ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Dungeon Fighter General Chat (http://ggftw.com/forum/dungeon-fighter-general-chat/)
-   -   This is getting stupid. (http://ggftw.com/forum/dungeon-fighter-general-chat/66968-getting-stupid.html)

RoflKnife 12-24-2009 12:13 AM

This is getting stupid.

The economy is being ****ed beyond belief. The prices keep going higher and higher. It's literally better to just hoard items than sell them. Bamboo bracelets were 2m a month or two ago. Now they go for around 5m average. What the hell? Some other items have seen an even larger increase. Triple, Quadruple, QUINTUPLE the price.

What the hell is causing this bullshit? The gold sellers? The stupidity of the sellers themselves? Selling your stuff is stupid, when a month later the price of everything triples. Either hoard everything, trading item for item, or hope the the prices somehow stop going up THEN sell, or get screwed in general.

Skiegh 12-24-2009 12:27 AM

A lot of things, part of it I entirely blame on the stagnant level cap.

This thread also made me wonder...
Nexon Forums - Are people cheating on items pots now too?

God knows I have never even gotten a purple from a pot, let alone gotten a bunch of legacy items in a row. A glitch is what's being discussed here.

Phae 12-24-2009 12:40 AM

Pfft, when I had a bamboo bracelet, back before cash shop even existed, the highest anyone would even offer for it was 500k on the forums when I sold it. :P

Nihil679 12-24-2009 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phae (Post 1104024)
Pfft, when I had a bamboo bracelet, back before cash shop even existed, the highest anyone would even offer for it was 500k on the forums when I sold it. :P

Settled.
Cash shop/Gachapon/Gumball machine/hideously intrusive alien-like domes that look like they contact extraterrestrial beings in order to invade Arad aka CONTACTING BEHEMOTH TO SWOOP DOWN AND CRASH INTO ARAD
should be removed.

I have noticed how the price did explode with cash shops though. What I believe is because people have this weird desire to overprice items when they are able to set up a shop for convenience and GET-IT-NOW! fees. I suppose the fact that these damn shops EXPIRE doesn't aid in the "I SHOULD SELL AS MUCH AS I CAN AS HIGH AS I CAN IN THIS DURATION."

Lacerta 12-24-2009 03:59 AM

Mostly gold sellers. A majority of them have trading licenses, and they plant themselves at various locations throughout the channels to make it seem like the price they are setting for items is the standard price.

A ton of gold buyers also know their customers buy gold as well, so they try to get the most gold from their fellow buyers by attempting to match the prices. If a regular player comes along, notices a price, then lowers their item a bit to try to get the item sold, the gold sellers and buyers come along and buy it then put it up in their shop for a higher price. Once all the low-priced items are gone a new default price is made.

A lot of the gold buyers end up buying from gold sellers too out of desperation so the gold sellers are laughing at their customers while their thousands of employees play 4 chars at once farming items like mad and hacking pots with the pot hack. It's a cycle.

There's also that "US Server Greed" that goes on due to American servers being so behind compared to their Japanese/Korean counterparts, cash shop wise and content wise. Random people going around mentioning that when x update comes, y will become useless so you'd best be trying to make profits off of it by selling high high high. Or that on JP/KR server this item goes for x millions because it's really good, so you should price it as such on US server even if no one has the gold to afford it. A " OMG R@RE OMG = $5000000" thing.

I'd say eventually things will mellow out and go to "normal", but the game is too easy to hack in many ways and the protection is pretty lame. Even Korea has pretty much abandoned 2 of their 10 or so servers and just let it run rampant with hackers and gold sellers.

Even when the auction house comes and it lets everyone sell items on it (or pay $ to sell even more items on it), it won't change a thing unless Nexon can defeat the gold sellers and such.

...like that's going to happen.

Shadow5YA 12-24-2009 07:24 AM

The auction house only works if a seller or two has the guts to start lowering prices first. Then the rest of the sellers will follow suit to keep up with the competition.

RoflKnife 12-24-2009 02:17 PM

RELEVANT.

Yeah Nexon, really hard to find those gold sellers, lots of effort, tough to get rid of them.

Shit, just give me banning powers and crap, you don't even have to pay me, and I'll get rid of, or at least, make those gold selling *******s have miserable job.

Phae 12-24-2009 02:26 PM

My block list isn't even big enough to hold one map worth of gold sellers. :(

Zeke 12-24-2009 02:50 PM

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/7...t00002t.th.jpg

./rage

Nihil679 12-24-2009 03:43 PM

Supposedly, people overprice so you can mail them an offer.

That's just ****ing stupid. YOU HAVE A SHOP, ASSHATS. |:

slick 12-24-2009 09:16 PM

Gold sellers have already pumped too much money in, so it's lost all value. Legit players who didn't buy gold/get lucky as hell/farm their fingers off get screwed in the long run.

I highly doubt banning all the gold sellers would have an immediate effect ( economy wise ) but it would help.

Some of it is just stupidity though. Some guy thought every purple weapon was ridiculously expensive. Level five purple katana for 1.5 mil? What? I'm happy I found this one reasonable shop filled with stuff I needed. Found a GBL wand for 50k, and a bunch of other things.

Metis 12-26-2009 05:12 PM

To counter-balance the pricing DFO should increase the amount of gold players receive. :)
The gold spammers control everything and the reason Nexon won't touch them is because the gold sellers make it possible for Nexon to sell their avatars for the purpose of selling them to get items they need. It's a win-win for both Nexon and the gold spamming sites.

Dani 12-27-2009 01:04 PM

This is why DnF's economy > DFO's.

Atleast there I could afford purple weapons for both pvp and pve on my spitfire.

buta 12-27-2009 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dani (Post 1107186)
This is why DnF's economy > DFO's.

Atleast there I could afford purple weapons for both pvp and pve on my spitfire.

inorite. walked in the auction house and saw purples for low levels for <20k. twas awesome.

Faith 12-29-2009 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buta (Post 1107219)
inorite. walked in the auction house and saw purples for low levels for <20k. twas awesome.

Which practically quadruples when you hit lvl 40... 100k -> 400k

;_;

Dani 12-29-2009 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faith (Post 1109087)
Which practically quadruples when you hit lvl 40... 100k -> 400k

;_;

Usually by then I have a few mil. `-`

Faith 12-30-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dani (Post 1109195)
Usually by then I have a few mil. `-`

I had 150k by then. /wrist

Spent it upgrading my useless scythe (1 -> 6, back to 5, 5->7)

Now I need 1 more mill to buy polar bear costume.

Dani 12-30-2009 11:52 PM

... Good luck with that, lol.