ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Dragon Saga/Dragonica Questions & Answers (http://ggftw.com/forum/dragon-saga-dragonica-questions-answers/)
-   -   Best Bossing Class (http://ggftw.com/forum/dragon-saga-dragonica-questions-answers/93381-best-bossing-class.html)

Tardar 03-18-2011 12:36 PM

Best Bossing Class

So I don't have any interest in PvP at all, I was wondering what the best bossing class in Dragon Saga was.

Thanks, +rep for those that help.

LifeAt12am 03-18-2011 08:58 PM

Do you mean for general bossing or big bossing?

General bossing - Bosses from Mission maps
Big bossing - Bosses of their own special area (Example: Endairon, Farrel, Lavalon, Aram&Mutisha, Bone Dragon, Paris)

Tardar 03-18-2011 09:00 PM

I was actually kind of wonder for both. Also, to expand on my question, I would like to know the best at bossing in terms of damage output. I could care less about survivability [Knight family] or support [Monk family], however if one of those two just happens to be rolled into the best damage output, that'd be fine with me.

Do not care at all about PvP damage.

LifeAt12am 03-18-2011 09:26 PM

Don't worry, I understood from the first post you didn't care for pvp.

Anywho, in terms of damage output (And by this, I'm considering only damage and cooldown rate) on a boss with respect to using a weapon +0.... By the way, excuse me if I'm not naming by second job names. Everything starts to run cluttered together after awhile for me.

For General Bossing [Damage Output]
Myrmidon > Jester > Monk > Knight > Pathfinder > Ninja > Marksman > Wizard

For Big Bossing [Damage Output]
Monk > Knight > Jester > Myrmidon > Pathfinder > Ninja > Marksman > Wizard

I'm kind of sad that Wizards really get the low end when bossing. =/
I'm honestly a mage kind of guy at heart.

Edit: Whoops they were called Marksman, not Hunter lol

Tardar 03-18-2011 09:37 PM

I'm a mage person too, their probably the class I pick first [unless there's a class that gets guns] in a game. Though, can't say I'm surprised Monks do well in general.... Diffusion Cannon combined with the fact that they can heal themselves is pretty ridiculous.

LifeAt12am 03-18-2011 09:49 PM

Yeah. Monks only real downside is that they must repair constantly for the x mash honestly, but even that doesn't matter anymore once you've gotten a grasp on the economy.

Marksman do get modern-time based attack skills (Referring to grenades, machine guns, etc.), but although they deal high damage, the cool down for each skill is so long, you take longer to kill the bosses compared to the other classes. So I don't think that would apply for your taste in this game lol.

If there are any more questions, I'll try to answer as best as I can.

Edit: Changing Hunter typo to Marksman

kale15 03-18-2011 10:43 PM

I will give you that at low lvls marksman skills have mad annoying cooldowns. However as you lvl Marksman skills their cooldowns lower making it a lot better. Lvl 5 gatling rush has a 9 second cooldown and the grenades has a 2 second cooldown, and gatling really helps with respawns. those two alone I can comfortably boss with, so I don't want you to think they absolutely fail at bossing.

However I do find F6 better as I totally can just solo one side.