ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Dragon Saga/Dragonica > Dragon Saga/Dragonica Character Types > Dragon Saga/Dragonica Warrior Class

Iris Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Iris Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-18-2009   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Kirbical will become famous soon enough
IGN: Kirbical
Class: Warrior lt_warlord
Level: lvl 40-50
Guild: truelove
Default Gladiator regrets

I've gotten my first character which is a warrior into a gladiator and I even altered my build do incorporate less points into earlier skills and more into 2nd job skills: http://dragonica.db.mmosite.com/tool...00000000000000

My problem is I'm really unsatisfied with this as well as the class itself, originally I intended to go knight all the way until I met with pressure between reports on class bias and the rather high percentage of gladiators over knights running about, so I went gladiator out of fear of possibly getting constantly kicked out of parties in favor for the "desirable" classes.

As a warrior I was having the time of my life, I technically had this build :http://dragonica.db.mmosite.com/tool...00000000000000

Granted this was my first character so I didn't really know better, but I normally always did a 2-4 hit ground combo, Launch, 3 hit air combo followed by a cut down (i could never get storm blades to hit right after launch), and afterward re launch and finish up with storm blades or of that's not enough, flame hammer.

alternately I would flame hammer first, relaunch, and then storm blades if I so wanted to, sword dance was more of a utility to "stun" farther away enemies or ranged enemies and also a way to decapitate an incoming large mob, I also use flame hammer to decapitate a large mob also plus I find the damage over time to actually be helpful in quickly finishing up groups since it deals in my opinion rather good damage at the rate it hits at and it usually finishes up enemies that aren't finished by storm blades. it also does a rather hefty amount of damage in one shot so I use it with storm blades to fight in a hit and run tactic against bosses since they can knock me down rather easy.

Now as a gladiator, I no longer have flame hammer and sword dance which I used quite a lot, so some adjusting had to be done, but that aside I feel a lot less efficient now, my normal attacks are incredibly slow and now I can't even use them anymore, and I really don't like the bro skills for a few reasons, one being petty over analysis on why I'm suppose to be a strong melee fighter yet I have rock lee doing all my fighting etc,etc....
But my main reason is because how akward they are to use, "I'm gone bro!" pre determines it's targets and damage the second you press the button, which is a blessing but a curse also since while if you align it right it will hit no matter what, but if you miss there is no consolation, and "incoming Bro" is OK but it's just award to use at times for me.

Bottom line is while fighting along with adjusting to a new skill set, I seem to get hit more often than I am doing the hits, and the class all in all just wasn't the same. I just want to know if they get any better down the road, I've read before that their 3rd job can hurt bosses really bad but I can't quite confirm it.

I don't want to quit the game, in fact I may just make another warrior because honestly the grind to lvl 20 is a lot more generous than the lvl 80 grind on latale or the lvl XX grind on other games (i really only made the goal on latale) and warrior frankly is the only class I enjoy, archer and mage are somewhat boring for me and I absolutely hate thief because as mentioned before somewhere on the forums, they are like an incomplete warrior for me, that and I somewhat despise jesters and I'm not fond of having to go down the rough road of the assassin being full of death and rejection.

tl;dr
I'm an unhappy gladiator who feels inefficient, do they get stronger at higher levels or should I make a knight and be happy with my air combos?

By the way, I'm not entirely intirested in pvp for now.

Click if you dare!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-20-2009   #2 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

In the end, it's all about what you'll enjoy playing. Granted, Knights do not get partied with as often as BMs or Jesters, but if you can find a nice group of friends or guild, odds are, you'll be partying with them anyways. Trust me, BMs and Jesters are overrated. By the time they get their job change at 40, some of them stopped playing because it became too easy, and the game isn't much of a challenge anymore.

Then again, who am I to judge, all my Dragonica life, I just hold X. But at least it's what I want to play, so I am fine with holding X for 44 levels.

If you regret playing as a glad, then make a knight. If you regret that too, well then..try something else.

08-27-2009   #3 (permalink)
mountain ahoy!
Special
Games
ACE OnlineWorld of TanksGuild Wars 2
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

Zegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud of

I actually stopped playing Dragonica after having only tried Thief and Archer at the beginning of preview beta. When I got the email about closed beta I decided to try warrior and I loved it, so this is relevant to my interests.

That's always one thing that worried me about the class change... I heard that gladiators attacks were slow and that people avoided so I never went all the way through with the class change during CB.

I've never sought out the details on how Dragonica class changes work, so excuse me if I have some of these things wrong: you lose all your first job skills when you change? or you have limited amount of points (the points spent in 1st job are just gone) and taking 1st job skills takes away from your 2nd job skills?

If I am attracted to the playstyle offered by the 1st job warrior, which way should I plan to go in 2nd job if I want to retain as much of that feel as possible?