ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Dungeon Fighter > Dungeon Fighter General Chat

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-17-2009   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Class: Sieg
Level: 56+
Default Let the stupidity and frustration rain.

Whether it be something annoying that happened during your play or some total jackass you met, let it all be known here.

I'll start off with a few things that all happened recently...

So a couple days ago I was in this second spine party and I was impressed by my ability to remain unscathed for almost the entire stage. I got hit about 5 times in total but man, this guy wouldn't let my couple hits go through...

(I'd also like to say that if I went by his words of getting hit less than him. I'd have a large threshold...)
It's funny because he was at half health by the 4th room. He was either waiting to flame me the whole time out of spite or just a total ****. I'm glad he wasn't in the next picture's second spine run...

So you know those guys who AFK in a stage to abuse the lack of a kick function? Well this guy upped the ******* notch by both walking around and talking shit to my other teammates who actually talked back to him, while also displaying his lack of taste for humor... (He's the one at max HP)

You have to be really, really bored to find this funny alone. He sat at his desk alone thinking "Hey, I'm going to go into this stage and talk about how hurting the monsters is wrong and just walk around." This is one of those situations where I really hope the guy was on a vent or something. I can kind of see myself doing something like that if I was at least talking about it with someone but to do it alone is... saddening to me. I felt bad for him. At least the ones who just AFK are elsewhere.

Also this...

*Shrugs* My DFO closed randomly and this was the message I got when I logged back in. Hell if I know what it means.
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-17-2009   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

I noticed that you got Deadly Enticer.

11-17-2009   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA
I noticed that you got Deadly Enticer.
Not only that, I've been making good use of it and am discovering some things about it. That's off-topic though.
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

11-24-2009   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

This thread was built mainly for me so I can complain. Some bouts of stupidity and idiocy I cannot contain bottled up but first...

What the hell does this error mean? I've gotten it maybe... 11 times since DFO has opened up. Never sure why.

Onward to complaints or rather idiocy or perhaps more accurately, just a plain rude and uncooperative person. The screenshots pretty much tell the story...

Spoiler!

Also, what's with the people in individual or "brawl" PvP matches that just sit in the corner and wait till everyone kills the others off? Sure you pretty much gather a 100% win but what does that get you? Experience towards nothing since having a high PvP level means absolutely nothing at the moment. Besides, after 1 or 2 rounds, everyone gangs up on whoever is just waiting and then they start complaining and whining that they are getting ganged up on. It's out of this world silly. PvP for fun, not to show off a PvP rank that could easily be farmed.

11-24-2009   #5 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
if you post screenshots from game conversations and the screenshot has the potential to offend please censor the names.
. .

11-24-2009   #6 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

The individual thing is stupid, which is why I despise free-for-all, many people (by many, I mean RoflKnife, Faithy, and Zeke) simply stay behind the barrels in the corners of Tavern and wait. It's that, or they constantly spam out projectiles or long ranged moves. It's funny the first time, afterwords, it's just stupid and annoying because you aren't doing anything.

And the full bars but lagging party thing happened to me. DFO's been stupid since the patch.

11-24-2009   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by buta
. .
Pfft, none of them come to this forum and besides, if I may say something, You can't take offense to something you did. I am not adding insults or anything (I did call him/her rude but I said that in-game too.), everything on that post is strictly from the conversation we already had. I will only censor the name if someone takes offense to it.

Quote:
The individual thing is stupid, which is why I despise free-for-all, many people (by many, I mean RoflKnife, Faithy, and Zeke) simply stay behind the barrels in the corners of Tavern and wait. It's that, or they constantly spam out projectiles or long ranged moves. It's funny the first time, afterwords, it's just stupid and annoying because you aren't doing anything.

And the full bars but lagging party thing happened to me. DFO's been stupid since the patch.
Tell me about it, I was just doing a ind-- excuse me, "brawl" a little awhile ago and it was a room filled with Asuras. I am an Asura myself but I was the ONLY one who was attacking people. Each one took a corner and sat there while I went about killing them one by one. I'm a hugely aggressive Asura for the main reason being that I have to, since an Asura with no cast speed can't just out-range people.

Also, that person had 0 bars to the room master. She outright said it. Am I the only one who knows well enough that if you lag to the room master and he lags to you that YOU need to leave? If the room master starts to lag so to will all the mobs and they won't stop lagging until you leave. You send data that you're hitting a mob but the room master doesn't get it so the mobs stay in limbo. This can happen without the room master being involved too but it's more common sense unless the room master really is just ridiculously laggy.

11-24-2009   #8 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

I considered that theory, but I never thought it was valid until now mainly because I was in denial of the fact DFO would use the same P2P system as Grand Chase.

11-25-2009   #9 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

. . . Hiding in FFA is how I PROFIT~!

Random parties. The chance of something FFFFing up is equal to the chance that you will play DFO tomorrow.

11-25-2009   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
. . . Hiding in FFA is how I PROFIT~!

Random parties. The chance of something FFFFing up is equal to the chance that you will play DFO tomorrow.
Stop proving the point that very few play for fun and instead want to get their fictional recognition by the game's ranking system! How are you supposed to get better if your fight time is essentially the last 3 seconds of the match when the last person is near dead? *Baffled* (Yes you can get better in "brawl." It's how I learned how to fight on the Y-axis.)

I like playing with level 20s and such on my team when the other team is all level 40s, it's challenging and while it may be frustrating for the level 20s, it's so much more of a loss for the 40s when they lose. It's probably a good learning experience for the 20s as well. No more discrimination, stop kicking the low levels and let them fight! Most people won't even fight someone if their PvP rank isn't high enough because they don't want to lose exp-- it's worthless people, fight whoever!

11-25-2009   #11 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games
Bloodline ChampionsLeague of LegendsRift: Planes of TelaraS4 League

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold
IGN: coolbeans
Class: boss lt_gunslinger
Level: ∞
Guild: kool kids klub

I got called a scammer when someone tried to buy wind dreamer shoulders for 44k. <_<

11-25-2009   #12 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Farming 1 v 1 wins are better than FFAs, if you wanted the ranks. You can get better by playing Elims.

11-26-2009   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

I need to ask and it's also a complaint, what is up with the ridiculous usage of FPS? My FPS in PvP goes all over the place a lot of the time, making it so hard if not near impossible to PvP.

In most Peer to peer games FPS is used to keep players in sync while input delay and warping are used as well. I can play in 4v4s in PvP and not lag but it's very rare to get so many people that all don't lag to me so I usually stay in 3v3 and below. However, despite being fully aware that this is a result of connection and not a result of my computer being a hunk of junk, I'm curious to what specifically triggers it in this game.

I see videos of PvP where people's FPS drops to like 8 for like 10 seconds, so I know it happens to other people. I've been in PvP and gotten a huge spike and heard people say "lag" and I often wonder, did they all experience it to or am I alone on it? Are people desyncing with me this often? Is it my fault? Is it on their end? Are they blocking my IP. (I know a lot of people in US versions of games don't open ports or anything like that)

I know there is no 100% fix since I know it is part of the game's functionality but I wonder if there is someway to make it less of an impact because I am useless in probably 60% of the PvP rooms.

(I've also noticed my FPS dropping seems to make me difficult to hit in PvP but I can see the other player usually moving much more fluidly than me and obviously not effected by FPS and probably just seeing me warp or something.)

02-03-2010   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

I haven't posted in here for awhile so I guess I'll put something in here since this forum is horribly dead.

This isn't much but I just got out of PvP and decided to fight one last person and after the match he said this...

So greatly did I want to reply saying "What the hell makes you think you have the right to judge who can be a good Asura?"

I didn't even know he was an Asura when he came into the room because he was using a great sword. It wasn't until I saw an ice wave that I became enlightened. I hate mirror matches and sadly, like all mirror matches I lost the first time but I did beat him the second time.

::Spoiler:: He wasn't a particularly good Asura-- sure as hell didn't do anything that impressed me. For those keeping score, Good Asura means beating me into the ground like you should since I suck.

Last edited by Skiegh; 02-03-2010 at 11:04 PM.

02-06-2010   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Vioded is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Vioded Send a message via Skype™ to Vioded
IGN: zekiel0
Class: templar lt_templar
Level: 110
Guild: Nutmeg, Hobos
Xfire: vioded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiegh
I need to ask and it's also a complaint, what is up with the ridiculous usage of FPS? My FPS in PvP goes all over the place a lot of the time, making it so hard if not near impossible to PvP.

In most Peer to peer games FPS is used to keep players in sync while input delay and warping are used as well. I can play in 4v4s in PvP and not lag but it's very rare to get so many people that all don't lag to me so I usually stay in 3v3 and below. However, despite being fully aware that this is a result of connection and not a result of my computer being a hunk of junk, I'm curious to what specifically triggers it in this game.

I see videos of PvP where people's FPS drops to like 8 for like 10 seconds, so I know it happens to other people. I've been in PvP and gotten a huge spike and heard people say "lag" and I often wonder, did they all experience it to or am I alone on it? Are people desyncing with me this often? Is it my fault? Is it on their end? Are they blocking my IP. (I know a lot of people in US versions of games don't open ports or anything like that)

I know there is no 100% fix since I know it is part of the game's functionality but I wonder if there is someway to make it less of an impact because I am useless in probably 60% of the PvP rooms.

(I've also noticed my FPS dropping seems to make me difficult to hit in PvP but I can see the other player usually moving much more fluidly than me and obviously not effected by FPS and probably just seeing me warp or something.)
I get spikes in every thing I do, because now I use another computer but this computer was able to make me get some party games. I still get shitty connections (my comp is at fualt here 1G ram is not enough), gots 8 25+ chars and I can't pvp for lols, all I can do is lv up solo and hope to find rares not in the mood to farm yet either.

02-06-2010   #16 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vioded
I get spikes in every thing I do, because now I use another computer but this computer was able to make me get some party games. I still get shitty connections (my comp is at fualt here 1G ram is not enough), gots 8 25+ chars and I can't pvp for lols, all I can do is lv up solo and hope to find rares not in the mood to farm yet either.
Fixed the problem that you quoted awhile ago. Turns out of the FPS drop was not a way of resyncing and just my computer having a faulty driver.

02-06-2010   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Vioded is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Vioded Send a message via Skype™ to Vioded
IGN: zekiel0
Class: templar lt_templar
Level: 110
Guild: Nutmeg, Hobos
Xfire: vioded

LOL graphics? or everything?

02-06-2010   #18 (permalink)
Mind's Eye
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsDragon NestTrickster Online
Awards Facebook FanPervert Award

Zeke will become famous soon enoughZeke will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via MSN to Zeke
IGN: Azel
Class: Blind Man
Level: xx

The Economy makes me rage.

02-06-2010   #19 (permalink)
Orange
Games
4StoryACE OnlineAdventure Quest WorldsAge of Armor
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Faith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke
The Economy makes me rage.
This. Major bot fest.

02-07-2010   #20 (permalink)
Mind's Eye
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsDragon NestTrickster Online
Awards Facebook FanPervert Award

Zeke will become famous soon enoughZeke will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via MSN to Zeke
IGN: Azel
Class: Blind Man
Level: xx

Theres a huge jump from lvl 40 to 45 purples. My lvl 40 short sword is on average 650k. THe lvl 45 short sword somehow is 15mil OTL