ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Dungeon Fighter > Dungeon Fighter Fandom

Perfect World
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-03-2009   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki
Default The Scoring system makes no sense to me anymore...

No matter how long I combo, no matter many hits I deal, I can never get above 85% style on any stage. I have no idea why.

Then I go to Frozenheart.

How the heck did that happen? >_>

(and yes, fail at the 1 hit at the beginning. I didn't know what was going on. Gimme a break >_>)

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-03-2009   #2 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games
Bloodline ChampionsLeague of LegendsRift: Planes of TelaraS4 League

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold
IGN: coolbeans
Class: boss lt_gunslinger
Level: ∞
Guild: kool kids klub

I had 100% tech in Grand Flores or Sky Tower once. I was in a party.

11-03-2009   #3 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Yet, it's still A-rank.
!?

11-03-2009   #4 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

I think the remaining 15% is only possible in a party via doubles/triples/quadruples, when 2 or more people hit a monster at the same time.

11-03-2009   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
I think the remaining 15% is only possible in a party via doubles/triples/quadruples, when 2 or more people hit a monster at the same time.
When I took that screenshot, I was soloing Frozenheart.

11-03-2009   #6 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Yeah, Frozen Heart scoring is iffy. You get 100% no matter what on the first map or something.

11-04-2009   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Class: Sieg
Level: 56+

I believe this is done to allow Frozenheart to go by a different scoring method. Style and technic don't matter in Frozenheart, it's all about the hit count. Anything more than 6 or so and you are below S I believe.
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

11-05-2009   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

But I only had 1 there, and I only had an A.

In other news, I pleasantly surprised when I found out that Gunners have a very slight y-axis range in their shooting when they shoot straight forward. I could flinch Charlie indefinitely with normal shooting, and his blizzard attacks stop when you flinch him.

Now if I could only get there myself >_> I run out of mana from using Windmill and Moving Shot so much.

11-05-2009   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Class: Sieg
Level: 56+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA
But I only had 1 there, and I only had an A.

In other news, I pleasantly surprised when I found out that Gunners have a very slight y-axis range in their shooting when they shoot straight forward. I could flinch Charlie indefinitely with normal shooting, and his blizzard attacks stop when you flinch him.

Now if I could only get there myself >_> I run out of mana from using Windmill and Moving Shot so much.
I find the game kind of views how far you go and how many hits you have. If I get hit in the first room of any dungeon my rating will be low but as I progress it gets a little bit higher. I think it correlates to how many hits you've taken in relation to how many rooms you've cleared. With Frozenheart, you only have two rooms so you do not want to get hit in that first room.
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

11-05-2009   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Awards Pervert Award

Pyroking has a spectacular aura aboutPyroking has a spectacular aura aboutPyroking has a spectacular aura about

Frozenheart is still weird, I remember having 100% on both and 0 hits and still an A, getting S is only possible in the second room, I think it was 9 hits and not 6 but I'm not sure, either way, it usually doesn't happen unless almost the whole party tokens >.>

11-09-2009   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Verde can only hope to improve

thanks to daily coin tokens we don't need to waste money everytime we want easy s ranks

i just hope Dfo doesn't implent the new retarded combo rating system, thats what really makes no sense to everyone.. that new system makes a extreme slow character get F ranks, fast characters that SOLO recieves a Nice D rank..

the current style/technic/hit system seems fine to me, it is quite tricky in frozenheart for both score systems.. well the previous one is much better because its not based on clear time, you'll never get S rank with limited clear time because charlie will stay invincible atleast for 3~5minutes..