ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Dungeon Fighter > Dungeon Fighter General Chat

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-14-2010   #1 (permalink)
:kamina: Pro

Goldie is on a distinguished road
Guild: SOS Brigade
Default I want to play :)

What are the important things I need to know before playing? lmk

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-14-2010   #2 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

PvP is rage-inducing if you're like me who takes manner rules like the Ten Commandments. You'll get the occasional manner rule players, then you get the people that just don't give a flying hell of a damn.
But that's just if you're like me. Otherwise, have fun just getting mad over slightly-better-but-still-pretty-damn-bad balance.

Game is CRAP under level 30. Under level 30 is the most boring and grindiest piece of shit game you'll ever play, so bad you'll want to quit immediately after the first ten minutes and shove seven pencils in your eyes just to get the BAD out. But it becomes GREAT after that, and it becomes BETTER after 35. Mainly because all your fun skills are after 30.

Dungeons range from "this was a dungeon?" difficulty to "WHAT THE **** IS THIS SHIT!?" difficulty. Then when you encounter Ancient Dungeons (you'll notice, they require items to enter NORMALLY), it bumps to "**** THIS GAME, IT'S SHIT" difficulty. The good thing is that difficulty pretty much moves in a wave, and the only real difficulty is trying to keep playing through the tedious re-runs of a terrible dungeon.
However, they changed a lot with Act V (they better have, 36 hour delay), so quests may become A LOT easier. I don't really know.

If at all possible, avoid running with people off party lists AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. The chances of a lagger are extremely high (though somewhat better still) and the chances of having a bad party (*PARALYMPICSSSSSSSSSSSS*) are even better.

Also, NA only.

10-14-2010   #3 (permalink)

Ty very detailed!

Whats the most overpowered class? Also is it a long road to Lv35?

Last edited by Goldie; 10-14-2010 at 07:46 PM.

10-14-2010   #4 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldie
Ty very detailed!

Whats the most overpowered class?
Depends on your viewpoint of "overpowered". Unlike most MMOs, NeoPle is horrible at designing in a good way, where (most) things are overpowered in some way, shape, or form.

PvE/dungeons:
Lazy Mode: Summoner, Mechanic
Bestest Supporter Mode: Soul Bender, Nen Master, Crusader
Strong-As-****-But-Can-Be-Expensive: Launcher, Asura, Elementalist, Grappler
Can Be Awesome With +11 (lolgl) Weapons: Striker, Ranger, [Weapon Master, Battle Mage (questionables)]
Avoid Like The Plague: Spitfire.

PvP:
Low-Level Jackassery: Rangers. Rangers. Spitfires. Rangers. Mechanics. Rangers. Rangers. Did I say Rangers?
Run And Hide: Summoner, Mechanic
Flowchart/I-Run-Until-My-Best-Skills-Are-Available: Ranger, Soul Bender, Mechanic, Nen Master
DAMAGE IS SO EASY ALL THE TIME: Asura, Launcher, Grappler, Elementalist
General Population Rage: Rangers.

BALANCE.

Takes like... a week or more if you're devoted and plan quests properly. With new quests, dunno now though Might be easier.
Day 1, 1-16~18.
Day 2, 16-20~22
Day 3, 20-23~24
Day 4, 23-24~25
Day 5, 24-27~28
Day 6, 27-29~30
Day 7, 29-31?

Last edited by Nihil679; 10-14-2010 at 08:04 PM.

10-14-2010   #5 (permalink)

I had a feeling rangers were o/p call it a hunch.

10-14-2010   #6 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Quote:
Yep... be prepared to shell out a lot of money if you want to level decently unless you think you can find a great party every time though. Without a decent gun, their damage is crummy.

That means almost nothing in PvP though. Just get a half-assed gun your level, join a high-level player's room, and laugh at DFO's crappy level balancing as your damage does at least 60% in a normal combo.

10-14-2010   #7 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

This is act 5 mang.

PvP can piss you off with the broken/easy mode classes, but otherwise decent/good (YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY). Equipment carries start happening once you hit the later PvP levels.

There's nothing wrong with level 1-30 =|. Especially now that everyone gets free cancels and shit. Dungeons go on average easy/medium difficulty, (YOUR MILEAGE >WILL< VARY DEPENDING ON CLASS) with sprinkles of tough. Ancient dungeons aren't that bad, they're only balls without an organized party. Also you have enough quests to always bring you to the next level now, what grind?

10-14-2010   #8 (permalink)
situation walkspace
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

mamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Moli
Class: Kardashian to_primadonna
Guild: Hores
Xfire: logicks

be a man, play a priest -- monk. :> 1-30 is relatively ez now. it's stupid to compare it to pre-patch. :| the only advice i have for newbies is to take all your quests for the dungeon you're doing. it'll save you loads of fatigue.

rangers aren't /that/ overpowered, dot's just being whiny because he has a bad matchup against them. ?_?

Last edited by mamoru; 10-14-2010 at 11:42 PM.

10-14-2010   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

J0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really nice

Well leveling to 30 is pretty easy IF you have a party that can always help you out, meaning MAKE YOUR FRIENDS PLAY AND PARTY WITH THEM ALL DAY.
I'd personally say from my experience everything before 30 is easy as shit, only hard stage would be Vestibule of Darkness cause the fffin light switches. After 30 it starts to get a little bit harder, but nothing you cant handle by the time you reach 30.
With Act V out now i'd guess everything is much easier.

i say avoid starting out as any gunner class because they're probably the most boring to play till around 30/35, but when you reach 30 or 35 they get boring again after a while.
Every other class is very fun after 30, yeah.

10-15-2010   #10 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by orphan
be a man, play a priest -- monk. :> 1-30 is relatively ez now. it's stupid to compare it to pre-patch. :| the only advice i have for newbies is to take all your quests for the dungeon you're doing. it'll save you loads of fatigue.

rangers aren't /that/ overpowered, dot's just being whiny because he has a bad matchup against them. ?_?
Bias.
GET OUTTA HERE. I play a Female Ranger. Abuse level balance all day.

10-15-2010   #11 (permalink)
Light's Pet
A little RUSTy.
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMapleStoryLuniaDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

Genji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud of

From a mage standpoint, it is hell when beginning.

Until you get your advancement/25 anyways.

You don't get your REAL skills till 25 :V

Summoner is pretty boring. But if you want money with low maintenance, summoner is the way to go.
Witches are pretty interesting. They can be either a physical build, or magic build (I think). With the current patch though, I am not sure how much has changed, except a few invincible frames got removed (;.

Elementalists are what I main. If I say anything, pick a good element combo. Basically light/dark. Until 50, mages are VERY SP consuming. So basically, stick with two elements, and stick with those.

Oh, and level Florae.

10-15-2010   #12 (permalink)
Orange
Games
4StoryACE OnlineAdventure Quest WorldsAge of Armor
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Faith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Only when you have a godly upgraded weapon.

10-15-2010   #13 (permalink)
Light's Pet
A little RUSTy.
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMapleStoryLuniaDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

Genji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith
Only when you have a godly upgraded weapon.
Everything is strong with a godly weapon :V

10-15-2010   #14 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

Summoners can get tedious if you enjoy comboing and stuff (like mori/orphan) But there are different wants to play a summoner, so you might find one to your liking.

10-15-2010   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orphan

What class is that in your Avatar? I like playing badass looking characters <3

10-15-2010   #16 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Quote:
Priest with avatars. More specifically Monks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuki
Everything is strong with a godly weapon :V
Not Grapplers. Fixed damage.

10-15-2010   #17 (permalink)

Asura seems the most interesting to me. Is there anything I should know about them?

10-15-2010   #18 (permalink)
situation walkspace
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

mamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Moli
Class: Kardashian to_primadonna
Guild: Hores
Xfire: logicks

Quote:
monk, he looks more badass now, though. =) if you want to be an asura, stack up in cast speed items (avatars)

10-15-2010   #19 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Quote:
Asura seems the most interesting to me. Is there anything I should know about them?
Very MP heavy in PvE from what I hear. Their damage is great and in PvP, they're pretty much easy hits, easy damage. Neutral Wave = ass. Wave Radiation = ass. Agni's Pentacle = ass.

I admit to wanting to make one if Female Slayers were ever in creation though.
In PvP, they have great zoning and defensive options with Neutral Wave and Radiation. Damage is very high with Crescent Wave. Has a combo reset option with Ice Wave.

10-15-2010   #20 (permalink)
Mind's Eye
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsDragon NestTrickster Online
Awards Facebook FanPervert Award

Zeke will become famous soon enoughZeke will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via MSN to Zeke
IGN: Azel
Class: Blind Man
Level: xx

Asuras get more OP'D in 2nd impact where MP Regen is no longer a problem.