ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Dragon Saga/Dragonica > Dragon Saga/Dragonica Guides > Dragon Saga/Dragonica Thief Class Guides

Grand Fantasia
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack (71) Thread Tools Display Modes
05-17-2009   71 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

mrshine59 is on a distinguished road
Post The Dark Path and The Clowns Path - Thief Guide to Assassin & Jester

**NEW UPCOMING ADDITIONS** (Still under construction)
Hello all Thief fans, whether Assassin or Jester (The Dark Path or The Clowns Path). I will be updating this guide and adding a new Jesters section as well as many videos as I can. If some of the pictures/videos don't show, please refresh the page and that should fix the problem! Also if the videos are too small to see, right click the clip then select "Watch on Youtube" to watch the bigger size or full screen. I hope you all enjoy and I hope to win all your votes!

Guide Contents:

Path of the Thief
-Weapons of the Thief
-Thief Skills Sheet
-Starting out as a Thief
-What to do
-Where to level up quick
-Where to set your skill points
-Jewel Gear Sets
The Deadly Assassin & The King's Jester
-Assassin's Weapon
-Assassin's Skill Sheet
-Jester's Weapon (COMING SOON)
-Jester's Skill Sheet
-How to become an Assassin/Jester
-Where to level up quick
-How to set your skill points (resetting thief skills)
-Assassin Jewel Gear Sets
-Jester Jewel Gear Sets
Ninja and Shadow (coming soon)

“Path of the Thief”

Thief (thēf)
n. pl. thieves (thēvz)
One who steals, especially by stealth.

Personally, Thieves are one of my most preferred classes to play.

Reasons:
1) They are the best when it comes to Agility (although they lack in defense, the speed/evasion makes up for that loss)
2) They do Decent Damage, mainly skillwise.
3) Have useful skills that can increase the number of combo attacks
4) They advance into two great jobs: Assassins & Jester (afterwards into even higher classes)
5) They look cool: Jewel Sets, Armor, Weapons, etc…
6) Well…they are Thieves!

All classes are powerful great characters to play, it all depends on your preference as well as how well you know your character/class, your opponent, and how skilled you are at combos, skills, and how well you can fight.

First, I'll introduce Thief weapons because everyone wants a character with a cool and awesome looking weapon.

NPC = Non Playable Character

NPC SEN

The weapons look awesome don’t they? Wait till you see the Assassins!

Since we all choose characters based on what kind of Skills they have/use/acquire, I will present these next! (This was copied/pasted from the Dragonica.Iahgames.com website, honestly there is no better way to make this Skill Sheet :P - I only edited the cell alignments!)

-Here's a video on Thief Gameplay-

Starting out as a Thief:

The most important thing to when first start out is complete the first quest after the tutorial. That is to speak with NPC Dun Morgan to retrieve your Bandana. Why? You’re a Thief and you have to look like one! The Bandana will come in handy for it will boost up your defense a bit.

Now before you set out on your journey, here’s a few things to keep in mind: Quests are important and they raise your reputation and hold great rewards from experience to money to weapons and gears. Before you head out to North/South Windia Plains, make sure you take up on all the available quests you can, even the Dragon Lord’s Trial inside the Lord’s Chamber (usually located in the center of the map/town). You always want to stay ahead and on top of your quests. Why? Well, lets just say why waste your time doing the quests after when you can kill two birds with one stone? You’re going to be leveling up by fighting mobs anyways, so why not get your quests done while leveling up?

Another important factor is PARTYING! Dragonica is the first game I’ve played that REALLY REALLY encourages you to Party up and make friends. They introduced a new system called “Friend Points” where the more friends you make and the more you party up with the more points you gain. As those points increase, you can trade them in for Experience points, therefore helping you level up way quicker. Neat isn’t it? You’re not just wasting your time partying…it’s a great benefit so take advantage of that.

Where to Level Up Quick:

As I said before, parties are very beneficial, but probably does not need to be done until after lvl 4. When you start out after you’ve grabbed all your quests, make sure to head for North/South Windia Plains where you can practice your combat skills on tree stumps, sheeps, bugs, and wolves. Keep fighting them until you get to about lvl 4 and make sure you hand in all your quests to get the Star Mission Maps Quest from Dun Morgan so you can go through the mission maps once instead of twice to complete the quest. Mission maps are marked with a LOCK on the map (N Key), so find one in North/South Windia Plains with a party and go through all the missions to kill Big Bad Wolf. Once finished, you do not exactly have to turn in your quest, but rather repeat the 4 Star (F4) mission map over and over till you get to about lvl 6. From there on, it would probably be a good idea to purchase the Frost Claw, then continue on to Windia Flats Mission Map to fight Vega until about lvl 10-12.

Mainly, the idea is to find a party and repeat 4 Star mission maps. The benefits are:
1) You obtain FP (Friend Points)
2) You gain more EXP in a PT
3) You get rewards at the end of the mission (sell or turn into souls)

You can continue to West Traitor's Ridge to kill Tutu Ogre Boss after you get sick of Vega till about lvl 15, then onwards to East Traitors Ridge to kill Tutu's brother Toto the other Ogre Boss. Continue with Toto until lvl 20, then go get your job change and back to Toto until about lvl 22.

Where to set your Skill Points:

This, I will briefly go over since there isn’t much to say. Basically, you set it how you like/prefer. My advice, don’t just set it to one skill and one skill only. In order to perform massive combo attacks, you need to learn most/all of the skills. After you’ve learn them all, set them to the skills you use mostly or to the skills that dish out more damage. A few great skills to set them are the “Arial Frenzy, Cut Down, and Dexterity.” As a Thief, agility is a must and is your best friend as well as the art of surprise and stealth. As you fight, take into consideration about jumping behind the herd and attacking from the back as your party rams the front! After all, thieves can’t steal and attack directly as they have low defense.

Combos are a very important factor for thieves as they don’t have range attacks or wide swipes. My advice to all you new coming thieves: “Keep them dead on the ground or keep them in the air!” It’s easier to perform combos that way. Combo’s come in different ways depending on each user and their preference, but a good example of a combo would be: Arial Combo Launch -> Arial Frenzy -> Cut Down -> Relaunch -> Arial Frenzy -> Cut Down -> Etc… but that’s just a beginner combo idea.

Jewel Set Gears:

VISOR SET

At Level 10, you can obtain the Visor Set, a Jewel Gear Set that with the complete set adds Bonus Effects. This can be obtained from the Jewel Merchant at East & West Traitor’s Ridge by the mission maps.

JEWEL MERCHANT

GLORY VISOR SET

At Level 14, you can obtain the Glory Visor Set, also known as the Sneaky Rogue Set. This set I believe can only be obtained from the East/West Traitor’s Ridge 4 Star Mission Map drops or reward by farming Tutu & Toto Boss. (I currently do not have a picture since I didn’t obtain the set. I will use the example copied from Dragonica.Iahgames website)

How to obtain jewels: I don’t know how to obtain them, but during CBT jewels were being sold in Trade Shop so I purchased a bunch, maybe they can be found at the Mining Area.

Alright so that’s it for Thief, now as you are Level 20 it’s time for a Job Change. There are two Jobs that you can change into, and depending on which job you choose is the path you take. For example, if you choose Assassin you cannot change to Jester or to any higher Jobs of Jester ie: Harlequin, Clown. As soon as OBT starts, I will update the guide on Ninja/Shadow and Harlequin/Clown.

“The Deadly Assassin & The King's Jester”

as•sas•sin (ə-sās'ĭn)
n. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.

(Also Lvl 27 Invisible Set – Jewel Set and also my character: Shironi, meaning White Demon/White-Haired Demon)
-I liked this scenery so I added the whole screen shot XD

jest⋅er /ˈdʒɛstər/ [jes-ter]
n. A professional fool or clown, esp. at a medieval court, yet dangerous and skilled at AoE. (I tried to find better ones, but added my own after "yet" XD)

Here’s a peek at some of Assassin’s weapons (Job Requirement has to be Assassin also):

Assassin’s Skill Sheet (Also copied from the Dragonica.Iahgames.com website)

Jester's Skill Sheet (You bet this is on the Iah website also)

Alternately, here's a pictorial link to how some of those skills look for Assassin's and Jester's:
http://dragonica.mmosite.com/info/skill/thief01.shtml

**NEW - Assassin Gameplay & Skills**
The videos elaborate on Thief skills combined with Assassin skills.
PART 1

PART 2

PART 3

***********JESTER SECTION*********** (Under Construction)

**NEW - Jester Gameplay and Skills**
-Jester with a short clip of Ninja Skills-

-Khalamity with Lvl 20 Flashdance Set-

-Jester Rocking at PVP Videos-

How to become an Assassin/Jester:

Once you have reached Lvl. 20, the next step is to go and find NPC Master Thief Cyndi which can be found on top of the building at Port of Winds near the entrance (I provided a picture below).

MASTER THIEF CYNDI

As you speak to her for a job change, she will ask you which job you would like to change to ie: Assassin or Jester. When you have decided, she will give you 3 quests to test your skills before being promoted to an Assassin/Jester. The first two quests should be fairly simple, since it involves killing Tutu and Toto, but the 3rd quest may be fairly difficult for you alone. When fighting Dr. Farrel, you should probably team up with a full party, and if lucky with a high lvl person around 24-25+. Doing so would help you obtain your promotion faster, if not it’s ok it’s still possible to beat him. (I’m not going to give a guide on Dr. Farrel, since this is a guide for Thieves, but if you’d like to know pm me or forum me a message. IGN: [ingame name] Shironi)

Where to Level Up Quick:

Right after you hand in your quest and get promoted to an Assassin/Jester, take up any quests available at Port of Winds and head back to East Traitor’s Ridge and do the 4 Star Mission Map until about Lvl 22 (Preferably this is what I did since white tooth is not recommended at Lvl 20). After that, head to Bearded Whale Coast and find a party to Lvl at the 4 Star Mission Map to defeat White Tooth. This should get you to about Lvl 25 before you can move to Stevens Trading Port to kill Alvida. You should probably Lvl to 30 on the 4 Star killing Alvida then onto the Sanctuary Mission Maps (It’s what I did since CBT rarely had anyone at the Sanctuaries, but Alvida’s mission map gives about 10% experience each run which is VERY good).

How to set your Skill Points:

Assassin’s skills are probably one of the best and coolest yet deadly skills out there. Compared to Jester’s AoE (Area of Effect: meaning multiple targets or wide range of atk) attacks, Assassin’s skills can be as very much AOE if you use them correctly, but Jesters are the masters at AoE. They can dish out damage to multiple enemies without having direct contact which is very useful for PvP.

Anyways, you’re probably thinking “Should I reset my skills after I get promoted?” My advice to you is that you can, but I prefer not to. Why? Even if you did, most of the Assassin’s/Jester's skills can’t be learned till higher levels around 24+. It is probably a good idea to keep your current skills if maxed on some skills or set how you like it. During the missions fighting mobs or etc, you’re probably going to need the strongest skills out there to dish out damage. What I did was, after I reached lvl 27, I used an Intermediate Skill reset then Maxed all my Assassin’s skills.

Alternatively, this is what you can also do since the Rookie Skill Reset can only be used from Lvl 1-19. Before you turn 20 make sure you use it, because if dishing out damage doesn’t mean much to you and you just want to use those Assassin’s/Jester's skills, then you might as well use it then rather let it go to waste. Therefore, every time you Lvl your Assassin/Jester, you have more than enough to Max out your skills as far as it lets you as well as still fill in some Thief Skills if preferred.

As for their skills, they are AWESOME!!!

Assassin Jewel Set Gears:

CLOUD SET

(This is a picture of my Guild Leader Haji with Cloud Set - Very Awesome and Helpful Friend!)

At Lvl. 20, you can obtain the Cloud Set from the Jewel Merchant at Bearded Whale Coast and Stevens Trading Port near the Mission Maps.

INVISIBLE SET

At Lvl. 27, the Invisible Gear can be obtained from the Jewel Merchant at Skypie and Parmir Sanctuary.

Jester Jewel Set Gears:

That is all I have for info on Jewel Sets for Assassin and Jester at the moment. I will be adding where to get Jester Sets very soon (Give me time, I do have a life and work also XP). If you would like to check out how others look like for certain Level’s or job classes check out this link: Dragonica Armory

“Way of the Ninja”

nin⋅ja
  /ˈnɪndʒə/ [nin-juh]

–noun, plural -ja, -jas. (often initial capital letter)
A person trained primarily in stealth, espionage, assassination and skilled in the Japanese martial art of ninjutsu. A Superior Warrior of the night specializing in surprise attacks.

At Lvl 40, you can change your job into becoming a Ninja which I bet will be quite amusing. Since CBT didn’t introduce this 3rd Job Change yet, I will continue this section when obtained in OBT.

**NEW**
Thanks to BurntMyPie's reply to Jin's Ninja image, I was able to find some very Awesome Ninja Skill's list created by Cmoon. Click the link below and you just might want to take the Dark Path XD !!!

Cmoon's Assassin's/Ninja's Skill List (Credits to Cmoon):
Assassin & Ninja Skill List (Updated) - Dragonica Official Forum

“The Hidden Shadow”

(I found a few interesting definitions to match this Job)

shad⋅ow [shad-oh]
–noun
A specter or ghost: pursued by shadows. A mere semblance: the shadow of power. A dominant or pervasive threat, influence, or atmosphere, esp. one causing gloom, fear, doubt, or the like.
–verb
To follow (a person) about secretly, in order to keep watch over his movements.

At Lvl 60, you can change your job into becoming a Shadow. Who knows what Dragonica holds for us in these very new exciting Job Changes, but I bet they will be one to level up for and keep you playing!

**NEW**
If all you Thief's going Ninja or Shadow would like to see how cool you would look, take a look at Jin (Props to Jin) in this screen shot (from Doodle Shot Contest):
http://dragonica.iahgames.com/images...%20contest.jpg

I hope this guide was helpful enough to all of you as well as encourage many Dragonica fans to become Thief's. Whatever you choose, just have fun playing Dragonica - kinda like these guys do:

**Guide Created by MrShine59 - Copyright 2009**

Last edited by mrshine59; 06-22-2009 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Props to Jin's Fabulous Shinobi Image & Cmoon's Skills List!!!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-21-2009   #2 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

shinobido is on a distinguished road
Cool Super nice guide!

Hey Shiro, its me Shino. That's a nice guide u got here. I like how its very detailed and how u embedded kids. Pretty cool how you explained both paths and I like how you used those definitions and creative titles lol. That's pretty catchy lol. You could add more jester stuff though...although I know u're working on it. But hey if you need help let me know.

05-23-2009   #3 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

MagicHunter is on a distinguished road
IGN: MythClone
Class: Thief

Awesome guide =)

05-23-2009   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHunter
Awesome guide =)
Thank you very much! I'm open to any feedback to make it more reader/user friendly :P

06-20-2009   #5 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

chaotic277 is on a distinguished road

Just one question... If i were to use assassin's shadow walk,can i be seen by other players ?

06-22-2009   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotic277
Just one question... If i were to use assassin's shadow walk,can i be seen by other players ?
No you cannot be seen by other players during PvP, however if you stop and chat they can see your chat bubble which gives away your position/location.

06-23-2009   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Soxy will become famous soon enough

Also I think they can see dash lines.

06-23-2009   #8 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

minibug is on a distinguished road

YES the guide is very detail. BUT!! where is the main point? which is the skill to max which skill dont have to max? I only see the descriptions and all kinds of skills charts thats all. Hmm maybe a little bit on which skills to max which skills dont have to max??? Just like the other guide on other jobs =)

07-02-2009   #9 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

babylighty is on a distinguished road

do u no how to get jewels besides those coupons??

ty

08-21-2009   #10 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

oSoKZdom is on a distinguished road
Red face

it's nice
but i wan c how to add the skill
and after reset skill become wat ...please post it ASAP thx ^^

Last edited by oSoKZdom; 08-21-2009 at 11:25 PM.

02-05-2010   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Darksoul is on a distinguished road
IGN: Darkbleach
Class: Magician lt_mage
Level: 15
Guild: InYourFace
Xfire: Shironi Oblivion

the best guide in the whole website