ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Dragon Saga/Dragonica > Dragon Saga/Dragonica Tech Issues

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (66) Thread Tools Display Modes
06-05-2009   22 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina
Exclamation ~~*Dragonica Online Technical FAQ*~~

~~~Dragonica Online FAQ ver 0.2~~~

This FAQ is mainly for members who have technical problem when tries to run the game or having problem when running the game or so.
If you have other technical difficulties such as virus problems, hardware, software problems then please use this section:
- Technical Issues - /gg FTW!

New to computers? Try read this safety guide:
- Miyuki's Safety and Useful Guides and Tips for Newbies!

I know it's still bit ugly without any much colourful fonts, bear with it first x:! And I'm still compiling most of the problems found in official forums as well as from my own current experiences.
I'll update this FAQ from time-to-time, if you've any problems or you have other tips, feel free to tell me about it

[System Requirements]
Quote:
First stage, are you able to play Dragonica Online? Check the system requirement before you tries to play Dragonica!

Minimum requirements
CPU - Pentium 3 800Mhz
RAM - Higher than 256MB
Graphic Card - Geforce 2 and above [or equivalent]
Connection - 56k or better
HDD Space - 2GB

Recommended requirements
CPU - Pentium 4 2.4GHz or better
RAM - 1GB or higher
Graphics Card - GeForceFX 5700 or better
Connection - Broadband Internet Connection
HDD Space - 2GB or higher

Note: Minimum requirements only stated on "able" to run Dragonica Online, but can't guarantee smooth gameplay or so.

For those who're on laptop or so, using Intel GMA based system, yes, you can still play...but with bit choppy FPS, recommended chipset are INTEL GMA 3x00 series and GMA 4 series.
[Update your drivers!]
Quote:
Update your drivers! Makesure you've latest drivers, especially for your graphics card and also get the latest directx software.
Here are the links for your graphic cards drivers and also Direct download links for your convenient.
- Graphics Card Drivers Download and DirectX Download

Here are the links for your soundcard/chipset drivers links for your convenient.
- Soundcard/chipset drivers

[Check your directx version and computer info!]
How do I check my DirectX version, what's my computer processor, memory and graphics card? Also on how to get the dxdiag log file.
- How to check?

Everything is up? Download the game now!
Quote:
Dragonica Client - Game Client
Manual Patch
- Update_PatchID.exe
- 0.0.1->1.0.10
- 1.0.9->1.0.10

[Problems?]
Quote:
Display Issues - Please check this section if you've display issues.

Sound Issues - Please check this section if you have sound issues.

Gameplay Issues - Please check this section if you have gameplay issues.

Launching the game - Please check this section if you have launching the game issues.

Last edited by Miyuki; 11-12-2009 at 04:33 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-05-2009   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #2 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute

Checking your computer info and graphics details.
Spoiler!

Checking for DxDiag.
Spoiler!

Last edited by Miyuki; 11-12-2009 at 04:29 PM.

06-05-2009   30 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #3 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

Please click on the button which applies to your graphics card type to download the latest drivers for your graphics card.

Get the latest Directx here -

Last edited by Miyuki; 06-05-2009 at 04:45 AM.

06-05-2009   2 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #4 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

Gameplay issues - Display

1. Directx 9 renderer initialization has been failed. You may reboot this computer, and try again.
- This indicates probably you've graphics card drivers problem, or outdated.
- Please update your graphics card drivers here - Graphics card drivers update

2. Corrupted, choppy or probably "rainbow" like gibberish lines after launching Dragonica.
- Is your graphics card drivers properly installed? Can you launch other games and play it fine? If not, please uninstall the existing graphics card drivers, and download the new one from here - Graphics card drivers update
- Note for users who have ATi 9550 - You probably will have issues with ATi's 9.3 Catalyst driver, if so, please use the ATi's Catalyst 9.2 instead.

3. How to change the video resolution?
- You can do this via the Option button on the launcher.

4. Full Screen? Windowed?
In-Game settings:
Spoiler!

Manual file editing:
Spoiler!

5. Game running too fast?
- If you're using AMD dual-core processor, did you applied the patch yet? Available here - Technical Download Details
- If you're not, then check on your graphics card settings, try check and enable V-Sync option
- Try update your graphics card drivers as well.
- If you're using latest drivers, try reverting to previous version if it works, else submit a ticket on IAHGames's support site.

6. Pink screen background, maps, background colours changed or displayed something else.
- Try turning off some display function within game Option.
- Tried to update your graphics card drivers as well?
- Try uninstall and re-install your Dragonica Online.

7. Can't chat? Files missing?
- Locate your Dragonica folder.
- Delete Patcher.ID
- Launch the patcher.

8. Game start error..."The requested operation requires elevation".
- Right-click on the game icon/shortcut.
- Run as administrator.

Last edited by Miyuki; 11-17-2009 at 05:01 AM.

06-05-2009   2 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #5 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

Gameplay issues - Launching the game

1. Game crashes after clicking Begin button.
- Have you tried to turning off background applications before starting?
- Tried temporary disables any antivirus and firewall?

2. Hackshield gives errors when updating
- Have you allowed Dragonica Online and hackshield module in your firewall exception list?

3. DuplicateError=Game Client is already running.
- Check if there's any existing gameclient running.
- Check if you've running other games that uses protection software.

4. InitAppProtectFailed=Failed to run the anti-hacking tool application.
- Do you uses hacks?
- Check if you've allowed hackshield to run, especially on Kaspersky security suite.

5. Failed to create shadow accoint: Please use Window System Administrator account to run the game once.
- Are you on limited/guest account user? You've to be in administrative enabled account to play this game.

Last edited by Miyuki; 06-07-2009 at 01:30 AM.

06-05-2009   #6 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

Please click on the button which applies to your sound card/chipset type to download the latest drivers for your sound card.

Last edited by Miyuki; 11-22-2009 at 02:17 AM.

06-05-2009   #7 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

--Reserved Post--

06-05-2009   #8 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

--Reserved post--

Last edited by Miyuki; 06-05-2009 at 04:59 AM.

06-05-2009   #9 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

I'm still updating the FAQ atm, if you guys have any issues such as display issues, please create a new thread inside this section

06-12-2009   #10 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

Still updating it, but I need your guys input on what kind of troubles you guys met or so.

So post it away and I'll try help you guys, and update this faq as well

06-13-2009   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Pocoyoop is on a distinguished road

Hey, I decided to register to see if you could help me Miyuki.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Corrupted, choppy or probably "rainbow" like gibberish lines after launching Dragonica.
- Is your graphics card drivers properly installed? Can you launch other games and play it fine? If not, please uninstall the existing graphics card drivers, and download the new one from here - ~~*Dragonica Online Technical FAQ*~~
- Note for users who have ATi 9550 - You probably will have issues with ATi's 9.3 Catalyst driver, if so, please use the ATi's Catalyst 9.2 instead.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I get the EXACT same problem as this and i tried re-installing direct-x and getting new a new driver for my graphics card and i meet the minimum requirements for playing the game (most of the recommended too) so i was wondering if you could help me?

I REALLY WANNA PLAY DRAGONICA, BEEN WAITING FOR OPEN BETA FOR AGGGGES.

06-13-2009   #12 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

Can you please post up your computer specs? Also, please post up your dxdiag as well. Thanks.

06-18-2009   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Computer wasn't working but i got it back now with the same problem with dragonica and weird lines on the monitor :s

Ok here's dxdiag.. right i went on imageshack: http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/333/displayg.png for first pic
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/3100/systemj.png for second

I googled and found new drivers and they installed OK but they don't seem to be doing much, fixed some of the lines and stuff i think and there isnt any when i boot PC up but dragonica is still on drugs :s

EDIT: the limits on here are lame -.- spent 5mins editing it down and theres a kb limit :S

umm i attached the printscreens

Know a good website i can put the images on then link? found one

Last edited by Miyuki; 06-18-2009 at 05:19 AM.

06-18-2009   #14 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

Try this one.
Catalyst™ 6.11 Display Driver for Windows XP Professional/Home Edition

Have you updated your directx as well?

Here
- Download DirectX 9.0c (Mar 09) - FileHippo.com

I'll update the thread with known issues afterward.

06-18-2009   #15 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Default Thanks for the help

I think i tried this before (believe me i tried a lot of stuff) but it came to this error (when i tried now) so i didnt know what to do, hope you can help? thanks you help a lot for someone who doesnt have to

anyways here is the link: http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/5941/21862884.png

EDIT: this is what i get when i try another catalyst or whatever it is (9-6_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu is the file name):
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1672/16779502.png

I found the DL link on the amd/ati site where the one you linked was.

EDITEDIT: oh yeah, i had Directx 9 already but it came up with a weird error recently, i'll try get it again: http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/7254/errorcgk.png

This happened after i reinstalled the drivers but didnt happen before then, and yeah this screenie is taken after i tried installing directx again and tried running dragonica -.- so many errors when my PC is MEANT to play a game like this.

BTW i bought a new video card cus i kinda just gave up on this one and i got it just now (turns out it doesn't even fit in my PC) I shoulda checked before i ordered it but im not that good with PCs :P. Kicking myself atm for wasting the money, but is there a way i can get it into my PC? The box says it's PCI-E which i know is newer than the others and my pc is kinda old, coulda ya tell me where the PCI-E slot should be? Thanks

Last edited by Pocoyoop; 06-18-2009 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Added stuff o . o

06-18-2009   #16 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

Post full Dxdiag file here [attaches it]

06-18-2009   #17 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

OK, heres the file.. but can you point me a site that might help me with the PCI-e card?
The file is too big.. by like 20kb

06-18-2009   #18 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

Go to "Advanced" and click on "manage attachments" button and upload it there.

06-18-2009   #19 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Yeah thats how i did it in the first place but theres a limit on this site and the file is too big for it

06-18-2009   #20 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

Can you please upload it somewhere? Like Free file hosting by Savefile.com ?