ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Dragon Saga/Dragonica Magician Class (http://ggftw.com/forum/dragon-saga-dragonica-magician-class/)
-   -   Am I doing something wrong? (http://ggftw.com/forum/dragon-saga-dragonica-magician-class/46697-am-i-doing-something-wrong.html)

arno 05-09-2009 11:45 AM

Am I doing something wrong?

I have a lvl 12 mage, and I sometimes do mission maps with other mages.

However, I noticed that many of them play the same, but different from me.
All they use is Meteor, and the Up Blast skill thing. Every single time.
I use different skills sometimes, and I don't combo very well.

I've not yet really seen a mage use the cannon head skill [I use that a lot], and I'm slightly worried.
Maybe I just haven't seen very many mages yet.

Is there really a "correct" way to do mission maps? Or skill build?
I'm just confused. @_@

kuyaBaka 05-09-2009 12:47 PM

^
Fortress really sucks, imo. It's only a bit better than your normal attack, slower, and costs MP. The AoE it has isn't very big, so the targets have to be really close together.

It is better to use Up-Strike, Meteor, Lightning in a combo. I personally find this easier to play with.

arno 05-09-2009 01:19 PM

I guess that's true, but Up-Strike, even if the cast time is low, sometimes puts me in a bad situation.
And I think I lag too much to use lightning efficiently. Unless you would care to teach me how to.

I better start using those skills more. :S

kuyaBaka 05-09-2009 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arno (Post 825450)
I guess that's true, but Up-Strike, even if the cast time is low, sometimes puts me in a bad situation.
And I think I lag too much to use lightning efficiently. Unless you would care to teach me how to.

I better start using those skills more. :S

I'm still learning Lightning as we speak. From what I've learned so far, if you cast Up-Strike before Lightning, jump mid-high and cast. If it's from a Meteor Crash, a small hop and lightning would do.
I really wish the spell would strike vertically instead of horizontally. It'd make it much easier to target. Maybe about the same distance as Up-Strike or Meteor so it's easier to combo.

Kudaranai 05-10-2009 04:41 PM

Before I did the job change, I use Meteor + lightning all the time. Some of the mobs don't "bounce" as high as others, meteor itself doesn't launch mobs up very high in the first place. So instead of using meteor right when you jump, use it when you're coming down, so that the lightnings will hit the targets as well.

kuyaBaka 05-12-2009 06:59 PM

I find Up-Blast + Lightning (while still in the air) + Meteor (after the targets have already fallen) to be a good combo-farmer. I can get to 200~ combo while in Tutu's F4 stage. A bit overkill for an S-rank, but it's all about the combos, baby. >D

Hatsukoi 06-20-2009 07:23 PM

That skill is bad at combos too, and the cooldown is high.

Jojo 06-23-2009 10:20 PM

imho, the cannon skills are pretty much useless.
normally in missions i just keep moving around & shooting, i'll only use a skill if i'm stuck in a hard situation; solo'ing a large mob that're above my level etc.

i just jump, & use meteor when i'm about 3/4 of the jump back down, since meteor doesn't launch the monsters very high.

that makes no sense > <;

kelian 11-15-2009 02:32 AM

just test those skill, you will gt reset skill every job change =D