ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Dungeon Fighter General Chat (http://ggftw.com/forum/dungeon-fighter-general-chat/)
-   -   DFO Wiki Information (http://ggftw.com/forum/dungeon-fighter-general-chat/59012-dfo-wiki-information.html)

Nihil679 09-26-2009 09:54 PM

DFO Wiki Information

Alright, so I decided to get off my ass during the break and do something more productive while I wait for frustration/wasted fatigue (lol, doubtful).

SO, instead of making a new character/PvP'ing/doing my homework, I decided to start with the DFO Wiki.

Now, what I need people to do is:
Check the Wiki to see what parts I'm missing (it would help if you checked DnF Wiki to see what parts THEY'RE missing, because that's what I'm using as reference to update the Wiki also).
Go play DFO.
As you level up skills, record all the essential stuff, such as description (will be handy, since I only play Fighter -> Brawler, plus the DnF Wiki is loltranslatedbygoogle), level requirement, attacks, etc.
Post them here.

ALTERNATIVELY:
double check parts already on our Wiki and tell me what's not correct, etc.

It helps if you PM me anything that's not information and questions, etc., as opposed to posting here, because I'm lazy to scroll around. Just being honest with you.

As for equipments/items, be cool if you only post purple equipment and all other items. I'm just thinking, but Blue and White probably have randomized stats. /me shrugs.

buta 09-26-2009 10:54 PM

Just thought I'd mention that a lot of stuff changes with the patches so Arad Wiki may be completely off from how we have it (though they did keep some older info). Did you want the prepatch info or postpatch? Or both? I'll try and help where I can.

Gaiety 09-26-2009 10:55 PM

I think all equips have a few randomized stats. I compared my Lv25 Pole with another Bmage's Lvl 25 Pole and most stats were the same, but with a minor difference in base weapon damage.

Nihil679 09-26-2009 11:10 PM

I guess the equipments function like most MMO's then, with a range of stats. Well, post what you have and I guess we expand the range as we go.

Also, as for patching and updates etc., try to get the latest you can. Being a little out of date isn't that bad, it's something to keep a bookmark on at least.

AnnabelleMarie 09-26-2009 11:36 PM

how to compete with other wikis ;_;

Nihil679 09-26-2009 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnabelleMarie (Post 995620)

Not doing this for competition, I think think the fact that I jump through three different Wiki (DnF Wiki, DFO Source, DFO World) is flat out annoying, so I'm taking some initiative to do something about it.

So in a way, I'm doing it for my own selfish desires.
Not to mention, we have more members, most of them just lazy. (Anima. Anima. Anima. Anima. Anima. Anima. Anima. Anima.)

buta 09-26-2009 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnabelleMarie (Post 995620)

Is that a challenge? :3

Just double checking, so you don't care if the info is for a later patch and may mislead people? :P

Edit: Oh yeah. Just thought I'd mention. I'm artistically challenged, so if I make any edits, I'll need someone to beautify it.

Nihil679 09-27-2009 12:21 AM

The templates are mostly on Fighter's page already (because I'm biased like that), you can find most of them there, so characters are practically set for you.

I don't mean it to be AGES old, but being a few patches off isn't that bad, we can update it quicker because we HAVE something there.

Update:
Going to update Fighter's General Skills later today, need to sleep, orz.
Got a few Brawler skills in, probably finish the entire page tomorrow with Hellcat awakening skills.
Let's hope I can start most, maybe finish, Striker.
And I'll leave Grappler for someone else to convince me to do.

Nihil679 10-02-2009 04:22 PM

Bump+doublepost+request:

All I need from people:

-Their sub-class
-Name of sub-class skills
-Sub-class skill descriptions, both non-detailed and detailed (hotkeys should be told below the tooltip of the skills).

Thank you.

Skiegh 10-02-2009 04:56 PM

Random screen shots of some skills:

Spoiler!

Nihil679 10-02-2009 05:03 PM

May you put tooltip switch mode on a hotkey and tell me whether those are detailed view or not?

Skiegh 10-02-2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotKaZE (Post 1001674)
May you put tooltip switch mode on a hotkey and tell me whether those are detailed view or not?

The what mode now?

Nihil679 10-02-2009 06:33 PM

System -> Hotkeys -> Page 2. -> Toggle Tips Display (Basic/Adv.) -> Allocate to any hotkey (I suggest F6)
then scroll over the skills again, it should tell you to hit the hotkey to view details. Commonly, the details are just what the skill stats are, such as duration of a buff or % of an active skill, but some of them give additional descriptions, which is what I put in as notes on the wiki.

Skiegh 10-02-2009 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotKaZE (Post 1001749)
System -> Hotkeys -> Page 2. -> Toggle Tips Display (Basic/Adv.) -> Allocate to any hotkey (I suggest F6)
then scroll over the skills again, it should tell you to hit the hotkey to view details. Commonly, the details are just what the skill stats are, such as duration of a buff or % of an active skill, but some of them give additional descriptions, which is what I put in as notes on the wiki.

They have more information!? I was close to complaining that the skills didn't give enough detailed information. TO DNF!

Nihil679 10-02-2009 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skiegh (Post 1001758)
They have more information!? I was close to complaining that the skills didn't give enough detailed information. TO DNF!

Erh, yeah, that's probably how the DnF Wiki has their skill tables, lol. ._."

Skiegh 10-02-2009 07:04 PM

I could edit but double posting is so tempting. This whole more detail thing makes deciding what skills I want to increase so much easier. Anyways, random screen shots~
Spoiler!

I guess I'll start screenshoting each level if I have to.

Nihil679 10-02-2009 07:09 PM

Thank you very much Skiegh! I'll be sure to enter these in tonight.

Skiegh 10-02-2009 07:31 PM

I have a Crusader and an Asura if you want the level 1 listings of those skills.

Nihil679 10-02-2009 07:48 PM

Any level is fine, I'm usually just searching for the description + details, unless the DnF Wiki lacks the the table, then I just throw up Unknown for those parts and hope someone's goes finds those.

JustinBieber 10-02-2009 09:37 PM

If you need ranger skills, I'll post mine tomorrow.