ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Dungeon Fighter > Dungeon Fighter Technical Issues

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-08-2010   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlinePangya9DragonsDream of Mirror Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Rhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Rhinehart Send a message via Skype™ to Rhinehart
Guild: MyHarem
Xfire: rhinehart
Default Abnormal Gameplay Alert

I haven't played this game since beta, until a couple of weeks ago, so this is new to me, but I heard at one point that this has happened before and apparently, it's the fault of the scheduled maintanance from last night.

Just logged on today, then when I switched channels, I got the alert.

I was all like "lolwut?" 'cuz I hadn't even run a dungeon yet at the time. But I did my dailies at Bohemoth and helped a friend with some of his quests, then logged out and the next time I logged on, I got this.

Apparently, there's already a thread on the Nexon forums that's already 9 pages long, consisting of posts from other players who've been hit with the banhammer for no reason other than logging on today.

Nexon Forums - Post here if you got Abnormal Gameplay after Maintenance

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-08-2010   #2 (permalink)
Everywhere to me
Special
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook Fan

Naps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Naps Send a message via Skype™ to Naps

No word from nexon yet. I'm expecting some major rollback lol.

I didn't get this though (phew)

09-08-2010   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Rhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of light

Well, I think a rollback at this point would pretty much just go back to before the maintanance, so it probably wouldn't be a major one. All I'd lose is the EXP I got from the dailies today. But for those who haven't been banned, I'd recommend just waiting for the inevidable rollback instead of playing, then whining about getting deleveled or something later.

09-08-2010   #4 (permalink)
Everywhere to me
Special

Naps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud of

I wouldn't mind getting all those millions back from crafting/reinforcing lol

09-08-2010   #5 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Seems like they're ****ing up on their ban spree.
Shouldn't be in announcements, by the way.

Looks like this is another "Duma/u mad" moment coming.

09-08-2010   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

I'm gonna play on my old Maple Story account (which has no DFO characters on it) and see how long it takes to get banned.

Edit: I'm not really that upset, assuming they fix this eventually. Considering how many people have been wrongfully banned from the game just for logging in today, I think it will get fixed and people'll get their accounts back, myself included. But if Nexon just intends to do absolutely nothing about it (which I highly doubt), I'll just quit again.

Last edited by Rhinehart; 09-08-2010 at 07:36 PM.

09-08-2010   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Here we go.

That didn't take long.

Allow me to thank you with this banhammer.

It's because I skipped the comics in the beginning, isn't it?

Technically, I'm not banned yet. I relogged after I got the alert to see if I had been banned already, but I could still log in. I'm gonna keep playing and keep you guys posted.

Last edited by Rhinehart; 09-08-2010 at 08:07 PM.

09-08-2010   #8 (permalink)
Everywhere to me
Special

But you will always have that popup on your screen? how annoying :V

09-08-2010   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naps
But you will always have that popup on your screen? how annoying :V
No, I left it open in the screenshots. You can close it when you click OK. You get a message in your mailbox, too, which I showed in the fourth screenshot. And I was just banned on that account now, too. Basically, if you get that alert, you get banned around an hour or so later.

So, in conclusion, in DFO today, the average lifespan of a character is half an hour.

Last edited by Rhinehart; 09-08-2010 at 08:37 PM.

09-08-2010   #10 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps it has something to do with how everyone's connections are set up. Given that it's not a small number of people, if you could somehow organize people into finding patterns/similarities between their connections/routers/etc., perhaps you can find a solution that way?

Of course, best case scenario would be if Nexon did something regarding the problems themselves, but that would be expecting them to actually pay attention to their users. :|

09-09-2010   #11 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Yeah already heard about this happening. Nexon'll be forced to fix it. Eventually. Maybe.

09-09-2010   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

They've gradually unbanned players who've been wrongfully auto-banned since they logged on after the maintanance, including myself, but alot of other people got stuck in-game with the "Account is already logged in" error after getting disconnected once. They still haven't been able to log back in, but Nexon's started to take inquiries regarding this issue.

Nexon Forums - Does "ID already logged" = a Ban without notice?

But on top of that, people who have been able to log in since the maintanance (including those who were recently unbanned) have had to deal with lag, disconnects and game crashes. Suffice it to say, the servers are quite unstable and I believe the previous maintanance pretty much destroyed the game.

I won't be playing again until there's been an emergency maintanance.