ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Dungeon Fighter > Dungeon Fighter General Chat

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-24-2009   #21 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudaranai
If you kill the golem commander first, you won't get any exp from the souls either.
You never get exp from souls, but you get exp from the golems when the commander dies.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-24-2009   #22 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

It's extremely easy to beat Gold Platoni. Mash X, throw in a grenade here and there, and when he pulls his arms back, backstep cancel and walk vertically out of the way.

If you're losing to the Golem Souls, then you're doing something very wrong. You can easily group them up and send them flying with a grenade, then juggle them to death with X attacks. Just pause before the finishing shot, then start again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraderJoe
Lol, oops. The Golem commander is irritating and he uses that rock pillar thing that pisses you off so I just pick him off first. :r

That's what's irritating about Spitfire. I'd have magic attack for like 6 shots then back to physical.
Should be way more if you leveled them up...

What I find odd is how low your dmg is. Even your standard G-14 Buster grendades should be doing at least 400+ dmg, since it's fixed magic dmg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolWut
GBL Arad Branch's boss is WAY harder than Sieghart.

HURR HURR GIGANTIC FIRE BALL
HURR HURR LIGHTNING WITH SUBTLE TEXT WARNING THAT DOESNT GIVE YOU ENOUGH TIME TO DODGE
HURR HURR SUMMONS
Heh, congrats on hitting lv34. Good luck with the rest of the GBL stages... you'll need it.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 10-24-2009 at 11:47 PM.

10-24-2009   #23 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Class: Sieg
Level: 56+

If I may interject with a very easy strategy for beating the golem boss. It's what I did with my Grappler and my Crusader. Obviously, clear the enemies first by killing the commander and herding the souls. Once they're done, check on the boss and if he doesn't have super armor on just get close to him and attack. He should only lift his arms up to try and do his slow melee attack. If you hear a sound which I can't really describe, cancel your attack into a backstep because that sound means he is going to summon pillars below you.

Now, after you damage the golem he will go into super armor mode for set intervals of damage. When he does this, you'll see a small red bar above his head, this is his super armor's HP. During this time, you need to damage him as quickly as possible with your skills, one or two decent skills should do it and it should disperse and you can continue your basic spam.

Missing with the exception of grapplers and their throws won't really mess you up much as the golem's melee attack is very slow and even one or two misses won't give him the time to get the attack off.

So really, the key to this boss is simplicity. Spamming skills is just a good way to die. Use the skills during super armor and that's it unless you have a quick and easy skill that goes well into your basic attacks without leaving you open.
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

10-26-2009   #24 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

Quote:
Originally Posted by buta
You never get exp from souls, but you get exp from the golems when the commander dies.
o, I had no idea. I just remember not seeing any exp after killing those annoying souls.

10-26-2009   #25 (permalink)
Symphony's Pedobear
Special
Games
Kingdom of Loathing

Astenhof is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Astenhof Send a message via MSN to Astenhof
IGN: Lazlo, Astenhof Karinnean
Class: Chanter, Pugilist (10)
Level: 30, 13
Guild: Burning Angels, (Forgot the game ):)

I would have to say, leveling is a pain in the ass until you get access to floating castle. I grinded (quite easily) on a soulbender by soloing floating castle on masters difficulty. Once you hit 27, leveling is a BREEZE, since outer wall is a cake walk. Past that, it gets mildly annoying as the dungeons get harder, but it doesn't really suck until Purgatorium (or however the hell its spelled).

DFO: Astenhof 35 Soulbender, DoomPig 14 (going mechanic)

10-26-2009   #26 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute

You'll cry at 31, 0% with no quests.

Teehee.

10-26-2009   #27 (permalink)
Everywhere to me
Special
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook Fan

Naps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Naps Send a message via Skype™ to Naps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astenhof
I would have to say, leveling is a pain in the ass until you get access to floating castle. I grinded (quite easily) on a soulbender by soloing floating castle on masters difficulty. Once you hit 27, leveling is a BREEZE, since outer wall is a cake walk. Past that, it gets mildly annoying as the dungeons get harder, but it doesn't really suck until Purgatorium (or however the hell its spelled).
i found purg to be a lot easier than forest, cause those suprise buttsex trees are extremely annoying

10-26-2009   #28 (permalink)
Symphony's Pedobear
Special
Games
Kingdom of Loathing

I found if you're behind the trees, they immediately uproot. And I am level 31, and I have cried ]:

10-26-2009   #29 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games

We all shall cry together.

10-26-2009   #30 (permalink)
Symphony's Pedobear
Special
Games
Kingdom of Loathing

/wraps arm around your shoulder and cries

10-26-2009   #31 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiegh
If I may interject with a very easy strategy for beating the golem boss. It's what I did with my Grappler and my Crusader. Obviously, clear the enemies first by killing the commander and herding the souls. Once they're done, check on the boss and if he doesn't have super armor on just get close to him and attack. He should only lift his arms up to try and do his slow melee attack. If you hear a sound which I can't really describe, cancel your attack into a backstep because that sound means he is going to summon pillars below you.

Now, after you damage the golem he will go into super armor mode for set intervals of damage. When he does this, you'll see a small red bar above his head, this is his super armor's HP. During this time, you need to damage him as quickly as possible with your skills, one or two decent skills should do it and it should disperse and you can continue your basic spam.

Missing with the exception of grapplers and their throws won't really mess you up much as the golem's melee attack is very slow and even one or two misses won't give him the time to get the attack off.

So really, the key to this boss is simplicity. Spamming skills is just a good way to die. Use the skills during super armor and that's it unless you have a quick and easy skill that goes well into your basic attacks without leaving you open.
The cool thing is, Strikers can just Super Armor his attacks and keep pounding away with XXXX -> Cancel - Low Kick. Throwing in Power Fist easily breaks down his super armor. The only problem you might encounter is simply something like those damn pillars, but this can be avoided by doing forward X to attack and move out of the way.

10-26-2009   #32 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games
Bloodline ChampionsLeague of LegendsRift: Planes of TelaraS4 League

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold
IGN: coolbeans
Class: boss lt_gunslinger
Level: ∞
Guild: kool kids klub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudaranai
You'll cry at 31, 0% with no quests.

Teehee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astenhof
I found if you're behind the trees, they immediately uproot. And I am level 31, and I have cried ]:
Level 39, 11M exp.

Pretty sure there are several level 39s that are on these forums.

SUP BWANGA
SUP ICE HEART

10-26-2009   #33 (permalink)
Vicious Yetituff
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEden EternalLeague of LegendsLunia
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

Gaiety will become famous soon enough

You're really pushing this level 39 thing.

Level 31 is a massive grind because there are no new quests, and only a Lv30 Silver Night daily quest, an extremely annoying stage for classes who are not adept at air attacks, forcing them to hit the Behemoth and pray that he starts moving upward. You're stuck running Silver Night, Purgatorium, or EVEN MORE of those solo Outer Walls Kings runs that you've been doing for the past 4 levels.

At level 39, quests at Aphelia Post bring you to about 25%, plus you get a Shallow Keep daily. On top of that, you have the option of running Frozenheart (boring but fast exp, as well as incredible item farming), Ryku Camp (decent stage, repeatable quests for gold and pots), Bwanga's Camp (the best stage in the game), or Shallow Keep.

Stop exaggerating the grind at level 39 when you're only 34; let the people who are actually at 39

10-26-2009   #34 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaiety
You're really pushing this level 39 thing.

Level 31 is a massive grind because there are no new quests, and only a Lv30 Silver Night daily quest, an extremely annoying stage for classes who are not adept at air attacks, forcing them to hit the Behemoth and pray that he starts moving upward. You're stuck running Silver Night, Purgatorium, or EVEN MORE of those solo Outer Walls Kings runs that you've been doing for the past 4 levels.

At level 39, quests at Aphelia Post bring you to about 25%, plus you get a Shallow Keep daily. On top of that, you have the option of running Frozenheart (boring but fast exp, as well as incredible item farming), Ryku Camp (decent stage, repeatable quests for gold and pots), Bwanga's Camp (the best stage in the game), or Shallow Keep.

Stop exaggerating the grind at level 39 when you're only 34; let the people who are actually at 39
Another Bwanga's camp enthusiast! It is indeed the best stage in the game or at least the most fun. I don't know why specifically but Bwanga is the man.

Also, did I imagine it or did the summoned snakes in Bwanga give experience a few days ago? They don't now but I was positive they were giving me experience. I went to go farm them yesterday because I thought it would be amazing experience because I remember being baffled that they gave exp when they spawn in the thousands but I must of imagined it.

Edit: I'm 39, it's not so bad. I basically log on my grappler, do the daily for aphelia and log off. 40 is the cap so what's the point in grinding when you can just do the quest run each day? NONE.
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

10-26-2009   #35 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiegh
Edit: I'm 39, it's not so bad. I basically log on my grappler, do the daily for aphelia and log off. 40 is the cap so what's the point in grinding when you can just do the quest run each day? NONE.
What he said. With dailies, the grind isn't really bad. What I did for 31-35 (And still do now...) is do the dailies, any normal quests I still have, log off and do something else, even if I still have half my fatigue left. Unless I really like a stage, has great exp, or some other factor motivating me, I'm not gonna grind a stage.

31 was slow for me. Hated Silver Night, horrible place for my class. Did the daily, possibly do another run if I had more coins, then logged.

10-26-2009   #36 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games
Bloodline ChampionsLeague of LegendsRift: Planes of TelaraS4 League

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold
IGN: coolbeans
Class: boss lt_gunslinger
Level: ∞
Guild: kool kids klub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaiety

31 wasn't that bad TBH, it took two days, baw.

And I guess I might be pushing 39 a bit too much, but if you look at it from my stand point, it's pretty bad. It took me TWO years of playing Lunia to even hit 60 for the first time. That's TWO summers. I took a four months break total. And no, I barely PvP'd. The highest PvP level on any of my characters was like 10 or 11, not sure. Now, let's look at MapleStory. Played it since around '05 and quit around '07-'08. My final level? 55. Yes, I'm that bad at grinding.

Now, let's look at DFO. I can only play on three days, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Half of the time, I don't even use up all my fatigue. No, I can't go on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday to do my dailys, I don't have time for that. I have homework, extracurriculars, sports, etc.

FREE TIME?

Oh, and it flatters me that you would put ME on your friends list. It really does. Either that or you just heard about it from somewhere else. If that were the case, I cry. (we're tight right? ;-

If only Nexon hosted the damn game during the summer.

10-26-2009   #37 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games

Escaped Silver night, just to get violated by tentacles. This came is cruel. At least the boss is less annoying.

10-26-2009   #38 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolWut
A good party
This doesn't exist in DFO. Srsly.

Anyways, as a Mage, I've always had it easy in a party...sort of. (Elementalist here). I spam Lantern Firebomb for almost 1k. Then Fire Pillar for 700-ish. You can also control, during the charge, where to aim it. In ANY direction. So I could stand vertical under the Golem Boss and hold -> and ^ and constantly kill him. Not to mention I have Mobile Casting that allows me to charge ANY skill while moving.

10-26-2009   #39 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumiko
This doesn't exist in DFO. Srsly.
Nonsense, I was in a party with a Berserker who (After I buffed him of course) did 1,600 damage basics and since he hits 6 times within his quick little basic string-- yeah, pretty nice. And THAT'S why Berserkers are the superior buffed class. (He also rained down lightning like no tomorrow)

Truthfully though I can say with confidence the average party in DFO is far superior to the average party in Lunia which is just a nice piece of relief for me.

Quote:
Now, let's look at DFO. I can only play on three days, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Half of the time, I don't even use up all my fatigue. No, I can't go on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday to do my dailys, I don't have time for that. I have homework, extracurriculars, sports, etc.

FREE TIME?
Silly Lolwut, companies don't market MMOs towards people with lives! How completely silly of you to assume otherwise.

Sports don't fall into a free time activity for you? I always liked sports...

10-26-2009   #40 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy

Party wise because it's much easier dodging and not dying on DnF than it is on Lunia. :v You only get 3 lives and no extra res stones, with the exception of CS. Not to mention the max monsters I've gotten on one screen so far is 10. It can be 30s+ for Lunia. Yeah... :v