ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   ECO Fighter Type (http://ggftw.com/forum/eco-fighter-type/)
-   -   Fencer stat and skill help (http://ggftw.com/forum/eco-fighter-type/68626-fencer-stat-skill-help.html)

Runesse 01-16-2010 03:35 AM

Fencer stat and skill help

I made a fencer and i was wondering where I should place my stat points in?
Vit/dex/str? and in which ratio? I'm lvl 14/16, and havent used a single stat point. I'm still thinking if I should go knight or dark stalker..

Which skills are good?
Currently I have the following skills:
Flying Spear lv 1
Increase Max HP lv 5
Spear Mastery lv 5

What should I learn next?

Noperative 01-16-2010 08:44 AM

For stats, they will be based on whether you plan to go a fast attack speed or tanker build.

Normally you would get DEX to 20, STR to 30 then put the rest into VIT/AGI until you notice a large jump in the stat increase. I'd recommend maybe 20 VIT if you went AGI.

I'd get the spear accuracy, spear delay cancel and IIRC at level 34 there was a passive defense skill. Then you get SP Recovery Increase for when you're partying with druids at higher levels. You could go all the way to 50 for thrust guard or just job change now.

You'll need BOTH Knight and Dark Stalker for a proper build, so don't worry about deciding.

Runesse 01-17-2010 03:13 AM

I'm going for a tanker build. One that can still deal decent damage. How should I distribute the stats?

Also, for the skills, should I get Shield Mastery too? What about attacking skills?

Noperative 01-18-2010 05:42 PM

Well, then instead of leaving VIT at 20-ish and going for AGI, just go all VIT. Using a skill simulator...

At job level (Knight) 50 and level 99, your stats would be
STR 97+13
DEX 44+16
VIT 100+25

You can take shield mastery and skip delay cancel, but if you want to use 2 handed spears for more damage then skip shield mastery and just take 2 handed shield mastery at Knight.

I don't really see much use in attack skills for Knight, maybe Divine Spear or the level 50 Spear Cyclone lol. Some of the Dark Stalker skills look good, but I don't know much about them.

Rie 01-18-2010 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runesse (Post 1126953)
I'm going for a tanker build. One that can still deal decent damage. How should I distribute the stats?

Also, for the skills, should I get Shield Mastery too? What about attacking skills?

Actually there are two types of Tanker build that can deal Damage.

One being The one Noperative said which is going STR and VIT.

The other being VIT and MAG (Using darkstalker skills) as well as being able to heal yourself with the Knight heal skill.

Noperative 01-18-2010 07:39 PM

Also note that both tanker builds will have trouble training. STRVIT will have you whacking monsters and burning dura (unless you make new characters and offline possess lol) and the VITMAG will be burning pots for slightly more fun grinding. You'll need to get a reset to go VITMAG though. Also note the importance of druids when you train.

Still, STRAGI+double thrust+delay cancel is pretty good and can tank decently if you put some VIT o3o (20 VIT is plenty when you've got druids around lol)

Runesse 01-19-2010 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzuNyan (Post 1128312)
Actually there are two types of Tanker build that can deal Damage.

One being The one Noperative said which is going STR and VIT.

The other being VIT and MAG (Using darkstalker skills) as well as being able to heal yourself with the Knight heal skill.

Vit/Mag? Is that a caster type? So does that mean that Darkstalker skills are magic based? Mind sharing a build?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noperative (Post 1128401)
Also note that both tanker builds will have trouble training. STRVIT will have you whacking monsters and burning dura (unless you make new characters and offline possess lol) and the VITMAG will be burning pots for slightly more fun grinding. You'll need to get a reset to go VITMAG though. Also note the importance of druids when you train.

Still, STRAGI+double thrust+delay cancel is pretty good and can tank decently if you put some VIT o3o (20 VIT is plenty when you've got druids around lol)

Well, I like to follow that video on wiki. Where that knight only takes 1 dmg from almost everyone. Sadly, I dont have a druid friend to train with. D:

Noperative 01-20-2010 06:15 PM

The video of a knight tanking everything is of an endgame knight. It's where it got resets for a PvP build, it did probably did the average STRAGI training build until it reached the level cap.

BTW not all the stalker skills are magic based, I think dark tide and blood absorption were the magic ones.