ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Dungeon Fighter > Dungeon Fighter Questions & Answers

Prius Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Prius Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-01-2009   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Nukki is on a distinguished road
Default Help picking a class.

Hi I am new to DFO and I have narrow my class selection down to three different classes. I just had a few questions about each class that hopefully someone can answer before I put a ton of time into a char and decide that I hate it.

The three classes that I have narrowed down to are:
Nen Fighter
Crusader (going to try for a fighter build for PvP)
Battlemage

What I am looking for is a class that can be helpful in PvE and hold its own in PvP. I also don't want to be a class that half the server is, I would like to be somewhat unique without playing a completely broken class.

One last question, is all PvP Korean style? Or is there 2v2 where all 4 people fight at once?

Sorry for all the questions but any answers would be appreciated.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-01-2009   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Verde can only hope to improve

the game is actually in "english" and the homepage tells you lots of common things..

click pvp mode and you will see pvp mode details
Dungeon Fighter Online – Taking the arcade fight online

battlemage is helpless in pve, they launch monsters in air, knock them out and bothers most of your parties combo attempts. they are the most unwelcomed members in the korean version.

battle crusaders are also helpless in pve, a crusader is suppose to be a supporter.. what are you going to do with very few low damaging spells..

i really encourage you to play nen master instead, they have neat buffs for party members and does quite well if you play it correctly. what a coincidence
there is even a nen master build guide on the official homepage! *yay*
Dungeon Fighter Online – Taking the arcade fight online

11-01-2009   #3 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Excuse me with my wall of text.

Now, before answering which best suits you, I'd just like to know if you're deciding the character you will main or else wise. I saw class and thought you were stuck on advancement choice, but okay.

Now then, the actual textwall.

Nen Masters are a very interesting Fighter class. While all Fighters, save Brawler, perhaps, are rather blands and "realistic" attacks, Nen Masters are really the only ones with all the flashy moves and such. Nen Masters can buff them or their party members, which is REALLY useful, because the Khai buff adds +100% Light damage. That's +100%, 2x your attack. At level 1. Useless against Light monsters, but it's amazing, nonetheless. Stimulating Breath increases your attack speed, and their late-level Tiger Flash gives them a nice electric tiger to go along with punches. In PvE, they are probably a nice substitute for a Crusader, handing out buffs and still dishing out high amounts of damage. In PvP, what Nen Masters lack in attack skill amounts, they put back in with high damage on current skills. Their Suplex Thunder deals HUGE amounts of damage on their level. At late levels, Energy Shield is a very nice looking attack, Doppelganger Blast is sure to annoy the hell out of your enemies, and Raging Light Dragon is an AWESOME skill.
The only down to Nen Masters is, like all Fighters, they blossom and bloom only at level 30 and later. They may hold out, but they don't reach full potential until then.

Battlemages are an interesting class. Of all Mage classes, this is the route to go for PvP. Contrary to what Verde says, I've partied with a few Battlemages, many have yet to annoy me, nor simply knock monsters down. Their Chaser skills are awesome at juggling, and many of their skills are decent enough to help out at any time. It may just be a mentality thing, but many of them seem to try harder than most teammates would. I do not play Battlemage, nor do I do in-depth amounts of research on them, but I've seen my share of PvP videos, and they're a very interesting class. Many players CONSTANTLY HAVE THEM ON THE MOVE. Many of their skills allow you to move diagonally, since they lack major Y-axis range. Their Chaser skills allow you to buff yourself while dealing extra damage after each attack. I'll tell you now, the golden spear-thing is probably the most epic, non-Awakening skill in the game.

Crusaders, I honestly don't have much to say. They're a support class, but with the lightning-thing, they hold off against magic class rather well. I do suggest trying out with Crusaders though, it will be interesting to see a battleSader in PvP.

Honestly, these class choices are interesting ones. Nen Masters are probably at the bottom of the popularity list for Fighter class, while Battlemage is maybe around the middle, but hardly any Mages in DFO either way.

I'm unsure what you mean by Korean style.
You may change the rules to deathmatch, or maybe do a free for all, or all-out team battle, or do individual 1v1 team fights.

11-02-2009   #4 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verde
battle crusaders are also helpless in pve, a crusader is suppose to be a supporter.. what are you going to do with very few low damaging spells..

If you haven't actually played the class, I hardly think you're qualified to make a blatant assumption as to the usefulness of the class.

Yes, Crusaders have support skills. That does NOT mean that they are ONLY support. That does NOT mean that they're suddenly useless and can't kill a thing. Crusaders hold their own, be it mostly after priest patch.

11-02-2009   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

What the... that's A LOT easier than our version of GBL Hatchery. Vangelis didn't summon minions to sacrifice for a heal + buff or the Ministers or the Monk with the overpowered Lucky Straight Punch.

11-02-2009   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by buta
If you haven't actually played the class, I hardly think you're qualified to make a blatant assumption as to the usefulness of the class.

Yes, Crusaders have support skills. That does NOT mean that they are ONLY support. That does NOT mean that they're suddenly useless and can't kill a thing. Crusaders hold their own, be it mostly after priest patch.

*facepalms* well hello there, the new priest patch in DFO version isn't even out and you're now telling me you know more than I who have already had a couple battle crusaders in my team? by just looking at one video..? -_-

EVEN after the priest patch, they will lack sp to raise offensive skills to a decent level.. well atleast in the korean version battle crusaders are unwelcomed, they think "why add a battle crusader with limited ammount of buffs when we can add a full support crusader with max buffs? "

You don't know the difference between support build and battle build do you?
All skills can't be maxed in this game, and after priest patch approaches you'll lack even more sp.. crusader's buffs are VERY important and those offensives
arn't worth as much for lowering your precious buff's level -_-

@video- the low damage made me barf by the way :/

Last edited by Verde; 11-02-2009 at 09:30 AM.

11-02-2009   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotKaZE
Excuse me with my wall of text.

Now, before answering which best suits you, I'd just like to know if you're deciding the character you will main or else wise. I saw class and thought you were stuck on advancement choice, but okay.

I'm unsure what you mean by Korean style.
You may change the rules to deathmatch, or maybe do a free for all, or all-out team battle, or do individual 1v1 team fights.
To answer your first question yes I am talking about a main, I will prolly only play one toon, maybe two depending on how much time I have.

I guess that "Korean Style" was just a Lineage 2 term but basically its what I see most of the DnF videos of. You have 3 people per team and its 1 on 1 til someone loses then the next player comes in and fights the winner of the first round.

11-02-2009   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukki
To answer your first question yes I am talking about a main, I will prolly only play one toon, maybe two depending on how much time I have.

I guess that "Korean Style" was just a Lineage 2 term but basically its what I see most of the DnF videos of. You have 3 people per team and its 1 on 1 til someone loses then the next player comes in and fights the winner of the first round.
thats called elimination match

11-02-2009   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Class: Sieg
Level: 56+

Quote:
Originally Posted by buta

Can I point out that he is level 48 doing Hatchery on Expert?

I have a crusader, level 37 as of last night. I love him, I think he is immensely helpful and so says everyone he groups with. However, I'm full support but I feel I can gather some information from that on how a battle crusader would be. As shown in that video, a battle crusader is not the most wicked damage dealer and is probably more fit for soloing.

Crusaders are the most self-sufficient class in the game and as such can go through stages without ever running out of MP or HP. For a party, it's an obvious better benefit to have a full support Crusader instead of a crusader trying to be a damage dealer. While they can do good damage sometimes, it'll never really compare to other classes outside of PvP.

I do notice that Crusader doesn't have Divine invocation and if he was planning on being a solo or duo player like a battle crusader should be intending, I figure he would max it since it gives a lot of strength at high levels and thus a lot more damage. Since Crusaders pretty much wrap their play around basic attacks and Blades of purity, upping your base damage is best. (And for that reason, you pretty much become a support if you devote to buffing, that's the trick to Crusaders. The buffs are just TOO good.)

Also... do buffs last longer after that patch?

And I want to see a video of that Crusader in a stage near his level because even I have soloed expert Hatchery on my Crusader. It took forever... beating the Boss's regen was not a fun task.
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

11-02-2009   #10 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verde
*facepalms* well hello there, the new priest patch in DFO version isn't even out and you're now telling me you know more than I who have already had a couple battle crusaders in my team? by just looking at one video..? -_-

EVEN after the priest patch, they will lack sp to raise offensive skills to a decent level.. well atleast in the korean version battle crusaders are unwelcomed, they think "why add a battle crusader with limited ammount of buffs when we can add a full support crusader with max buffs? "

You don't know the difference between support build and battle build do you?
All skills can't be maxed in this game, and after priest patch approaches you'll lack even more sp.. crusader's buffs are VERY important and those offensives
arn't worth as much for lowering your precious buff's level -_-

@video- the low damage made me barf by the way :/

Oh, hello, more blatant assumptions. Shall I quote your post and point out something? You said "battle crusaders are helpless". That video doesn't look like "helpless" to me. He can fully standalone and fight.

Not to mention, that was just one vid. I can find dozens more, though I doubt you'd be worth the trouble.

And enough with this "ON THE KOREAN VERSION LOLOLOZL". Last I checked, you don't speak for the Koreans. Nor are you their representative.

Why the hell does every game seem to have some tard who goes koreanhappy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiegh
Can I point out that he is level 48 doing Hatchery on Expert?

I have a crusader, level 37 as of last night. I love him, I think he is immensely helpful and so says everyone he groups with. However, I'm full support but I feel I can gather some information from that on how a battle crusader would be. As shown in that video, a battle crusader is not the most wicked damage dealer and is probably more fit for soloing.

Crusaders are the most self-sufficient class in the game and as such can go through stages without ever running out of MP or HP. For a party, it's an obvious better benefit to have a full support Crusader instead of a crusader trying to be a damage dealer. While they can do good damage sometimes, it'll never really compare to other classes outside of PvP.

I do notice that Crusader doesn't have Divine invocation and if he was planning on being a solo or duo player like a battle crusader should be intending, I figure he would max it since it gives a lot of strength at high levels and thus a lot more damage. Since Crusaders pretty much wrap their play around basic attacks and Blades of purity, upping your base damage is best. (And for that reason, you pretty much become a support if you devote to buffing, that's the trick to Crusaders. The buffs are just TOO good.)

Also... do buffs last longer after that patch?

And I want to see a video of that Crusader in a stage near his level because even I have soloed expert Hatchery on my Crusader. It took forever... beating the Boss's regen was not a fun task.
Do note that stage levels change after the max level is changed. I believe he is supposed to be there around that range. However, given that I'm not particularly sure (and am currently too lazy to check) of the level ranges for some of the later stages, I don't know if i can find you a video in his level range.

I believe some buffs do last longer. Most buffs that I just checked had their durations at 2 minutes.

Edit: Just checked Divine Invocation. After patch, MP cost seems to be over 3 times what it is now (60 -> 200) and at level 1, it's half the stat buff. All that for an extra minute to the duration. You can be the judge of usefulness.

Last edited by buta; 11-02-2009 at 10:37 AM.

11-02-2009   #11 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukki

Hmm, in that case, I do suggest playing as Nen Master if you enjoy jumping from PvP to PvE and back. I, myself, don't play my Nen Master as much, but they're almost similar to Brawlers in build where you're almost COMPLETELY free to do whatever you will with it.

If you have a leveling partner that doesn't mind your limited (but not useless) help, and you really enjoy PvP, then perhaps Battlemage.

If you're completely solo and patient enough to wait out for the Priest patch for your amazing increase in power, then perhaps Crusader.

I'm a really indecisive person, which is why I play so many Fighter classes and list out these types of choices. But if everything doesn't suit you, I highly suggest going to Nen Master because of their all-around use.

As for the rest of you, take this up somewhere else labeled DnF vs. DFO or something. I'm kind of helping someone here?

11-02-2009   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

I really solo a lot at the moment cause I haven't talked any of my friends into playing just yet. So as of right now I think that I will go Nen Fighter and play a Battlemage as an "alt". The crusader looks really cool and fun, and I have looked up some PvP vids of a battlesader that just dominated people, but since I don't know much about the game for all I know he could be a lot higher than the people that he is pvping. Anyways I appreciate all the help and insight that you guys have given me.

How often do they patch the game? I don't mind playing a class that isn't top tier I just didn't want to pick something that was completely broken in PvP.

11-02-2009   #13 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

I'm led to believe the next patch is tomorrow, mainly for removing the event, but something nonetheless.

It's really uncertain though, since the game was only released, we have no idea what their schedule might be.

11-02-2009   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotKaZE
I'm led to believe the next patch is tomorrow, mainly for removing the event, but something nonetheless.

It's really uncertain though, since the game was only released, we have no idea what their schedule might be.
As awesome as that would be, I highly doubt it since there hasn't been an announcement or notice yet.

But who knows? Maybe they'll go "LOL EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE" and do it anyway.

11-03-2009   #15 (permalink)
Angelic Healer~
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaVindictus

Allea has a spectacular aura aboutAllea has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA
As awesome as that would be, I highly doubt it since there hasn't been an announcement or notice yet.

But who knows? Maybe they'll go "LOL EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE" and do it anyway.
Maybe, and to answer elaborate on Buta's answer on to level cap change level req. for some dungeons to Skeigh's comment on the GBL Arad branch and etc. you can look it up on here: But I'll save time to say this: GBL Arad Branch is level 45+ to start (11 levels higher than current version of DFO).

Google Translate It's the DnF JP (Arad) Wiki.

I'll also say this too: Frozen and Ridge on Mount Thunderime is level 40+ to start (3 levels higher than our current version) Camp Bwanga is higher level req. than Ryku Point, and Aphelia Post's Shallow Keep is level 38+ to start (one level lower than our current version).

IGNs: League of Legends: Allea
~Arigato KratosAurion-san.

Last edited by Allea; 11-03-2009 at 01:42 PM.

11-03-2009   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allea
Maybe, and to answer elaborate on Buta's answer on to level cap change level req. for some dungeons to Skeigh's comment on the GBL Arad branch and etc. you can look it up on here: But I'll save time to say this: GBL Arad Branch is level 45+ to start (11 levels higher than current version of DFO).

Google Translate It's the DnF JP (Arad) Wiki.

I'll also say this too: Frozen and Ridge on Mount Thunderime is level 40+ to start (3 levels higher than our current version) Camp Bwanga is higher level req. than Ryku Point, and Aphelia Post's Shallow Keep is level 38+ to start (one level lower than our current version).
Something's been bugging me though. I heard that kDnF started with the cap on lv45. That makes sense, since that's when we get our last new skill before the Awakenings. So then why the hell did Nexon America decide to make the cap 40 for us? I want my Death Hawk!

11-03-2009   #17 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games
Bloodline ChampionsLeague of LegendsRift: Planes of TelaraS4 League

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold
IGN: coolbeans
Class: boss lt_gunslinger
Level: ∞
Guild: kool kids klub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA
Something's been bugging me though. I heard that kDnF started with the cap on lv45. That makes sense, since that's when we get our last new skill before the Awakenings. So then why the hell did Nexon America decide to make the cap 40 for us? I want my Death Hawk!
Maybe their experience curve wasn't as ****ed up as ours.

11-04-2009   #18 (permalink)
Angelic Healer~
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaVindictus

Allea has a spectacular aura aboutAllea has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolWut
Maybe their experience curve wasn't as ****ed up as ours.
I think this has been said already, but when going from level 39 -> 40 you need about 11mill exp I think, but going from level 40 -> 41 requires only 7.7mill exp...granted that can mean either our EXP curve will eventually change or even something worse.

IGNs: League of Legends: Allea
~Arigato KratosAurion-san.