ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Dungeon Fighter > Dungeon Fighter Announcements

Perfect World
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
12-11-2009   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Class: Sieg
Level: 56+
Default 12/11/09: [Update] Dawn of Retribution Coming December 16th

Behold the Dawn of Retribution

December 16th is fast approaching, the day that the elders have decreed as the time of great change in the land or Arad.

Glimpse at what is in store for our mighty saviors:

Faster Leveling - In the town squares we have heard grumblings from Dungeon Fighters everywhere that the path to advancement is far too steep for an ambitious warrior. Therefore the curve of experience will be lowered so as to enable more rapid progress.

Easier Dungeons - Fantastic spells of weakness have been cast over some of the creatures in Arad's lower level dungeons so as to aid beginning Dungeon Fighters in achieving the incredible feats of higher level champions.

Revamped Tutorial - To further help ferry fledgling Dungeon Fighters on the path to greatness, the lessons of Seria and Linus on the basics of dungeon combat have been enhanced. Learn faster, play longer, fight more fiercely.

New Holiday Events - And the season is upon us, a time for high spirits and presents for everyone. For the holidays, Arad has brought all kinds of joy to our Dungeon Fighters:

- Seria has decorated her sanctuary with all manner of merriment.
- Christmas Quests abound, each one rewarded with a bevy of yuletide gifts that promise especially favorable slaughter.
- Snow falls periodically on Arad, during which time you will find yourself especially adept at gaining experience points.
- And MORE!

So visit us on December 16th and throughout the holiday season and join us for winter glee.

Fight on, brave warriors.

- Arad High Council -
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-11-2009   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough

Now they decrease the rates? Is there even a point right now with the level cap still sheathed at 40? *Shrugs* I guess it's something but I feel it's going to be an excuse to hold off on an actual update for another 3 months.
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

12-11-2009   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

I think it is an excuse to hold off on actual updates. They're not actually adding any content, and they actually were careful when they addressed these issues a month or two ago. It's the minimalist's approach.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 12-11-2009 at 04:58 PM.

12-11-2009   #4 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

At first, I was like

EXP CURVE PATCH AND EXP EVENT.

Then, I was read your posts and was like

=| Level cap.

Now, I'm like

At least we'll have 12 level 40's before they raise level cap.

12-11-2009   #5 (permalink)
Angelic Healer~
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaVindictus

Allea has a spectacular aura aboutAllea has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
At first, I was like

EXP CURVE PATCH AND EXP EVENT.

Then, I was read your posts and was like

=| Level cap.

Now, I'm like

At least we'll have 12 level 40's before they raise level cap.
Yea..but then there's almost nothing to do after that...on the other hand I'll probably level up my Crusader and then go from there.

IGNs: League of Legends: Allea
~Arigato KratosAurion-san.

12-11-2009   #6 (permalink)
VIP
Games
MabinogiVindictusDungeon Fighter OnlineLineage

Dread has a spectacular aura aboutDread has a spectacular aura aboutDread has a spectacular aura about
Class: GeassGundam to_champion

n i thought it was today or something....maybe they will raise the cap to 45 just bc. Plz give use a permanent avatar item i hate time stuff piontless to get them in any games...So faster lvling is a meh what was the piont of me grinding before. I guess they got the money now for the update i mean there 100k whatever on the side....

12-11-2009   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Lacerta is on a distinguished road
Class: Fiona / Evie / Lann
Level: 22 / 27 / 21

I can have an army of LV40s and do nothing with them, huzzah?

12-11-2009   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

I suppose it gives me time to decide what class I will inevitably main when the cap is lifted. I'm fond of my Asura but who knows, I was enjoying my grappler until my Asura hit 25, it could happen again.

12-11-2009   #9 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games
Bloodline ChampionsLeague of LegendsRift: Planes of TelaraS4 League

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold
IGN: coolbeans
Class: boss lt_gunslinger
Level: ∞
Guild: kool kids klub

Hope it doesn't become like Lunia where a high level means nothing. <_<

12-11-2009   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

It depends on what Nexon America does. In kDnF, it was fairly difficult to get to 60. There are plenty of 40+ people, but it still takes a while to get to 60.

If we get the same curve they do (or once did), we're fine. If Nexon America continues to only flatten the EXP curve for us because it's easy to do and so that they don't have to give us any real content, then it probably will become like Lunia.

12-12-2009   #11 (permalink)
Everywhere to me
Special
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook Fan

Naps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Naps Send a message via Skype™ to Naps

Priest + Christmas Avatar =

i wonder how much difference the curve will be.

12-12-2009   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naps
Priest + Christmas Avatar =

i wonder how much difference the curve will be.
I would wager that they are either going to take the curve from another version or they are going to go the Nexon root and decrease the amount you need to level by some obscure amount like 5%.