ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Dramas (http://ggftw.com/forum/dramas/)
-   -   1 Pound Gospel/ 1 Pound no F u k u i n (http://ggftw.com/forum/dramas/5296-1-pound-gospel-1-pound-no-f-u-k-u-i-n.html)

Genchou 07-30-2008 03:24 PM

1 Pound Gospel/ 1 Pound no Fukuin

• Title: 1ポンドの福音
  • Title (romaji): 1 Pound no Fukuin
  • Also known as: One-Pound Gospel
  • Format: Renzoku
  • Genre: Romance, comedy
  • Episodes: 9

Broadcast period: 2008-Jan-12 to 2008-Mar-08

Synopsis

Kosaku Hatanaka is a skilled boxer who turned pro at the age of 19, but he finds himself facing a string of defeats due to his inability to control his appetite, which always puts him in a heavier weight class. One day, due to excessive work out he collapses where he is found by Sister Angela, a naive fledgling nun and he immediately finds himself interested in her. --Tokyograph

------------------------------------

Kamenashi Kazuya plays the role of Hatanaka Kosaku. I've only watched the first episode so far... and it was pretty good. I decided to watch this series because I liked Kame's acting in Nobuta wo Produce and wanted to see him playing other roles in dramas. It's kind of cute how he is like a food addict, and (almost) loses to his opponent because he gets distracted by food.
Crunchyroll.com only has 1 episode uploaded so far. Veoh.com would be a good site to watch this drama, unless torrenting the episodes on d-addicts seem to be a better choice.

Catharsis 07-30-2008 07:06 PM

I just passed this by when shopping for drama DVDs. O_o When you watch more, do tell me if it's worth it, and I'll buy it on my next shopping trip. ^_^

Nanaya 07-31-2008 04:25 AM

This drama is pretty light on the heart. There's nothing too serious besides Kosaku's obsession with Angela and his boxing career. It has quite a large share of happy moments and is quite enjoyable to watch. They stop elaborating over the boxing match scenes though, but that's expected of a drama.

Genchou 07-31-2008 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanaya (Post 87432)
This drama is pretty light on the heart. There's nothing too serious besides Kosaku's obsession with Angela and his boxing career. It has quite a large share of happy moments and is quite enjoyable to watch. They stop elaborating over the boxing match scenes though, but that's expected of a drama.

:x I'm not a fan of boxing so I wouldn't mind. :o
@Catharsis, sure. The first episode is already really good, so I expect the rest of the episodes to not be that bad. :p The Kanto ratings don't seem to be too shabby.

AurorasParadox 07-31-2008 06:12 AM

from mysoju: One Pound Gospel | Watch One Pound Gospel Japanese Drama Online

Genchou 07-31-2008 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AurorasParadox (Post 87599)

:pbbbt: If only they'd fix the broken links.

Kage 08-01-2008 11:21 PM

Torrents and/or MU ddls <3

I had to watch it, if not for my love for Kame. @_@; His obsession with food and Sister Angela was good. A lots of my other friends liked this drama so I was happy. :3

Genchou 08-02-2008 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kage (Post 90490)
Torrents and/or MU ddls <3

I had to watch it, if not for my love for Kame. @_@; His obsession with food and Sister Angela was good. A lots of my other friends liked this drama so I was happy. :3

I love seeing Kame in dramas. His acting <3
And I don't think there are a lot of seeds in d-addicts for this drama.. so it'll take quite a while.

PedroRomero 11-01-2008 12:56 AM

o wow there's a drama of this out. i never knew. i kinda wanna see it.

Catharsis 11-01-2008 03:44 AM

I'm on episode on 4... and very bored. Someone tells me it gets better, please. >_>

PedroRomero 11-01-2008 10:20 PM

well it's only 9 episodes long right? i suppose if it's not good to you yet you might as well abandon ship

Catharsis 11-01-2008 11:05 PM

MAN OVERBOARD!!!!

Sorry, the story's getting redundant. I'm popping in Iljimae instead. o;