Iris Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-01-2010   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Life will become famous soon enough
Default 還珠格格 (还珠格格 Huan zhu ge ge)

Has anyone else seen it?

I just rewatched all of Series 1&2 over the last 2/3 weeks and it was even more awesome then I remembered.

I watched the cantonese version (it was on tudou) because I can't understand mandarin. How do they manage to dub it? (I had a sneak peak at the mandarin version, and I have to say the voices in the cantonese version sound better. Ha!)

Favourite characters? (Names stolen from wiki cos I can't type chinese (out of curiosity, what's the cantonese equiv. of pinyin?)

小燕子 - She's so funny! She does throw way too many unnecessary temper tantrums though. I feel so frustrated for her friends when she's acting really stubborn and uncontrollable.

Still my second favourite character. She is way too funny.

夏紫薇 - So pretty! She's one of the main reasons this show is so good (well they all are lol) - I absolutely hate it when she forgives and forgets so easily. I'm 99% sure there in no-one like her in this world.

She really needs to learn how to fight. It must suck having to stand on the sidelines. And is it just me or is she always the one that gets the illnesses!?

The ending where she SPOILER (kinda) forgives the empress is so touching.

永琪 - I feel so sorry for him sometimes. Xiao yan zi (I go with the pinyin because it looks nicer and I dunno the cantonese romanizations) can be annoying. Not much else to say.

福爾康 - Not much to say.

金鎖 (and all the other servants) - Need more storyline. I liked her.

晴兒 - OMG. She's so damn nice! She definitely needed a bigger role. She should've been really close friends with Zi wei and Xiao yan zi.

含香 - Loved her. Dancing was meh. I wish they didn't split up at the end!! It was so stupid imo. And her story about 'Ni shi feng er, wo shi sha' wasn't THAT convincing imo. I don't get it really (You are wind, I am sand... er so what?)

Even though I've only just finished it 2 days ago I can't remember a lot of it. D:

Discuss.

(So watching Duke of Mount Deer/whatever-it's-called after this because 林心如 (Zi wei) is in it!! The cantonese version on tudou sucks though because it has the cantonese voice ontop of the mandarin voice. Ugh. I'll have to bust out the old vhs lol).

Any other good shows that are based on the olden days where there were kings (and swords and stepping on people's heads to fly?)

The soundtrack is so good.

Same lyrics as the theme in Series 1 but much better imo.

Awesome song.

The start is kinda weird (before the singing starts) because it kinda sounds like seduction! Then it's good until the man sings (he starts way too low).

Without the man's singing. Worse quality though.

Sweet.

I posted all the ones I like. Can't really pick a favourite, depends on mood.

Last edited by Life; 05-01-2010 at 03:58 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-01-2010   #2 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Wow, how old is this? I remember it being the rage during my childhood days, but I never got to the hype.

05-01-2010   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

On wiki it says 1998. I watched it back when I was 5-8 (dunno exactly). You should watch it. It's so good.

I dunno how you can't get into it. D:

Romance! Tragedy! Comedy!

The trinity of awesome.

Oh I really need to watch the 3rd Series. I remember watching parts of it back when I was younger but I never liked it because it had different actors. Wiki makes the storyline sound awesome.

05-01-2010   #4 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life
On wiki it says 1998. I watched it back when I was 5-8 (dunno exactly). You should watch it. It's so good.

I dunno how you can't get into it. D:

Romance! Tragedy! Comedy!

The trinity of awesome.

Oh I really need to watch the 3rd Series. I remember watching parts of it back when I was younger but I never liked it because it had different actors. Wiki makes the storyline sound awesome.
The only real-life chinese TV dramas that I like are Wuxia dramas. =/

05-01-2010   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

I love those.

But some of the older ones look really fake (yes I know they're fake, but do they have to be so poorly made!?)

I dunno if Journey to the West (1998 versionor whatever year it was) counts as Wuxia (this is just an example) but it looks really fake. (I still love it though).

I don't really watch many recent chinese shows because I used to watch them cos my grandpa did (and we don't live near him anymore) and internet games+revision is taking over my life.

05-01-2010   #6 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life
I love those.

But some of the older ones look really fake (yes I know they're fake, but do they have to be so poorly made!?)

I dunno if Journey to the West (1998 versionor whatever year it was) counts as Wuxia (this is just an example) but it looks really fake. (I still love it though).

I don't really watch many recent chinese shows because I used to watch them cos my grandpa did (and we don't live near him anymore) and internet games+revision is taking over my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiki
Wuxia or WǔxiŠ (traditional Chinese: 武俠 WǔxiŠ, Mandarin: [ýɕjǎ]; Cantonese Pinyin: Mou5 Hap6; Taiwanese: Bu Kiap) is a broad genre of Chinese fiction concerning the adventures of martial artists set in ancient China.
So no, Journey to the West is not Wuxia. Lol.

Its stuff like 射雕英雄傳, 天龍八部 etc.

05-01-2010   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Oh. Well that was just an example of not-very-good special effects.

I dunno the definition of wuxia but I'm sure I must've watched a few.

I've watched the first one you mentioned (射雕英雄傳). I went on wiki to see and it didn't give much info, but if that's the one where there's a guy who loses his arm (s?) due to a jealous girl and then he has to live in a cave with a giant bird fora period of time. I've seen it. It was a while ago though.

The second one you mentioned sounds familiar. But I looked on wiki and I don't recognise any of the characters.

Oh, and this is probably one of the most recent ones I've watched and one of my favourite: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Step_into_the_Past

Read wuxia on wikipedia. And I have watched lots of films about 點脈, 輕功, 内力 and 江湖. And how they have to compete to be the head of 江湖.

Last edited by Life; 05-01-2010 at 05:27 AM.