ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Dungeon Fighter > Dungeon Fighter General Chat

Perfect World
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Perfect World

Rating:  

View Poll Results: Best class for soloing?
Fighter. 3 18.75%
Gunner. 6 37.50%
Mage. 1 6.25%
Priest. 4 25.00%
Slayer. 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-21-2009   #1 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best (sub) class for soloing?

I find soloing more enjoyable than partying (I'm not saying that partying isn't fun for me at all because I also find it enjoyable), so I'm really curious as to find out from decent players what the best class (and it's sub classes) are the best for soloing the higher leveled dungeons.

Thanks for all your opinions and tips in advance!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-21-2009   #2 (permalink)
Staff Buttnoobslave
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineTransformice!Talesweaver
Awards Facebook FanPervert Award

Anima has much to be proud ofAnima has much to be proud ofAnima has much to be proud ofAnima has much to be proud ofAnima has much to be proud ofAnima has much to be proud ofAnima has much to be proud ofAnima has much to be proud ofAnima has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Anima
IGN: MsAnima
Class: Female Mechanic
Level: 60
Guild: ggFTW

I honestly think Fighters are the easiest to solo with hands down, especially if you job change to become a Grappler, since all of your grabs combo with each other and they provide inv. frames to boot. When i played DnF as a grappler, i had no problem grinding from level 1-35 by myself with no problems(with the exception on MP shortage here and there), but then i got lazy after i got Spire, the lv35 skill, and i stopped leveling her. :x

09-21-2009   #3 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

I'm biased towards the Priest. Maybe it's cause I start out as him and am now used to it. Somehow, I have an easier time with him than with the other classes. Lucky Straight Punch or whatever it's called HURTS BOSSES A LOT. Actually it hurts everything a lot. So just aim for the center of a mob and the last hit knocks them back. Move back a bit, wait for CD, do it again. Works like that on most bosses. Not to mention his buffs. :P

Of course it also kind of depends what you're looking for. Speed? Power? Uh.. what else is there...? X_x

Later on, a lot of the classes are really good, IMO. I was watching some videos on niconico and none of them really have trouble murdering monsters and most of them solo.

09-21-2009   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

TraderJoe will become famous soon enough
IGN: Cleveritis
Class: Meister
Level: 88/26
Guild: FrenchBread

I play as a gunslinger and I beat all of Grand Flores on solo. Granted it was tough but that was only because I was still getting used to the skills and I lacked HP potions.

Now I can solo even sky tower with ease.

Once you learn the ranges for the skills and when to use certain skills to stun/launch/knock down enemies, they'll never be able to hit you. (unless you lag, lolol)

Using Silver Bullet for splash damage and MG-137 Gatling for stalling helps. 8D

Last edited by TraderJoe; 09-21-2009 at 06:08 PM.

09-21-2009   #5 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Priests. Slow heal is a free 5/6/7 charge 20%ish heal. Smasher does ridiculous fixed damage and ridiculous AoE damage for a grab. Lucky Straight is a very safe move that does a nice amount of damage, multi-hit and knocks them away. Phoenix Hammer has ridiculous AoE range and damage.

Even after job advancing, Crusaders still have Slow Heal and buffs. Monks still have Smasher and Lucky Straight along with other potentially good moves. Exorcists hit hard with their skills and have AoE.

Likely to have a bit of MP problem, but I'd rather use MP pots rather than HP, or even wait on MP.

Gunners are a good choice too. Kit them. That is all. MP problems as well though.

09-21-2009   #6 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

Crusader is really self sufficient, especially at higher levels where you can cast insta heals, HP buffs, damage buffs, and revive party.

The only downside is the amount of skill points you are gonna need to learn everything and skill get Smasher and Phoenix Strike.

09-21-2009   #7 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games
Bloodline ChampionsLeague of LegendsRift: Planes of TelaraS4 League

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold
IGN: coolbeans
Class: boss lt_gunslinger
Level: ∞
Guild: kool kids klub

The class whose player has the most skill.

09-21-2009   #8 (permalink)
Orange
Games
4StoryACE OnlineAdventure Quest WorldsAge of Armor
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Faith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolWut
Generally any class can be good if the player has the skill. So I agree with LolWut on this one.

09-21-2009   #9 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolWut
I like how I heard nothing about Mages though.

09-21-2009   #10 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotKaZE
I like how I heard nothing about Mages though.
Rofl. Because the only class that can solo efficiently is Summoner. Mind you, it won't get you good Style or a good Rank, but you can spam Magic Missle and have out so many summons, it's not funny. Not to mention Lasher dramatically increases your Summon's Physical Damage and Magical Damage. <3

Battle Mage is meant for PvP, so they're not too good in stages. Mainly because most of their skills are point blank and Mages come with the lowest HP and Defense.

Elementalist is good, but they do best when others are taking the hits. They usually come with long charge up skills and skills that take a while to affect anything.

09-22-2009   #11 (permalink)
Italian Lesbian Lolicon
Games
Metal Assault

Amanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really nice
IGN: Lucchinii
Class: Loli;Swordsmith
Level: 12;2x

You forgot loli maids.

They will pwn both in pvp and dungeons.

09-22-2009   #12 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the posts, everyone! I also agree that it depends on the skill of the player as well, but some classes do have it easier than others.

I may make a priest, or continue on with my slayer. Either way, all the help has been much appreciated.

02-09-2011   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

blazingking65 is on a distinguished road
IGN: NuclearGod
Class: Yuki lu_yuki
Guild: MMOKAMI
Cool Witches needs more credit

most of the people here says priests are the way to go but I personally find witches better at pve. In fact I have a high level witch and easily finishes any map at kings difficulty. I finished ancient dungeons as well by myself.
ancient library now has int boost and mp recovery makings it really good. Witch skills are mostly fixed damage but since we have high int stats so their skills hurts. I have played many classes: Priests, slayers, fighters, M. gunners and F. gunners and I personally find witches to be the most enjoyable.

02-09-2011   #14 (permalink)
Don't touch 8|
Awards Retired Content StaffRetired Content Staff

Sheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Flarina/Lunata
Class: SHEEP/ ???? to_soulmaster
Level: 142/5xx
Guild: SOLOMODO/Wish
Xfire: !!! D8

I didn't have too many problems with a Battle Mage from 1~35. But after that it just goes down the drain ;_:

But I rather have a class I have fun with, boredom is far worse on an MMO than the grind D8