ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Dragon Saga/Dragonica > Dragon Saga/Dragonica Character Types > Dragon Saga/Dragonica Thief Class

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-07-2009   #1 (permalink)
Static

Cornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to all
Default Aerial Frenzy

Is there a trick to properly activating this? Usually by the time I've started jumping the enemy is already on the ground. Even when I do hit it tends to be only once or twice.

I can use the skill properly when someone else knocks the monsters into the air, but it's a pain to claw through everything because I can't solo mobs with it.

How useful will the skill be in 2nd job? Will I still need to use it?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-08-2009   #2 (permalink)
I like scenery *.*
Games
LuniaDragon Nest

CursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really nice
IGN: TangoDown
Class: Ryan lu_sieg
Level: 8x
Guild: Fusion

This skill is sort of like a juggler. It'll keep enemies in the air as you continue your skills. Level up Combo Launch because that will give more height per level.

Ariel Frenzy is like Triple Kick is to a Sieg. Not a damage dealer but without it combos would be very hard.

05-08-2009   #3 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Sword 2Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle Online
Awards Pervert Award

Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of

It's just practice really :/

Are you lagging at all? Even at launch lv1 you should be able to jump fast enough to get it right.

You won't need it at second job, but it's still nice once you get good at it.

05-08-2009   #4 (permalink)
Static

Cornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fineti
It's just practice really :/

Are you lagging at all? Even at launch lv1 you should be able to jump fast enough to get it right.

You won't need it at second job, but it's still nice once you get good at it.
I've noticed that it's become less difficult as I continue using it, but most of the time I only get 3-4 hits in before using smash down and trying again. I often miss enemies entirely because my smash up moves send them flying away from me.

I see some thieves using it almost exclusively. They smash some enemies upwards and then jump, when they come back down everything's dead.

05-08-2009   #5 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Sword 2Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle Online
Awards Pervert Award

Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornflake
I've noticed that it's become less difficult as I continue using it, but most of the time I only get 3-4 hits in before using smash down and trying again. I often miss enemies entirely because my smash up moves send them flying away from me.

I see some thieves using it almost exclusively. They smash some enemies upwards and then jump, when they come back down everything's dead.
Yeah, it's hard using it after smash down sometimes. Launch keeps them in a line so it's much easier.

05-10-2009   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Breakfast will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Breakfast
IGN: Urethra
Class: Knight lt_knight
Level: 2x
Guild: Kazoku

Meh, and I thought I was the only one having problems using this skill =/

Like said earlier, you just have to practice I guess.

08-06-2009   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

thePROMISE has a spectacular aura aboutthePROMISE has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to thePROMISE Send a message via MSN to thePROMISE Send a message via Yahoo to thePROMISE
IGN: theHURRICANE
Class: Wind Wizard lt_mage
Level: 2x
Guild: FrenchBread

This is a little bit old, but I've found if you take a step forward and THEN jump, you actually get the jump off faster. I was having the hardest time even getting into the air to use Aerial Frenzy, but if you just move forward a little bit and do a low-height Aerial Frenzy, you hit the enemies you launched. It ends up keeping the enemies up better anyways since as you step forward you're more likely to be under them.

08-16-2009   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Darkapple is on a distinguished road
IGN: Unseen
Class: Assassin
Level: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedScar
This skill is sort of like a juggler. It'll keep enemies in the air as you continue your skills. Level up Combo Launch because that will give more height per level.

Ariel Frenzy is like Triple Kick is to a Sieg. Not a damage dealer but without it combos would be very hard.
Lvl 1 and 5 Air Combo Launch give the same launch height
Every level you increase ACL you hit more monsters,and slightly (not really noticeable,since the skill isnt to deal damage) more damage

And I have AF at lvl 1 ,going to keep it at that even when i become a ninja,it only costs 10 sp,gives you something to do in the air and you its a combo-er in mission maps

thank you,thank you

Click this for free cookies!

11-02-2009   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

sphirussiew is on a distinguished road

aerial frenzy not so often appear in 2nd job but needed(lvl1) cause need to combo

11-04-2009   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Wills is on a distinguished road

try to make your all your resolution into low and play in full screen mode, or update your graphics card to the latest, this is what i did.
have fun =D

11-04-2009   #11 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

Please try not to reply to a thread that is older than 2 weeks.

Thank you.