ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Dramas (http://ggftw.com/forum/dramas/)
-   -   [tDrama] Hot Shot / 籃球火 (http://ggftw.com/forum/dramas/43949-tdrama-hot-shot.html)

Catharsis 04-07-2009 07:05 AM

[tDrama] Hot Shot / 籃球火

* Title: 籃球火 / Lan Qiu Huo
* English title: Hot Shot
* Also known as: Basketball Fire / Basket Fire Ball
* Genre: Sport, romance
* Episodes: 16

Quote:

Synopsis

In a school where academic reigns supreme and sports are relegated to a dusty corner of the campus, Li Ying vows to revive the basketball team by volunteering to be the head coach. Her first member is Yuan Da Ying, a country boy who is passionate for basketball but has no skill. Their recruitment goes into high gear when Dong Fang Xiang, a legendary basketball player, transfers to their school.

Around the same time, Yuan Da Ying falls for Zhan Jie Er, a scholarship student who reminds him of his childhood friend. Things are complicated by the fact her family works for Dong Fang Xiang, who she also grew up with. Their encounter may just rewrite the school's basketball history.

Hot Shot - DramaWiki

Where Can I Watch?
Download: D-Addicts :: Asian Drama Torrents
Streaming: intangiblefs's Page! | Veoh or Hot Shot | Watch Hot Shot Taiwanese Drama Online

Subbing Status: 9/16 completed by Intangible Fansubs
BUT MySoju has the complete series with subs; I just don't know who subbed those...

Cath's Review

I've seen a lot of sports-themed shows that end up being boring. So what's great about another basketball soap opera?

The first thing I noticed about the show are the special effects. I first saw the trailers on TV, and goggled at the wushu-inspired dunking tricks. I mean, WTF @ gravity-defying stunts! But that grew on me and it became entertaining in the same grudging manner that Shaolin Soccer gets under your skin. It's ludicrous but you can't help but like it, especially since the exaggerated shots enhance the comedic atmosphere.

The characters are very engaging. The main character, Yuan Da Ying, is alternately annoying and adorable that I just want to drag him off the screen and squish him with a hug. Dong Fang Xiang, played by the very yummy Jerry Yan (insert fangirl sigh), is one of those well-balanced characters that doesn't rely on being too much of the arrogant asshat template or the uber-goody-two-shoes Prince Charming cookie cutter. He's just very likable.

The funny thing about these two characters' relationships is that they remind me of Naruto and Sasuke without the angst and the cheesy ninjas. There's a love triangle going on with another girl for these two, which is kinda cliche in my opinion, but to the director's credit he did not let the romance angle overrun the plot.

I'm only 9 episodes into this show, but I can't wait for more.
4.5 / 5 stars

Yuer 12-14-2009 06:03 PM

>_> wow I didn't know realize that was Jerry.
I saw Hi My Sweetheart before this show... still prefers Xiao Zhu in HMS than this >< But oh well~! It is a nice show :D

zgmfx19a 12-14-2009 06:41 PM

My sis said Show failed at acting, and this show is no exception. @@

Didn't watch it. I personally dislike TW drama. =/

Shazbot 12-14-2009 07:24 PM

I think Show Luo acted quite well in Corner With Love, but yeah, I haven't watched this either. I felt it was going to be boring D8<