ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Dungeon Fighter > Dungeon Fighter General Chat

Iris Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Iris Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-24-2009   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

TraderJoe will become famous soon enough
IGN: Cleveritis
Class: Meister
Level: 88/26
Guild: FrenchBread
Default So I haven't played in like a month.

Is the grinding still insane compared to other versions?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-24-2009   #2 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Yes, it is.

It is hinted we will get a curve soon, however.

10-24-2009   #3 (permalink)
Everywhere to me
Special
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook Fan

Naps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Naps Send a message via Skype™ to Naps

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotKaZE

It is hinted we "might" get a curve soon.
lol thats better

10-24-2009   #4 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by naps
lol thats better
WE WILL GET AN EXPERIENCE CURVE.

FOR ANYTHING TO BE IN LIFE, YOU MUST STATE IT AS IF IT WILL HAPPEN.
a.

10-24-2009   #5 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games
Bloodline ChampionsLeague of LegendsRift: Planes of TelaraS4 League

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold
IGN: coolbeans
Class: boss lt_gunslinger
Level: ∞
Guild: kool kids klub

I checked your level out via friendslist and it said you were only level 21. A bit early to be whining. Get to level 39 and then you can start whining.

10-24-2009   #6 (permalink)
Everywhere to me
Special

Naps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud of

low 20s is actually at bit more frustrating compared to high 20s and low 30s

after 27, u will have a good skill set to make runs fun and enjoyable

10-24-2009   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolWut
I checked your level out via friendslist and it said you were only level 21. A bit early to be whining. Get to level 39 and then you can start whining.
It's not really hard but more like boring and absolutely frustrating. When you get to the golem boss after using all your tokens and he nails you with x2 400 damage hits, you cry.
And I wasn't asking about my level directly, just grinding in general compared to other versions.

10-24-2009   #8 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraderJoe
It's not really hard but more like boring and absolutely frustrating. When you get to the golem boss after using all your tokens and he nails you with x2 400 damage hits, you cry.
And I wasn't asking about my level directly, just grinding in general compared to other versions.
The golem boss with his two hit combo... seriously?

You will cry your heart out when you reach Castellan's Chamber with Sieghart. He will randomly concentrate lightning on one area around him after you accidentally attempted to combo on him and will cry to your hearts content when at least six lightning strikes you all at once for more than enough damage to kill you three times over.

10-24-2009   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:

You will cry your heart out when you reach Castellan's Chamber with Sieghart. He will randomly concentrate lightning on one area around him after you accidentally attempted to combo on him and will cry to your hearts content when at least six lightning strikes you all at once for more than enough damage to kill you three times over.
It's not even 2 hits actually.

He does that tackle dash + pummel combo that hits me for like 800+ damage, and I only have about 950 HP. By the boss I'd have only 600-700HP.

10-24-2009   #10 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

GBL Arad Branch's boss is WAY harder than Sieghart.

HURR HURR GIGANTIC FIRE BALL
HURR HURR LIGHTNING WITH SUBTLE TEXT WARNING THAT DOESNT GIVE YOU ENOUGH TIME TO DODGE
HURR HURR SUMMONS

10-24-2009   #11 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Character and class.
If you're a Fighter, I will feel your pain as a Nen Master, rage as a Striker, OTL as a Brawler, and cry as a Grappler.
If Slayer, what is this, I don't even.
If Gunner, get out.
If Mage, start partying.
If Priest, doing it wrong if Exorcist, doing it even more wrong as a Monk, something's obviously wrong if Crusader.

Something's also wrong if you used all your tokens in a run, or used your tokens more than once before the boss.

It's also blatantly obvious when he's about to pummel you.

10-24-2009   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Character and class.
If you're a Fighter, I will feel your pain as a Nen Master, rage as a Striker, OTL as a Brawler, and cry as a Grappler.
If Slayer, what is this, I don't even.
If Gunner, get out.
If Mage, start partying.
If Priest, doing it wrong if Exorcist, doing it even more wrong as a Monk, something's obviously wrong if Crusader.

Something's also wrong if you used all your tokens in a run, or used your tokens more than once before the boss.

It's also blatantly obvious when he's about to pummel you.
I'm a spitfire, what of it?

It's confusing when he's about to use his tackle. Either he just stands there or pummels or spintackles and pummels, it's random and it catches me off guard.

My regular attacks only do like 50-70 or so damage to all the enemies, so it takes me ages to kill everything. I can't keep them knocked back so they just super armor my hits and proceed to kill me.
My grenade also only does like 200-300 damage and it doesn't even KB/stun anything.

10-24-2009   #13 (permalink)
Everywhere to me
Special

golem boss definitely made me cry as a grappler, gunners usuallly have the upper hand in golems as they have the range, if you see them cast super armor, or that red shield thing, jus walk vertically

o god, walking vertically ;_;

10-24-2009   #14 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Okay, here's the deal.

As a Fighter, my normal attacks on a SOLID GOLEM does about 100-200, around the level you get Golem.
Once you kill Golem Commander and turn the golems into GOLEM SOULS, my attacks do reach 400-600, same level.

IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY, Spitfires endow bullets with elements. Elements = magic.
SOLID GOLEMS HAVE HIGH PHYSICAL RESISTANCE.
GOLEM SOULS HAVE HIGH MAGICAL RESISTANCE.

What I THINK you are doing is killing the Golem Commander first. Next time, just kill them.
If that's not the case, I don't know yet.

Also, Golems have high HIT RECOVERY TO ALMOST EVERYTHING. Even as a Fighter, I'll whiff most of my combos because they are FAT and they DON'T LIKE TO STAND STILL.

I might also mention that you should be assuming the worst with the Gold Platoni. IF HE RAISES HIS HANDS AT ANY TIME, IMMEDIATELY MOVE OUT OF HIS X-AXIS RANGE. THIS IS ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT IF YOU CAN'T HIT HIM QUICKLY OUT OF SUPER ARMOR. As a Gunner of any kind, I think all you have to do is shoot quickly, move, repeat. Hell, even jump-shooting will make life easier.

Edit: Grapplers should have the easiest time in Golem stage. Simply grab. Grab Cannon will also interrupt Gold Platoni.

10-24-2009   #15 (permalink)
Everywhere to me
Special

but in kings with the high miss ratio, i sometimes ended missing 4-5 grabs in a row

10-24-2009   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
What I THINK you are doing is killing the Golem Commander first. Next time, just kill them.
Lol, oops. The Golem commander is irritating and he uses that rock pillar thing that pisses you off so I just pick him off first. :r

That's what's irritating about Spitfire. I'd have magic attack for like 6 shots then back to physical.

10-24-2009   #17 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

If you kill the golem commander first, you won't get any exp from the souls either.

10-24-2009   #18 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Then what I highly suggest is wasting those six bullets to kill the Commander, then using only physical attacks on the Golem Souls. It will probably take longer than if you were to just spam element bullets on Solid Golems, but I don't think you have a method of killing the damn stamping golems yet either way.

On the giant sliding ones though, I suggest doing endow bullets. They're slow, they're immobile, most of the time, the only other golem in the room will be the stamping ones, which you can see where they land from a mile away.

10-24-2009   #19 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Spam attacks on the boss to interrupt everything, save possibly the pillars. Even his super armor can be interrupted, IF you hit him during the very first few start up frames of his attacks.

10-24-2009   #20 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games

Just party if it's that hard.

A good party should be able to keep him flinched the entire time.