ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Dungeon Fighter > Dungeon Fighter General Chat

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-24-2009   #1 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation
Default Bravo, DFO devs.

Tried a solo normal run of GBL hatchery, hoping it wasn't as hard as the GBL library boss, or the lab dungeon. Dungeon was very easy. Then I hit the boss. Seemed easy, but had a noticeable amount more of health. Got him down to 2 bars, then he said a small speech and stabbed himself, unmoving and became invulnerable. Summoned some more mobs. That's new. Big whoop though, I just killed a few, but I saw a countdown timer above the boss. Bosses + Countdown timers, they're never a good thing.

So I stayed away from him, and turns out, he just kills all the remaining mobs and heals himself back to full health. And buffs himself. What the hell? Whittled his health back down to 2 bars again, and he stabs himself again. And summons those ministers from Behemoth this time. I see the countdown timer again, and I thought he'd buff himself AGAIN and heal, so I looked around the stage, maybe there was something I had to hit to stop him. (Killing all the summon mobs was a no go, it's on normal, and I can't even kill half the mobs fast enough....they can't be THAT stupid to make a mechanic like that...)

Nothing, and none of the mobs died. He didn't buff himself again as far as I could tell, and didn't regain HP. Except that priest in the foreground became a mob. With 4 bars of HP, mini boss. And had a nice name in which just by reading, you know it was some bastardly tough one. He was a monk, and used the Will Driver stun, along with a ridiculously buffed version of Lucky Straight, which I was lucky I survived with like 50 HP when it connected. At least his AI was stupid. Then killed the boss.

All in all, very interesting fun boss fight. But bloody hard. It was only normal, and intended for soloing, but I still used like 5 pots. If all future bosses are like this, I'd be happy, and sad at the same time.

Yes, I was so pleased with this boss fight, that I had to make a post about it. =D

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-24-2009   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Class: Sieg
Level: 56+

Yeah, it's a difficult/fun boss fight but I wouldn't get your hopes up too much about future bosses. Though, I will say that Bwanga's camp is the best stage in the game for me. Bwanga is the man, enough said.

I wouldn't suggest trying to solo Hatchery above expert or you'll be fighting all day since the boss has a ridiculous regen topped with his healing/summoning.
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

10-25-2009   #3 (permalink)
Orange
Games
4StoryACE OnlineAdventure Quest WorldsAge of Armor
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Faith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of light

It's a good time to heed the warning regarding the amount of members in your party that it recommends

10-25-2009   #4 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games
Bloodline ChampionsLeague of LegendsRift: Planes of TelaraS4 League

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold
IGN: coolbeans
Class: boss lt_gunslinger
Level: ∞
Guild: kool kids klub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith
It's a good time to heed the warning regarding the amount of members in your party that it recommends
Kings GBL Arad branch with a level 34, two level 35s and one level 38. We used 4 tokens total. `-`

10-25-2009   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolWut
Kings GBL Arad branch with a level 34, two level 35s and one level 38. We used 4 tokens total. `-`
On Arad branch!? That stage is so short how do you die 4 times?

Anyways my Crusader is getting into the GBL stuff soon so add Valigar if you want to make the stages a moot point because the buffs in this game are so outrageously godly. (Two 35+ berserkers and Blademasters are the best buffed class)
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

10-25-2009   #6 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiegh
on arad branch!? That stage is so short how do you die 4 times?
dat fireball
dat lightning
dat freeze
dose summons

;_;

10-25-2009   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolWut
dat fireball
dat lightning
dat freeze
dose summons

;_;
Don't remember Isadora having a freeze attack. The fireball is easy to avoid, since she marks the area with a circle, and the fireball comes down slowly anyway. The summons are annoying, but they're easy to get rid of once you kill the Corrupt GBLs, the GBL Collosus, and the Witch.

The lightning is stupid though >_>

10-25-2009   #8 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA
Don't remember Isadora having a freeze attack. The fireball is easy to avoid, since she marks the area with a circle, and the fireball comes down slowly anyway. The summons are annoying, but they're easy to get rid of once you kill the Corrupt GBLs, the GBL Collosus, and the Witch.

The lightning is stupid though >_>
Dunno, I got frozen a couple times, probably by those pesky summons. @_@

10-25-2009   #9 (permalink)
Vicious Yetituff
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEden EternalLeague of LegendsLunia
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

Gaiety will become famous soon enough

The lightning and freeze is Spirit Explosion. Isadora has a different voice warning for her summons and her deadly spells (Fireball, spirit explosion), so pay attention to what she's saying.

General strategy is to clear the adds and try not to die. Then you can take Isadora out fairly easily. If you're getting overrun by summons, wait for her to explode them, them rush her.

10-26-2009   #10 (permalink)
Angelic Healer~
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaVindictus

Allea has a spectacular aura aboutAllea has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaiety
The lightning and freeze is Spirit Explosion. Isadora has a different voice warning for her summons and her deadly spells (Fireball, spirit explosion), so pay attention to what she's saying.

General strategy is to clear the adds and try not to die. Then you can take Isadora out fairly easily. If you're getting overrun by summons, wait for her to explode them, them rush her.
I think if she uses spirit explosion but if all summons are killed before she fully casts it, she will damage herself, at least that's what I saw when she uses it and we killed spirits before she fully casts it.

On-topic: Vangelis (hatchery boss) will only heal if you do not kill the female GBL Zealots and etc., before the first countdown runs out.

IGNs: League of Legends: Allea
~Arigato KratosAurion-san.

Last edited by Allea; 10-26-2009 at 12:24 PM.

10-26-2009   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Is that even possible when soloing Masters or Kings? I can't remember whether the GBL Zealots were there at the start or if Vangelis summons them.

I also wonder if you can destroy the monk before he gets ressurected by Vangelis. The platform he's on is just like the Fighters and Slayers you have to rescue, so I wonder if it can be destroyed. I've never tried it myself.

10-26-2009   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA
Is that even possible when soloing Masters or Kings? I can't remember whether the GBL Zealots were there at the start or if Vangelis summons them.

I also wonder if you can destroy the monk before he gets ressurected by Vangelis. The platform he's on is just like the Fighters and Slayers you have to rescue, so I wonder if it can be destroyed. I've never tried it myself.
I would wager that most will not be able to consistently kill the GBL spawns within the 15 or so timer.

I have had the second stab go without the monk awakening but I believe it was because I hit the boss during the countdown which I didn't think was possible. Perhaps there are a few frames where you can hit him, dunno.

10-27-2009   #13 (permalink)
Angelic Healer~
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaVindictus

Allea has a spectacular aura aboutAllea has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiegh
I would wager that most will not be able to consistently kill the GBL spawns within the 15 or so timer.

I have had the second stab go without the monk awakening but I believe it was because I hit the boss during the countdown which I didn't think was possible. Perhaps there are a few frames where you can hit him, dunno.
I thought he has invincible frames when the countdown goes but I guess he does have a few openings?, and you can't hit the monk before it gets summoned/awakened.

But anyways, fun fact: foreign versions of DnF/Arad for the Temple of Apostasy, it's level 45 to start on GBL Arad Branch quests and unlocking it. With level 60 cap that is. I just looked up a few youtube videos and those mobs are level 48+.

IGNs: League of Legends: Allea
~Arigato KratosAurion-san.

10-27-2009   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Looks like I won't be able to solo Hatchery until after the lv60 patch then. It's fairly safe to say that you've lost if you failed to kill Vangelis's adds, because they not only heal them, but they buff his defenses too. With Vangelis's regen rate, you would either lose or take ages to kill him.