ggFTW (
-   Dramas (
-   -   [J-Dorama] 1 Litre of Tears (

AurorasParadox 06-18-2008 03:19 AM

[J-Dorama] 1 Litre of Tears

Genre : School, romance, health, family, human

15-year-old Ikeuchi Aya was an ordinary girl, the daughter of a family who works at a tofu shop, and a soon-to-be high schooler. However, odd things have been happening to Aya lately. She has been falling down often and walks strange. Her mother, Shioka, takes Aya to see the doctor, and he informs Shioka that Aya has spinocerebellar degeneration - a terrible disease where the cerebellum of the brain gradually deteriorates to the point where the victim cannot walk, speak, write, or eat. A cruel disease, as it does not affect the mind in the least. How will Aya react when told about her disease? And how will Aya live from now on?
(Ichi Rittoru no Namida - DramaWiki)

This beautifully moving drama is based on the real-life struggles of a 15-year-old girl named Aya who suffered from an incurable disease, but lived life to the fullest until her death at 25. The script is based on the diary Aya kept writing until she could no longer hold a pen. The book that later followed entitled “One Litre of Tears" has sold over 1.1 million copies in Japan alone.

Aya's only wish was “to live." By carefully depicting Aya's earnest desire to live, and the love of her family, friends, and lover, the drama, “One Litre of Tears" wishes to deliver her simple but strong message: “Just being alive is such a lovely and wonderful thing." ---Fuji TV
(Ichi Rittoru no Namida - DramaWiki)
Can be found @ : 1 Litre of Tears | Watch 1 Litre of Tears Japanese Drama Online

Bring some tissues if you're gonna watch this... its so touching

omg... our own drama section <3

Beato 06-18-2008 03:23 AM

I didn't watch it because it was too scary.

Nanaya 06-18-2008 03:24 AM

^You phail. TT_TT

AurorasParadox 06-18-2008 03:25 AM

I didn't watch it because it was too scary.

Its not scary... its sad T~T

Beato 06-18-2008 03:26 AM

It was TOO SCARY! Too familiar...

Those are woman tears coming from you, Nanaya/Anruijin!

Ildanach 06-18-2008 03:44 AM

I'm ashamed to admit I shed few manly tears when I watch this,

Funny that there's no mentioning of that Aso guy after

Solemn 06-21-2008 10:40 AM

Hmmm...gee, guys, I wonder why it was called 1 Litre of Tears...? x] The description was in no way a fabrication. It was endearing, touching, and mournful. I think I cried two liters of tears... :(

Ami 09-10-2008 01:49 AM

Me too, Solemn. This drama should be recognized by the entire world. D:
My family basically thought me as a crazy person when I kept on crying, lmao.

Globalastro 11-10-2008 10:32 AM

I bawed my eyes out, and i just downloaded Emi Hinouchi's latest digital single and she covered remioromen's Konayuki as the b-track... no where as good as Remioromen's but still (she makes it too breathy and whiney....) and im tryin not to cry just thinking about the show.

I need to re download that show so that i can finally burn it to dvd, if my dvd burner stops being retarded

for those who have never seen the show (and sorry for the necro, but i figured that the cover of the theme song counted as news lol), heres Konayuki by remioromen with scenes from the show

Yume 11-10-2008 01:30 PM

Global, if you liked 1 litre of tears, you'll probably like taiyou no uta. 8) It has kinda the same idea -- girl has disease and falls in love. The lead actress is Sawajiri Erika too.

Sheep 11-10-2008 05:45 PM

Ahh so many dramas to watch, so little time. *adds this to my list*

Globalastro 11-12-2008 08:35 AM

first episode finished downloading, watched up to Konayuki, and started to notice tears pouring down my face already... either this has a very low replay value because you cant watch it again unless you can see through tears, or a very high one due to its dramatic grab..... i feel so sorry for anyone with that desease

Senike 11-14-2008 01:05 PM

OMFG! 3月9日!
Once my bandwidth resets, I might consider watching this!!!

I must say, this is seriously a must-drama for Drama Lovers!!

Maiyu 06-10-2009 04:56 PM

Ooh, I saw this around a year ago.

...It's too sad...

If my body could produce 1 liter of tears in an episode interval, then i would probably cry all those out during the really sad/happy moments...