• Title: 1ポンドの福音
  • Title (romaji): 1 Pound no Fukuin
  • Also known as: One-Pound Gospel
  • Format: Renzoku
  • Genre: Romance, comedy
  • Episodes: 9

Broadcast period: 2008-Jan-12 to 2008-Mar-08

Synopsis

Kosaku Hatanaka is a skilled boxer who turned pro at the age of 19, but he finds himself facing a string of defeats due to his inability to control his appetite, which always puts him in a heavier weight class. One day, due to excessive work out he collapses where he is found by Sister Angela, a naive fledgling nun and he immediately finds himself interested in her. --Tokyograph

------------------------------------

Kamenashi Kazuya plays the role of Hatanaka Kosaku. I've only watched the first episode so far... and it was pretty good. I decided to watch this series because I liked Kame's acting in Nobuta wo Produce and wanted to see him playing other roles in dramas. It's kind of cute how he is like a food addict, and (almost) loses to his opponent because he gets distracted by food.
Crunchyroll.com only has 1 episode uploaded so far. Veoh.com would be a good site to watch this drama, unless torrenting the episodes on d-addicts seem to be a better choice.

Last edited by Genchou; 07-31-2008 at 09:42 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-30-2008   #2 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

I just passed this by when shopping for drama DVDs. O_o When you watch more, do tell me if it's worth it, and I'll buy it on my next shopping trip. ^_^

07-31-2008   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Nanaya will become famous soon enough
IGN: Anruijin

This drama is pretty light on the heart. There's nothing too serious besides Kosaku's obsession with Angela and his boxing career. It has quite a large share of happy moments and is quite enjoyable to watch. They stop elaborating over the boxing match scenes though, but that's expected of a drama.

07-31-2008   #4 (permalink)
<3

Genchou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaya
This drama is pretty light on the heart. There's nothing too serious besides Kosaku's obsession with Angela and his boxing career. It has quite a large share of happy moments and is quite enjoyable to watch. They stop elaborating over the boxing match scenes though, but that's expected of a drama.
:x I'm not a fan of boxing so I wouldn't mind.
@Catharsis, sure. The first episode is already really good, so I expect the rest of the episodes to not be that bad. The Kanto ratings don't seem to be too shabby.

07-31-2008   #5 (permalink)
Vinyl Side Up

AurorasParadox has disabled reputation

from mysoju: One Pound Gospel | Watch One Pound Gospel Japanese Drama Online

07-31-2008   #6 (permalink)
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AurorasParadox
If only they'd fix the broken links.

08-02-2008   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Kage is an unknown quantity at this point

Torrents and/or MU ddls <3

I had to watch it, if not for my love for Kame. @_@; His obsession with food and Sister Angela was good. A lots of my other friends liked this drama so I was happy. :3

08-02-2008   #8 (permalink)
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage
Torrents and/or MU ddls <3

I had to watch it, if not for my love for Kame. @_@; His obsession with food and Sister Angela was good. A lots of my other friends liked this drama so I was happy. :3
I love seeing Kame in dramas. His acting <3
And I don't think there are a lot of seeds in d-addicts for this drama.. so it'll take quite a while.

11-01-2008   #9 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

o wow there's a drama of this out. i never knew. i kinda wanna see it.

11-01-2008   #10 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

I'm on episode on 4... and very bored. Someone tells me it gets better, please. >_>

11-01-2008   #11 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

well it's only 9 episodes long right? i suppose if it's not good to you yet you might as well abandon ship

11-02-2008   #12 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games

MAN OVERBOARD!!!!

Sorry, the story's getting redundant. I'm popping in Iljimae instead. o;