ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Dragon Saga/Dragonica > Dragon Saga/Dragonica Guides > Dragon Saga/Dragonica Magician Class Guides

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack (77) Thread Tools Display Modes
05-14-2009   72 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker
Awards Event Winner

Klarity will become famous soon enough
Default The ultimate mage guide! [With movies and pictures]

undergoing updatez!
This is where it's originally posted :

The Ultimate Magician Guide

Introduction

The Magician is a very versatile class. Starting off, you will call forth meteors to fall from the sky and control the basics of the healing arts. Upon advancement, the magician branches into two jobs: The Acolyte or The Battlemage.

The Acolyte is the support class. With various heals and buffs, they are able to assist their party, and resurrect them in the time of need. Saving lives is what Acolytes are built to do, but they also have another function. In Dragonica, the healer also does damage. The Acolyte advances to an Oracle at level 40, and becomes even stronger with the addition of Chain lightning, Double Shot, and even more ways to heal. As always they are a wanted class in most groups and guilds, not just for their healing power but also for their damage!

The Battlemage is also a damage dealing class, with a much more diverse skill pool and wider sense of flexibility. They use a spear and are known for their area of effect spells, which they have quite a lot of. The Battlemage advances into a Warmage at level 40 and is arguably the strongest class in the game. With the ability to summon a fiery hot pepper, an icy cold penguin and even a huge meteor from the sky, they destroy almost every monster that tries to stop them.

Scroll to the bottom for a low quality .txt text only version. ( quick reference for skills. Chapter 2/3 not included )

Version
1.0 Put all text in - May 10th 2009.
1.1 Added the movies - May 12th 2009.
1.2 Added text for skills - May 13th 2009.
1.3 Added all the pictures for magician skills, aco tree. Also made lay-out better. -May 14th 2009.
1.4 Added the acolyte / battle mage skill descriptions - May 15th 2009.
1.5 Added acolyte / battlemage pictures. May 16th 2009.
2.0 Added sets, skills are finished---Reacting to feedback! -may 18th
2.1 Added common skills - may 22nd.
2.2 Updated some skill descriptions. - may 23rd
3.0 Rewrote most skill descriptions, added Introduction, also getting ready to input the warmage and oracle sections. - September 29th
3.1 Added chapter 4 : Leveling from 1-65 - september 30th 2009
3.2 Added Oracle october 2nd 2009
To do
Warmage

Contents
Chapter 1 : Skills
1.1 Magician's Skills.
1.2 Acolyte's skills
1.3 Battlemage's skills
1.4 Common skills

Chapter 2 : Using skills / Combo-ing
Magician
2.1 - X-X-X.
2.2 - Meteor fall and down+x.
2.3 - Meteor fall and air combo.
2.4 - Point buster and air combo.
2.5 - Point buster, meteor fall and air combo.
2.6 - Combination of the above.

Acolyte
2.7 - X-X diffusion cannon.
2.8 - Lightning strike
2.9 - Combination of everything.
Battle Mage
2.10 - Skills / Combo-ing with a battle mage

Chapter 3 : Special sets.

under construction

Chapter 4 : Leveling from 1 to 65
4.1 Leveling from 1 to 20
4.2 Your first job advancement
4.3 Leveling from 20 to 40
4.4 Your second job advancement
4.5 Leveling from 40 to 65

Chapter 5 :Third job
5.1 What skills should you keep from earlier jobs?
5.2 Oracle's skills.
5.3 Warmage's skills. ( under construction )

Chapter 1: Skills

1.1 : Magician's Skills

Active skills :

Point buster :
Point buster, in the first ~5 levels it's a bit useful. After that it only goes down, the damage output is horrible and the cast time is pretty long. You have to use this skill and than air combo for it to do any damage, and hitting air combo can be quite a challenge if you lag a bit. I find it quite useless at 10+ and i would rather use Meteor fall + Air combo than this.
Keep it at level 1.
All : 1/5

Meteor fall :
Meteor fall is a great 1st job skill, it hits up to 5 monsters(it is not 10!) and has a pretty high damage output. It's cooldown is almost none if you use it right. It needs maxing, get it to level 5 as soon as possible. After skill reset if you're going for Acolyte you could keep this maxed, for the Meteor fall > Air combo combination but it's not necessary, just spamming x is fine as an acolyte. Battle mage doesn't need it so reset it to 0 with the skill reset.
Magician : 5/5
Acolyte : 5/5 or 0/5
Battle mage : 0/5

Fortress :
This is controversial skill. Some people say it's good while other say it is not. I say it isn't, for several different reasons :
For the skill to get good you need to max both of the passive skills, +atk and +speed. This is really a waste of SP, because that's 15 levels! not 5 for a good skill like MF but 15! So i really think it's a bad skill, and don't wish to spend 15 levels of SP for one skill. It can only hit 5mobs, and the AoE range is pretty small. I reccomend not adding this at all.
All : 0/5

Slow heal :
Slow heal, is quite a good skill at all levels. It heals you and your teammates for 5% of the caster's HP for 30seconds. that's 50% of the caster's hp. This is also the only skill that heals other people in the 1st job( at level 4 ). Because it doesn't cost 4-10% of MP like self-heal, this skill is a lot nicer for your mp. It's also very good because if you keep it up constantly it's like a shield. In PvP your hp is boosted so your slow heal is boosted too, so for PvP it's a must anyway. As an Acolyte you have other heals, but this one is a heal over time unlike your other heals, so i say you keep it maxed. For battlemage you should definitely max this. Self heal might seem like a better choice at first, but it really isn't. It uses a lot more MP than slow heal, and it's not that much better because it's based on your Magic attack, and not your Hp. Keep slow heal maxed for battlemages too.
Acolyte : 5/5
Battlemage : 5/5

Self heal :

As a magician this skill is okay, slow heal is better but it's not bad. I would delay leveling this skill until you've maxed the rest of the necessary skills in the 1st job. For acolyte's it's useless since they have heals that are a lot better, for battlemage you can either keep it at level 1 or not level it at all. Level 1 is if you want it for emergencies, but you can also eat an apple if it comes to that.
Magician : 1/5 to 5/5 if you have SP left.
Acolyte : 0/5
Battlemage : 0/5 or 1/5 for emergencies

Re-Launch
Re-Launch is horrible. The range is horrible, and it's just not worth the SP. You can just as easily do Point buster level 1 or Meteor fall instead of this. Don't add points to it.

Focus :
GREAT SKILL! It adds +20int and +24% magic attack. +24% that's a lot, if you have 1000matk it's now 1240! This skill is a must max for everybody. There's nothing else to say.
EDIT : every % based buff only adds the percentage off of your base stat. Because of this they're way less good than they seemed, this skill still needs maxing, because even if it's only based on your base stats it's still good. I hope that the problem is a bug, but i'm not sure.
All : 5/5

P.S don't like the cat head? here's a guide on how to remove it! : Click here

Passive skills :

Air combo :
Air combo, or AC, can be quite a nice skill if used well. When you're a magician you definitely need to get this, it does great damage and is very good for combo-ing. Combine this with meteor fall and you can get quite a bit of damage output in 2attacks! I would say definitely max this skill, since it's only 3levels it's not that much points anyway. After skill reset if you're going for Acolyte, you could keep this if you want to use it with lightning strike or meteor fall, but it's not a necessity.
For battlemages it's useless because they won't ever use it.
Magician : 3/3
Acolyte : 0/3 or 3/3 in combination with meteor fall or lightning strike

Battle mage : 0/3

Mp potion maximization :
You can max it the 1st job if you want, but it's not necessary. Mp potions are so cheap you shouldn't need it. Keep it at level 1 as a pre-requisite to Focus.

Magic enhancement :
It's a great skill, for one reason : +100matk and it costs 10SP each level. At 1st job this is a must get because you don't have a lot of magic attack. At higher levels it's cheap so i personally get it, if you really want to save your SP for something else this is a skill you can skip.
Acolyte / Battle mage : 5/5

Cannon upgrade ( Fortress ) :

It's a horrible skill, at maxed it only gives a bit extra magic attack, and it's way too much sp for one not very good skill : Fortress. Refer to the skill ' Fortress ' above this one for more information.

Bullet acceleration ( Fortress ) :
Basicly the same comments as cannon upgrade, the skill Fortress isn't really that good. So wasting SP on it really isn't that good of an idea. Refer to the skill ' Fortress ' above this for more information.

1.2 : Acolyte's Skills
Post undearneath this one. [Click this for it]

1.3 : Battle Mage's Skills
Post undearneath this one. [Click this for it]

1.4 : Common Skills
Two posts down [Click this for it]

Chapter 2 : Combo-ing guide.

Magician

2.1 : X-X-X
The most easy way of comboing, that still works quite well is X. In reality it's just spamming, you stand in front of a monster and press x. You should jump and dash around to evade damage. But you must keep the combo meter up, so be back in time to hit a monster!

2.2 : Meteor fall and air combo.
Meteor fall and air combo is really useful. This is one of the combos i use the most, because it can hit up to 5mobs 4times. That means you have an instant 20 combo! If you want to use this, you should look for an area with quite a few mobs, so you can hit as many as possible. Also, the timing for it can be quite hard. If you're combo is about to expire, you have to go Jump>Meteor fall> air combo really fast, because if you're at the top of your jump it doesn't hit. Some monsters go up higher, so you can be higher. But in general you have to either jump>meteor>air combo really fast, or wait till you're closer to the ground. Watch my video to see how to do it!

2.3 : Meteor fall and down+x
Meteor fall and down+x is not very useful in itself, but in later chapters i will explain more about it. You just spam meteor and then when the monsters are on the ground, you walk close to them and press down+x one to three times. I usually press it twice, so i can keep my combo meter up and running good.

2.4 : Point buster and air combo.
I myself, find point buster quite useless. The damage is very bad compared to meteor, and hitting the monsters in the air can be very challenging. Especially if you have high latency to the servers because you dont live in SEA or ANZ. The way you do it is, wait for a monster not to attack you and press point buster. The mobs then fly up and you have to jump and press X at the right moment to hit them.

2.5 : Point buster, meteor fall and air combo.
This can be very well, because the monsters are constantly immobilized and your combo goes up very fast. The way to do it is first, use meteor fall to immobilize the monsters giving you time to use point buster. Once you've used PB you can spam air combo, or do another meteor fall. Rinse and repeat.

2.6 : Combination of the above.

This is the best way of comboing, use all the different ways of comboing for the maximum combo. I myself like using meteor fall>air combo>down+x and then spam x. But it's up to you. Look at the video to see a combination of all the magician skills.

Acolyte

2.7 : X-X Diffusion cannon
Diffusion cannon is a skill you will LOVE!
It increases the range of X by a lot, it almost makes it an AoE.
I use this very differently than normal X, because instead of standing right infront of the monster(risking ranged hits). I stand a bit under it, because it goes 3 different ways you can stand under almost any monster and hit it. If you want to deal great damage to a boss, stand in a corner with him infront of you and spam X. It works, trust me!

2.8 : Lightning shield.
Lightning shield is a very usefull skill. It needs getting used to but the damage is insane and well worth the while. You really need to learn the range of it though.
Lightning shield is useless alone, you must use it with other skills such as meteor fall and air combo, it has a pretty long cooldown.
Most of the time i do this, i use LS then meteor fall and air combo, if my LS has any cooldown left i spam X.

2.9 : Combination of everything.
In this video i show you how I play, it's a combination of everything, which is how I combo. The only difference with me and this is i don't use Point buster.
I usually use lightning shield, meteor fall air combo and then if the monster is low i press down+x. If there's monsters like certain crabs that can not be launched I spam X and lightning shield.

Battle Mage

2.10 - Combo-ing with a battle mage
Combo-ing with a battlemage, isn't really what you do. It's more like you spam skills, especially Fire emblem and Blizzard.
You just spam Fire emblem, and use Blizzard when you can.

Chapter 3 : Sets
Under construction

Chapter 4 : Leveling guide
Two posts down [Click this for it]

Credits :
ALTESSA with comments and help, <3
Kenzai for BattleMage help
People who helped with feedback(nuglar+sam)
Valcorn for epic banner!!!
Deshealer for oracle section
Lawliett for Warmage section(it's not all done)
xArii for some random stuff
and the rest

Copyright Klarity 2009 :

I have given the following sites permission to use this guide :

Mymmogamers.net
dragonica.iahgames.com (the forum )
Prodigy guild forum.(Eu gpotato guild)
Dragonica.mmosite.com ( fansite )
mydragonica.net ( fansite )
dragonica.com.pl ( polish fansite )
top1gaming.com ( no idea, fansite i guess )
ggftw.com

If you want to use this guide PM me or e-mail me at : nico_tje@hotmail.com

If you see anyone using this guide without their site in the copyright please tell me!
[/size]
Attached Files
File Type: txt Ultimate magician guide.txt (14.5 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by Klarity; 10-08-2009 at 04:13 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-14-2009   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker
Awards Event Winner

1.2 : Acolyte's Skills

Active skills :

Wide heal :
It's Ok. You defnitely need it on 1 for the other skills. I would keep it on 1. It's slow and the range is pretty small compared to insta heal. It does heal quite a lot at higher lvls(and same amount at level 1 as instant heal maxed ). For PvP it's good, it heals a lot at level 1 and you can just run away and use it(it has a casting time of 0.6 seconds ). Insta heal is more for emergencies in PvP.
-This skill heals a % of HP, not Matk, it's a bug in the description-
Support : 1/5
PvP : 1/5

Sanctuary :
This skill isn't that good, it stands still in one spot and heals some HP, but it has a really long cool down so it's not that good. For boss battles just planting this somewhere helps enough so you don't have to heal as much, but putting more Sp in it is a waste. In PvP it's not good because it's in one spot, you can use it in GvG though. (and don't forget the massive sp cost;35)

Instant heal :
This is the best healing skill, it has a great range and heals 50% of the caster's hp at max(not of Magic attack), it's spammable too because of it's 6second cool down. For PvP this is a must, only use this in emergencies when your HP is really low, use wide heal if you have time to heal.
Support : 5/5
PvP : 5/5

Ressurection :

This skill is great, in PvE if someone dies and you res him he won't lose exp and he stays in the mission map. It's useless to get 5/5, because of too much SP and the mp cost doesn't decrease. The only downside of this skill is that it costs a smacking 60% of mp. Woah!
PvP : 0/5 (But most people that PvP also PvE so it's nice to have it at 1/5 )

Diffusion cannon :

The best skill of an Acolyte in my opinion, it makes you shoot 3 fireballs instead of 1!(normal X attack) and for every fireball the damage is 70%+50. The only problem is that because of this skill you can't move, with normal X you can. Even then it's a must. Max this no matter what, as fast as possible! It's your damage dealer, how couldn't you max it in PvP
Support : 5/5

Lightning strike :
If you want to use air combo, you should get this. It replaces meteor fall from your 1st job. It's not a necessity, but i really like it, it does some good damage, but most people don't get it. For PvP it's nice to have so you can launch people.It does some good damage but with the Flasher>Witch's curse>xxxx combo it's not necessary, but i'd keep it on 1 for launch.
Support : 0/5 to 5/5 your choice.
PvP : 1/5 to 5/5

Detection :
This skill is very useful in PvP, you need it to detect invisible characters. It also decreases the magic defence of monsters and those characters. Because of this on a boss in PvE this can add some damage, and since this is only 25sp to max, you might as well max it if you have a tiny bit of sp left.
Support : 1/5 to 5/5 if you have sp left.
PvP : 1/5 to 5/5 if you have sp left.

This is now called : Flasher (appropriate huh xd)
Great skill! at max it has a 72% chance to freeze the enemy for 5seconds! That's enough to get off about 9hits with diffusion cannon.(tripled because it's 3fireballs!) That's a lot of damage, and if you combine it with Witch's curse just before they unfreeze it's overpowerd really! For PvP it's a must max, and for PvE it's... funny.

Good combination for PvP is : Witch's curse(it has to hit)->Flasher->xxx>Witch's curse just before unfreeze->Wait for flasher to have no cooldown->Flasher the frog->xxx->ETC.
You have to be lucky enough to have the skills hit though, since they have a succes rate.
Support : 1/5 For fun.

Witch's curse :
At max lvl it has a 85% chance of working, turning the enemy into a frog for 25seconds. If you can hit this you can almost auto-hit with Flasher, freezing them and being able to kill them. In PvE it's useless, but for PvP you should max it.
Support : 0/5

Cast acceleration :
It costs too much SP to be of any use, and the cool down is longer than the duration.
PvE: 0/5
PvP : 0/5

Passive skills :

Mp recovery increase :
This is a waste of points, it only adds +35 regen. I'd rather use my SP on other skills.

Support : 1/5 - pre-requisite
PvP : 1/5 - pre-requisite

1.3 : Battle mage's skills :

Active skills :

Mana shield :
This is a great defensive skill, and since mages have a very small bit of defence i definitely reccomend maxing this one. It absorbs up to 30% of the damage taken and converts it 5hp:1MP at max level. Great skill. Some people want to keep it at level 1 or 3 since they want the SP for other skills and mp isn't that expensive anyway.
PvE : 1/5 or 3/5 5/5
PvP : 1/5 or 3/5 or 5/5

This is now called : Ball Lightning

This skill has a 4second cool down when maxed, it's damage is good against hordes of mobs because it hits 5monsters. It also damages a lot of times per second and if a monster dies it goes to the next. Because it's the only ( good ) attack skill you have from level 20-27, that's a bit of a slow period. A few downsides are the casting time and how the ball goes slow, but that can also be seen as a plus because then it hits the monsters more often. For PvP this is good too, if you knock someone down and he doesn't roll. Use ball lightning, when he gets up and he'll get hit lots of times. You can also use it for other ways like spamming it and hoping it hits the enemy, so you can use other skills. Just max it!
PvE : 5/5

Tornado :
This skill, isn't that good. It's damage is okay but it really doesn't do much. It makes the enemies fly way up high, but you can't combo them or anything so it's useless. It's instant so it's useful for when all your other skills are cooldowned and a monster is coming at you.
PvE : 2/5 for blizzard
PvP : 2/5 for blizzard

Cloud kill :
This skill is okay, if you have a lot of sp left, you can get this but otherwise it's fairly useless. Not that it's bad, but it's not good in comparison to other skills. The damage isn't that great, and the mobs die from poison before you're done. In PvP, if you miss, you're dead. The animation just takes way too long!
PvE : 0/5
PvP : 0/5 - slow

Magic Missile :
Since the recent patch this skill now has a 8 second cooldown because of that it has improved a lot. It also does a lot of damage because at maxed level it shoots 10 homing missiles, that all do alright damage and can hit individually. Because most battlemages have SP left this would be the skill to max. It can do lots of damage if it hits with all the missiles. This skill isn't as good as Fire emblem and Blizzard in Pve, but it's convenient against bosses. In PvP this shines, 10 homing missiles that can do a lot of damage, if it hits one target he loses a lot of HP.
PvE : 5/5 if you have SP left.
Pvp : 5/5 Great skill!

Blizzard :

This skill is probably the best of a Battle Mage, it's damage is insane and it can freeze! It's a pretty big AoE and it can hit up to 10mobs. It's useful in both PvE and in PvP it's very good because it also freezes. Max it.

Passive skills :

Battle hit :
Nobody likes this skill, for good reason. This skill is VERY slow. It ruins combo's by using a lame melee attack instead of X(if you're too close to a monster). And it's just plain annoying. It's really the choice, get staff mastery and battle hit or not at all. You could also just replace battle hit and staff mastery with the 1st job magic enhancement skill. That's what i would do, battle hit is too much of a hassle in my opinion.
PvE : 0/3 or 1/3 for staff mastery
PvP : 0/3 or 1/3 for staff mastery

Staff Mastery :
Get battle hit and max this or don't get battle hit and this. Your choice.
PvE : 0/5 or 5/5
PvP : 0/5 or 5/5

Energy condensation :
Max this skill, it makes the already very good skill ball lightning even better. It hits every 0.25 seconds with this skill.

Deadly poison :
Cloud kill really isn't a good skill. Don't get this ><
PvP : 0/5

Last edited by Klarity; 10-02-2009 at 04:56 PM.

05-14-2009   4 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker
Awards Event Winner

1.4 : Common Skills
[All of these do NOT cost SP]

Guild skills :

Adrenaline booster
An active skill that costs 30mp and increases atk speed by 10%? I would say spam it to death!

Morale up
Increases your physicial atk power by 5%, no SP. Level your guild up to 2 fast!!!

Iron wall
Increases defence by 10%. It doesn't cost SP, level 3 guild. Get it, as soon as possible!

Couple skills :

With the power of love!
It adds 10% attack speed if you use it close to your 'date'. It's a very good skill, and the mp cost isn't that high. (10% atk speed!) No sp of course, so spam it! ^^

Chapter 3 : Special sets.
Under construction

Chapter 4 : Leveling from 1 to 65

4.1 Leveling from 1 to 20

Level 1 to 7 : The Big Bad Wolf (BBW)
Tactic : Spam x on the monsters before the boss and try to get a combo( This is a general rule for all mission and field maps, i will not mention it again ). When you meet The Big Bad Wolf all you have to do is hit the boss and evade his attacks. He has 3 attacks, running at you, swiping at you, and throwing a little tornado. It's very easy to evade them, whenever it looks like he's going to do something : Dash UP! This way he never hits you.
Side notes : Do all the hero quests until they tell you to do the Big Bad Wolf mission maps. When you've completed the Big Bad Wolf hero quests you should be level 7 and ready to do Vega.
Solo or Party : You can still easily solo this.

Level 7 to 10 : Vega
Tactic : Vega is the same as the Big Bad Wolf( BBW ), the only difference is that there is a small version of BBW at the boss map which makes it more difficult, just be sure to evade all his attacks!
Side notes : When you've completed the Vega MM hero quests, continue to Tutu.
Solo or Party : You can still easily solo this.

Level 10 to 15 : Tutu
Tactic : This boss is a bit more difficult, he has a spinning and ranged attack. Just hit and run, if you see his arm going backwards dash away : it means he's preparing for an attack.
Side notes : You'll do a few hero quests in the field map, if you accept the adventure quests around there you generally kill the same monsters. When you're done, go toto and get ready to grind a little.
Solo or Party : You are able to solo it, but i wouldn't recommend it. With a party it's a lot faster and you're less likely to die.

Level 15 to 20 : Toto :
Tactic : This is one of the most hated mission maps, because you face Toto and (mini)Tutu, they both throw axes and a lot of people get annoyed with it. Toto also has a spin attack which is a lot more deadly, he stands in one spot and spins for ~5 seconds. If you get hit by it, do not try to get up. If you get up every time he'll hit you a lot faster than if you stay on the ground.
Side notes : After Tutu's Hero quests the next ones tell you to kill Toto so it's pretty straight-forward. At level 19 it will take about 4-5 runs of F4(4 stars) Toto to get to level 20. It won't take too long.
Solo or Party : I definitely recommend party-ing. Doing this solo is very difficult, if you get in a spin attack, you lose a lot of your HP / die most of the time.

4.2 Your first job advancement
Now that you have reached level 20... Congratulations, it's time to do your first job advancement! As a Magician you can either become a Battlemage or Acolyte. The following steps tell you how.

Step 1. Finish all hero quests until you get the Captain White Tooth hero quest.
Step 2. Go meet Edeline the Magician job instructor who is at the Top right of Port of Winds.

Step 3. Go to Bearded Whale Coast and kill the monsters until you get enough Battlemage/Acolyte medallions. When you are done complete your quest at Edeline and accept the new quest.
Step 4. Go to Bearded Whale Coast and complete the Captain White tooth Mission map F2. When you are done complete your quest at Edeline and accept the new quest.
Step 5. Go to Bearded Whale Coast and complete the Captain White tooth Mission map F4.
Step 6. Return to Edeline, and you're done. Congratulations you've now reached your second job!

4.3 Leveling from 20 to 40

Level 20 to 25 : Captain White Tooth(WT)
Tactic : As an Acolyte kill the razor crabs with diffusion cannon, since you'll be able to do it relatively fast compared to the other classes. At the boss stand in front of it and use diffusion cannon as a shotgun, Heal yourself if necessary. If you're a battlemage just spam Ball Lightning and x, when you get magic missile and tornado use them when Ball lightning is on cooldown. Try to keep slow heal and mana shield up at all times. His attacks are pretty easy to read, he either shoots a net to keep you in place, a poisoned bullet or a normal bullet. He also heals himself for about 4% every now and then.
Side notes : After you've job advanced, you should be at this hero quest. In the 2x levels I'd try to get into a guild for guild skills, and so you can get the infamous +5 to all stats guild medal.(complete 10 guild quests)
Solo or Party : Definitely party, and if you really don't feel like it you could solo him. It's just a lot slower.

Level 25 to 28~30 : Alvida or Chaos Captain White tooth
Location : Steven trading port MM or Chaos Bearded Whale Coast MM(You need a scroll to get there, see notes).
Tactic : For Alvida as an Acolyte stand infront of her and spam x with diffusion cannon. Heal your party and yourself with instant heal if necessary. As a Battlemage spam Ball Lightning,magic missile and tornado. When you're level 27 use Blizzard. Alvida has one new attack, you see a pink ring on the floor, when you do : dash away. She'll barrage it with missile starfish(lol o.o''). For Chaos Capt. WT it's the same as normal WT. Acolytes have a hard time hitting monsters at chaos maps at lower levels, but BM's can't miss with Ball Lightning and Blizzard so it's easier for them.
Side notes : First do all your hero quests until you're at Alvida, you can also go set-hunting if you get bored. If you want to do Chaos Capt. WT you need to get devil soul stones. You can get these Devil Soul stones (DS) by going to a hidden map(Wrath of Nautilus at this level) and killing the monsters there. Bosses in mission maps drop scrolls that teleport you to hidden maps. When you're there just kill the monsters and they occasionally drop DS.
Solo or Party : You should always prefer a party above solo, but Battlemages are able to solo if you really want to.

Level 30 to 36~38 : Artis or Chaos Alvida
Location : Mirinae sanctuary MM or Chaos Steven Trading port MM
Tactic : For Artis as an Acolyte it's the same as before, stand infront of the boss and spam x. You can place the occasional sanctuary, and heal with instant heal if needed. At this Mission Map you should just kill the boss fast, it's what Acolyte's are made for. For Battlemages you should stand from a little further away and use all the skills at your disposal. The attacks don't matter here since you just stand still and spam your skills. His attacks are all slow and predictable anyway. You kill Chaos Alvida the same way as normal Alvida.
Side notes : Do all your hero quests, and if you're getting annoyed with the grind you can do some adventure quests. The Wanted quests are the easiest to do as the monsters you must kill occur in the mission map.
Solo or Party : Party is now a must, going solo makes you level a lot slower.

Level 38 to 45~49 : Sambaba (SBB)
Tactic : As an Acolyte/Oracle Keep slow heal up, use cure if you or your teammates get poisoned. Attack sambaba with your x attack from close by, draw it to a side and cast sanctuary. Keep it there with your attacks so your party members get a chance to hit it in the back. If your party members need heal they should walk within range of your instant heal. Keep perfect seal up if you're soloing, if you're in a party you should use Barrier. If you're a Battlemage/Warmage you should use slow heal when you can, and unleash hell on SBB, use all your skills in quick succession until Sambaba has died.
Side notes : Do all your hero quests when you can, if you get really bored you can do some adventure quests. Even though i'm telling you to do Sambaba for a long time, it really is the fastest way to level.
Solo or Party : Party is now a must, Acolytes will be wanted for their DPS on the boss.

4.4 Your second job advancement
You've reached level 40, it's taken a while and now you're finally here! It's time for your second job advancement.

Step 1. Complete all the hero quests until the Farrel's Diary quest. Then talk to Pablo in Libra.
Step 2. Go Kill Sambaba F5 for the sealed door key, then return to Pablo.
Step 3. Speak with Pablo for the quest 'Lavalon's Revival'. It's the one where you must kill Lavalon.
Step 4. Go to the North of Valid Raeth, where the entrance to Lavalon is located. Look for a good party who is willing to help you with killing Lavalon and reaching your third job.
Step 5. Enter Lavalon and kill it with your party.
Step 6. Go back to Pablo to complete the quest, and get the last quest before advancing.
Step 7. Go to Smoldering Swamp ( 2Maps to the right of Libra on your world map ) and get a combo of 200. If you're finding this difficult either break your weapon or get a level 1 weapon(So you can combo easier).
Step 8. Return to Pablo and... You've reached Warmage or Oracle!

4.5 Leveling from 40 to 65

Level 45 to 50~55 : Bubo the owl
Tactic : You NEED two people to level here effectively. One distracts bubo the owl, and the other kills the monsters. You used to be able to solo this, but since the recent patch Bubo moves around so that is no longer possible. You can swap the rolls of distracting and killing the monsters for boredom.
Side notes : Do all your hero quests when you can, if you get really bored you can do some adventure quests.
Solo or Party : For this to be effective, you need a party of two.

Level 50 to 6x : Chaos Smoldering Swamp Field map
Tactic : You need a good party to do this, and a lot of accuracy as an Oracle. You should position your party in the spots represented by bunnies on this screenshot :

Side notes : Without a good party of 4 this doesn't work.
Solo or Party : Party of 4 people

Last edited by Klarity; 10-04-2009 at 05:50 AM.

05-14-2009   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker
Awards Event Winner

Chapter 5 : Third Job

Oracle

5.1 What skills should you keep from earlier jobs?

From Magician :
5/5 Focus
5/5 Slow Heal
( optional ) 5/5 Magic Enhancement

From Acolyte :
PvE only :
5/5 Insant Heal
1/5 Resurrection ( And pre-requisites )

With PvP :
5/5 Flasher
5/5 Witch's curse

5.2 Oracle's Skills

Active Skills :

Striking
It has a very long casting time and it doesn't add a lot of magic and normal attack. It really isn't worth maxing.

Blessing
It has a nice casting time and duration, but it has an issue. Because of the bug that percentage based buffs only work on base stats, it isn't that good. If this bug ever gets fixed it would be a definite max, but since it isn't now, leave it at 1.

Chain Lightning
A very useful skill, it stuns 10 monsters around you when maxed. It doesn't do a lot of damage, but it makes your combo's go up very quickly, which is good for if you lost them. In PvP it also stuns your enemy endlessly, unless they dodge, block or get saved by a teammate. In Emporia war it's obviously very good since you can stun 10 enemies at once.

Cure
It's very useful. It removes status effects from yourself and your teammates, by leveling it, it will remove more status effects. It's good to use when your teammates are poisoned or bleeding in PvE. In PvP it's very nice because it can remove freeze and 'frog' from your teammates if an Oracle or Acolyte uses it on them. It's a very nice skill, but keeping it at 1 is enough because removing 1 debuff effect is enough. The range is hard to get right sometimes, but practice makes perfect.

Hp Restore
It heals a good amount of HP every 5seconds, the downside is it casting time of 2seconds. It also gets criticized for healing based on Magic Attack, but i don't agree. At higher levels 55-75% of your magic attack is a lot. It's hard to use in PvE but in PvP it's very useful in my opinion, if you combine it with slow heal you have an extra shield. It heals a lot, so i would say max it.

Barrier
It casts a shield with 5000HP, it's good in PvE, but in PvP it's not that much. Because your HP gets multiplied in PvP 5000HP doesn't seem like much, but it can still save you. Another plus is that it stops you from flinching. If you also max the passive you can get it to shield 7500HP instead of 5000, which i recommend doing. In PvE you mostly use Perfect Shield because of the glitch that you can attack with it, but you can't use skills with Perfect Shield. That's why you should get Barrier, it shields your HP and you can use skills. In PvP your skills are a must, so it's very convenient.

Perfect Seal
As of now, this skill is bugged. The description tells you that you're invincible and unable to attack, but this is wrong. You can still attack using x, that's why this skill is used all the time. It makes you invincible for 40 seconds, then you wait 10seconds and cast it again. While being able to spam double shot the whole time. Against bosses in PvE this is very good, and if you're in a tough situation in PvP it's convenient too. It's a definite max, but if the bug gets fixed it should be lower in my opinion.

Mp Transfer
It heals... MP, and healing MP isn't exactly a priority for most people. It's useless, just keep it on 1 as a pre-requisite for Quagmire and Muddy Mud. If you want Quagmire because you don't like to PvP don't put any points into it.
PvE only : 0/5

Quagmire
Quagmire should be a good skill, it's supposed to cause dash block, but sadly it doesn't. This does not mean it's useless though, if you combine this with Muddy Mud, which is a good skill, it's great. Muddy Mud lowers 30% of movement speed and 25% of accuracy when maxed. That's the good part, this skill is mostly for PvP. For PvE you can use it to stall the enemy but it's not necessary. Either keep it at 1 so you can get Muddy Mud later or don't put any points into it if you don't like PvP.
PvE only : 0/5

Arch Sanctuary
The worst skill ever, it heals 250MP per 2seconds, and it costs 30SP per level. It's so bad i couldn't even get a picture of it. It's basically a blue Sanctuary.

Passive Skills :

Double Shot
It costs only 10SP, and it's a lot better than Diffusion Cannon. Diffusion cannon is like a shotgun, it shoots 3 balls in multiple directions but to hit with all of them you need to be very close. Double shot only shoots 2 balls, but you can do this from a safe distance and they can hit four times. Each ball can hit two monsters, so it's like a small Area of Effect too. Diffusion cannon is very inferior to double shot, so you should really max this.
All : 1/1

Staff Mastery
This skill also has the percentage based on base stats bug, but since it adds 35% magic attack for a relatively low cost, it's still good. Max it.

Energy Absorbtion
It adds 2500HP to your Barrier, it's good, but 2500 isn't that much. You can choose to max or not to max it.
All : 0/5 or 5/5

Muddy Mud
It's very nice for PvP, it decreases movement by 30% and accuracy by 25%, it's pretty useful to get hits in on the enemy. If you don't PvP it's useless though.

Last edited by Klarity; 10-08-2009 at 10:21 PM.

05-15-2009   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker
Awards Event Winner

since i cant put more than 25imgs in one post, could you delete some messages so i can have 2 or 3 posts?

Last edited by Klarity; 05-16-2009 at 07:17 AM.

05-16-2009   #6 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

Is Lightning Shield really worth it? I had it at level 1 before..and it wasn't that great to use..so I just reset it, lol. I suppose it's as good as it gets for an Acolyte..comparing LS to other skills like Fire Emblem makes it seem not worth it.

05-17-2009   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker
Awards Event Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudaranai
Is Lightning Shield really worth it? I had it at level 1 before..and it wasn't that great to use..so I just reset it, lol. I suppose it's as good as it gets for an Acolyte..comparing LS to other skills like Fire Emblem makes it seem not worth it.
Welll, it's really the best attack skill of an acolyte, at max level it does way more damage than meteor fall and air combo.
For aco it's a definite max, if you were a battlemage i would say no x)

06-22-2009   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

slarron is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to slarron
IGN: Snuffy
Class: Awesomewizard ^_^ lu_dacy
Level: It goes up all the time :P
Guild: Ntarna (Swedish guild)

hmm nice guide for battle mage ^^!

06-23-2009   #9 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

omegacrash is on a distinguished road

What would one do to reset skills? Is there more ways than one?

06-23-2009   #10 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

You can either use the skill resets given at job changes. Or buy one from the cash shop.

06-26-2009   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker
Awards Event Winner

I reccomend readng the original guide at iah forum because it's updated.

10-02-2009   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker
Awards Event Winner

prepare for very big updates... (leveling, oracle section, all images uploaded to imageshack so no more view limit )

-added leveling guide and oracle pics-

-redone lay-out-

Last edited by Klarity; 10-02-2009 at 04:57 PM.

10-06-2009   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

GeoZyx is on a distinguished road
IGN: Geozyx
Class: Monk

Very nice guide ;D

Last edited by GeoZyx; 10-06-2009 at 11:04 AM.

10-07-2009   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker
Awards Event Winner

added oracle descriptions

11-04-2009   #15 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

luckyguy76 is on a distinguished road

gratz on winning!