ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Dragon Saga/Dragonica > Dragon Saga/Dragonica Guides > Dragon Saga/Dragonica Thief Class Guides

Perfect World
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
09-30-2009   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Singer is on a distinguished road
Default An Awesome Guide for the evolution of a Thief to a Harlequin

IS THAT MICHAEL JACKSON???
HELL NO, THAT'S THE COOLEST CLASS, A HARLEQUIN!!

Introduction

Basically a thief can choose between 2 classes when he/she reaches the level of 20. A Jester or an assasin. And when it reaches the level of 40, a jester evolves into a harlequin and an assasin evolves into a ninja. Many stereotype that ninja's are the better PvPers(player vs player combat) and that harlequins are the better PvMers(player vs monster combat). Well technically that is true however if the harlequin is equipped with sufficient accuracy( a stat which determines an attack rate of a character) and the prefect combo combination, he/she will still be able to take down a ninja.

Alright I'm gonna plot up the advantages and disadvantages of a Harlequin.

Advantages

[*] Harlequins have no trouble at all finding parties at mission maps.
[*] Harlequins have cool and funky moves (such as the MJ moonwalk as illustrated on the image right above.)
[*] Harlequins have no trouble taking down hordes of creeps at 1 time.(that means you'll be able to train with much ease compared to a ninja)
[*] Harlequins deal above average kinda damage and they deal good burst damage( massive amount of damage at 1 time, very useful for boss hunts)
[*] Their combos are the most superior and tormenting compared to any other class in Dragonica.

Disadvantages

[*] They have one of the lowest HP in dragonica and their defence is just average.
[*] They have delays in between their skills and when cast inappropriately in Pvp Matches, it may leave your harlequin very vulnerable to near death situations or even death itself.
[*] Their armours and weapons are among the most expensive and highest in demand in game due to the large population of the harlequin class.
[*] They do not have any useful buffs.(the buffs which they have add very little stats and are almost redundant)
[*] Their MP consumption is very high due to the spamming of skills one may have to go through while training.
[*] Lastly, their armours are very female biased. Some of them totally look like female outfits..

Alright I've played dragonica for a month now and I've got to level 50. I shall share with you guys my very own experience and my preferred walk through of this game.

Leveling Walk through

Level 1-10
*Big Bad wolf and Vega Mission maps(North and Windia Plains)

Level 10-16
*Tutu Mission map(West traitor Ridge)

Level 16-20
*Toto Mission map(East traitor Ridge)

Level 20-25
*White tooth Mission map(Bearded Whale Coast)

Level 25-30
*Alvida Mission map(Steven Trading Port)

Level 30-34
*Artis Mission map(Mirnae sanctuary)

Level 34-40
*Sambaba Mission map(Valid Raeth)

Level 40-45
*Sambaba Mission map(Valid Raeth)

*Chaos Hero descent Run ( requires a hero descent scroll which cost 15 devil soul stones and a shield of void which cost 20 soul stones. Soul stones can be found at hidden maps. Hidden map scrolls are dropped from 'F4' of several mission maps)

Level 45-50
*Owl Mission map(With a strong party with you)

*Chaos Hero descent run( technically for me, i did hero descent runs all the way to 50 as each run earns you tons of Soul plus around 50 weapon powder which are worth 5-6 Gold each)

Level 50-60
*Chaos smoldering swamp( Well you will have to build your accuracy up to atleast 150+ or you will miss the monsters terribly)

*Chaos Sambaba( and for here you will have to build your accuracy up to atleast 145+ here)( they also give good drops such as set items which can be sold up to 200-600 gold especially if it has good stats equipped with it)

As you can see, only the mission maps give you good and decent experience and only field monster training from Chaos maps (When with strong party) give good exp.

Tips and reminders:
*Set items obtained from F4 are the cheapest as many people tend to enter F4 for exp training. F1-F3 drop set items which are high in demand cause hardly anyone enter those stages to train.

*After the new patch, Sense and ability were introduced. They determine your rank you achieve at the end of a mission map. Basically in order to advance in ranks, you will have to deal a 'Back attack'
A back attack can only be done when a monster is attacking your team mate whereas you face the back of the monster and start attacking it.
Therefore it is hard to advance ranks when soloing these mission maps.(much advisable to find a party)

*Press "Esc" at the start of a boss fight as the whole party will have to wait for you to watch the animation before the boss fight begins.

*As you are a Jester/harlequin, your strength will be taking down groups of monsters. So therefore whenever you enter a mission map, try to rush to the areas in the map where there are groups of monsters. Monsters in linear placement are your weakness and you tend to kill them slower than an Acrolyte/oracle would.

*Stuns don't work on bosses

*You are encouraged to party an Acrolyte/Oracle as they can revive you and prevent you from losing EXP and getting warped out of the mission map.

Stats of Thief/Jester/Harlequin

Thief/Harlequin feed on strength for their massive damage and Agility for defence/accuracy/evasion/critical hit rate. On earlier levels such as from level 1-30 it is totally fine to be strength based where your focus everything on your maximum output damage. However from level 35 onwards, you should focus more on agility as Accuracy is very important in this game and it wouldn't be very nice "missing" on mobs when your skills are very meant to annihilate them.

A good way to ensure that you have pretty balanced stats between strength and agility will be obtaining set items.

Set items give agility boost and as well as others. However what we wanna focus here is the agility boost as we need accuracy/evasion.
The harlequin set item requires 2 parts to be worn in order to obtain an agility boost. Hence it will be wiser for you to put on 2 parts of 3 different set items. For example, A Futura Helm and a Futura vest(Level 34 set item), A Flame Shoulder and a Flame Gloves(Level 40 set item) and Superia Leggings and Superia Boots(Level 47 set item). Based on your preference you can either get this set items with +strength or +Agility options. Preferably for me, I'll get strength options so that i'll have a balance between strength and agility.

Here is a screenshot of how the lower level set items look like, Pretty darn awesome.

YOU WANNA KNOW WHERE TO GET THESE COOL SET ITEMS???
Check out this PAGE

Set Item Drop (Reward) Locations v2 - Dragonica Official Forum

Skills of Thief/Jester/Harlequin

Thiefs/Jesters/Harlequins are loaded with awesome skills and they are considered the most fashionable and funky looking in game. Lets start off with the thief skills.

Thief Skill List (Updated) - Dragonica Official Forum

These are what you should add:
Use reset skill scroll (1-19) before turning level 20

Air Combo Launch 1/5
Aerial Frenzy 1/5
Cut Down 3/5
Rocket Punch 5/5
Here are the Jester Skills

Jester & Harlequin Skill List (Updated) - Dragonica Official Forum

These are what you should add:

Skills from level 20-39 (Jester)
Exit 1/1
Burrow 1/5
Rolling Stinger 1/5
Final Decision 5/5
Upper Screwdriver 5/5
Claw Mastery 5/5

and finally the Harlequin Skills

Jester & Harlequin Skill List (Updated) - Dragonica Official Forum

Skills from level 40-60 (Harlequin)
Moonwalk 1/1
Stance 5/5
Windmill 5/5
Seven 1/5
Aerial Kick 5/5
Sonic Boom 1/5
Judge Dread 2/5
Provoke 5/5
Cossack Dance 5/5

For A better description of these skills check out this page(a simulator where it describes the skills in depth):

http://dragonica.db.mmosite.com/tool....php?md=1&b=41

AND

a video showcasing jester/harlequin skills !!

YouTube - Dragonica Jester/Harlequin Skills

Job Advancements(Quests)
[U]

Thief>Jester(Req Level 20)

Unfinished Business - (2nd job quest)

NPC & Location: Warrior Commander <Evan>, Archer Markman <Rony>, Veteran Thief <Cyndi>, Senior Magician <Edeline> || Port of the Winds
Rewards: 6330 exp, 13 silver 37 copper

1. Talk to Evan, Rony, Cyndi, Edeline.
2. Defeat Dr. Farrell.
3. Talk to Evan, Rony, Cyndi, Edeline to complete the quest.

Basically once you complete this quest, you'll become a jester!

Jester>Harlequin(Req Level 40)

Fight to the death against Drakes!

NPC & Location: <Arcanist> Pablo || Libra
Rewards: 369450 exp, 17 silver 87 copper, (1) Lavalon's Flame Ring

1. Talk to <Arcanist> Pablo.
2. Defeat Lavalon.
3. Talk to <Arcanist> Pablo to complete the quest.

After this, this there is 1 more quest

NPC & Location: <Arcanist> Pablo || Libra

1. Talk to <Arcanist> Pablo.
2. Get a 200 combo at smoldering swamp
3. 1. Talk to <Arcanist> Pablo.

Basically once you complete this quest, you'll become a Harlequin!

For the List of all Adventure Quests, Check out this Link:
Adventure Quests List - Dragonica Official Forum

PVP Tactics

Okay as i've said earlier, jesters/harlequins utilize combos to annihilate their victims hence I'll provide you guys with the best combos in game! These combos are best done in a 1v1 fight. Oh yeah Jesters/harlequins have 2 awesome stun skills, they are rocket punch and provoke.

here's a more basic one first when you're a thief:

Rocket punch>Air Combo launch>Aerial frenzy>Cutdown>Aerial frenzy

Here's something when you're a jester:

Final decision>Rolling stinger>Final decision>Upper screwdriver>Aerial frenzy>Cutdown>Aerial frenzy

Alternatively:

Rocket punch>Final decision>Rolling Stinger>Rocket punch>Final decision>Rolling stinger

Here's something when you're a harlequin

Final Decision>Rolling stinger>Final decision Upperscrewdriver>Aerial frenzy>Judge Dread>Provoke/Rocket Punch>Cycle repeats from start.

Altenatively if your Windmill reaches level 3 and above and you can control its movement you can substitute rolling stinger with it. Although Windmill deals much higher damage than Rolling stinger, Windmill is not 100% effective as opponents may still be able to escape from you in between your kicks. Hence for a sure kill, use rolling stinger.

Tips and reminders

*Try to stun your opponent first before u begin a combo as one wrong move could result you in death

*Always anticipate which direction your opponent is gonna roll and then dash towards that direction and stun/final decision him/her.

*Use burrow to escape from your opponents or prepare a sudden attack.

*Never use rolling stinger on a team pvp match unless you are unleashing your combo on 2 or more of your opponents as rolling stinger has a pretty long delay and causes you to be very vulnerable when cast inappropriately.

*Whenever your ally has launched your opponent up in the air, you can either choose to assist him with an upper screwdriver or an aerial frenzy or take down your opponent's ally.

*Roll over and recover from air to escape from attacks. This can be done so by taping "C" on your key board followed by your desired direction.

*There are 2 moves whereby people cannot roll over. They are Final decision and Swords dance( A warrior skill)

Here is a PVP video i would like to share with you guys, Pretty educational =)

YouTube - Dragonica Online Jester pvp 4 - QuarK

OKAY this has come to the end of my Thief>Jester>Harlequin Guide, i hope you guys find it useful and perhaps we'll meet in game some day=)IGN:Singer
Thank you IAH for the sources and thank you viewers for checking out my guide =)

Last edited by Singer; 10-06-2009 at 09:02 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-30-2009   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

I meant Guide Not GUild! ARgh sum1 please help me edit lol

09-30-2009   #3 (permalink)
Pandas!
Special
Games
AuditionPangyaTibiaTrickster Online
Awards Retired Division HeadAdmin AwardEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Shiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Symphony

I helped you edit, next time, reporting the post would do.

10-01-2009   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

ok thanks when will the judging be done?

10-05-2009   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

this is seriously a very quiet forum lol

10-05-2009   #6 (permalink)
Pandas!
Special
Games
AuditionPangyaTibiaTrickster Online
Awards Retired Division HeadAdmin AwardEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Shiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Symphony

I believe you have yet to check other parts of the forums for you to say that.

And the dates' written on the first post of the contest:
Quote:
Sept 22 2009 - Oct 9 2009

Last edited by Shiki; 10-05-2009 at 08:58 AM.

10-05-2009   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Okay thank you ^^