ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Dungeon Fighter > Dungeon Fighter Fandom

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-02-2009   #1 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games
Bloodline ChampionsLeague of LegendsRift: Planes of TelaraS4 League

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold
IGN: coolbeans
Class: boss lt_gunslinger
Level: ∞
Guild: kool kids klub
Default How many times the does Weapon Master switch weapons?

(申精)换剑流五修白手,福建一又一另类表演,(自己号 被洗,只能用徒弟的耍了以后)本人白手群 58919082 - 17173游戏播客

CAN YOU ACHIEVE GOD TIER?

hue hue hue

Link looks so weird, looks like I need to install that east asia language pack. `=`

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-02-2009   #2 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

TOO BLURRY

I think he uses the Lightsaber to make it easier to get the first hit. And then he switches between some other stuffs.

How'd you find these things? o.o

11-02-2009   #3 (permalink)
Vicious Yetituff
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEden EternalLeague of LegendsLunia
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

Gaiety will become famous soon enough

Probably from here.

BM Weapon Swaping? o_O - Dungeon Fighter Online Source

11-02-2009   #4 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaiety
WAY TO LURK THE INTERNET.

I find it pretty sweet how he utilizes all those weapons and their mastery's. But, the whole "it takes skill" thing reminds me of ffffffffing Lunia PvP which I sucked at. `-`

11-02-2009   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

It does take skill, because weapon swapping is like a skill of its own, with its own cooldown and parameters where it can be activated.

I'd like to use three weapons (Greatsword, Lightsabre, Bludgeon), if not all five in PvP if I could, but I don't think I can give up the SP for more than two Weapon Masteries.

11-02-2009   #6 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

This guy looks like he uses shortsword and bludgeon just to screw with people. HAHA, I CAN JUGGLE YOU ALL DAY.

This is interesting though. The video kept freezing and I stopped around 6:20 in, I was hoping for some mid-combo weapon switching for more damage and longer combos, but it was interesting.

11-02-2009   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Two things that irked me though:

1.) No misses/stucks. Not even one
2.) The Jump Strength that allows for 3 Aerial Slashes when we can barely pull off two without avatars

I need to work on that reverse Backstep Slash...

11-02-2009   #8 (permalink)
Everywhere to me
Special
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook Fan

Naps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Naps Send a message via Skype™ to Naps

low level weapons? o.o

11-02-2009   #9 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naps
low level weapons? o.o
So the air combo protection drop thing doesn't kick in.

In PvP, you can air combo all you want but after a certain amount of damage in the air your opponent will instantly fall. So to prevent that from happening the guy in the video did small damage so he could do long strings of combos in the air without that protection drop thing kicking in.

Sort of like decay in Lunia, but more drastic.

11-02-2009   #10 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

I'm wondering how he switches weapons so fast after using skills. I did try switching weapons inbetween combos before, but there's like a 1 second delay where you can't switch, and by the time you can switch, your opponent would have fallen too low =/...

Also, looks like I should get bludgeon mastery for the ground bounce, looks really helpful. I see that they delay backstep cutter to the final few frames so they can get in their wave wheel/bloodlust, lol, should try that.

11-02-2009   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Is it really possible to get three masteries maxed while still having enough SP to level up your damaging skills?

11-02-2009   #12 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
I'm wondering how he switches weapons so fast after using skills. I did try switching weapons inbetween combos before, but there's like a 1 second delay where you can't switch, and by the time you can switch, your opponent would have fallen too low =/...

Also, looks like I should get bludgeon mastery for the ground bounce, looks really helpful. I see that they delay backstep cutter to the final few frames so they can get in their wave wheel/bloodlust, lol, should try that.
In the thread Gaiety linked to, I believe you switch during Gore Cross because it gives you enough time to do so.

11-02-2009   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Class: Sieg
Level: 56+

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolWut
WAY TO LURK THE INTERNET.

I find it pretty sweet how he utilizes all those weapons and their mastery's. But, the whole "it takes skill" thing reminds me of ffffffffing Lunia PvP which I sucked at. `-`
It certainly does remind me of Lunia's PvP with the long combos and such. Still, I never knew the drop increase was a result of a damage reached but that's nice to know.
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

11-02-2009   #14 (permalink)
Vicious Yetituff
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEden EternalLeague of LegendsLunia
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

Gaiety will become famous soon enough

Because of the combo protection system that's in place, the better PvPers tend to go for lower level weapons with mods like +Attack Speed since they can combo up to the protection limit regardless of how much damage they do per hit.

There are two protection systems in place: After around 5k damage, enemies start falling rapidly toward the ground. And after around another 5k damage on the ground, the opponent will instantly stand up. The two seem mutually exclusive; you can perform a "reset" with perfectly timed grounded launchers. These numbers are very likely not accurate, but it gives an estimate of where it'll pop. Notice that there's no protection system for standing hitstun strings.

11-02-2009   #15 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Quote:
standing hitstun strings.
Which are extremely hard to do, even on a Striker with Power Fist and etc.

11-02-2009   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

But dealing a large amount of ground damage in PvP is a nuisance, if not impossible for certain classes, so I guess that's why certain classes prefer weaker weapons.

Hmm... later in the vid, he doesn't switch weapons as often, and he still does fine. What's interesting is seeing him combo with a katana, since Blademasters usually go for the Lightsabre or Greatsword. The katana's Aerial Chain Slash looks very interesting...

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 11-02-2009 at 11:45 PM.

11-03-2009   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Verde can only hope to improve

katana's aerial slash may look interesting but once you try it out yourself..

its so uncomfortable, i mean it does look special but theres no damage increments instead it lowers your aerial chain slash's range..

the game needs to balance out the garbage weapons.

light saber and a large sword (zanpato? lmao) has a very good Secret Slayer Technique

light saber's Secret Slayer Technique is very good for juggling while zanpato's secret slayer technique has a long/wide range.. (with a short super armor)

the other three weapons (blugeon, katana, short sword) have terrible secret slayer technique, if there are even people alive who use katana or short swords they would ditch this skill (even blugeon users wouldn't raise it)

the pros of short swords are.. guard crush, a wind effect that flinchs or stuns target that hits you in guard status BUT large swords also has that effect -.-

blugeons have alot of bouncing effects for amusement and has a additional motion effect (this motion also has super armor) for charge crash BUT large sword also has that effect -.-

large sword may be a little slow, but when it comes to damage... and not to mention zanpatos have super armor for ashen fork!

thankfully light sabers don't have any additional super armor effects instead the weapon is mad fast and it's SST makes it very easy to juggle people or monsters with =__=..

neople doesn't care about those other three weapons i swear they don't!

11-03-2009   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Wait... did you just call the Bludgeon useless compared to Lightsabres and Greatswords? It's the only weapon you can use combo a full Ashe Fork with its shockwave. The bouncing effect is definitely more than just amusement...

11-03-2009   #19 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Class: Sieg
Level: 56+

I can see the appeal of using low level weapons now. I may try to use one on my grappler, saving all my damage for my grabs only and their preset damage.
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

11-03-2009   #20 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Quote:
There are two protection systems in place: After around 5k damage, enemies start falling rapidly toward the ground. And after around another 5k damage on the ground, the opponent will instantly stand up. The two seem mutually exclusive; you can perform a "reset" with perfectly timed grounded launchers. These numbers are very likely not accurate, but it gives an estimate of where it'll pop. Notice that there's no protection system for standing hitstun strings.
Did like that PvP "safety" limit info. I have noticed myself somehow launching opponents off the ground again, but I have no idea how to replicate it. My best guess is that for the split second the enemy is knocked slightly off the ground with an OTG, a launcher hits within that period, and relaunches. Although, I do recall myself just doing an upward at the end, and still relaunching even though I clearly did not do it immediately after my previous OTG.