since I only ever had to use it when I was healing a lot or after battle. This would make it much more versatile and less of a risk since you can use something such as Holy Shout or Dodge to cancel out of it if it works.

If Concentrate has a % chance to reduce consumption by half then it may be of use, but I would still personally not get it since the percentage is rather low and unreliable. I could see why people would get it though.

With respect to Emergency Heal, yes that is also what I believe it is for as it is a nearly instant heal with a large area. I left this unevaluated because I wasn't positive on how to read the tooltip to determine whether or not it can be used to actually heal yourself as well or not. In addition, Sunlight of Healing has appeared sufficient for me to save people on the ground, but having Emergency Heal around would be great as well in case Sunlight is on cooldown or if it heals more than I believe it does.

08-11-2007   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Srannatty is on a distinguished road

the bead of healing is both good at stages and PVPs.
You must master them unless you are an combat healer
Dual healer and pure healer at masters, combat is about master -2or -3
also mana recovery is neccessary for PVE, you must learn at least 4.
If you go to the legend episode 3 you easily run out of mana if you don't have it.

08-11-2007   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

I agree that Bead of Healing is pretty good if you really learn how to use it, but it still only heals one target for minor health IF the Beads manage to hit them, and you cannot heal yourself with it unless you dash into it. It won't save someone who's at 0 HP on the ground because the person has to be standing to receive the Beads. Also the Beads move slowly and people often have to make an effort to take the Beads (especially PVP). But yes, I won't argue that some healers using the Bead of Healing in PVP have annoyed me a lot with the healing they output. It's more for a support PVP build than an offensive one which I prefer. I like to smash face

As for Mana Recovery, the reason I consider it nearly useless for PVE is because if you look at the numbers, it really isn't enough to make that much of a difference in PVE. Price of Sacrifice is more than enough to recover your mana to keep your teammates alive. The main problem usually for me is having my skills on cooldowns because I only have two heals. Anyway...let's look at the numbers.

Assuming Mana Recovery regenerates X mana every half second, it would thus regenerate 2x every second. So if you had, say 4, into Mana Recovery, you would be regaining 8 mana per second. Now in Legend Episode 3, let's say you're level 40, which is much lower than the recommended level by the game's standards, and you're using Light of Healing as your primary healing spell. This spell, maxed out at level 40 which is Level 6, would cost 251 mana. To recover 251 mana purely from Level 4 Mana Recovery would take 32 seconds, while Price of Sacrifice Level 4 would recover 479 mana every 15 seconds (cooldown).

Now I understand that Mana Recovery is more mana on top of Price of Sacrifice and it does add up, but if you're building a character purely for PVE you should still invest in some combat skills to help the group deal damage when you're not healing, as well as in skills that help minimize damage people would receive (ie. getting knockdown/pushback/area damage skills). Not only that, but I would hope you run with people who don't take so much damage as you would consistently run out of mana, because if you do I would suggest trying to find people who don't . If the people always do get hurt so much that you run out of mana then sure, Mana Recovery may be necessary, as well as Increase Mana, but just in general it shouldn't be necessary for PVE. PVE is so easily controlled and so much room for breathing is given that you can usually use Price of Sacrifice whenever it's up if necessary, which should be more than enough mana.

These are, of course, my opinions and people may disagree. To each their own playstyle and their own builds.

08-12-2007   #7 (permalink)
The REAL Ayumi from MyLunia
Awards Retired Forum Operations Staff

Ayumi has disabled reputation

Very nice guide :3 Although I personally like Dodge should be higher.

08-12-2007   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Ayumi - I have mix feelings about my rating for Dodge because the more I play with it the more I see its benefit in PVE and the less I see it in PVP. When you use Dodge in your combos it's the last hit in the combo meaning that in PVP it will be reduced damage (I believe about 25% of its original damage) meaning that even though it gains about 30 damage per skill upgrade, it would only deal about 8 more damage in your juggles for PVP. To spend 8 skill points for 64 damage at the end of a combo is a bit of a decision to make. However, if you managed to hit someone with it outside of a combo it would deal a lovely 220-300ish damage which is very nice.

In PVE it deals a ton of damage and I love it for that. PVE Combat Healers should definitely get this skill because it is a combo finisher which multiplies the damage 4xish.

I should probably make separate ratings for 1:1 PVP and team PVP and make builds respectively. I feel Dodge should have a higher rating for 1:1 PVP because you would have the points to spend in Dodge while in team PVP you may want to relocate those points into more supportive skills. Perhaps that will be next on my list. I'll try to get around to it later today.

08-14-2007   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Well, it may be feel like bead and mana recovery isn't useful, but you can heal more then 1. I know how to heal many people, doesn't matter how many. Also, I know how to heal myself with bead. I also know how to heal people who are on ground. Mana recovery is really needed, you think it's small number, but 9 increase per second if you master(8). If you don't the mana increases 1 per second. I felt great difference when I first learned 5. Some healers say that they don't need to use price of sacrifice often, because their recovery is amazingly fast. 9 per second means you recover 270 mana per 30second. It's real big difference.

PS. I will think later about how to use bead efficiently.... I think it is too early for US people to know .

08-14-2007   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

tsukiyako is on a distinguished road

Wow, amazing guide Kismet! I see a lot of the thinking that gone into this.
Ehh, I'm not sure, but I can't seem to heal myself with Beads... maybe I'm just slow or something. xD
As for Dodge, I'm not really sure. I've never gotten it, but it seems a bit useless to be for PvP. I don't usually PvP in any MMO, but I guess if I ever get bored, it would be fun.
@Srannatty- I'm JEALOUS. xD! You know to much. ._.

08-14-2007   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Srannatty - Mana Recovery really a lot of mana per second, I don't deny that. And many people would definitely find it useful. It is true that it would reduce the amount of times you would have to use Price of Sacrifice and it would allow you to be more mobile without having to worry about your mana as much.

I have a question about healing yourself with Beads. I've been playing around with it for awhile now and I have found no better way to heal myself with it than to cast then dash into it. It takes a bit of distance and would likely not be a good idea in an intense battle so I was wondering if there was some way to cancel the cast animation after the beads have been fired out so you can quickly dash into them without having to dash twice. Or is there maybe another way to heal yourself with them?

Also, I found it useful to use Beads just about as often as possible. Just fire it into someone who may even be in danger of getting hurt, even if they are not. This way if they get hurt doing the travel time, they will receive the Beads right away and get healed. The mana cost on Beads is so low that it can be used pretty frequently without draining your mana pool. Of course, only do this if you have the time/mana to spare for it.

Also Beads should be used every chance you get since it is the lowest cooldown healing spell and is very safe for the healer. If someone is slightly hurt, just shoot Beads at them. Fire them into the battle while you stand away from it. This keeps you from getting hurt which would overall make it so you would need to heal less. If someone has a better way to use Beads I would like to know, but for now this seems to work for me at least.

Tsukiyako - Dodge isn't really good in PvP if you just lay it around because people will rarely walk over it. It's pretty easy to tell when someone uses it because it makes a noise when you use the skill and you see Eir gesture toward the ground behind her. I found that Dodge is better used in your combos for extra damage, or to be used for limiting people's options of where they can move, rather than trying to actually hit someone with it. It's probably not the best skill to max out, but it is definitely worth having one point into it.

08-14-2007   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Hmm, I would love to show you how to do that, but I think it is little to early for everyone to know how to do it . If I go to global, I will show you how to do it. Or Can you come to lunia Korean site? I think that would be good . I tried to upload a video, but,... it's about 4G...... Can't upload T^T...

08-14-2007   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

4gb?! That's an awfully long video. Also try converting it into MPEG format to lower the size by a lot. And...as for the KLunia site, it has videos to show how to do it? If so then I should go take a look . I'll spend my time trying to figure it out...but how about at least giving us a small hint of how to do it?

08-14-2007   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Hmm, it's not a video, it's screenshot '-'. Not many would no this one..... I learned it my self to heal myself.....

08-14-2007   #15 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

A screenshot...that's really hard to find I would assume in an archive of screenshots lol. I'll see if I can figure it out

08-18-2007   #16 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Had quite a few updates within the last 5 or so days. More Combos and some information updated on skills. For a list of what had been updated, check the update log at the bottom of the guide post.

08-18-2007   #17 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

chewy is on a distinguished road

kismet i think tears of goddess could use a higher suggestion rating. If you combo it with holy spirit you can get 9 hits air juggling hits netting 90 damage on the last tear crystal at just lvl 2. I think its a great combat spell and could use a higher rating.

08-18-2007   #18 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Hah wow I looked back at it and didn't realize it was so low. Yes, after playing around with it for awhile I am able to find a way to use it toward the end of 20ish hit combos which makes it deal a lot of damage. It's definitely a skill worth getting 1 into. I have raised its ratings a little bit.

08-18-2007   #19 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

chewy is on a distinguished road

hey kismet can i ask for a more thorough explaination of moonlit chain and its low rating? I'm nearing lvl 30 and I've decided not to get moonlight bind and I'm wondering about chain. Looking at the skill and its stats it looks really good on paper. It says 8 shots at 24-35. assuming an average of 30 damager per shot this would net 240 damage. Even if it homes toward different targets your total damage output is still extremely high so why do you and sran rate it fairly low? Also considering in boss fights theres only one target won't this deal killer damage to them? Considering how its possible to juggle with it in your guides it seems like a real winner so why so low?

08-19-2007   #20 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Moonlight Chain leaves you very vulnerable and the only way to cancel it is with a skill. The startup time is rather slow so it only combos after a few things like A, S and Holy Spirit. The range is also pretty short and when juggling with it it is really unreliable because sometimes not every moonlight hits and it can carry your target in a strange direction. The AoE is also small and the mana cost is fairly high for its effectiveness. On bosses you would have to be close to use it since it has short range and the damage output isn't very high for the risk/mana it takes.

Some people may rate it higher and find it deserves a higher rank, but I still consider it very low in importance from my experiences with it.