ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Eden Eternal > Eden Eternal Announcements

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-09-2012   #1 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BabyTakumi
Class: Maestro
Guild: FrenchBread
Default New Server Opening + Server Merge

After much consideration both the EE team at Aeria and our developers at X-Legend have decided to launch a new server and merge existing servers. This will take place on April 11th, starting at 6:00pm PDT. As always, we cannot give an exact time as to when the servers will be back up, but this process will take much longer than a normal maintenance day. This is to ensure all your account information is transferred accurately!

And don't worry, all your items, gold, AP, etc will remain unharmed!

Server Names
  • The new server will be called Diamond.
  • The 3 merged servers will now be called Sapphire.
  • Each server will have 6 channels.

Changes to the game
We will not be implementing new content with this merge to help reduce any factors that could complicate and lengthen the downtime.

However, we are happy to announce we will be adding tradable Eden Crystals back into the item mall for regular sale.
Leveling Contests
There will be 2 leveling contests for the new 'Diamond' server. These contests will run until May 11th and the details will be posted soon.
Events
In addition to our regular events, we will also be running 'Feature Focus' events all month to help introduce new players to the game as well as inform older players of details they might not be aware of. Don't worry, there will be prizes to be won!
Why is this happening? Is EE dying?
Eden Eternal is not dying; in fact the game has been growing quite significantly. In addition to the growth we've seen recently, we want to show Aeria's commitment to the game by launching a new server. We will be increasing our marketing budget to help fill this new server to create a new lively environment for players to have a fresh start.

The server merge is to promote a more competitive and balanced environment where PvP is more exciting, there are more players available for dungeons, more players for trading, etc.
What about lag?
Both our team at Aeria and X-Legend have been working on this issue for a while. We have already taken several steps to help reduce server lag, and more actions will be taken while the game is down during the launch/merge maintenance.

For those concerned about frame lag and the impact of additional players on their computer's performance, we recommend reducing graphics settings, using the 'hide players' button, or switching channels to one with fewer people.
What about the game economy?
We have been monitoring the economy very closely and fortunately the price differences from server to server are minimal. These minor difference should not have a major impact on the game and will smooth themselves out quickly.
Question & Answers

1. What if one account plays on multiple servers, what would happen to their characters after the merge?
    Currently each server has a maximum of five characters. After the merge we will make the maximum amount of characters set to 15 so that no characters will be deleted. While the maximum will be 15, users will not be able to create more than 5. Meaning, if you have over 5 and you delete one, you will not be able to create another.
  2. What will happen to the characters with the same name?
    The system will force a name change for players who are not in the following order:
    1. If the player is not a guild leader.
    2. If the player is lower in level.
    3. If the player is a guild member.
    4. Last play time for the player.
    If the character is a leader of a guild, or has the higher level, they will most likely not have their name changed.
    However, if the two characters are both guild leaders with capped levels, the one to have played latest will not have to change their name.
  3. What will happen to multiple archive items?
    If you have the same item archived on multiple servers, they will be merged into one! If you want to keep your copies of the item, please remove these copies from the archive so that across all servers only 1 instance of the item is in the archive.
  4. What about rankings?
    Monthly rankings will be reset after the merge.
  5. Will the Mailbox letters be retained?
    Yes.
  6. Will community friendís lists be retained?
    Yes, including friends, lover, blocked user.. etc.
  7. What will happen to the auction house items?
    All auction house items will return to the seller's mail box.
  8. What will happen to guilds with the same name?
    The older guild will not have to change their name. A player will need to send a ticket to change their name.

Our request to you
Because of the new server and our marketing budget, there will be a surge of new players coming to the game. It's our request to the players of this game to help foster the game's growth by encouraging a friendly environment for these new players. Simply put, you guys are the veterans now. It's not easy to transition to a new game, there is a lot of information to learn. We need your help in continuing to grow the game, and it could be as simple as helping a noobie in need.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog
健全なる魂は ◦ 健全なる精神と ◦ 健全なる肉体に宿る ◦

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-09-2012   #2 (permalink)
Special
Games
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
To make one minor correction:

The new character maximum will be 15, and players will be able to create up to 15 rather than being able to have 15 but not able to create more than 5.

And to clarify another question. Characters who will need to change their name will be prompted to do so when logging in.
Changes to stuff they didn't type properly. :x

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog

04-09-2012   #3 (permalink)
Rie
Vera Benedictio
Games
La TaleEmil Chronicle OnlinePangyaRagnarok Online
Awards Event Winner

Rie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to behold

Yay more lag for me. >_>
I've already been laggy with lowest settings in empty places qq

04-09-2012   #4 (permalink)
Mega
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Donges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Dezel
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

Yay! I just started today and now they're already making major changes lmao.

04-09-2012   #5 (permalink)
Tarpzilla
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand ChaseHello Kitty OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffMr. ggFTW

Seru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what to make of this. I might come back for this, but not 100% sure.

Everyday I look into the mirror in my room and realize that I need a step stool. B> height ;_;

04-09-2012   #6 (permalink)
You Wetawd
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook Fan

MintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to MintyVampire
IGN: MintyVampire
Class: Kitttty
Level: 237/246
Guild: Ecks.T.C/Symphony/Deity ~I Love you guys <3~

Also 10 channels per server.

04-10-2012   #7 (permalink)
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego

not sure if returning...

04-10-2012   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster OnlineDream of Mirror OnlineRagnarok OnlineGrand Chase

Krooow will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Krooow Send a message via Yahoo to Krooow
IGN: Koja
Class: Saint
Level: 50

Hello massive lag lulz

04-10-2012   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Grand ChaseMapleStoryTrickster OnlineLa Tale

RaineScarlet is a jewel in the roughRaineScarlet is a jewel in the roughRaineScarlet is a jewel in the rough
IGN: RaineScarlet

:|

inb4 Peer Channel spam-fest. And it was bad enough already with the same 10 or so people always spamming it. >.>

04-10-2012   #10 (permalink)
Special
Games

I turned off Peer Chat the moment server went back up. The fact people are treating it like World but without the usage of items is retarded. I don't want to see some person's random ass text about what they're doing or whatever.

More of a rant in the spoiler.
Spoiler!

04-10-2012   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Grand ChaseMapleStoryTrickster OnlineLa Tale

RaineScarlet is a jewel in the roughRaineScarlet is a jewel in the roughRaineScarlet is a jewel in the rough
IGN: RaineScarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper
I turned off Peer Chat the moment server went back up. The fact people are treating it like World but without the usage of items is retarded. I don't want to see some person's random ass text about what they're doing or whatever.

Spoiler!
Summary of Peer Chan: Omg ur a girl? lolol how old r u. *random hugs thrown around* Occasionally they get a dungeon run going. Oh my pizza came lol. I'm watching anime lolol.

Yeah I should take your advice and turn it off.

04-11-2012   #12 (permalink)
You Wetawd
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook Fan

MintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to MintyVampire
IGN: MintyVampire
Class: Kitttty
Level: 237/246
Guild: Ecks.T.C/Symphony/Deity ~I Love you guys <3~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper

Spoiler!
^ Dat rant. Why you read my mind, Dongface. It is like ffs you blind people. Read the damn thread/posts before yours.

As for the Peer chat...I keep it on so it'll entertain me when I am bored. The stupidity that goes on in there makes me want to facepalm so bad sometimes but...hey, it is keeping me entertained.