ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Archive Material (Read Only) > Retired Forums > Retired Games > Emil Chronicle Online > Emil Chronicle Online Jobs > ECO Fighter Type

Loong - The Power of the Dragon
Looking for a new MMO?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-18-2009   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Parfait is on a distinguished road
IGN: TyphoonParfait
Class: Soul Master to_soulmaster
Guild: Katamari
Default Scout/Sin/Commndo Skill Build Discussions

Any assassins/commandos out there can share some infos/opinions on skills?

is it worth for scouts to go job 50? and what 1st job skills are good and still helpful on 2nd job? and what are rly useless...

i just started yesterday.. im planning to go claw sin...
so dagger mastery is useless for me when i go claw? i saw the commando skill that combines 3 skills including the flyinground house kick so learning it should be a priority right?

ive got so much more questions lol... XD
ParfaitShop : Vendor (near kochi pachi mega lol) : Explorer

Dragonica IAH
Parfait : Ninja : DreamZ

Emil Chronicle
Katsumi : Assassin : Commando

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-19-2009   #2 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Sword 2Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle Online
Awards Pervert Award

Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of

The jlvl50 skill for scouts is very good, so yes you should get to jlvl 50. You should max increase HP (and SP is nice too) and get at least lv1 of the recovery (same with SP). It's a good idea to get the dagger passives/delay cancel, since getting to jlvl 50 will take a long time and you'll have more than enough skill points. Merciless blow is nice if you want a cheap attack skill to help get to second job.

Flying roundhouse won't help you very much, but you can learn it if you have some extra skill points. Wrist blow is decent (I heard it's pretty good for PvP), but other than that I would avoid the status attacks. Parry, deception, counterattack, feint, etc. are not worth the skill points imo. Concentration and Avoid Burst are not really needed, but you can get them if you have some extra and really want to.

The jlvl50 scout skill is better than most of the commando martial arts skills, so don't worry about getting those.

Sorry I went through that kind of fast.

10-20-2009   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Thumbs up

cool!! im job 29 now.. right now i have

Dagger Mastery 5
Dagger Accuracy 5
Concentration 5
Agility 5

The agi and concen buffs is helpful but the duration is really bad.. still no active attack skill atm XD looking forward to job 50 now XD (sonic blow!)

i can still do the free skill reset when i reach job 50 right? ill go get the hp increase skill by then... and maybe ill go try the wrist blow.. is it really stun for 6 secs?

tnx soooo much lol and i thought no one was playing scout class here XD

Dragonica IAH

Emil Chronicle

10-20-2009   #4 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of

You can do the skill point quests whenever you want, and you can still add unused first class skill points for first class skills after you change jobs. Though you can't use the first class points on second class skills or vice-versa. (they are kept separate)

When I used wrist blow it didn't seem like it lasted 6 seconds and it doesn't stun all the time. This skill isn't really suited for PvE, so it's up to you.

10-23-2009   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

ok here is my planned skill build now, im going to reset and use this once i reach job 50,

HP max 5
SP max 5
HP regen 5
SP regen 5
Dagger Mastery 5

Critical Rate 3 or 5
Multi Thrust 5

49 skill points, maybe ill go get increase dodge with the npc given free pts...

i recently heard about the fencer's sword mastery applies to rapiers, and still get rapier mastery by 2nd job... any chance that dagger mastery would apply to claws? lol

im still 41/39... still grinding at north prom... sob... my 30 str low damage is giving me a hard time at iron volcano... wish i was a vit fencer, they even have sp to spam...

Dragonica IAH

Emil Chronicle

Last edited by Parfait; 10-23-2009 at 08:16 AM. Reason: forgot the dagger mastery

10-23-2009   #6 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Awards Pervert Award

There are a total of 21 skill point quests for first class, so you can also get dagger delay cancel and increase dagger accuracy if you need it.

Nope, dagger mastery doesn't work with claws. :v

10-25-2009   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Alkenshel will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Alkenshel
IGN: Ailysse, Aurealis
Class: Emil Knight / Commando
Level: 80/35, 78/34
Guild: Revelations

If you can get Fatal Blow or whatever the skill is at JLv. 21 and go with a 2:1 STR-DEX build, you can level off robots at early 45-50 with a Vates and rake in the broken exp. Just use Fatal Blow until you deal Stun/Slow (or both), then spam Multithrust. Carry tonic waters as needed.

And by robots, I meant the ones in Light Tower. Foxhounds and Gigants.

Most, if not all, Scout builds go crazy with AGI early on because of the "impressive" attack speed, but all it does is cripple them later on in terms of levelling speed.

If you need proof of how Pure STR builds can really level fast in the 50s to 80s, just look at Lyin (admittedly, Lyin is a Battlesmith with a damage bonus against rocks, but the Pure STR build still holds though).

I recommend getting Critical to max level so you can utilize it together with the Assassin skill, Increase Critical Damage. The increase Dodge skill is not only an Active one but it also as a short duration, and recasting it is something I'd rather not do if I can save the SP for something else.

Last edited by Alkenshel; 10-25-2009 at 10:02 AM.

11-01-2009   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

migax52 is on a distinguished road

I got some doubts about scouts too :x
I'm in doubt about Agility/Avoid Burst skills cus we were meant to dodge so we wouldn't need to rest all the time, it bursts dodge a lot, but now i'm confused.
and about fatal blow/vital strike, isn't wrist blow better? because it can inflict the enemy stun status... btw, is it necessary to max the regeneration sp skill?
and what I'm in doubt if deception and unforeseen onslaught are good skills :/
ty in advance XD and sorry for so many questions ;.;

11-01-2009   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by migax52
I got some doubts about scouts too :x
I'm in doubt about Agility/Avoid Burst skills cus we were meant to dodge so we wouldn't need to rest all the time, it bursts dodge a lot, but now i'm confused.
and about fatal blow/vital strike, isn't wrist blow better? because it can inflict the enemy stun status... btw, is it necessary to max the regeneration sp skill?
and what I'm in doubt if deception and unforeseen onslaught are good skills :/
ty in advance XD and sorry for so many questions ;.;

The 30 Eva from the buff is really good.. but the duration and casting it over and over isnt worth it... unless these buffs gets increase duration for atleast..

The SP Regen skill is real good.. saves you a lot of money and time, since the fastest way to lvl is to spam skills.. really depends where you lvl, if you lvl with a party or as a runner.. some just returns to town or shelters and regen..
but in the end its just for saving time and money.. and everyone becomes rich in the end.. (and u only make use of the regen when ur sitting...)

Wrist Blow - can do the job and the stun is saves you time and money too

Vital - i dont know about this skill.. but if its only slow.. maybe wrist is better?

Unforseen - think of it as hitting 4-6 normal hits.. if you can kill the monster in 4-6 hits then using unforseen on it will automatically kill that monster while u perform the 4-6 blows giving it no chance to even attack you..

Dragonica IAH

Emil Chronicle

11-02-2009   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parfait
The 30 Eva from the buff is really good.. but the duration and casting it over and over isnt worth it... unless these buffs gets increase duration for atleast..

The SP Regen skill is real good.. saves you a lot of money and time, since the fastest way to lvl is to spam skills.. really depends where you lvl, if you lvl with a party or as a runner.. some just returns to town or shelters and regen..
but in the end its just for saving time and money.. and everyone becomes rich in the end.. (and u only make use of the regen when ur sitting...)

Wrist Blow - can do the job and the stun is saves you time and money too

Vital - i dont know about this skill.. but if its only slow.. maybe wrist is better?

Unforseen - think of it as hitting 4-6 normal hits.. if you can kill the monster in 4-6 hits then using unforseen on it will automatically kill that monster while u perform the 4-6 blows giving it no chance to even attack you..
unforeseen seems good then, maybe i'll get it,and yeah avoid burst's duration is short and I always have to cast it again.. ><
but does critical skill last long ? cus it's also a buff, and it spends more sp than agility ..
I like to lvl with parties but i'm planning lv solo when I get stronger =)

11-02-2009   #11 (permalink)
Wonka

Sambo is a name known to allSambo is a name known to allSambo is a name known to allSambo is a name known to allSambo is a name known to allSambo is a name known to all
IGN: Sambolade/Sambo/etc...
Class: Scout/Shaman/Vates/Ranger/Miner/Merchant/Farmer
Level: 44/29/27/28/27/28/27
Guild: Loli Brigade/Meido Brigade

why are you getting Unforeseen Onslaught when there's the better version that is Multi Thrust

Unforeseen Onslaught randomly does 4-6 hits (at skilllvl3-5) doing 100% power per hit so 400-600%
while
Multi Thrust always does 6 hits (at skilllvl 5) doing 120% power per hit so 720%

11-02-2009   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Oh thanks, I was in doubt about it, I want to make sure I won't waste my skill points..
but what about Critical skill? is it really useful and needed?

11-03-2009   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

as long as you can grind all the way to job 50 without any active skills then dont get any active attack skill, since multi thrust is a real power house as described by sambo.

as long as you can grind it..XD maybe if ur gonna be leeched~ then reaching j50 will not be a problem.

about the critical skill... hmm... its really strong.. but the duration is real bad too... but i dunno... for 1v1 matches or killing a real high lvl monster... maybe its good? im using lvl 3 and 5 of it... but just for show or when attacking a new monster lol XD

maybe when i get the critical dmg passive sin skill it will produce more results XD

( oh btw for those who dont know.. Multi-thrust is not a dagger only skill im using it with the broom lol XD )

Dragonica IAH

Emil Chronicle

11-03-2009   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Alkenshel will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Alkenshel
IGN: Ailysse, Aurealis
Class: Emil Knight / Commando
Level: 80/35, 78/34
Guild: Revelations

Quote:
Originally Posted by migax52
Oh thanks, I was in doubt about it, I want to make sure I won't waste my skill points..
but what about Critical skill? is it really useful and needed?
Critical skill + Increase Critical damage + Increase Martial Arts damage + Triple Attack + Claw Mastery = hello pain.

11-03-2009   #15 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Thanks for the help everyone ^^
I think I made up my mind now !

11-06-2009   #16 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Lets talk about assassin skills!! info and comments on sin skills pls!!

info on the ff pls

Utusemi Shed Skin
Mirror Image

Apply Poison
Poison Mist

Dragonica IAH

Emil Chronicle

Last edited by Parfait; 11-09-2009 at 08:58 AM. Reason: got info on the intoxicatives XD need info on the defensive skills now >.<