ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Dungeon Fighter > Dungeon Fighter General Chat

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-02-2009   #21 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Any and all information relating to DFO will help contribute to the Wiki.

Oh, it will also help me organize the skills if you can separate the ones that are General and the ones for your sub-class, and separating the skill(s) you learn immediately becoming your sub-class (Such as Brawler and Overstrain and Poison Immunity, and Grappler and Grab Cannon and Intense Takedown).

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-05-2009   #22 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute

Alright, so I got reminded that classes have a class change and I forgot to ask people for it.

So if anyone's still newbie, or decided to start a new character, or need a motivation to make a new character, here it is:

At level 18, I'd like it if you would take a screenshot of your character's class change quest so I can properly add them in. While, I can just waltz over to DFO World and steal off theirs, I'd rather see how supportive people are of the Wiki when they can help. Not to mention I prefer having ours based on how the game puts it as.

Also still in need of class skill descriptions. RoflKnife still be posting his Weapon Master's and maybe Monk's tomorrow. I still need everything except Fighter, Brawler, and Grappler.

10-05-2009   #23 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Class: Sieg
Level: 56+

Be sure to remember that my levels for the skills are all over the place.

Crusader:

Spoiler!
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

10-05-2009   #24 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Oh, I need the non-detailed view also, so I can tell which parts I should put in the Notes section and which parts are the actual description. X:

And thank you, I mainly just need the description anyways, so it doesn't mean much to me if your skill levels are out of whack.

10-05-2009   #25 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough

Asura:

Spoiler!
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

10-05-2009   #26 (permalink)
PROBATIONAL EVENTS TEAM
Special
Games
Eden Eternal

Shinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really nice
IGN: Shinkky/Magenta
Class: WILLDRIVER. to_cardmaster
Level: ...
Guild: SOSBrigade

first two berserker skills, i'll get more once i reach level 18.

Spoiler!

10-05-2009   #27 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

All of the witch skills (including passive.. except teh leather armor mastery one. i forgot it ffff )

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

its a .zip cuz there's an ffff load of screenies

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

10-05-2009   #28 (permalink)
PROBATIONAL EVENTS TEAM
Special
Games
Eden Eternal

Shinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really nice
IGN: Shinkky/Magenta
Class: WILLDRIVER. to_cardmaster
Level: ...
Guild: SOSBrigade

here are the mechanic skills:

Spoiler!

g-2 rolling thunder, g-3 raptor and sparrow factory text were cut off, i'll post them if i ever get them lol.

10-05-2009   #29 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Uhm, okay, so RoflKnife brought to my attention of unpacking DFO files to get everything. Problem with that is, I have no idea how to use it and such.

Anyone know how to unpack and read?

10-05-2009   #30 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Apologies for the double post, but requires a bump with urgency.

With IRC's efforts to evade as much work as possible, RoflKnife found this:
Index of /Stuff/Games/DFO
Which is basically someone on DFO Source that unpacked the script file, which just means that everything is now in the scriptunpack.zip file.
It's REALLY large, containing almost everything in the game, and the best part is the skill/skill.usa.str.

The skill.usa.str is basically the file that keeps track of the skill descriptions, the tooltips you get when you scroll over skill icons. THIS IS WHAT I NEEDED, because now, rather than people having to deal with some skill description being messed up, cut off due to window size, or simply because they don't want have to mess with the tooltip mode.

Once you open the skill.usa.str file, you'll get slapped with textwall. I'm not asking everyone to go through the entire thing and help me organize it (though it'd be AWESOME if you did), I'd like it if you would choose a sub-class that hasn't been finished (anything not Fighter, Brawler, or Grappler) and clear out the junk stuff, helping me organize out what I need to put in the Wiki. Doing the ones already finished would help me double check if something might be off or not, or perhaps cut off.

To read this properly:
XXX representing any value, because they change every skill.

name_XXX>Skill Name
explain_XXX>NON-DETAILED Description.\nDETAILED DESCRIPTION.

Anything else is moot. NOW, how do you read this in detail?
The name_XXX>Skill name is the name of that skill. You can simply Ctrl+F for whatever skill you are looking for.
The explain_XXX>etc. means, anything after > but before the \n is the NON-DETAILED view, the one I put in the Wiki as description. Anything after \n is DETAILED, which I put as notes. Of course, if nothing's after \n, or if \n doesn't exist, that just means no notes.

Any questions, please ask, please help, thank you. ;;
[19:06] <buta> dotKaZE productivity +100

Edit note:
If anyone wants to make the Wiki some dungeon maps, that would be helpful, though just say if you can or not, don't jump right to it. Might change somethings.

Last edited by Nihil679; 10-06-2009 at 01:43 AM.

10-06-2009   #31 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Found a random screen shot I took for god knows why but it contains the third quest for becoming a grappler.

10-06-2009   #32 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Added to Grappler's page, thank you very much.

10-09-2009   #33 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Alright, I finished with Striker's page, meaning the currently finished ones are Fighter, Brawler (missing quest), Striker, and Grappler (missing parts of quest).

I'm waiting for Globalastro to finish organizing the unpacked files, but I'll still be working to put in everyone's screenshots so they don't go to waste. Unfortunately, break is almost over for me, so I'll have even less time to work on the Wiki. Any information can still contribute to the Wiki, even pointing out a typo or inconsistency in format helps out.

If anyone's starting a new character (again), I'd like it if you make sure to screenshot each quest you receive each level, so I can start SOMETHING on the quest pages.

As always, thank you for helping to contribute.

10-10-2009   #34 (permalink)
cheese on a stick

Globalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Globalastro Send a message via MSN to Globalastro Send a message via Yahoo to Globalastro Send a message via Skype™ to Globalastro
IGN: Globby (Wonderking)
Class: Wizard lt_mage
Level: 4x
Guild: Prinny doods

Gold cap by level limit
Spoiler!

Supposed emoticon tags:
Spoiler!

Guild stuffs, like exp per level etc
Spoiler!

Last edited by Globalastro; 10-10-2009 at 06:06 PM.

10-13-2009   #35 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Okay guys, since I'm still waiting for Globalastro to finish organizing the unpacked file of skills, I decided to start on quests.

I started a new character (Fighter, surprise) that I will use to collect screenshots of the quest. What I mainly need now, are people to help me out. I find it extremely tedious for me to level, get quest, screenshot/go on Wiki, add in, edit, double check, repeat.

I'm simply asking people to help me put stuff up in the Wiki, which would greatly help because so far, it's been primarily me throwing stuff up, with occasional volunteer help and aide from moderator/sysop/whateverwikiadminiscalled.

Of course, the screenshots are lazily taken, and it slipped my mind when I realized that I forgot to take screenshots of the reward items for names, so I decided it'd be better just to simply GET SOMETHING ON IT, go back and edit it in some other time.

If anyone's interested, please either use my contact in my profile (Which I hope I have in) or visit IRC at irc://irc.rizon.net/MyMMOGames, or simply... post here and tell me if you're helping out.

Anyone. ;; It's lonely being alone.

10-14-2009   #36 (permalink)
cheese on a stick

Globalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Globalastro Send a message via MSN to Globalastro Send a message via Yahoo to Globalastro Send a message via Skype™ to Globalastro
IGN: Globby (Wonderking)
Class: Wizard lt_mage
Level: 4x
Guild: Prinny doods

didnt check if this was on there, but....
EXP Table
Spoiler!

10-19-2009   #37 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

Isn't the level cap for Korea's version still at 60? Does that mean that they'll eventually increase the cap to 99, and we might be able to reach GSD's level after all?

10-19-2009   #38 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

The level cap is bound to increase, because skills are noted to still have a next level, I think.

Two weeks old edit:
Gave up on the Wiki due to lack of showing support. Didn't even get a "Thank you" or anything out of all this, and quite frankly, I've lost the time and patience waiting for people's support and help.

Last edited by Nihil679; 11-08-2009 at 11:44 PM.