ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Dragon Saga/Dragonica Magician Class Guides (http://ggftw.com/forum/dragon-saga-dragonica-magician-class-guides/)
-   -   Path of Destructive Intelligence (http://ggftw.com/forum/dragon-saga-dragonica-magician-class-guides/59989-path-destructive-intelligence.html)

10JQKA 10-08-2009 03:09 PM

Path of Destructive Intelligence

Contents
=(H1)Foreword
=(H2)Credits
=(H3)Introduction on Magician>Battlemage>Warmage
=(H4)The path of Intelligence
==(J1)The child who learns Magic (Magician)
===(S1)Magician Skill Tree/description (Level 1-20)
===(S2)Level 1-11 (Early Phase) Begins in Mystic Lane
====(T1)Gift Box
====(T2)HP/MP Eternity Potion (small)
====(T3)Parrot Feathers
====(T4)Monster Count
====(M1)Big Bad Wolf Mission Map(level 4-9)
====(T5)Magician’s Skills Build (Early Phase)
====(M2)Vega Mission Map(level 9-12)
====(T6)Rare Monster
====(T7)Equipping a Medal
====(S3)Level 11-16 (Early Phase)
====(T8)Set Items
====(M3)Tutu Mission Map(level 12-16)
====(M4)Toto Mission Map(level 16-20)
====(T9)Durability
====(T10)Hidden Map
==(J2)Using Magic for destruction (Battlemage)
===(S4)Job Change
===(S5)Battlemage Skill Tree/description (Level 20-40)
===(S6)Level 20-25 (Early-Mid Phase) To Port of Wind
====(T11)Battlemage’s Skills Build (Early-Mid/Mid Phase)
====(T12)Getting a Pet
====(T13)Soul craft
====(T14)Refine
====(T15)Socketing
====(M5)Whitetooth Mission Map(level 20-25)
====(T16)Knowing more about our Set Item
====(M6)Alvida Mission Map(level 25-30)
====(M7)Artis Mission Map(level 30-35)
====(M8)Night Lord Mission Map(level 35-37)
====(M9)Bahamole Mission Map(level 35-37)
====(T17)Chaos Mission Map
====(M10)Chaos Nautilus Port(level 35-37)
====(M11)Sambaba Mission Map(level 37-45)
==(J3)Believer of “Magic is Destruction” (Warmage)
===(S7)Job Change
===(S8)Warmage’s Skill Tree/description (Level 40-60)
===(S9)Level 40-60 (Mid-Late/Late Phase) The town with no lights – Libra
===(S10)Warmage’s skill builds (Mid-Late/Late Phase)
====(M12)Chaos Mirinae Sanctuary, The Hero’s Descent (level 45-49)
====(M13)Chaos Smoldering Swamp,(level 49-55)
====(M14)Chaos Ocher Forest(level 56-70)
====(T18)mini-boss
=(H5)PvP (Player vs Player)
===(S11)The Art of PvPing
====(T19)Survivability
----------1. (T191)Roll (skills)
----------2. (T192)Air Escape (skills)
----------3. (T193)Equipment (supporting factor)
----------4. (T194)Saving your Teammate (supporting factor)
====(T20)Offensive Skills (cancel casting animation)
====(T21)Skill Analysis
----------1. (T211)What are the basic (must have) skill?
----------2. (T212)Why Magic Missiles and not Spiral Cannon + Point Buster?
----------3. (T213)Should I pump Thunder Break?
----------4. (T214)Is Meteor Strike useful in PvP?
----------5. (T215)Why Slow Heal and not Self Heal?
----------6. (T216)How many levels should I pump for my Mana Shield?
----------7. (T217)Define lock or combo with respect to Warmage.
====(T22)When ACC comes into play
===(S12)Building your first long term build

Legend:
H- Heading
J- Job
S- Section
T- Tips
M- Mission Maps

(H1)Foreword
I am WJayTee, a level 46 Warmage from IAH Dragonica Elga server. I’ve started Dragonica after learning this game’s existence from my friends at around Mid July. I got addicted into this game due to the PvP features. Everything I do in the game, every equipment I farm, every skills I pump, I set it to PvP>PvE priority. At around Late August, I stayed at level 40 for around 3weeks to farm for my lavalon fragments, and by early September, I got all my 3 fragments with 20kcash. Unfortunately, I was hacked and completely wiped clean. That destroyed my motivation to continue levelling from 45 to 5X.

I enjoy reading guides and walkthrough a lot. (Strategy) guides from BRADYGAMES® are my favourites as it teaches us everything we need to know in the game. I dislike reading guides that fails to enlighten me towards the game in any way, and thus, I aim to write a guide, that will answer all my audiences doubt and bring their games further forward with tips that I’ve learn from my experiences.

I personally enjoy writing guide a lot as it requires me to explore the game more. I would say this is more of a “walkthrough” write out than a guide as I wrote everything in a level-by-level storyline basis and also sharing a lot of personal experiences with you. Beware as my guide is wordy, I aim to help my targeted audience (beginners whom are completely new to Dragonica and are interested in starting a career with destructive magician). Search through the guides for contends that you are looking for if you find my writings naggy. I’ve done several Walkthrough of different PS2 games. This is the first time I’ve actually tried to do a guide for a MMORPG game so I hope it is as productive as I wish it would be.

(H2)Credits
I’ll first like to thank...

• My audience for taking the time off to read this guide. Many of my friends have advised me to reduce the number of words and put more pictures into it. But my aim is to help beginners whom are completely new to Dragonica, and not to entertain players whom already know what is going on in this game.

• NinaWang for giving me the idea of naming this guide. I wouldn’t be continuing Dragonica if not for the gold and items you threw to me when I got wiped completely.

• Zinc AKA Ferociousx for the wonderful Banner in 10mins and a small congratulation to you for achieving your PvP goals.

• Kroenen AKA LadyLoL for taking your time off during Hari Raya days to help me with the videos.

• Jokerinc AKA Legnanih for taking time off from levelling your main to party level my GuideHero. A lot of Thanks to you for helping me over several occasions in RL without asking for paybacks.

• DefaultZzz for convincing me to pick the Path of Destructive Intelligence in Dragonica. All the items you gave me have made my game far more easier compared to others, and yet you did not asked for a payback in return.

• Credit to Kroova for his/her guide [Set Item Drop (Reward) Locations v2]. Your guide has helped me through countless time in this game.

• Kowiz for helping me fix the problems with my videos!! <333

• Wapzz and Irie for educating me on the max amount of stats obtainable from different levels of Set Items.

• Flauhs for showing me the ropes in PvP. You've taught me countless things in PvP!

(H3)Introduction to Magician>Battlemage>Warmage
Battlemages are one of the most wanted classes in PvE Dragonica. Known for its big AOE spells and high damage output, they are capable of clearing big MOBs at great ease and having no problem pulling a long chain of combos at the same time.

The Pros of Battlemages are that we only require options like INT and VIT. Other options like STR, Critical Damage and Critical Rate are pretty useless for us.

The Cons of Battlemages are that we have extremely low HP. Even with 100VIT, we could easily get knock out but other classes like myrm and harle in PvP matches. But nevertheless, I still recommend players who PvPs to pump VIT>INT priority for their Warmage as we already have a big enough Mana pool and damage output could be replaced by our weapon. As for PvE, a balanced VIT/INT Warmage should have no problem doing all the MMs.

(H4)Path of Destructive Intelligence

(J1)The child who learns Magic (Magician)
(S1)Magician’s Skill Tree/description (Level 1-20)

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...skilltable.jpg
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/1.jpghttp://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/2.jpghttp://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/3.jpghttp://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/4.jpg

(S2)Level 1-11 (Early Phase) Begins in Mystic Lane
Everyone started out in one of the 4 basic towns according to our classes. We being magician will start out in the middle of Mystic Lane. The time period of levelling from Lv.1 to Lv.20 should not take more than 40 hours if you are consistent in completing Hero Quests.

Speaking of Hero Quests, you might ask what they are. Hero Quests are being marked as a red exclamation mark on the map. They are quests which are essential for us to do in order to move forward in the game. It has a storyline linked altogether which I wouldn’t go much into to spoil it. Whereas, Adventure Quests, marked as yellow exclamation mark are “normal” individual quest which we would take to earn rewards like EXP and/or Items.

A simple start is to talk to Pablo to start the Sorcery Test (1) quest, and to talk to <Guard>Guffy to start the Counterattack of the Wolves Hero Quest. The task is pretty easy and it gives you decent EXP too. You might want to take all the other Adventure Quests you can find in town to rake up as many EXP as possible. After all, there is no harm cancelling those quests later on. By completing all the Adventure Quests and follow the string of Hero Quests, you would have no problem reaching Lv.3 and start your Big Bad Wolf Mission.

Don’t bother spending gold buying new weapon for yourself, instead, hunt them from Mission Maps. There is no harm repeating a Mission Map over again for any amount of time after completing them. After all, if you were to get a Godly weapon, you wouldn’t use it for more than the next 30 hours in game.

Remember to pick up all Wanted – [Insert monster name here] Quests. They are taken from sign boards located around the world map of Dragonica. These are quests which give you decent EXP and only require you to kill a given amount of a specific monster.

It helps a lot if you make an attempt to complete all Adventure Quests. Not only does it give you EXP, it rewards you with early games equipments which could buff you up slightly.

(T1)Gift Box
Gift Box are boxes which contain a number of fixed items which will be rewarded to you when you reached certain levels. Such items are usually Cash items which include Insurance Scroll, Shop Licenses and Parrot Feathers .etc. Upon opening a Gift Box, there will be a little firework animation on top of the character’s head. Give Box can be found in your "use" inventory.

(T2)HP/MP Eternity Potion (Small)
You will receive a HP and MP Eternity Potion (Small) by opening up Gift Box

These are useful red and blue potions which could heal your HP and MP respectively. It could heal up to 25000 worth of HP or MP. Every dose of the potion you take will fully heal your HP or MP. So let’s say if I always heal my HP when my HP reaches 100/300. I would fully heal 200HP after taking one dose, and I could use my potion 125 times given if I only use my Potion when my HP reaches 100/300 exactly.
So a small note to everyone, just spam those Potion when you need to. After all, it’s given to you for free! =D

(T3)Parrot Feathers
Feathers are regarded as a valuable item regardless of the level. 3% of your EXP are being deducted if you get knock out in Field Maps. They are use to revives the dead anywhere with EXP, HP, and MP fully restored.

As Parrot feathers are only usable at Lv.1 to 19, I suggest you saving them for later usage when you reaches Lv.15>. As EXP you get at Lv.15 and below are easily retrieved when lost.

(T4)Monster Count
Monster Count (the number on the bottom right screen) records the number of monster you kill in the Field Map (NOT Mission Map). At 100, 300, 500, 700, 1000 intervals, a chest corresponding to your character level is rewarded to you. Monster Count will reset upon receiving the 5th chest. However, the number will also reset if your character logoff. The chest contains random items depending on the character’s level. The most common item received in a chest is a Gada Coin.

(M1)Big Bad Wolf Mission Map(level 4-9)
What are Mission Maps?
Mission Maps are maps that contains a lot of mobs for faster EXP grinding. There are 5 stages in a Mission Map, the 5th stage is the "story-line" map which is required to finish for Hero Quests.

Big Bad Wolf Mission Map is located at North Windia Plains. I completed the 5 stages (F1,2,3,4,5) alone.

As far as I notice, it have 5 attacks. (I made the names up) The effect of the Boss spell is shown beside the name. Knockdown is the effect of getting hit and dropping onto the floor. In Dragonica, when your character get knockdown, you are able to perform a roll-away towards the direction in which you click when your character lands on the ground. Flinching is the animation of moving back when being hit by an attack.

The animation of moving back when being hit by an attack:

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/ss1.jpg

1. Charge attack – Knockdown
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS2.jpg
Big Bad Wolf would charge up by drawing his energy on his front paws before casting his Charge attack

2. Roar attack - Knockdown
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS3.jpg
Big Bad Wolf will lean back and charge up a beam of energy in his mouth before casting his roar attack

3. Bite Attack - Flinch
I couldn’t capture this attack as It seldom uses it, and I have problem clicking [fn] [prt sc] when it does. [Poor multi-tasker again!] =((

4. [Advanced] Claw attack (with a tiny tornado that travels a long range) - Flinch
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS4.jpg
Big Bad Wolf will draw back his paws and charge up before casting this move. This could be easily spotted by the glowing light on his paws and the ritual circle found under his foot.
I couldn’t capture the tornado as I was busying avoiding it. (Poor multi-tasker)=(

5. [Normal] Claw attack - Flinch
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS5.jpg
Similar to the [Advanced] Claw attack but without the glowing light and ritual circle.

Try to stay far from the boss and spam your X button. Avoid its attack by dashing up/down. Its HP goes down pretty fast and don’t forget to use your HP/MP Eternity Potion when you need to.

After defeating Big Bad Wolf 4star, you will have to come back and beat him once more on F5. The Big Bad Wolf in F5 have the same attacking pattern as the rest, so use the same tactic against him,

I suggest dismantling Items you received while completing F1-4 as it doesn’t cost much if you sell it to the NPC.

(T5)Magician’s skills build (Early Phase)
Most of the beginner magicians like to ask, “WHAT SHOULD I PUMP FOR MY LVL.10 MAGE???” Well my answer is pretty simple, pump whatever you like. As you are now at Lv.10 which I consider early phase, you will spend less than 40 hours at this job, so why not just pump anything you wish to play with and have fun before you couldn’t when you reach the next job? After all, you could reset all your skills when you reach Lv.20 (Job change level).

But before you start random pumping your skills, there are 2 skills which I think it is a MUST HAVE for all low level magicians. One being Slow Heal and the other being Magic Enhancement. Reason being? Pretty obvious, to heal yourself and to increase your MATK respectively. As for Focus, I suggest pumping that skill when you reach Level 15 and above or having at least 1000 MP due to the massive MP consumption.

So, for those lost souls who is still pondering on what type of skills to pump. I will briefly introduce the 2 set of attacking skills that the Magician class have.

1st set: The combo skills
The tree located at the higher part of the table, namely skill no.6, 7, 8. These are skills which are meant for use to chain a long combo. If you find chaining a long string of combo fun when clearing MMs, you should pump this set of skills. As of how to pull a combo with these spells, I wouldn’t teach on that. As I believe technical stuffs are learnt rather than taught. But fear not, there are plenty of guides, namely The ultimate mage guide! by Klarity which have a precise and detailed write out on how to create certain combos with this set of skills.

2nd set: The damage skills
This is the set of skills located at the bottom left side of the table, namely skill no.9, 10, 11. These are skills which are meant to damage the opponent. If you find clearing MMs are too long and drag-gy, you should pump these set of moves as it allows you to spam the cannon which could dealt a decent amount of damage to the opponents. The Cons bout this set of spells is that it consumes MP a lot. So be prepare to stock up your inventory with Water or MP potions, and of course, don’t forget your MP Eternity Potion (small).

(M2)Vega Mission Map(level 9-12)
Vega Mission Map is located at Windia Plains. Vega has the same exact attacking pattern as Big Bad Wolf.

This time, not only do you face Vega, you would also face another mini-boss which will be at the same Mission Map. The mini-boss is none other than Big Bad Wolf himself. The Big Bad Wolf has far more HP compared to the normal Ember Wolf in the map. Here is the thing, the mission will be over once Vega is down, it’s not necessary to kill both the mini-boss (Big Bad Wolf) and Vega himself. But if you are up for the challenge, no harm killing Big Bad Wolf too.

Same tactic applies to Vega as to Big Bad Wolf, avoid all its attack by dashing up or down and same rules apply, stay far away from him and spam your X button.

I manage to Screenshot a picture of the tiny tornado from the [Advanced] Claw Attack.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS6.jpg

A short note, Vega has a different appearance on F3 and 4 form F1 and 2, but that doesn’t change its attacks. In fact, the future Boss has different appearances on F1, 2 and 3, 4. But all of them still have the similar attacks throughout the whole 5 stages of the MM.

Items that are received as rewards in this MM can be dismantle for souls, or equipped if possible.

(T6)Rare Monster
I got really lucky today to stumble into one of the spawn time of a rare monster in Windia Plains and West Traitor’s Ridge. I caught a screenshot of it too.
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS7.jpghttp://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS8.jpg

Rare monster are upgraded monster. They cannot be launched. They spawn at certain time in random places of certain Field Maps. An example is Hizzi (upgraded) spawning at Windia Plains. (Not to confuse with Captain Whitetooth and Alvida spawning at the Hidden map, Wrath of Nautilus.) Some rare monsters drop equipments with awesome stats. Other than that, defeating a rare monster will result in a map broadcast (Only the people in the same map as you could see it) of a line which goes something like “[Insert Boss name here] have been defeated by [Insert Character name here]!” and some armor or weapon enhancement powder, or both.

A short note, certain Mission Map boss spawns at certain location around the world of Dragonica. Such boss includes Vega, Tutu, Artis, Whitetooth etc. These are mini-boss which upon defeating will have a slight chance of dropping an equipment. I will talk more on this during the later part.

(T7)Equipping a Medal
Medals are trinkets that are rewarded to players for certain achievements (yes, dying 500 times is considered an achievement). By equipping medals, you would get extra bonus stats from them and also the title of the medal displaying on top of the character name.

As of now when I’m writing this, I have had obtained 3 medals with stats.
1. Take it Like a Rookie! VIT +1 (Reach character level 10),
2. Rookie Adventurer ATK Speed +2.0% (Complete 10 Adventure Quests),
3. Rookie Hero ATK Speed +2.0%/ Movement Speed +2.0% (Complete 10 Hero Quests).

I would recommend equipping the Rookie Hero medal as it gives you an increment of 2.0% in ATK speed and Movement Speed (slightly better than Rookie Adventurer). The medal Take it Like a Rookie! Isn’t suitable for you now as of 2 reasons, adding 1 VIT in early game doesn’t make much a difference, and it’s more essential to add your ATK speed given the fact that you are spamming your X button for majority of the time.

(S3)Level 11-20 (Early Phase)
Farming in Field Map is still productive as each monster gives you about 0.20%.

NPCs in West Traitor’s Ridge gives a lot of Adventure Quests. All the Adventure Quests' task are linked together.

The reason for taking this Adventure Quests is simple. From my personal Experiences, it took me a few hours to get into a good decent “public” party which could stay and grind with me in Tutu’s and Toto’s MM. Majority of the time, I encounter players which either leave the party in the middle of the map without any words or warning, go Kamakazi and get killed or leave after doing 1 F4 MM. I advise you to rather spend this time completing the Adventure Quests as farming in Field Map is still productive. It would be better if you could get a few close friends around your level to stay with you for a few good hours to grind in Tutu’s and Toto’s MM.

Constantly grind at Toto F4 Mission Map until you reach level 20 for your job change.

(T8)Set Items
Set Items are 6 piece equipments which when worn at certain number, would give bonus stats. These equipments start with the same name and are followed by the body parts, e.g. Yorchild Hood, Yorchild Gloves, Yorchild Robe etc.

Let’s take Yorchild set for example, according to In-game description. 3Set Bonus Effect: DEF +23, 6Set Bonus Effect: MP Recovery +30.0%. So If I’m equipped with 3 Yorchild items regardless of which part, I will gain a bonus of 23 DEF, and if I’m equipped with 6 Yorchild items, I will gain a bonus of both 23 DEF and additional of 30.0% MP recovery. Bonus stats obtain from Set items varies with different sets.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/ss9.jpg
An example of a Lv.10 Set Glove and a Lv.47 Set Boots

Set items are only available at certain levels (..Lv.20, 27, 34, 40..etc.) and it is soulbound (which means once you equipped it, it can only be worn by you and not other people) when equipped.

I advise skipping set items of level 20 AND below as it doesn’t provide the bearer with good stats. On top of that, it is far more productive to spend the time levelling up rather than farming for these set items which you would only wear for the next 15hours or so.

(M3)Tutu Mission Map(level 12-16)
Tutu Mission Map is located at West Traitor’s Ridge. Tutu is companied by Vega when you fought him at the boss map.

The F1 and 2 map of this Boss can still be done solo but it requires a lot of dodging of the attacks from the boss, potions and time. I advise players to find a party when clearing the F3 and 4 of Tutu Mission Map. (I used 3 Parrot Feathers when attempting to clear F1 and 2 of Toto Mission Map alone)

Tutu has 4 different attacks.

1. Charge attack – knock down
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS10.jpg
Tutu will charge up before he cast his charge attack. He will “run on the spot” like how Roberto Carlos will when he do his Free-Kick.

2. Slash attack – Flinch
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS11.jpg
Tutu will swing his axe behind before unleashing his Slash attack. (never mind the green spots in the picture, its caused by the healing spell casted by the Oracle)

3. Throw Axe – double hit flinch
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS12.jpg
Tutu will swing his axe behind before unleashing throwing his axe. His axe will travel forward and the return back to him. You would be damaged two times if you get hit when his axe travel forward and return back to him. It works something like the spell wild axe casted by BeastMaster in Defences of The Ancient (DoTA). Again, don’t bother about the vacuum spot found on the floor behind Tutu, it was one of the spell by the Oracle again.

4. Moving tornado – knockdown
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS13.jpg
Tutu will swing his axe backward sideways before unleashing this attack. Upon casting this move, he will swing around like a tornado as shown above and travel a short distance causing damage and knocking you down.

Vega will show up in this boss’s MM as a mini-boss. The reason why you don’t see him in some of my screenshots was because my friend killed him before I tried to screenshot it.

Start the battle by casting Slow Heal on yourself. (By now your Slow Heal should be around level 4.)This will give you some extra HP when fighting him. Avoid his attack by dashing away when you see him charge up.

Dash rapidly upwards or downwards when you see Tutu “run on the spot” or swing his axe backward charging for a Charge and Throw Axe attack respectively as this attack travel a straight distance. Whereas if you see him swing his hand backward sideway charging for a Moving tornado attack, dash rapidly AWAY from him as his spin towards you is slightly homing, so beware of this point.

Stay away from him, spam your X button and be patient. You should have no problem defeating him.

(M4)Toto Mission Map(level 16-20)
Toto Mission Map is located at East Traitor’s Ridge. Toto is companied by his orc brother Tutu. Both of them dealt some painful damage to us. Tutu has the same attacks as his in his Mission Map. As for Toto, he has 5 different attacks. 4 of it being the same as Tutu, and the 5th being a Tornado spin on the spot.

Tornado spin on the spot

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS14.jpg

The four rule of fighting Toto:
First, DO NOT stay close to Toto. Reason being obvious, make use of your range ability and attack Toto from far. Don’t get caught by his Tornado spin on the spot.
Second, be patient against Toto. If it requires you to sacrifice doing 3 hits on him to prevent you from getting 150HP damage from him, make that sacrifice.
Third, be bright and fast. If you see Toto charge up for an attack, stop attacking and dash away unless he is charging for an attack at the opposite direction.
Fourth, DON’T be conservative towards your HP and MP potion. Drink them if needed to stay alive.

Follow these 4 rules of fighting Toto, and you would have no problem getting him down.

I suggest dismantling the Lv.20 weapons awarded away for souls as it’s only worth 23silver if you sell it to the NPC.

STOP grinding when you reach level 20 and proceed to Port of Wind to do your job change quest. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! I’ll explain this on the Job Change section.

(T9)Durability
Durability condition can be view by mousing over your equipment. All equipments have different values for their durability. I’m not too sure what are the effects and condition that causes durability to drop so I wouldn’t comment much on this section.

Every time when equipment reaches a near 0 value for durability, the game will prompt you by displaying a figure map with red shaded on it, indicating the part(s) which need to be repair. Durability value can be reset by repairing it with the Blacksmith in every town for a cost.

(T10)Hidden Map
Hidden Map are dropped from F4 Mission Map boss.

What are Hidden Maps?
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS15.jpg
Picture showing a Devil’s Soulstone drop and its appearance on the Misc. window.

Hidden Maps are Maps that will teleport you to certain places that cannot be found on the Continent Map of Dragonica. These places spawn mobs that will drop a Misc. item which every people who are eager to explore the Chaos Map will wants, Devil’s Soulstones.

Devil’s Soulstones are Misc. items which cannot be traded/ sell in shops/ Mail attachment or registered at Open Market. They are used to exchange for Void Stone and Chaos Map Scroll which will teleport us to the world of darkness and beyond. I will elaborate more on Chaos Map on the later part of the guide.

10JQKA 10-08-2009 03:10 PM

(J2)Using Magic for destruction (Battlemage)
(S4)Job Change
As many people should know what Job Change means from others MMORPG, It means upgrading of the current job. As for Dragonica, Magicians have 2 choices of putting their studies to use, for Recovery or for Destruction. Acolytes>Oracles are magicians whom specialise in healing and having a well-balanced base between heals and damage. Battlemage>Warmage are magicians whom specialise in casting spells with large damage output and also known for their large Area-of-Effects spells.

As for this guide, Ill further it up with the choice of using magic for destruction.

That being said, when you reaches Lv.20, you should head to <Senior Magician> Edeline for your job change quest and choosing your next job as Battlemage.

I’ve notice a lot of new players doing their 2nd job change when they go beyond Lv.20. This is NOT an advisable thing to do, and it applies to your 3rd job change. Reason being, the stats increment of your character is based on your job. For example, if a Magician gains a level, his based INT will have an increment of 1 from say 18 to 19, but if a Battlemage gains a level, his based INT will have an increment of 2. The values of the increment of stats from the 2 job are just random numbers given by me. I did not actually check what they are but I do confirm that the values are different between the 2 jobs. Hence, you will definitely lose out on a few precious base stats if you do your job change after Lv.20.

(S5)Battlemage’s Skill Tree/description (Level 20-40)
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...Untitled-1.jpg
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/5.jpghttp://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/6.jpghttp://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/7.jpg

(S6)Level 20-25 (Early-Mid Phase) To Port of Wind
I would like to start this part by congratulating you on successfully advancing your job to Battlemage.
Plenty of things to say here before starting on the build analyses of Battlemages.

Upon reaching Lv.20, you would reside in this town called Port of Wind. As the game have already moved forward slightly, you would not choose to stay or logoff at field maps (like you would do when you are below level 15) and would probably do it at town. Not only this, there are also other reasons why a town is located there.

At Lv.20, you have reached a time where Adventure Quests are no longer that profiting to you in terms of EXP rewards. There are still Adventure Quests which are EXP profiting to you, but I didn’t try out all of them so I didn’t know them myself either. Hero Quests is still a MUST DO in my opinion just so you are on-track to the game’s storyline. Other quests like Wanted – [Insert monster name here] Quests are still recommended by me and if you are going for the Adventure Quest Medals, no harm picking up other Adventure Quests in town too.

At this point of the game, you should start planning and farming for your equipments and Sets just so to keep the ball rolling for the later part of the game. That being said, I would also tell you on what types of Set items to aim for and where to hunt them. Gold and Cash plays a VERY BIG role in the later part of the game when you are getting certain equipments.

As the guide move on, I would only concentrate on the Mission Maps part as I believed everyone should have spent around 20-30 hours or so levelling from 1 to 20. By now, you should’ve been familiarised with the game and spoon-feeding you with exact information on every single thing in the game is just not a thing I should do. But fear not, I would still talk about some of the important things that we would encounter along the game. Other things, you would have to figure them out yourself.

(T11)Battlemage’s skills build (Early-Mid/Mid Phase)
In my opinion, Battlemage have only one set of build regardless of PvP or PvE. I’ll start by showing what you what is my build when I was a Battlemage.

http://dragonica.db.mmosite.com/tool...00000000000000

Focus
A must have for all Battlemage and Warmage. Gaining 20 INT and 24% MATK at skill level 5. This will greatly improve the damage output of Battlemage both in PvP and PvE.

Slow Heal
Another must have skill if you are going to venture into the world of PvP. Having restore 5% of Max HP every 3 seconds for 30 seconds, you would have an extra of 50% of your HP for 30 seconds. In PvP, right before the game start when everyone is doing their buff at their respective spawn sites, start by casting a Slow Heal. At skill level 4-5, it is able to heal teammate. Which means your teammate would have an extra X HP for the first 30 seconds of the PvP match. Where X is equals to 50% of your HP. Given that the first 30 seconds of a PvP fight usually determines the results of the game, this skill is capable of turning tides and securing a win in PvP matches.

Self Heal
This spell isn’t much recommended by me. It requires 5% of your Max MP to cast the spell at level 5. It doesn't even heal 30% of your HP instantly in PvP due to the increment in HP. But I suggest pumping level 1 of this spell for emergency uses in PvE scenarios.

Mana Shield

This is another must have skill for PvP, having the ability to absorb 30% of any attacks and draining 1 MP for 5 points of damage received in level 5.

It’s a crucial decision to make here. To sacrifice 1 level of Mana Shield for level 1 of Self Heal, or go with level 5 Mana Shield and neglect Self Heal completely. Well, in my opinion, I think that level 4 of Mana Shield wouldn’t hurt out MP so much if we have a decent pool of mana, given that all level of Mana Shield absorbs 30% damage. But if you have amazingly reflects in PvE and can avoid receiving large amount of damage and escaping risks of getting KO’ed by Boss. You can throw the 1 level of Self Heal away and go with level 5 Mana Shield.

The other skills are pretty much self-explanatory. Tornado is only a requirement for Blizzard. It’s a ACC base skills which means it would have chance of missing even though the opponent is the same level as you or having high evade rates. So I only left this skill at level 2.

Cloud Kill
It does 40% of your MATK to your opponent and a small amount of HP subsequently due to the poison effects. It’s a plan waste of skill points as you can invest your other skill points on other skills with higher damage output. Negative in PvE and PvP.

(T12)Getting a Pet
Pet are cash items which can be used for a certain period of time. They provide the owner with bonus stats upon equipping. I didn’t get a pet for myself as I personally felt that it’s needless to have a pet so I couldn’t comment much on this part of the guide.

In order to get a pet, you would need to complete all of Ami’s Adventure Quests like Collect Pet Clothing Materials, Curing the Cold! .etc. to unlock the Daily Quest. Upon completing the Daily Quest, you will earn yourself a Pet egg.

(T13)Soul Craft
Soul Crafting can be done by talking to <Soul Craft>Julie in town.

Soul crafting is the process of increasing the soul force of your equipment using Souls. The levels of Soul Crafting are:

[Regular] no options
[Advanced] 1 options
[Special] 2 options
[Artifact] 3 options
[Legend] 4 options

When you Soul Craft an equipment to a higher level, a random stats will be awarded to the item upon a successful Soul Craft. Soul Crafting of an item comes with a risk, the item have a chance of breaking when it fails the process of Soul Crafting from [Advanced] to [Special] and thereafter. However, Soul Crafting of items from [Regular] to [Advanced] will not break the item when it fails. Insurance Scroll are used to prevent the item from breaking, but there is STILL A CHANCE of failing the Soul Craft.

Soul Craft stones are cash items that can be used to improve the success rate of soul crafting.

The max stats obtainable from a equipments depends on the level of the equipments.

For Lv.34 set, the max stats is +9
For Lv.40 set, the max stats is +10
For Lv.47 set, the max stats is +11 ...and so on.

*I'm not too sure about the max +% stats for options like Critical Rate, Critical Damage, Evade Rate etc. As for non-Set equipment, e.g. Lv.45 Hood of Wisdom, I'm not too sure which category it falls into.

For Lv.45 weapon, the max stats is +24
For Lv.50 weapon, the max stats is +26
For Lv.55 weapon, the max stats is +28...and so on.

*I'm not too sure about the max +% stats for options like Critical Rate, Critical Damage, Evade Rate etc.
[credit to Wapzz and Irie for educating me!]

(T14)Refine
Refining can be done by talking to <Blacksmith> in town.

Refining is the process of enchanting your equipment using Powders. Refining weapons requires Weapon Enhancement Powders (blue) whereas refining armors requires Armor Enhancement Powders (Orange). Refining a equipment or weapon will have an additional number to the name of the equipment showing the number of successful refinements the items have went through.

+1 for 1 successful refinement
+2 for 2 successful refinement ...and so on.

Refining from +5 onwards have a chance of breaking the item when failed. Insurance Scroll are used to prevent the item from breaking, but there is STILL A CHANCE of failing the Soul Craft. The process of refining from +4 to +5 does not have a chance of breaking BUT it have a small chance of resetting your weapon back to +0.

Enchanting Rune are cash items that can be used to improve the success rate of refinement.

When refining Armors, additional DEF and MDEF will be awarded to the item if it is successfuly enchanted, whereas additional ATK and MATK will be awarded to the weapon.

When a weapon reaches certain amount of successful refinement, a glow will appear on the weapon.

+5 --> green glow
+8 --> blue glow
+12 --> the weapon is on FIRE!!!

(T15)Socketing
Socketing is a new release from recent patch. Socketing can be done by talking to <Blacksmith> in town.

Socketing is the process of creating a empty socket in your equipment/weapon(?)/Armor(?) which allows the owner to add in Monster Cards which gives additional stats.

I didn't know much on this new releases and wouldn't comment much on it. I'll come back to update this part of the guide when I learn more about it.

(M5)Whitetooth Mission Map(level 20-25)
Whitetooth Mission Map can be found on Bearded Whale Coast. It’s a very good grinding map suitable for level 20 to 25.

He is accompanied by a Giant Starry, and unlike previous Mission Maps, mobs will respawn if they get killed at the 3 and 4 stars map. In fact, all the Mission Maps that you will encounter from now on will have their mobs respawn if they get killed at the 3 and 4 stars map.

F1 Mission Map: level 20 Set’s helm
F2 Mission Map: level 20 Set’s chest
F3 Mission Map: level 27 Set’s gloves
F4 Mission Map: level 27 Set’s boots

Whitetooth have 5 different attacks.
1. Net Gunshot – “freeze”
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS16.jpg
Whitetooth will charge up his gun with a white smokey animation at the tip of his gun. If you get caught in the net, you would not be able to move or change the direction you are facing until the net releases you. You would still be able to spam your X button and cast your spell if you are being caught by his net so don’t dwell there if you get caught.

2. Poison Gunshot – flinch
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS17.jpg
Whitetooth will charge up his gun with a reddish smokey animation at the tip of his gun. Upon getting hit, you will be inflicted by poison. Fires a greenish bullet.

3. Gunshot – flinch
The casting animation of this spell is exactly (or not) the same as the Poison Gunshot and I still couldn’t find a way to identify the 2 attack until the travelling bullet can be seen. Fires a Iron ball bullet. (I couldn’t capture this move as it seldom cast it on me, and when he does, he did it at such a close range its hardly noticeable.)

4. Slash attack – knock down
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS18.jpg
Whitetooth will draw back his hook before casting this spell. This spell is a knockdown move.

5. Self Heal
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS19.jpg
A ritual circle will appear on Whitetooth’s body when this spell is being cast. It’s a healing spell and it heals Whitetooth for an unknown amount of HP.

Going straight for Whitetooth immediately when the battle begins. Stay far away from him and cast Slow Heal before the battle starts. Constantly cast your Lightning Ball when it cool down is over and make sure every Lightning Ball hits him for at least 3 times. Dodge his Net Gunshot as if he caught you when you are in the middle of a bunch of Razor Crabs (at times like this, Self Heal will play an important role in keeping you alive), it will be pretty much over for you.

A short note, I recommend dismantling any equipments and weapons that you get from this Mission Map. The souls accumulated over time can be easily sold for 85g per 999 to hardcore enchanters.

(T16)Knowing more about your Set Items
One of the amazing things about playing a Battlemage is the bonus given from its Set items. I personally notice from level 27 to level 54 set items, all of them have a same pattern, the 2 Set Bonus Effect always reward the user with INT.

That being said, it maximise the effect of all set items if you could pair your level 34 character with 2 pieces of level 27 set and 2 pieces of level 34 set. This would give you a +18 INT boost (+8 from Lv.27 set and +10 from Lv.34), not including the options that you could receive from the individual set piece.

Adding on for a short note, Chaos Set Items are the Set Items that are rewarded in Chaos Mission Maps. They provide different Set Bonus Effects to the user compared to normal Set Items. Chaos Set Items are worth a lot in terms of Cash and Gold. One of my solid ways of earning Cash is by farming Chaos Items. Check the market regularly and price your items smartly, make use of opportunities and you could earn tons just from Chaos Items.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS20.jpg
A comparison of a “Chaos” level 34 Set item (Wood Woodling Mantle) to a “Normal” level 34 Set item (Woodling Mantle) and a “Chaos” level 47 Set item (Chaos Manaweave Boots) to a “Normal” level 47 Set item (Manaweave Boots).

Level 34 or below Chaos Set are not profiting in terms of INT bonus.
As shown from the above picture, (not including stats from individual equipments).
1. 4 pieces of Wood Woodling + 2 pieces of Woodling = bonus +30 INT
2. 4 pieces of Wood Woodling + Farrell's Rubber Gloves + random eq (e.g. INT+6) = bonus +41 INT
3. 2 pieces of Woodling + 2 pieces of Piper + Farrell’s Rubber Gloves + random eq (e.g. INT+6) = bonus + 39 INT

The differences INT bonus between build 2 and 3 is 3 INT. But the 4 pieces of Chaos Set are far more harder to hunt compared to the 2 pieces of Woodling and Piper put together. The 3 INT bonus differences is not worth the time.

Whereas, if my build is: (Not including stats obtain from individual equipments)
1. 2 pieces of Manaweave + 3 pieces of Chaos Manaweave + Farrell’s Rubber Gloves/Ellumen’s Crown = bonus +64 INT
2. 2 pieces of Draco + 2 pieces of Manaweave + Farrell's Rubber Glove + random eq (e.g. INT+8) = bonus +42 INT

There is a huge differences (24 INT) in bonus INT obtainable. Its definitely worth the time to farm for the 3 pieces of Chaos Set for the extra bonus +24 INT.

This is the reason why I said “Level 34 or below Chaos Set are not profiting in terms of INT bonus.”.

So, try to work a build up with whatever you have and maximise the Bonus Effects you can get from the set items. Information regarding where to get the set items will be told on their respective Mission Maps as I go through them (Credit to Kroova and his/her Guide!). As for what kind of option is best found on individual set equipments, I will go into that under the PvP section.

A short note, Farrell’s Rubber Gloves is an item being rewarded when you defeat Farrell in the Port of Wind sewers. I recommend hunting for this item when you reach level 30 as it is really useful for Magician classes in terms of the Full Set Bonus that the item can provide to the user.

(M6)Alvida Mission Map(level 25-30)
Alvida Mission Map can be found on Steven’s Trading Post. It serves as a grinding map for all levels 25 to 30. She is accompanied by a Giant Starry.

F1 Mission Map: level 27 Set’s shoulder
F2 Mission Map: level 27 Set’s leg
F3 Mission Map: level 27 Set’s helm
F4 Mission Map: level 27 Set’s chest
(So try to get a party of 4 members and farm non-stop at the Mission Map for their respectively set items.)

Alvida has 6 different numbers of attacks, 5 of them being completely the same as Whitetooth’s

1. Net Gunshot – “Freeze”

2. Poison Gunshot – flinch

3. Gunshot – flinch

4. Slash attack – knockdown

5. Self Heal

6. Star Fall – Knockdown
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS22.jpg
A Ritual Circle will appear on the ground before this spell is being casted, and follow by a rain of Starry Lulu falling down from the sky.

I advise getting a party with an Acolyte with you while grinding on this Mission Map.

Alvida have a combo which she would like to use a lot, and that is to trap you first with her Net Gunshot and then finishing it off by casting the Star Fall on you. The moment you get hit by her net, cast Slow Heal on yourself to tank off her Star Fall damage a little. Try to roll away when you get knockdown by Star Fall to avoid further damage.

Spam your Lightning Ball and Blizzard on her whenever the cool down is over. When you have a clear path between you and her, cast your Magic Missile on her. Always keep your HP above 50% and you should be fine.

A short note, I recommend dismantling any equipments and weapons that you get from this Mission Map. The souls accumulated over time can be easily sold for 85g per 999 to hardcore enchanters.

(M7)Artis Mission Map(level 30-35)
Artis is the boss of the awesome level 30 – 35 grinding Mission Map located at Mirinae Sanctuary. He is accompanied by a smaller look alike, Darkenist.

F1 Mission Map: level 34 Set’s gloves
F2 Mission Map: level 34 Set’s shoes
F3 Mission Map: level 34 Set’s shoulder
F4 Mission Map: level 34 Set’s legs

From what I’ve noticed, Artis have 4 different attacks.

1- Stab attack – flinch
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS23.jpg

2- Slash attack – flinch
Couldn’t caught a Screenshot of this><

3- Electric Cannon Blast – flinch
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS24.jpg
This attack is slightly homing.

4- Fissure – flinch
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS25.jpg
Artis will raise his wand up and charge for this attack. This attack is slightly homing.

Having an Acolyte in the party is really important here as they play a very big role in keeping the party alive. Casting Slow Heal at the start of the battle is once again a very important in keeping your character alive.

When you see Artis raise his hand up to charge up for his Fissure Attack, dash away immediately till you could not see him in your screen. This is the only “Guarantee” way of dodging the attack fully. Do not stay at a spot for a long time.

A short note, I recommend dismantling any equipments that you get from this Mission Map. Weapons rewarded to you at this Mission Map can be sold to <Trade Merchant> Daisy.

(M8)Night Lord Mission Map(level 35-37)
Night Lord Mission Map located at Skypie Sanctuary. The Mission Map is a jump map (which requires us to jump through a lot of obstacles) and is known to be unsuitable for grinding due to the amount of time taken to clear a 4 star map. He is accompanied by Darkenist.

Night Lord Mission Maps have 2 kinds of Set rewards. That is probably the only reason why Night Lord is worth some time to farm on.

F1 Mission Map – level 27’s leg, level 34’s gloves
F2 Mission Map – level 27’s leg, level 34’s shoes
F3 Mission Map – leve 27’s helm, level 34’s chest
F4 Mission Map – level 27’s chest, level 34’s helm

Night Lord has 4 different attacks

1- Slash attack – flinch
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS26.jpg

2- Throw shield attack – double hit flinch
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS27.jpg

3- Thunder Strike – flinch
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...nnj/SS28-1.jpg
Night Lord will drop a ritual circle on the ground and charge up for this attack. A series of thunder strike is followed.

4- Shield
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS28.jpg
Night Lord’s evade rate greatly rose up causing you to miss your attack. I’m not too sure if spells is still able to hit him at level 3X.

5- Homing Thunder Strike – flinch
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS30.jpg
Night Lord will raise his sword up and charge up for this attack. Its easily noticeable as there will be a lightning animation on the blade of his sword, and releasing a series of thunder strike that are slightly homing.

I have no clue why the mobs didn’t spawn back after I killed them; hope someone can come confirm this with me.

The only thing that you have to take note of is his Homing Thunder Strike and Throw Shield attack. Dash away immediately if you see the ritual circle appearing beneath your foot and dash away till he can’t be seen on your screen when you see him raise his sword up for the Homing Thunder Strike.

Stay away from him and constantly cast Lightning Ball and Blizzard on him. Hit him with the Magic Missile only when there is nothing between you and him.

A short note, I recommend dismantling any equipments that you get from this Mission Map. Weapons rewarded to you at this Mission Map can be sold to <Trade Merchant> Daisy.

(M9)Bahamole Mission Map(level 35-37)
Bahamole Mission Map can be found in Candescent Cavern. This Mission Map is another jump map and not suitable for level grinding. The only reason why you would come back to this map is because of the Set items rewarded here. He is accompanied by a smaller mole called Elder Dudu

F1 Mission Map: level 40 Set’s gloves
F2 Mission Map: level 40 Set’s shoes
F3 Mission Map: level 40 Set’s shoulder
F4 Mission Map: level 40 Set’s legs

Bahamole have 2 attacks (I might have miss out on few other attacks, please let me know if I do).

1. Clap attack – flinch
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS31.jpg

2. Flaming Fissure – freeze
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS32.jpg
Bahamole will charge up before casting this attack by doing a roar and then slam his paws on the ground to cause a series of Flaming Fissure on the floor. I got freeze when getting hit by this move. Not sure if its bug, need someone to confirm this with me. =x

Bahamole have a pretty long casting time for his Flaming Fissure attack. DO NOT stand in line with him when you see him charge up for his Fissure Attack. Dash away sideway to avoid being hit.

(T13)Chaos Mission Maps
Chaos region are the darkness areas that is out of the Dragonica World. It can only be warp in by special Chaos Scrolls bought from [Lord’s Chamber] Dragon Lord’s Trail.
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/S33-1.jpg

Chaos Scrolls are named for the normal region in El Grego and Faeras in the world of Dragonica. That being said, a Nautilus Port Chaos Scroll will warp us to the darkness world of Nautilus Port. It has a completely same map layout of the normal Nautilus Port but you wouldn’t be able to toggle the Mini-Map when you are in there.

Due to the rip space teleportation, our character will suffer from the effect of distortion of space, and that is that they would only do 1 damage to all Chaos Map mobs no matter what spells or attack you cast. The only way around this problem is to use the Shield of the Void which when used, will grant the user the ability to damage all mobs in Chaos Map normally for 7200 sec (2 hours).

(M10)Chaos Nautilus Port(level 35-37)
I recommend anyone at the level of 37 or above to start farming for their Chaos Set pieces at Chaos Nautilus Port. The Mission Map found in this Chaos Map is the Chaos Alvida. With completely same layout of Mission Map as the normal Alvida Mission Map, Chaos Alvida Mission Map is a suitable grinding place for all level 37.

F1 Chaos Mission Map: Chaos level 40 Set’s gloves
F2 Chaos Mission Map: Chaos level 40 Set’s shoes
F3 Chaos Mission Map: Chaos level 40 Set’s shoulder
F4 Chaos Mission Map: Chaos level 40 Set’s legs

The Chaos level 40 Set’s helm and chest are being rewarded at 1 star and 2 star Mission Map of Chaos Night Lord respectively.

I recommend everyone to farm 3 pieces of the Chaos level 40 Set item from Chaos Nautilus Port (given our level isn’t suitable for Chaos Night Lord) and pair it off with 1 Farrell’s Rubber Gloves and 2 pieces of normal level 40 Set. This will bring a base bonus of +53 INT in 6 slot (Not including stats obtained from individual Set equipments).

(M11)Sam Baba Mission Map(level 37-45)
Chief Sam Baba Mission Map is located at Valid Raeth. An excellent grinding map for level 37 to level 45, I recommend all level 37 Battlemage to try their luck in getting a party here. He is accompanied by Giant Pumpkin Head.

F1 Mission Map: level 40 Set’s chest
F2 Mission Map: level 40 Set’s Helm
F3 Mission Map: level 47 Set’s gloves
F4 Mission Map: level 47 Set’s shoes

Sam Baba has 4 different attacks.

1. Swing attack – flinch
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS34.jpg

2. Smash attack – flinch
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS35.jpg
Sam Baba will swing his Big Bad Wolf in the air in circle motion before casting this attack

3. Poison Gas – Knockdown
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS36.jpg
Sam Baba will charge the poison up by raising his face (like a wolf howling) before casting this attack.

4. Headbutt Drop - Knockdown
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS37.jpg
Sam Baba charge up pretty fast for this attack. By throwing a purple ritual circle on the ground and landing head down in less than 2 seconds after that.

The only attack that you have to beware of is the Headbutt Drop, as the casting time is fast and dealt painful damage at the same time.

I advise getting an Oracle into the party and luring the boss to the side of the map as shown in the screenshots above, and having the Oracle to cast the Sanctuary. Get all 4 of your party member to stand in the Sanctuary and cast all your spell on Sam Baba. This will at least drain out 40% of Sam Baba’s HP before the Sanctuary went off. Once the Sanctuary went off, have your entire party to stay together (in the range of Oracle’s Instant Heal) and attack Sam Baba continuously. Have the Oracle cast Instant Heal every time a party member reaches 60% HP. Keep to this and you will be good to go.

Level 40 weapon are rewarded in this Mission Map. I advise dismantling all equipments and sell all level 40 weapons to <Instrument Merchant> Koneil.

10JQKA 10-08-2009 03:10 PM

(J3)Believer of “Magic is for Destruction!” (Warmage)
(S7)Job Change
3rd Job Change occurs at level 40. By speaking to <Arcanist> Pablo in Libra, he would give you a series of quests (2 quests if I’m not wrong). Upon completing it, he will job advance you to Warmage.

Just a short note, one of the quests requires you to obtain 200 combos in Smoldering Swamp. This could be easily done with a lower level weapon.

(S8)Warmage’s Skill Tree/description (Level 40-60)
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...skilltreee.jpg
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/8.jpg
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/9.jpg
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/10.jpg
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/11.jpg

(S9)Level 40-60 (Mid-Late/Late Phase) The town with no lights - Libra
Before I start preaching on anything again, I congratulate you for successfully achieving 3rd job advancement.

Once again, a few things to note when you reaches level 40.

Firstly, levelling from 45 onwards is a pain after the new patch. In fact, I have been spending days and nights cursing the new patch which makes Bubo less productive in terms of getting EXP. I couldn’t comment much on level 46 above due to the reason that I’m stuck at level 46 with little motivation to continuing levelling. But fear not, I’ll be back to provide a solid level 40-60 guide when I find the time to do so.

Secondly, the most frequently asked question by many level 35s, “Should I get my Lavalon Weapon?” Well here is what I think towards this issue, I suggest people who wanted to go for Lavalon to go for it only if you have the ability to earn cash in-game (or if you could buy them too). I really see no point in having a [Advanced] Lavalon Weapon +4 due to not being able to invest cash on it. Well, it is just my personal though towards this issues, really no harm if you go for it even though you couldn’t make 100Cash in-game. It’s pretty hard to collect 3 heart fragments (or 5 if you need cash for the recipe as well) given that the new patch deny level 40s from getting unlimited amount of keys every day.

(S10)Warmage’s skills build (Mid-Late/Late Phase)
Many things are required to put into consideration when deciding on Warmage’s skills build. To begin on this, I’ll start by showing you how I pump my Warmage at level 50 and level 60 respectively, and the go on to analyse each skills with you.

To level 50 - http://dragonica.db.mmosite.com/tool...02130210210200
To level 60 - http://dragonica.db.mmosite.com/tool...03251013510520

There are some differences between my level 50 build and my level 60 build. For level 50, I go with Mirror Image and Self Heal. Reason? Because I’ve made up my mind on getting my Aram Weapon. And to go against Aram/Mustisha, it is crucial to have these 2 skills in your arsenal. And to level 60, I removed, Self Heal due to the the X% of full MP consumption, and Mirror Image because I do not feel the need to sacrifice 1 level of Backdraft or Snowblues for this.

Meteor Strike
The most devastating spell a Warmage could have up to this point. Having the ability to dealt up to 10k damage (with 3000 MATK), it have a chance of hitting a crit. In my opinion, I don’t see the need to rush for this spell by level 50 because doing so will requires you to neglect certain spells like Backdraft and Snowblues. The long cooldown, cast time and the large amount of mana consume for this spell makes this a no-no in many situations.

Thunder Break
This spell is used to be a must have skill for all PvP Warmage. After a recent patch, Thunder Break is now an ACC base spell (which means it have a chance to miss or crit). Losing almost all its ability to damage high evade rate opponents in a PvP field. The only reason why you would want to pump this spell is that it makes it easier for us to chain a long combo in PvE. And for that, it shouldn’t go above level 1.

Spiral Cannon and Energy Buster
In my opinion, this are just two useless skills which is a required step to Meteor Strike. I don’t really see anything good from this 2 skills other than the decent amount of damage dealt.

Mirror image
A Skill Point consuming spell that granting the user 3 avatar which blocks all damage and effect done to you. It is a spell which will definitely piss your opponent off in PvP. I don’t see a need for this spell in PvE other than facing Aram or other dungeon boss. As for PvP, It would only grant the user 3 hit, and not 30 seconds. If a Trapper has set his eyes to launch and rip you in a PvP match, the 3 avatar (or maybe 1 or 2 if your level is low) wouldn’t make much difference to your possible eventual death.

Energy Transformation
With only 15 Skill Points required, it allows the caster to exchange his 300 HP for X amount of MP (depending on your skill level). With this spell, any Warmage could Energy Transformation x 3 -> Slow Heal -> repeat process. This will allow Warmage to kick the MP potions out of their inventory. Energy Transformation is just for use in PvE. It is unwise for any Warmage running to a corner of Labyrinth of Mystery and start replenish your mana with Energy Transformation.

(M12)Chaos Mirinae Sanctuary, The Hero’s Descent (level 45-49)
The Hero’s Descent is the Chaos Map of Mirinae Sanctuary. I’ve no clue why its call Hero’s Descent instead of Chaos Mirinae Sanctuary. The field map is a perfect place for farming and levelling for level 43 to 47.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/shinnj/SS38.jpg
A screenshot of the process of farming in Hero’s Descent

The field map of Hero’s Descent spawn mobs that have high droprates of items like Weapon Enhancement Powder, Slice of Cake, Yogurt .etc. On top of that, I raked 20% worth of EXP from 2 hours of Hero’s Descent, and received around 35 Weapon Enhancement Powder and 1 stack of souls. Overall, it serves as a good place for farming gold, cash and EXP.

(M13)Chaos Smoldering Swamp, (level 49-55)
The Chaos Smoldering Swamp is the Chaos map of Petrified Swamp. The field map is the perfect map for farming and leveling from 49 to 55.

The field map spawn monsters which have high droprates of Weapon Enhancement Powder, Slice of Cake, Yogurt .etc. I've gotten around 19% worth of EXP, 40+ Weapon Enhancement Powder and 1000+ souls from 2 hours of Chaos Smoldering farm.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/7606/12edited1.jpg
The picture shown above, [Credit to Kenzai of IAHDragonica] Link:http://forum.iahgames.com/dragonica/...ad.php?t=21605 is the perfect farming locations for a party of 4 members. I advise every level 49 with decent ACC to constant grind at this map for Weapon Enhancement Powders, which can be saved for future uses or sell for Cash.

(M14)Chaos Ocher Forest(level 56-70)
Chaos Ocher Forest is the Chaos map of Ocher Forest. The Chaos Elluman Mission Maps can be found in this map. I suggest all level 56-70 Warmages to train at this map. Camping in the boss map is prove to be more effective then trying to clear the F4 stage quickly.

A team consisting of:
A) 1 Tanker (Oracle,Paladin, any other class), 1 Clocker (Paladin), 2 Attacker (Warmages)
B) 1 Tanker (Oracle, Paladin, any other class), 2 Attacker (Myrmidon), 1 Saver (Warmages)

Get the tanker to lure Elluman and tank it's attack at the left side of the map while allowing the rest of the party clear all the mobs which spawn constantly at the middle. With a help of a Paladin's Clock spell, Warmages will be able to spam Lightning Ball and Blizzard at a faster speed. This improves the speed of killing the mobs. As for Team B, 2 Myrmidon with a decent 6000ATK will be able to clear the whole mob spawn within 1 set combo. Team B formations ensure that everyone in the party the maximum possible amount of EXP from a Chaos Ocher Forest trip.

Chaos Elluman have 4 set of moves. (I will get the screenshot of the attacks soon when I'm tanking again!! =x)

1. Swing Attack (Knockdown)

2. Bat Rush (flinch)
The most painful spell casted by Elluman. To avoid this spell, stand as closely to his leg as possible.

3. Woodie Meteor (Knockdown)
Elluman will drop a large Woodie from the sky, causing a knockdown on any character whom he have hit dealing decent amount of damage.

4. Vines + Earthquake (Freeze)
The most dangerous spell casted by Elluman. A AOE ritual circle will show up on the ground, follow by vines coming out of the ground which will freeze anyone standing on it for a certain amount of period. Elluman will only freeze anyone whom he is targeting at the point of time. The Tanker must be able to survive his "Vines + Earthquake", "Swing Attack" and "Woodie Meteor" combo.

Sometimes, Elluman will cast the Vines + Earthquake attack on the Attackers which are at the right side of the map when he is at the left side fighting the Tanker.

Team A situation (2 Attacker [Warmages], 1 Clocker [Paladin]):
*If you are standing close to your partner, the other attacking Warmage. Constantly spam your blizzard. This is so that you will cast your Blizzard the moment you get un-freeze from Elluman. Spam HP potions during the freezing period to keep yourself alive.
*If you are standing away from your partner, the other attacking Warmage, and that only your partner get the hit by the Vines + Earthquake attack. Run to his back and constantly cast Blizzard and Snowblues on him. This way, you will be able to freeze any mobs which tries to get near to your partner. Be-careful not to get too near to the Ritual circle as you might get freezed as well.Casting Slow Heal is also a good idea which will help keep your partner stay alive.

Team B situation (2 Attacker [Myrmidon], 1 Saver [Warmage]):
*This is where the role of Saver comes into play. When 2 Myrmidon is present in a party. The 4th non-tanker party member are usually un-needed, and thus play the important Saver role. This role doesn't required to use a Shield of the Void too. When the killing starts, you are to stand as far apart away from the 2 Myrmidon as possible (usually the extreme right of the map will do). When the 2 attacking Myrmidon get freeze by Elluman's Vines + Earthquake attack, you're job is to get near them and spam your Blizzard and Snowblues on them. It is important to cast Slow Heal to keep the 2 Myrmidon alive too.

(T17)mini-boss
Mini-boss are Mission Maps boss that spawns in certain location in the world of Dragonica. They spawn at certain times (usually 2 hours 45 minutes after they have been last killed) at random places around certain maps. Mini-boss also spawn immediately have every maintenance, and 2 hours 45 minutes thereafter it have been killed.

Most of the mini-boss have a unique rare equipment that resemble them. These items are considered rare and and usually have good stats. The following is a list (incomplete, will update soon) of mini-boss with their equipments and spawn location.
(I apologize if I made a mistake here. This are all my general knowledge and educated assumptions! Hope someone can confirm with me!)

Mini-boss----------------Item-----------------Spawn location

Big Bad Wolf-----Big Bad Wolf Paw----------Crisis of Wind Plains
Vega-------------Vegas Stuffed Hat----------Crisis of Wind Plains
Tutu----------------????????????-------------Thieves' Hideout
Toto-----------Toto's Wooden Shield--------Thieves' Hideout
Whitetooth---Captain White Tooth's Hat----Wrath of Nautilus
Alvida------------Alvida's Picnic Hat----------Wrath of Nautilus
Artis----------------????????????--------------Dangerous Mecca
Night Lord---------Lightning Sabre-----------Dangerous Mecca
Bahamole-----------????????????------------Barlok's Lair
Sam Baba-----Sambaba's Horned Helm-----Barlok's Lair
Vella--------------Vella's Wing----------------Muddy Mire
Elluman----------Elluman's Crown------------Muddy Mire

10JQKA 10-08-2009 03:11 PM

(H5)PvP (Player VS Player)
The second best thing in Dragonica other than killing AFKers (joking!=p) is definitely the PvP system.

The only way to be successful in PvPing is to PvP your hearts out whenever you want to, as I always believe this, to PvP to Learn and NOT to PvP to Win. Because honestly, how do you actually get good in something without doing it constantly? PvP can’t be taught. You wouldn’t be able to master anything just by reading guides that teaches you how to PvP. Instead, try out your character by PvPing your friends in friendly matches, and then read on guides of other classes. By knowing how the opposing class could lock you in a deadly combo, you would be able to avoid or even counter against it. I’ll analyse each skills with you throughout this section, talk about the type of equipments you should get and things you should take note of in PvP. This way, you would have a rough theoretical idea of Warmages in PvP. The rest is up to individuals to explore and learn.

(S11)The Art of PvPing
What differentiates a Pro from a Noob in PvP is definitely not the win-lose ration but the ability to survive in a PvP match and locking your opponent.

(T19)Survivability
Definition: the ability to survive in a PvP match.

PvP is a battle of survivability. Whoever has the ability (skills) to survive with the help of equipments (supporting factor) deserves to win the match, I will go through each skills and supporting factor that affects the survivability in PvP.
  1. (T191)Roll (skills)(names given by me)
    immediate roll
    immediate roll is performed immediately the second you touches the ground. It is done by clicking on "jump" and "direction button" (depending on where you wanted to roll to) when your body is about to touch the ground from a launch. It is not advised to spam the "jump" and "direction button" during the whole process in hope to execute it.

after-fall roll
    after-fall rolling system is only release in the recent patch. It allows the player to have a chance of rolling away after you have landed on the ground. It is performed by clicking "jump" and "directional button" (depending on where you wanted to roll to) after you have landed on the ground.

Rolling is an escape route from combos in PvP. By performing well-timed and accurate rollings in PvP, it will cut out the chances of getting caught in a combo and thus, improve your chances of surviving in a PvP match and also at the same time.
  2. (T192)Air Escape (skills)
    Air Escape is a recent release alongside with after-fall roll. It allows players to escape air combos in mid-air by clicking "jump" and "directional button" (depending on where you wanted to jump to) once you have finish receiving damage. The release of this Air Escape system just tilted the PvP weighing balance towards the “skills required” side.

Air Escaping is as crucial as Rolling as it could save you from many situations like getting caught in a Myrm’s combo or being launched into the air during a Team Fight mass clash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCTWUFaadoc
  3. (T193)Equipments (supporting factor)
    Equipments play a big role in a PvP match. For Warmage, I (and I’m sure many other Warmage will to) advise you to get equipments with VIT priority over INT. This is due to the lack of physical defences and HP that Warmage have in PvP. Many would say, what will happen to our MATK if we ignore our INT. Well, here is the thing. MATK and INT can be easily replaced by our weapon and Set equipment bonus respectively whereas VIT can’t. Our main role in PvP (or usually team battles) is to freeze and disable our opponent(s). With the amount of damage output combined together as a team, the small differences in your MATK due to few INT figures exchanged for VIT is definitely a worthy sacrifice.

I’ve recently noticed a very interesting thing from a particular Warmage. He/She pumped INT priority over AGI instead of VIT, having a value of around 19X and 13X for INT and AGI respectively. My first guess is that he/she is definitely focusing on Critical Damage/ Critical Rate for the spell Magic Missiles (given that many have claim AGI affects Crit.dmg/rate). I advise this is not a thing to do due to several reasons.

Firstly, Your are neglecting your VIT, that would makes you a soft paper which other classes like Ninja, Myrm, Trapper or even Harle would have a easier time ripping you apart. With around 8X-9X VIT, your HP in PvP is 12k. But if you were to concentrate on VIT and INT, hitting 13X VIT will gives you 20k HP.
    Secondly, You will be balancing your required stats into 3 different categories if you were to play AGI. Now that you have a high critical rate/damage’s magic missiles, you would require a solid ACC base orelse there is no point going around with it. +ACC equipments are expensive too in markets.
  4. (T194)Save your Teammate (supporting factor)
    Saving your teammate in a Team Match is as important as killing one of your opponent. Never try to chase down another opponent when you saw one of your teammate being caught in a combo. Try to break the chain by casting your Tornado, Backdraft or Lightning Ball. Cast Blizzard only if the opponent class is Harle due to the reason that they couldn’t stop their spells if they are doing their combo. There is no exact way of breaking a chain in a PvP match. Experiences gain through long term PvPing will allow you to react in the shortest possible time, making the best decision.
(T20)Offensive Skill(cancel casting animation)
The 5 most important offensive spells from a Warmage are Ball Lightning, Blizzard, Backdraft, Snow Blues and Magic Missiles. Out of these 5 spells, 2 requires casting time while 3 requires casting animation.

The rule of PvP is to catch your opponent, lock him/her and kill him/her as fast as possible within a set of combos. In order to achieve this, catching spells are being cast. Catching spells refers to spells which are able to knockdown, stun or any effect that will cause your opponent to be disable for a short amount of time.

Ball Lightning, Backdraft serves as the best catching spells for Warmages as they have immediate disabling effect(Ball Lightning being the zapping effect, and Backdraft being the flinch effect when taking the damage). But if one were to notice carefully, casting Backdraft and Ball Lighnting requires a very short amount of time, even though it could be known as instant. Casting Ball Lightning requires your Warmage to raise both arms in the air fully until he/she is free to move again whereas Backdraft requires your Warmage to raise a single arm in the air fully until he/she is free to move again. To simplified this, casting of the 3 spells which requires casting animation will disable your Warmage for a very short period of time. And at this short period of time, a pro PvPer will find just enough time to catch you with 1 spell, and deliver his lock and send you back to your spawnsite. To avoid this, canceling of casting animations comes into the picture.

Many Warmage would've known this. Canceling of casting animation only requires to click jump immediately after casting a spell.

E.g.
Ball Lightning is button "s"
jump is button "c"

1. cast Ball Lightning by clicking on [s]
2. cancel animation by clicking on [c] immediately

After knowing the basics of canceling spell animation, lets take a step forward and learn about offending and escaping at the same time.

During the process of catching your opponent with Ball Lightning, Backdraft or even Blizzard. One would normally spam the spells on strategic locations in an attempt to catch them. Thus, we can conclude the process of catching will requires a Warmage to cast any of the 3 catching spells more than once. Many pro PvPers in Dragonica catches their opponent when they are casting a spell, because that is the only opening whereby the character will stand still at a spot for a short period of time. To eliminate this possibility, we will have to play with the technique of canceling casting animation.

Canceling casting animation gives us a heads up of being able to cast a spell at less than 0.1 second. So by pairing a jump dash after canceling your cast animation will gives your opponent more difficulties to catch you. This way, it just takes less than 1 second to cast a spell, and escape from the spot .

E.g.
Ball Lightning is button "s"
jump is button "c"
directional button as default

1. cast Ball Lightning by clicking on [s]
2. cancel animation by clicking on [c] immediately
3. jump by clicking on [c] again
4. click on a desire directional button to dash towards it in the air

Repeat the series of instruction above quickly, and you will be able to cast and escape, cast and escape. This is as much as I can teach you. The only way to get better at this is to practice constantly instead of reading this section again for 50 times.

To add on to the last part, offensive skill also includes offending intelligently. This will means attacking your stationary opponent behind their back instead of their front. When you have successfully caught your opponent in a Ball Lightning, one would normally throw a Blizzard or Snow Blues to freeze your opponent. After your opponent freezes, make your way to his back and start your combo from there. Never ever combo your opponent in front of them even when they are being freeze. If your opponent is a Ninja, he would be able to send you a Rocket Punch as soon as he gets un-freeze and turn the tide.

So remember! ALWAYS attack a stationary opponent behind his back!

(T21)Skill Analysis
These are the 2 PvP skill builds which I recommend at level 30, 40 and 50.

Level 30: http://dragonica.db.mmosite.com/tool...00000000000000
Level 40: http://dragonica.db.mmosite.com/tool...00000000000000
Level 50: http://dragonica.db.mmosite.com/tool...02030010210200

Noticed the 90 skill points that are left alone at Level 50? That is saved for level 5+ uses. And you might have noticed that I only pump several skills. I’ll break down the next section of Skill Analysis into different section just for easy reading and understanding.

1. (T211)What are the basic (must have) skill?
    Slow Heal
    level 5 is a MUST!
    Mana Shield
    Keep it at between level 3 or 4 depending on your mana pool.
    Basic Battlemage’s offensive spells
    Must have except for Tornado. Keep Tornado at level 2 just for Blizzard. Tornado used to be pretty effective in catching opponents with low Evade Rate (or as a spell to KO low HP enemies due to the instant cast time and a chance at crit), but have been greatly affected by the Air Escape system.
    Backdraft and Snow Blues
    Good disabling and freezing spell respectively
    Mirror Image
    pretty useless in PvP due to the reason that the 90 sec cool down buffs only last for 3 attacks (regardless of the damage) and not 30 sec. A Harle can clear the 3 images in 1 sec by just casting a random spell on you.
    Focus, Staff Mastery and Magic Enhancement
    they are highly recommended to max out for PvP.

A short note on this, Knight/Paladin’s Revenge now works on Warmage/Battlemage too.
  2. (T212)Why Magic Missiles and not Spiral Cannon + Point Buster? (Warmage)
    According to game data, each Magic Missiles dealt 32% of your Weapon MATK + 100, whereas Spiral Cannon and Point Buster dealt 120% of your MATK + 150 and 150% of weapon MATK + 200.

After tabulating the damage, it is (32% + 100) x 10 against 120% + 150 and 150% + 200. So it’s pretty clear why Magic Missiles are preferred. (I apologize if the damage of the spells isn’t calculated this way, but after asking around in forums during my younger time taught me it was calculated that way. But nonetheless, MM is still much more preferred than SC and PB due to the damage output.)
  3. (T213)Should I pump Thunder Break? (Warmage)
    After the patch, Thunder Break has been greatly bought down due to it being an ACC based skill.

Thunder Break deal pretty painful damage to the opponent as it does 25% of your MATK on 4 enemies in range for 60 sec. If you are equipped with a Lavalon Weapon that gives you around 3.5K MATK, the damage will be 875 with a chance of crit-ing. The only bad thing you have to stick up to is that it will miss on opponents with high Evade Rate.
  4. (T214)Is Meteor Strike useful in PvP? (Warmage)
    Meteor Strike is no doubt the highest damage skill a Warmage could have at level 65. Given that the spell is ACC based. It would have a chance to miss on opponents with high Evade Rate. But if you were to crit hit an opponent with 3.5k MATK, it could remove 7/10 of your opponent’s HP bar instantly.

The long cool down has always been the factor that makes many Warmage across the server to discourage others to pump it for PvP.

My thought on this is that players should start pumping for this spell only when you go above level 50 because if you were to go for level 1 Meteor Strike at level 50, you would have to neglect on many other spells which isn’t worthy as a whole.
  5. (T215)Why Slow Heal and not Self Heal? (Battlemage/Warmage)
    Self Heal converts (I have no idea about the conversion rate) the amount of MATK you have into heal amount and cast a recovery spell on yourself for the cost of 5% of Max MP at level 5.

The bad side about this spell is that whatever much your MATK is, it would only heal maximum of ¼ of your HP in PvP unlike in PvE. Say if I have 4k MATK with a HP of 25k in PvP. Self Heal will only recover around 4XXX of my HP. That is around 15% of the HP. Unlike in PvE, if you have 4K MATK with a HP of 5K, Self Heal will recover nearly 80% of your HP. This is why Self Heal is only preferred in dungeon boss like Aram.

Slow Heal is a must have spell in PvP due to the reason of healing 50% HP over a period of 30 seconds. The fact that it recovers 50% HP over a period instead of “instant heals” like Self Heal just increase Warmages’ survivability when caught in a combo.
  6. (T216)How many levels should I pump for my Mana Shield?(Battlemage/Warmage)
    Mana Shield is another must have spell for Warmage in PvP. As Warmage are the disabler in PvP matches coupled with high damage output, it is no surprise to see “get WM first!” from your opponent’s chat in any Team Matches.

Mana Shield absorb 30% of the damage we received by exchanging it with our MP. I advise going for level 4 Mana Shield and level 4 Slow Heal at Level 30 due to the lower mana pool that Battlemage have. Other than that, sticking at level 3 Mana Shield should be fine when you reach level 40 and 50.
  7. (T217)Define lock with respect to Warmage.
    Locking refers to a chain of combos which usually requires skills and perfect timing to perform, that gives your opponent very little chance of escaping in the form of Rolling or Air Escape.

Warmage/Battlemage is well-known for their deadly freezes in PvP matches. To lock an opponent in PvP with a Warmage, it would require certain amount of luck for your Blizzard to freeze your opponent, and also a large amount of skills to execute your Blizzard at the perfect time. A Lightning Ball coupled with level 5 Energy Condensation is a deadly skill in PvP due to the high amount of dps. When an opponent get caught in your Lightning Ball, put a Blizzard on his spot, the “paralyzed” effect from the Lightning Ball will ensure that the opponent is being kept for a longer time within the Blizzard’s AOE, thus higher chances of freezing.

The inclusion of Backdraft to your spell arsenal allow Warmage to have an easier time locking their opponent. Backdraft causes your opponent to flinch per damage received. Casting a Blizzard on the spot where the opponent gets caught in a Backdraft will ensure that your opponent is being kept for a longer time withing the Blizzard's AOE, thus higher chances of freezing.

1v1 PvP with Warmage involves a lot of skills as majority of Warmage spells and effect requires a short time to cast and take place.

It is crucial to time your spells accurately when your opponent has been freeze. Try to keep your opponent stuck at his spot as long as possible by casting your Blizzard and Snow Blues between a larger time intervals. Blizzard freezes the opponent for 5 sec whereas Snow Blues freezes the opponent for 2-3 sec. I will use a simple video to illustrate the meaning of “casting your Blizzard and Snow Blues between a large time intervals”.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jMe9tfS3SM

I started the whole combo with a cheap Blizzard to freeze her out because I don’t want to spend too much time chasing her around the Labyrinth. And to be honest with you all, I’m bad at catching enemies with my spells.

As shown in the video, I cast my Blizzard around 1 sec left in the freeze duration of Snow Blues, or vice versa. This is because I wanted to keep my opponent freeze for as long as possible. By casting your next freezing spell (Blizzard or Snow Blues depending on which one is not on cool down) nearer to the end of the freeze duration, this will cause your opponent to take at least 2-3 hit of the spell the moment they get unfreeze, and a chance to get freeze again.

Take for example during 0:31 sec of the video, I cast my Snow Blues when the freeze duration is left with 1 sec. And on 0:32 – 0:33 of the video, she get hit approximately 3 times by my Snow Blues which got her freeze again for another 2 sec. I cast my Blizzard on her location at 1 sec freeze duration left and got lucky to freeze her for the 3rd time. Knowing my Snow Blues wouldn’t be able to cool down in time, I cast all my damage spell on her in hope to rip as much HP off from her as possible.

I’ve seen locks by Warmage that are 3x more deadly than the simple one that I’ve shown you. There’s no exact way of a foolproof lock in Dragonica, unless you’re a Paladin. It’s all up to individual preferences.
(T22)When ACC comes into play (level 59+)
Moving into the extreme late phases of the game, majority of the players will decide to farm for their main builds. When I said main builds, I mean spending tons of cash on getting their set items with the desire stats they wanted and enhancing them to +8 and above for the high DEF enchant options. The results of these actions with the help of Seal Scrolls have give birth to many God-like classes. Such examples includes the imba ACC and evade rates of classes like Trapper and Ninja.

As of lower level, Battlemage/Warmage spells like Blizzard, Snowblues, Backdraft and Lightning Ball have no problem hitting high evade rate classes due to their high natural spell ACC. But with this group of newly born God-like Trapper and Ninja, their evade rate have surpass the high natural spell ACC of our spells to the extent where our spells will start to
MISS THEM!

This is when ACC comes into play for Warmage. A normal Ninja would easily have 150-160 Evade Rate which is totally impossible for our Lightning Ball to hit them. To solve that problem, Warmage now requires at least 190 ACC (210 to be save) for PvP. To achieve this easier, we will require our full Chaos Set item, which gives us ACC +11.9% Bonus Effect when 5 set are being equipped.

(S12)Building your first long term build
I will continue through this part by roughly listing down the most suitable equipment for each body part. (Note: this is just in my opinion base on my experiences of playing a Warmage in and out of PvP. Other people might agree/disagree with what I'm about to say here, but I believe it is up to personal preferences and would respect their beliefs.)
The reason why I classified this whole build as a long term build is because it is advisable to obtain the best possible options from each equipment. This build will stay with you for a long period of time, probably from level 54/60 to 70/75.

One tip while deciding on what options to get for your equipment is to focus on the rule of Survivability. Getting all equipments which will help you survive the match for a longer period of time is crucial as if you can't even stay alive, you wouldn't be able to kill in a PvP match.

During early phases, I emphasize on the importance of VIT>INT for our equipments. As of now, getting into the late phases will required us to include ACC into our equipment if we want to have a chance in PvP battle field. The inclusion of ACC into our equipment will boost the usefulness of our Magic Missiles. Thus, I came out with a new stats build for Warmage, toning our equipment stats from VIT>INT to ACC-VIT>AGI-INT.

It is proven that AGI will improves the Critical Rate of the character. Given the fact that we have ACC now, our Magic Missiles will have higher hit chances on classes like Ninja and Trapper, and would have a 100% hit chance on classes like Myrmidon, Oracle .etc. Thus, pairing AGI with 6 set of Chaos Set item will ensure decent amount of damage on your opponent when they get caught with 10 Magic Missiles from you. I advise getting 4 set of special Wondrous Witbit item with VIT+ and AGI+ and 2 set of Special Wondrous Witbit item with VIT+ and INT+, and getting accessories with a smooth balance between VIT and AGI.

Neck:
Antares' Necklace
-
desired Options-
VIT +
ACC +7.0% (max)

-Full Set Bonus-
ATK decrease +6.0%
MATK decrease +6.0%

Reason: The ATK and MATK decrease is a crucial Bonus. When equipped with Antares' Necklace, any physical or magical damage you received will be reduced by 6.0%. With this and your high pool of HP, you would be harder to kill by any other classes.

For a perfectionist who wanted to get Artifact on this equipment, it would be good if you could get stats of VIT +, ACC +7.0% and AGI + or INT +.

Head:
Wondrous Witbit Hat
-desired Options-
VIT +
AGI +/ INT +

Reason: Many would wonder why getting a Wondrous Witbit Hat and not a Elluman Crown. I believe, sacrificing the Set bonus from Elluman Crown is worthly to include a 6Set Bonus effect of Critical Damage +90.0% from Wondrous Witbit. The amount of DEF and MDEF one would get from Wondrous Witbit Hat is a lot higher than Elluman Crown too.

PvE wise, getting an Elluman Crown is still better than a Wondrous Witbit Hat due to the high INT option from the Crown.

For any high end perfectionist whom wanted to go for full artifact Wondrous Witbit set, try to obtain VIT +, INT + and AGI + from all the equipment.

Shoulder:
Wondrous Witbit Shoulder
-desired Options-
VIT +
AGI +/ INT +

Reason:

Back:
Kimart Wings-----------or-----------Cupere Wings+12
-desired Options-----------------------desired Options-
ACC +11.4%/ 10.6%----------------ACC +9.8%/ +9.0%
VIT +---------------------------------VIT +
---------------------------------------Critical Rate +5%
-Full Set Bonus-
AGI +48

Reason: Vella Wings is out of the choice when you reach late game, due to the fact that having a 10% INT boost isn't as useful as having a +48 AGI boost. Just from Kimart Wings alone, it is possible to net a total of +20 or more ACC.

For perfectionist who wanted an Artifact Kimart Wings, have a range of stats like ACC +, VIT +, AGI +, INT +, Critical Damage + will be good.

For high end perfectionist, it is better if you go for an artifact Cupere Wings. It is also important to enhance your Cupere Wings to +12 at least due to the massive amount of DEF and MDEF bonus given out.

Body:
Wondrous Witbit Robe+10
-desired Options-
VIT +
AGI +/INT +

Reason: Advisable to enhance Robe to +10 once you get your desired stats due to the higher amount of DEF and MDEF bonus given out.

Glove:
Wondrous Witbit Glove
-desired Options-
VIT +
AGI +/INT +

Reason:

Weapon:
Lightning Oak Spear+13
-desired Options-
VIT +28/ 30/ 32
ACC +14/ 16

Reason: The best weapon up-to-date as of 1st January 2010. It is important to enhance your weapon to +13 at least for a decent amount of damage output.

For high end perfectionist, it is better to get an artifact Lightning Oak Spear with VIT +, ACC +, AGI +, Critical Damage +, Min MATK + (according to priority).

Belt:
Yeti Belt+12
-desired Options-
VIT +
AGI +

-Full Set Bonus-
STR +6
HP +300

Reason: Yeti Belt is the only Belt in-game (as of now, 1st January 2010) to have Full Set Bonus given to the character when equipped. It is advisable to enchant Yeti Belt to +12 and above due to the decent amount of enchant effect of DEF and MDEF.

For high end perfectionist, go for Artifact Yeti Belt with VIT +, AGI + and INT + options. With higher soulforce, the amount of DEF and MDEF obtained from enchantment would also be higher.

Pants:
Wondrous Witbit Pants+8
-
desired Options-
VIT +
INT +/ AGI +

Reason: Wondrous Witbit Pants give a decent amount of enchant effect of DEF and MDEF. It is advisable to enchant the equipment to at least +8 when you have obtained the desired stats out of it.

Leg:
Wondrous Witbit Boots
-desired Options-
VIT +
INT +/ AGI +

Reason
:

Ring:
Mimir Shaman's Ring
-desired Options-

ACC +7.0%
VIT +

-Full Set Bonus- (Special requirement for Full Set Bonus, only 1 Mimir Shaman's Ring to be equipped)
STR +3
INT +6
AGI +5

Reason: Mimir Shaman's Ring is an artifact ring at 0 Soul Force due to the 3 Set Bonus given when only 1 Mimir Shaman's Ring is being equipped.

For high end perfectionist, go for artifact with ACC +7.0%, VIT +, AGI +. The loss of INT can be replaced by the Full Set Bonus of the item

Ring:
Ring of Darkness
-desired Options-
ACC +7.0%
VIT +

-Full SEt Bonus- (Special requirement for Full Set Bonus, The Ring of Darkness, Earrings of Darkness and Necklace of Darkness must be equipped)
1Set Bonus:INT +7
2Set Bonus:MP +300
3Set Bonus:MATK decrease +10.0%

Reason: For the INT+7. This is done to recoup the loss of INT from various equipments

High end perfectionist might want to go for artifact with ACC +7.0%, VIT +, AGI +. The reason why Earrings of Darkness and Necklace of Darkness isn't used is due to the reason that Antares' Necklace and Pythanuth's Earring's damage de-buff are better choice than the MP +300 and MATK decrease.

Earring:
Pythanuth's Earring
-desired Options-
ACC +7.0%
VIT +

-Full Set Bonus-
ATK decrease +10%

Reason: For the 10% ATK de-buff. Pairing Pythanuth's Earring with Antares' Necklace, we will have a total of 16% ATK reduction from all non-magician classes.

E.g. If an Ninja dealt 800 damage to you with 1 dagger, 16% ATK reduction will ensures you to only take 672 damage. With Mana shield, another 30% reduction will leave you with taking 471 damage. Not including the amount of DEF you have from all the enchantment. With a large pool of HP, ATK de-buffs and high DEF,MDEF, non-magician classes will have trouble hurting you in the battlefield.

For high end perfectionist, go for ACC +, VIT +, AGI +.

Medal:
Green Christmas Medal (Magician)--or--Official Artifact Manufacturer---or---Legendsmith--or--In the Name of the Guild
-Special Options---------------------------Full Set Bonus--------------------------Full Set Bonus------Full Set Bonus-
Skill Effect: Focus +1---------------------AGI +4----------------------------------AGI +8--------------STR +5
-------------------------------------------0VIT +4---------------------------------0VIT +8--------------INT +5
-Full Set Bonus------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------0AGI +5
INT +15--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------0VIT +5
AGI +15
ACC +3.0%

Reason: Green Christmas Medal is only up for a limited time only. With a special bonus of buffing up Focus to level 6, it also gives a +15 AGI and ACC +3.0% boost. Making it the best medal for any magician. Followed by In the Name of the Guild, easily obtained by completing any Guild Quest for 10 times.

For high end perfectionist which have forge Artifact or Legend equipment, it is wise to go for Official Artifact Manufacturer or Legendsmith due to the VIT+ bonus given.

The 100 Artifact/ Legend item required to forge for the medal can be easily obtained if you have been washing your equipment stats with Seal Scrolls. Noticed Seal Scrolls will cause [Cursed] effect on Artifact/ Legend equipment, upon removing the curse, 1 Artifact/ Legend item will be forged. So simply speaking, just Un-cursed 100 Artifact/ Legend equipment to obtain Official Artifact Manufacturer/ Legendsmith respectively.

Shield:
Skeleton Bandage
-desired Options-
VIT +6
INT +

-Full Set Bonus-
ACC +5.0
AGI +6

Reason: Addition of ACC to your character. Due to the fact that the Full Set Bonus already gave AGI +6, it is better to balance off with INT + for the soulcraft options.

With the above build, it could easily rake in 240 VIT which is around 10800 HP, with a Mana pool of 11000 at least. Having 200+ AGI will ensure a decent Critical Rate which is packed by Critical Damage +90% from 6 pieces of Wondrous Witbit Set. Notice I didn't encourage Critical Rate + options as it does not increase the base Critical Rate but only improves the base Critical Rate.

E.g.
Increase:
Character's Base Critical Rate is 20% (with no buffs or equipment)
Add on equipment with Critical Rate +5%
Total Base Critical Rate is now: 20% + 5% = 25%

Improve:
Character's Base Critical Rate is 20% (with no buffs or equipment)
Add on equipment with Critical Rate +5%
Total Base Critical Rate is now: 20% + (5/100 x 20) = 21%

Also notice certain equipments I advise to obtain +10 and above for enchantment stats. Such equipments gives good enchantment effects. Many people neglect the usefulness of DEF and MDEF, but theres a vast different between a Warmage with 1800 DEF and a Warmage with 2800 DEF. It is of course, better to enchant all equipments to +8 and above, but if you couldn't afford it, just focus on the Yeti Belt, Robe, Pants and Cupere Wings.

10JQKA 10-08-2009 03:12 PM

Reserved for 4th class

10JQKA 10-08-2009 03:12 PM

Reserved for updates.

[Better be saved than sorry!] =x

Shiki 10-09-2009 09:17 AM

I see that Kowiz have helped you convert all the videos into working ones.

Personally, I like the guide a lot because it's fairly comprehensive with screenshots as well as videos.
The only thing that annoys me is the font size; is it possible for you to use the usual size? It'll be way less straining on the eyes XD

10JQKA 10-09-2009 11:25 AM

Thank you to Kowiz for helping me fix my videos!

Btw, I thought of putting the font at size 2 but it just make my guide looks 2x more wordy than it is.

I'll work on change the font size when I have the time again. Thanks for the advice!

Zinc 10-09-2009 10:25 PM

Indeed this is a good guide with detailed informations:py04: Lot of efforts put in :P

Marlomn 12-04-2009 11:24 AM

Nice JOB

I have read all guide, i was searching for Soulcraft success/fail table rates; i have seen one for enhancement and its ok, although its not accurate at all it rates might be similar to this table, i wanted to know rates for soulcrafting this way but i have never find em; but i also had the opportunity to read all your guide wich is really really nice, im not Warmage, im Gladiator 38 actually, its a ****ing pain to lvl up cuz find parties is too hard, maybe bcuz of our crappy way of life bugged in 6 of our best skills, also noobiez with hammer spam, dunno the exact reason, i would like to have the opportunity to show my gladiator play.

Anyway... i liked your guide i really would like to have a Myrmidon guide like this, i also have an acolyte so this guide helps me a bit, i guess the best part of it was the MM rewards cuz i have been searching also, and the boss attacks(still searching a way to unfreeze ****ing mole in candecent cavern, i use to press everything in my mind for unfreeze but also want to know how to).

Please take time to make guide for other char i would be glad to read it.

NICE JOB and please keep playing, hackers will be everywhere but the most important thing is to have fun playing.

P.D. I would like to know how to make lavalon weapon, what are these "aram" stuff, if possible the formulas for crits,evade, acc, def(cuz str,vit,agi adds def), etc any formula will be fine.

10JQKA 12-17-2009 12:54 AM

Thank you very much for the compliments you gave to my guide. I am glad that it help you a bit/ you liked it as that is basically the reason why I created this guide.

I've been out of the internet for 2-3 weeks due to my mid semester exams, and thus this slow reply. So sorry about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlomn (Post 1080026)
I have read all guide, i was searching for Soulcraft success/fail table rates; i have seen one for enhancement and its ok, although its not accurate at all it rates might be similar to this table, i wanted to know rates for soulcrafting this way but i have never find em; but i also had the opportunity to read all your guide wich is really really nice, im not Warmage, im Gladiator 38 actually, its a ****ing pain to lvl up cuz find parties is too hard, maybe bcuz of our crappy way of life bugged in 6 of our best skills, also noobiez with hammer spam, dunno the exact reason, i would like to have the opportunity to show my gladiator play.

I honestly have no clue about the enhancement/ soulcraft success rates. I seldom do enhancement or soulcrafting myself. I usually buy my desire items from the market or from friends. Like I mention before, I didn't spend a single cent(RL cash) on this game before, thus it hold me back in terms of soulcrafting and enhancement above +5

All I know is, (as of now) +1 to +4 of refining does not break you item when fail. +4 to +5 degrades the refine stats of item back to 0 when failed. Items will start to break when refinement goes beyond +5

As for Soulcraft, Regular to Advanced would break the item when failed at a very low chance, to the extend IS isn't worth the use to protect it, whereas refinement of Advanced and onwards will break the item when failed at a higher chance.

Quote:

Anyway... i liked your guide i really would like to have a Myrmidon guide like this, i also have an acolyte so this guide helps me a bit, i guess the best part of it was the MM rewards cuz i have been searching also, and the boss attacks(still searching a way to unfreeze ****ing mole in candecent cavern, i use to press everything in my mind for unfreeze but also want to know how to).

Please take time to make guide for other char i would be glad to read it.
Sadly, I'm not able to make any Myrmidon guide as I have no experience in playing one before. But I do have to admit that training a gladiator at the lower levels could have been a tough job as they do not really contribute much to the combo systems (that's what I heard). But fear not, myrm comes into good use when they reaches level 55+, when the main training areas becomes Chaos Ocher Forest and/or Chaos Smoldering Swamp.

PvP wise, I've heard many people complaining about the weakness of myrm. In my opinion, a myrm's job in PvP is to burst damage. Given that they are the highest ATK class in-game, it is crucial for them to knock out important classes like Oracle, Warmages in 1 combo, preventing them from running away to heal. This will also means you need to be rich to pump your equipment up to a "God-like" status.

As for CC's MM. Bahamole's freeze attack could be easily avoided. Heres the trick:
Always hit the mole on his back. Noticed Bahamole have a slow casting animation whereby he will raise his right paw up before striking down to unleash the freeze attack? Jump to his back while you see this(good timing is needed for this) and start whacking his back. Continuously repeat this until he is down.
Quote:

NICE JOB and please keep playing, hackers will be everywhere but the most important thing is to have fun playing.
Totally agreed with you

Quote:

P.D. I would like to know how to make lavalon weapon, what are these "aram" stuff, if possible the formulas for crits,evade, acc, def(cuz str,vit,agi adds def), etc any formula will be fine.
Lavalon Weapon is crucial for you as it surpass other Weapons in terms of ATK from level 49 to 55.

Lavalon Weapon can be forged by obtaining 3 Lavalon heart Fragments (pretty rare items) by defeating Lavalon at level 40 and above.

Aram is the next dungeon boss after Lavalon which gives the Titan Weapon. The 2nd "God" weapon in the game. It requires 50 Jewel of Truth and 5 Lifetree branches to be forged with the 20k cash recipe. (above requirements apply for IAH)

The possible soulcraft stats obtainable from Lavalon and Titan weapons can be found here: Compilation of Possible Soul Craft Options - Dragonica Official Forum (Credits to cryowraith From IAHdragonica)

10JQKA 01-01-2010 03:33 PM

And finally, I've hit lvl60! (WITH A NOOBSHIT LVL55 advanced DEMONIC ARC SPEAR+4 !!!) This could be one of the biggest achievement in-game as no one knows how hard it is to get a COF party with that noob weapon and a computer which occasionally hang in COF. Many people might asked where is my Lavalon or WHY WOULDN'T I GET A BETTER WEAPON??? My answer: Read the Foreword and I couldn't find a level 55, 60 weapon with the stats I want.

On the serious note, I've found time to update this guide. Been a long time since I check my guide. Within this months, many things have changed in-game. It is almost impossible to keep my guide to the extreme up-to-date standard, but still, I promise I will do my best.

I've updated on 5 section of the guide.
1-(M13)Chaos Smoldering Swamp,(level 49-55)
2-(M14)Chaos Ocher Forest(level 56-70)
3-(T20)Offensive Skills (casting animation cancel)
4-(T22)When ACC comes into play (level 59+)
5-(S12)Building your first long term build

I gotta thank everyone who reads my guide. I just notice that my guide have the most views out of the 4 guides which gave birth during the contest. I really do hope you enjoy my guide and find it useful as this is the reason why I made this guide.

Last but not least, I hope everyone who chose the path of Battlemage will enjoy your job more in the future. I also hope that my guide serves as a motivation sources to you!

Stay tune to this guide for future updates. I'm still working on it especially on the 4th class of Warmage.

Happy New Year to everyone! Wishing all the bad things that have happened over this past decade will not happen again, and all the good things that have happened over this past decade repeat itself. Lets have a good 2010!!!

Nooya 06-22-2010 08:17 AM

I'm just curious, are you gonna update this post anytime soon?

With the new huge patch, new medals, updated stuff etc. it would be a wise thing to do as this guide does not really show you the best way to go anymore.

I know a lot of people use this guide to level up their Magicians I ask you kindly to update it, or at least tell us if you're not going to. :3

Thanks in advance and my greatest appreciations for what you've done to this guide so far, keep the good work up mate!

10JQKA 07-17-2010 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nooya (Post 1272255)
I know a lot of people use this guide to level up their Magicians I ask you kindly to update it, or at least tell us if you're not going to. :3

I sincerely apologize for the late reply, 3 weeks late as of the time I'm typing this reply. I've been pull away from my deskie ever since I got a new full-time job! I hate people who give late replies in life, and I know how you feel! Sorry again!

Quote:

Thanks in advance and my greatest appreciations for what you've done to this guide so far, keep the good work up mate!

Really happy to hear this from my readers! Seriously!

Quote:

I'm just curious, are you gonna update this post anytime soon?

With the new huge patch, new medals, updated stuff etc. it would be a wise thing to do as this guide does not really show you the best way to go anymore.

To start of with this first reply after 01 01 2010, I will throw out the bad news, which is I WOULD NOT update this guide anymore. I'm sorry to all the readers whom have bookmark-ed this guide, or constantly coming back to check for updates as I promised I would update it during my last post. As much as I hate people who break their promise, I have my own reasons for not updating the guide.

1- This game is ever-changing, in an attempt to pull back all the retired players back into the scene. Normal players would find it totally enjoyable to play the game for the updates, but guide-writers have problem chasing the update patch. Having spent weeks on the guide, only to know that 3-4 weeks later, the game is going to change again.

2- I've run out of time and motivation to explore the game. Given my new full-time job, I can hardly find time to even sit down on my deskie to enjoy a game of DoTA, less said Dragonica.

Dragonica is a game that requires player to unleash their full potential if you are planning to play in the high-end scenes. To achieve this, players must fulfill 2 simple criteria, the talent to enable your character adeptly in combat, and the God-like equipments. Both can be achieved by spending a large amount of time and money respectively, which I find it worthless on a game like this.

I'm really sorry to everyone whom is looking forward to the update of my guide. I hate breaking promised but I know I would not be able to provide quality work given the amount of time I have, and the equipment my character have (I don't spend money for a game). Perhaps I would come back to renew the guide when Dragonica have release all their basic platform of the game. Till then, enjoy the game! and THANKS FOR READING MY GUIDE!