ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Eden Eternal Questions & Answers (http://ggftw.com/forum/eden-eternal-questions-answers/)
-   -   Banned? (http://ggftw.com/forum/eden-eternal-questions-answers/98372-banned.html)

moffit 06-26-2011 06:16 PM

Banned?

Has anyone else tried the Free Loot box only to be banned? That's seriously the only thing I can think of, is that the cash shop is bugged and thinks I owe AP for what the box gave me.

Esper 06-26-2011 06:21 PM

I've tried it twice and haven't been banned from it. :x

moffit 06-26-2011 06:25 PM

I sent in an appeal. I don't like how they give you a number to track it, but since your account is banned you can't access the page.

I've also discovered that the email notif they sent me about it was in my spam folder, when it should have been white-listed already. The initial ban notif was in there too, and apparently it was a language violation? So now I'm wondering what the hell did I say. @_@?

They better not tell me it's because of my IGN "PantyShot". Either way, I have a lovely 3-day ban. 8|

Yuki 06-26-2011 06:28 PM

Well if that's the reason, then it's not because of the Free loot box then?

Maybe it is because of your IGN, lol. At least it was only 3 days, I thought you were like permabanned.

Esper 06-26-2011 06:29 PM

That seems retarded if it was your name. They should have sent you an email regarding it and a possible name change if it was inappropriate...

moffit 06-26-2011 06:29 PM

Yeah. I posted here before thinking to look. The first thing to come to mind was.. I think Gin? Someone mentioning they got banned for trying to charge AP on their account.

Seru 06-26-2011 06:35 PM

Like yuki said, at least its only for 3 days. Though surprised they banned you over just some panties(assuming you were banned for your ign).

And about Gin, I think they locked her account for a few hours when she requested the bonus AP from one of Aeria's events but they gave her the points once they unlocked it.

Yuki 06-26-2011 06:41 PM

I wonder if it'll be like Ntreev, when they would like change all of the offensive IGN to Trickster1234567 thing. LOL.

moffit 06-26-2011 06:59 PM

Oh god no. Anyway, I've played just fine on other games with the same IGN. :|a

Yuki 06-26-2011 07:05 PM

Maybe they're just more strict.

Advenna 06-26-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moffit (Post 1558137)
Yeah. I posted here before thinking to look. The first thing to come to mind was.. I think Gin? Someone mentioning they got banned for trying to charge AP on their account.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seru (Post 1558140)
And about Gin, I think they locked her account for a few hours when she requested the bonus AP from one of Aeria's events but they gave her the points once they unlocked it.

What Debbie said. They needed to "verify" my account and suspended it, so I had to send a support ticket. Once they checked and verified that it was a legit account, they unsuspended it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuki (Post 1558172)
Maybe they're just more strict.

Then again, this IS a game where people are supposedly banned for using caps lock in world chat...

moffit 06-27-2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Hello moffit,

Our records show that this account has been placed on a temporary ban
due an inappropriate name. We have a method of changing character names
but will take action against any offensive names. When the ban expires
you will be able to continue playing with the new name we provided for you.

We ask players to watch their behavior to avoid such incidents.

Thank You,

The Grand Fantasia Team
fhjdsalkshf /headdesk.

Esper 06-27-2011 02:51 PM

So I'm guessing some idiotic player found it offensive, reported it, and now this happens.

It's pretty stupid that they aren't allowing you to choose your own name...if they renamed you into something stupid, you might have to restart to have your own name.

moffit 06-27-2011 02:55 PM

I don't want to have to pay to rename, either. Chances are any names I DO want are taken, too. Now I'm wondering if I can even use my other favorite, or would I have to ask them first? Geez.

Advenna 06-27-2011 09:14 PM

Wow. Being temp-banned for your IGN and then using one THEY provide you with is epic fail.

moffit 06-27-2011 09:19 PM

I replied to the ticket response with what I'd like to switch to, but I don't have much hope for it working that way. :c

Esper 06-27-2011 09:40 PM

As of right now, your in-game name is Player900. .__.

moffit 06-27-2011 09:42 PM

Oh geez. YUP time to start over and grump about equips being bound.

Esper 06-27-2011 09:46 PM

I'm not sure if they read your email yet. They could have changed it during maintenance without reading yet. :x

moffit 06-27-2011 09:49 PM

Probably. I didn't even see anything for name changing in the item mall, so no temptation there. Luckily I didn't buy extra storage or whatever.