Topspin OTG is much more safer than me attempting to do OTG X. I also do a lot of OTG BBQ already. The only reason I do the Topspin OTG is because they're usually quick minute decisions where I'm just attempting to keep them a little more grounded while I prep myself up for another attack.
Not really. Even if I had Freeze Grenade, the chances of it hitting them after a failed Flash Mine are low because of wake-up invincibility, not to mention I'd rather have the explosive radius of Buster launch them up the air instead of the long cooldown of Freeze Grenade where I might not even break the ice properly.
I didn't see any OTG BBQs in the vid, just regular juggle cancels into BBQ. The closest OTG you ever got was starting at 0:32, where you did Marilyn Rose -> X -> BBQ, but even then the Striker was still kind of bouncing from the Marilyn launch. That's not to say that BBQ cancel was useless; you used it successfully plenty of times. It's just that none of them were OTG pickups.
And I wasn't exactly suggesting that you take up Freeze Grenade, just exactly what I said: you couldn't keep the combo going after a Flash Mine with no stun. Wake-up invincibility isn't as long as you think; G-14 Buster has enough lingering hitboxes that would launch the enemy if you throw them into one. If that fails, a backstep -> grenade would still be an excellent knee-jerk defensive option after a failed Flash Mine if they do get up and start advancing.
I'm also noticing that you often let the opponent fall to the ground already before you start to set up your Flash Mine, which lets them Quick Rebound out of the way if you can't execute Spriggan on time. I'd suggest trying to set up the Mine while the enemy is just launched in the air from Marilyn or Rising as well. It'd also help for you to do a reverse jump X nade to keep your enemy at one spot, if you're afraid that doing your jumping combos will veer your opponent too far off course.
Setting up during a Marilyn Rose or Rising Shot makes it exceedingly difficult to continue afterwords for multiple reasons. Marilyn Rose is possible as a start, but it's not possible for me to consistently do sdjkfnsdfjn -> Marilyn Rose -> Flash Mine -> jkfnsdkfnsdf. Besides, I like the way my combos are. It looks nice. Plus, I NEVER care if my jump combos throw them too far or off course because it hasn't happened to where I regret a mistake I did yet.
I already do the okizeme Backstep -> Buster anyways, so it doesn't matter much to me.
The OTG time of people aren't that long anyways, so it's not like I can consistently pull off OTG BBQs when I want to. Not to even mention the fact that the OTGs I put my opponent in are:
1. Slide attacks, which cause me to end up too far
2. Random escaping grenades, where I have the mindset to get out of a situation, not focusing on attacking. Not to mention, in that situation, I would rather chance at a fake Flash Mine reset over attempting to do an unsafe OTG BBQ
3. Shot them out of the air. Which is never likely against anyone unless they're an Aerial Chain Strike spamming Slayer or another Gunner. In both case, I'd still rather set up fake Flash Mine reset.
inorite? Plus the one extra grenade count for all of them would help me so much more. Stupid nerf/pre-patch.
Best music or best music ever? o/
It's hard to select music based on length and have it be an Umineko song because I end up playing for over 30 minutes with one person and not even realize I recorded it all.
Then I'm like, "ffff, I have to use a long song."
- Work on your oki game. You just ran into that SB's Crescent Wave oki almost every time, tanking it with Marilyn. Didn't exactly work out so well in the last fight.
- React better and work on your combos. Sometimes you would hit a rising and just stand there not knowing what to do.
- Understand your situation. Resets are nice and all, but a combo finish is better than your escapable reset string. There were a few times where you could've killed the opponent by just shooting them on the ground after BBQ but you opted to try and reset instead.
- Understand the game mechanics. You hit an OTG BBQ once, which was very nice, but attempted a Flash mine reset when your flamethrower caught the opponent on forced stand. You could've went straight into rising shot for the "ghetto reset."