ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Eden Eternal General Chat (http://ggftw.com/forum/eden-eternal-general-chat/)
-   -   Hows everyone like the game so far? (http://ggftw.com/forum/eden-eternal-general-chat/97189-hows-everyone-like-game-so-far.html)

Theosis 06-02-2011 12:34 PM

Hows everyone like the game so far?

Bout 24 hours since they opened the servers now.

I'm actually enjoying it, kind of surprised considering I was just expecting to play this to kill some time, but I might actually play it now.

Level 33, almost 34 and 31 thief

Tea 06-02-2011 03:26 PM

I love that there is quests, n lots of it for beginners. I'm hoping later down the line they will continue to have repeatable quests etc.

Clicking 'go' on your quest.. makes you autorun to the destination where the monster is suppose to be and you don't run into walls or long round-a-bout routes either. Makes life much easier.

Getting used to the skill menus and the certificates and knowledge skill tree too. Overall i think its look really good so far. I just wish i had more bag space to carry half this crap.. loot keeps on flooding me :{ not enough space to house it all..

mikecxz 06-02-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tea (Post 1543318)
I love that there is quests, n lots of it for beginners. I'm hoping later down the line they will continue to have repeatable quests etc.

Clicking 'go' on your quest.. makes you autorun to the destination where the monster is suppose to be and you don't run into walls or long round-a-bout routes either. Makes life much easier.

Getting used to the skill menus and the certificates and knowledge skill tree too. Overall i think its look really good so far. I just wish i had more bag space to carry half this crap.. loot keeps on flooding me :{ not enough space to house it all..

buy the +5 bags? they're giving out free test AP every day.

Tea 06-02-2011 03:37 PM

o snap really?.. I didn't know that D: Thanks ill have to check that out.

Kotarou 06-02-2011 04:31 PM

My advice to new players: Buy the inventory bags first. Dye and whatnot can wait until you add 20 to your inventory space.

Secondly, buy the books from the Travelling Merchants or Grocery Merchants. They provide additional quests that give you lots of EXP and even miniboss summon pots.

kuyaBaka 06-02-2011 07:11 PM

It's a neat game. Looks like something that can kill some of my down-time this summer since LoL can go anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour a game. Playing a healer for dungeons puts me back into my PUG-ing mode in WoW.

My biggest complaint, though, is the targetting system. There's so many times where my cursor decides that I wanted to switch targets mid-fight, or thinks I'm aiming to heal that boss instead of the tank. The lag I can deal with since it's just a CBT and all--

My other complaint is the UI. I play on a widescreen laptop, so I have the UI pretty taking up my entire screen. It's mighty clunky. I wouldn't mind smaller fonts (personally, I think the current in-game font size is just a tad large), so I think an easy fix of compressing the UI is a good resolve. Another way to fix it would be custom UIs. If there are some out there, it'd be greatly appreciated if someone could link me?

The class system is pretty nice. Having played DOMO before, it's a much cleaner system than what they had in place. At least, from what I've seen so far (only got to CLv 7, so I've only switched between Warrior, Mage, and Cleric).

Kotarou 06-03-2011 12:53 AM

I think it's possible to adjust the UI, Font size in the Options?

Unless its already at its smallest.

Also, don't know about you, but I never managed to Heal a monster before, the game won't let you. '-' I set healing/support spells to target myself whenever I'm not fighting anything. It will also automatically cast heal on yourself even when you're targeting something else (monster).

LaTale 06-03-2011 01:57 AM

I love it. *w*
I've never had so much fun grinding AND I HATE GRINDING.
I was skeptical about the game at first, But I'm glad I tried it out~
The only problem for the moment though is a bit of lag, a good friend of mine had a pure hell of lag... Which made it nearly impossible for her to play... ;A;

DarkRayne 06-03-2011 03:20 AM

You can customize the UI, as in font size and window colors somewhere in the options.
Personally I find using F#s (F1, F2, F3) much easier to target allies to case spells and using tab to cycle enemy targets rather than point and clicking, but maybe that's just me.

Routine 06-03-2011 03:49 AM

It's a pretty fun game so far, nothing special, but the graphics are nice, the classes are fun (bard!), there are lots of quest and auto-walk... everybody loves auto-walk.

My only complaint is the UI. It's rather fugly (compared to say... Iris Online or DoMO even) :py32:

Reinshiki 06-03-2011 05:15 AM

Other than the UI, the graphics are just fantastic.

This is literally my first time playing something fun and beautiful other than Iris Online which I am on hiatus for now.

However, lacking time to play. But after my exam on Monday, I'll have more free time since my Holiday starts on Tuesday.

kuyaBaka 06-03-2011 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kotarou (Post 1543610)
I think it's possible to adjust the UI, Font size in the Options?

Unless its already at its smallest.

Also, don't know about you, but I never managed to Heal a monster before, the game won't let you. '-' I set healing/support spells to target myself whenever I'm not fighting anything. It will also automatically cast heal on yourself even when you're targeting something else (monster).

I'll check the options settings one more time. When I looked through it last time, I couldn't find anything on the UI, but maybe I was just looking in the wrong place.

What I meant was that when I was either targeting a monster or nothing at all and I'd try and cast a healing spell on myself, it doesn't auto-target myself. Instead, I have to click on my portrait in order to which really slows down how effective I am at soloing as a Cleric (which I've pretty much decided not to do anymore, since I can level it quite quickly by joining instances).

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaTale (Post 1543645)
I love it. *w*
I've never had so much fun grinding AND I HATE GRINDING.
I was skeptical about the game at first, But I'm glad I tried it out~
The only problem for the moment though is a bit of lag, a good friend of mine had a pure hell of lag... Which made it nearly impossible for her to play... ;A;

I didn't really see much "grinding" in this game than I have in other Asian MMORPGs. It's really more quest-driven, like WoW. That is, unless you refer to grinding as doing those repeatable quests (which, imo, are really annoying and tedious). As far as the lag goes, yeah it's annoying. But it's one of those problems that will always be in CBTs/OBTs simply due to the mass amounts of people trying to play at once.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkRayne (Post 1543666)
You can customize the UI, as in font size and window colors somewhere in the options.
Personally I find using F#s (F1, F2, F3) much easier to target allies to case spells and using tab to cycle enemy targets rather than point and clicking, but maybe that's just me.

I'm just used to healing through the party windows. Makes it so I don't accidentally heal the wrong people who happen to be in different party slots.

JerryJax 06-03-2011 03:59 PM

It is a lot of fun! I have a sweet guild I'm in which makes it all the more better. I'm currently a LvL 30 Character / 30 Cleric. Quests are very abundant and repeatable. Great spawn times and dungeons are awesome for 3 or 5 party setups.

Tea 06-03-2011 04:53 PM

I dungeon'd with Mori and we had funzies~ You can 2~3-man the early dungeons and the drops arent that bad either. If you got an AOE party members.. it makes life much easier.

DarkRayne 06-03-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tea (Post 1544005)
I dungeon'd with Mori and we had funzies~ You can 2~3-man the early dungeons and the drops arent that bad either. If you got an AOE party members.. it makes life much easier.

Keyword :py53:

kuyaBaka 06-03-2011 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tea (Post 1544005)

Just follow the basic Tank-Support-DPS and it's solid as long as you understand the importance of pulling patrols and stealing back aggro. Some of these randoms that I get into ... ugh.

Nihil679 06-03-2011 05:04 PM

Played for a few minutes.
Game's pretty interesting, the class thing confused me a bit at first but understandable.

I think I'll just reach level 15 for the first title and wait for OBT/final, too lazy.

Seim 06-03-2011 07:22 PM

Bow mage is awesome! :>

I love how the weapons aren't class restricted =)

kuyaBaka 06-03-2011 08:16 PM

Unpopular opinion: TOO MANY CLASSES SUCK. It's tough trying to decide which quest gear I want and which I can put off for a while longer--

Kotarou 06-03-2011 09:52 PM

Mage has passive damage+ for using staves though. '-'

I'd rather just stick to their normal equipment, but that's just me.