ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Dungeon Fighter > Dungeon Fighter General Chat

Iris Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Iris Online

Rating:  

View Poll Results: If you're not active, what kind of updates would make you active?
Level cap increase 15 57.69%
Character patch 10 38.46%
Female Gunner 11 42.31%
Cash shop update/SELECTABLE AVATAR MALL 8 30.77%
Eliminating gold-spammers/botters 14 53.85%
Content update (more quests, dungeons, etc.) 15 57.69%
Connection issues resolved 5 19.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-12-2010   #21 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phae
Oh oh I just noticed KaZE started playing PWI on the same server I used to play on. :P
You should start again, or give me your stuff.
\o/
Might go bring up the PW forums.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-12-2010   #22 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Phae will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotKaZE
You should start again, or give me your stuff.
\o/
Might go bring up the PW forums.
I doubt I'll ever really get started again. I quit after they ruined the game. :P

01-12-2010   #23 (permalink)
Puhi Puhi <3~

Maiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura about

I played with Kuda/Guiles last week

But that's the only time I play :/

Thanks to CherryPanda for an AWESOME sig!

01-13-2010   #24 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phae
I doubt I'll ever really get started again. I quit after they ruined the game. :P
Ruined?

Also, if your post isn't going to be be useful at all, no one cares.

01-13-2010   #25 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Quote:
Ruined?
Well, you wouldn't know about it, since you just recently started. Anywho, I played it for quite a while so I can give you a quick summary. ^^

Basically, the first major issue, was the introduction of legendary pets(Which are rediculously stronger than normal pets and can only be obtained by Cash Shop.(Around 150-200$ per pet I think if you buy your own boxes)) One of the pets, Hercules, more or less replaced barbarian's role in instance runs. Of course there's still things only a barb can tank, but because of the pet, a lot of the barbarian population ended up quitting at that time.

Then, gold price inflation came because of their new ideas. Major one being the starter packs, since 2 of the boxes require a 5$ hammer to open from cash shop. Prices were further inflated because of quest updates that started rewarding boxes that had 1m coins in them, but required a 5$ hammer to open. Then, gold became ridiculously expensive after the introduction of Anniversary packs.

The part that ruined the game though, was the Anniversary packs. Originally they were introduced as being only a 1 month item.(They've been around 3-5 months now I guess) Basically, people used to hunt lunar glade(High level instance) to get materials for their level 90+ equips. Some of us were pretty devoted to doing the higher instances too since they were more difficult and the equipment was incredibly rare. Equipment from those instances were so rare, that it could take 1-2 months+ just to farm for 1 piece of equipment. Also, lots of people would do World Bosses to get perfect gems.(You might have seen one, they're normally huge and have ? for their level and pretty much 1 hit you) Perfect gems are grade 9 gems, so they were pretty significant back then. ^^

Anywho, a lot of people ended up quitting because anniversary boxes give out those lunar glade equipments that take months to farm for, as well as other top tier equipment. They also give out grade 11 and 13 gem stones, as well as tokens of luck. Tokens of luck can be traded for many things, but the most significant is they can be traded for skill book pages.(At level 89+ to get your final skill level you need the book, and those books were normally only dropped in dungeons. Some of the books were incredibly rare, so much so you'd be lucky to get one in a month, and it wouldn't necessarily be the skill you want.) However, with the anniversary box, if you dish out enough $ can get you end game equipment as well as all your skills. ^^

If you're good at making coins in game though it shouldn't be a huge problem I guess. Plus it's better that you start later instead of really early like most of the people who ended up quitting then. It was a big demotivator for those of us who spent months farming for equips. :P

I do suggest starting out on the Rising Tide server, if any though. You'd have a better chance of getting to participate in Territory Wars, since it's a brand new server that's only been out for a month or so.

Oh, and also, the 1m coin boxes from quests, aren't even worth opening anymore since it cost twice as much to buy the hammer in game than the box is worth, maybe even more now.

Last edited by Phae; 01-13-2010 at 06:15 AM.

01-13-2010   #26 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Lol, I'm already in a faction on Sanctuary though S: Nefarious has practically the entire TW map red. Not really into TW at the moment anyways. I'll see how long my faction stays active until I make a switch, I did get nice stuff on this one already.

They recently removed Anniversary Packs just this maintenance, I think. They also included more BH/day though, so a lot of people are complaining it's going to be too easy to level to 100 now.

01-13-2010   #27 (permalink)
VIP
Games
MabinogiVindictusDungeon Fighter OnlineLineage

Dread has a spectacular aura aboutDread has a spectacular aura aboutDread has a spectacular aura about
Class: GeassGundam to_champion

lv cap been remove at 40....?

01-13-2010   #28 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Quote:
They recently removed Anniversary Packs just this maintenance, I think. They also included more BH/day though, so a lot of people are complaining it's going to be too easy to level to 100 now.
After the first month they removed them too. Then waited a week to reintroduce them. :P

01-14-2010   #29 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

I've taken a hiatus from DFO since my mains have hit 40 already. I'm hoping the new content and lv60 cap go hand-in-hand...

01-15-2010   #30 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Okay, it's settled! If DFO doesn't do anything interesting before Fantasy Earth Zero's beta launches, I'll just switch games. :P

01-17-2010   #31 (permalink)
PROBATIONAL EVENTS TEAM
Special
Games
Eden Eternal

Shinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really nice
IGN: Shinkky/Magenta
Class: WILLDRIVER. to_cardmaster
Level: ...
Guild: SOSBrigade

character patch, female gunner, CONNECTION ISSUES RESOLVED.

01-17-2010   #32 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshLikeSnow
character patch, female gunner, CONNECTION ISSUES RESOLVED.
I want my fffing female spitfire.

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

01-17-2010   #33 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Class: Sieg
Level: 56+

Is it ironic that I finally managed to fix my lag issue in DFO only to have little desire to even play anymore? I can finally PvP in 4v4s and everything with no problems whatsoever and yet... I hardly even want to.

Sad face...

Hell, just the fact I can play without any lag (besides other people's lag) is probably my only incentive for playing.

(Went from loading waaaay after everyone to being the first to load into a stage. So nice, I can start my long buff chain on my crusader before everyone loads now.)
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

01-18-2010   #34 (permalink)
User Error
Games
MapleStoryEden Eternal
Awards Event Winner

Fuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of light

I kind of quit... and I have 20k in NX cards I haven't redeemed yet...

No clue what I'm going to do with them, probably try to sell for like $9 a piece.

01-18-2010   #35 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy
I kind of quit... and I have 20k in NX cards I haven't redeemed yet...

No clue what I'm going to do with them, probably try to sell for like $9 a piece.
Distribute them to fellow hiatus'd DFO players for when DFO becomes less crappy.

01-18-2010   #36 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
La TaleAtlantica OnlineVindictusTrickster Online

neodrakeflare is on a distinguished road
IGN: too many
Level: too many
Default Until thief or ToD&ToI comes

Title says it all!

01-18-2010   #37 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Next year for Thief, srsly.

01-18-2010   #38 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

Forget Tales of Destiny/Tales of Innocence. I want Tales of Graces localized now >_>

01-18-2010   #39 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA
Forget Tales of Destiny/Tales of Innocence. I want Tales of Graces localized now >_>
At first I thought that too. A second glance and I know he is talking about Tower of Death and Illusion lol.

01-18-2010   #40 (permalink)
Symphony's Pedobear
Special
Games
Kingdom of Loathing

Astenhof is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Astenhof Send a message via MSN to Astenhof
IGN: Lazlo, Astenhof Karinnean
Class: Chanter, Pugilist (10)
Level: 30, 13
Guild: Burning Angels, (Forgot the game ):)

I agree with the Tales of Graces statement.

DFO: Astenhof 35 Soulbender, DoomPig 14 (going mechanic)