ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Dragon Saga/Dragonica > Dragon Saga/Dragonica Guides > Dragon Saga/Dragonica General Guides

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
05-14-2009   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay
Default Gladiat's Guide to Farrell's Mansion

Gladiat's Guide to Farrell's Mansion

This is my guide to Farrell's mansion. It's the first guide I've making, and this will hopefully help people with Farrell's Mansion and fighting Farrell himself. I'll add screenies in a few days demonstrating the ways to clear the traps, the minibosses, Farrell, and their attacks.

Traps

First Floor

Make sure your party leader is the one gathering all the keys. They are untradable, and if another person other than the leader picks it up, you can't trade it, and you will have to exit the mission. Also, you cannot change leaders in the middle of a mission, so beware.

Beware: Equip your gas mask here. The first floor has a poisonous atmosphere that drains you of 40 HP. Make sure your gas mask is equipped for the whole mission or else you will be burning pots like mad. Also, this prevents the risk of falling down to the 1st floor, taking damage as you're switching back to the mask to prevent further damage.

Simple map. Ignore the mobs and just dash to the gaps. These gaps must be crossed by doing Dash Jumps. You have a bit of space, so dash to the gaps, and about 1cm on your screen before the gap, jump. You should dash jump and clear the gap easily. If you fall, you will take damage. The damage you take is a % of your HP (Approximately 10% I believe). Simply press jump to get up, and jump out of the gap. If you lag, then you might be trapped in there taking hits and being moved backwards. There's a glitch where you hit the wall, and you're unable to get out, until you die, or you somehow get shot out (Been caught by this a few times). It's pretty easy to clear. Once you reach the end, climb the ladder to the 2nd floor.

Second Floor

Giant pits with mobs around there. Treat this like the 1st floor, except if you fall, you end up back on the first floor. 1st and 2nd mini-bosses are located here (See mini-boss section).

Reach the end of the hallway and proceed up the stairs.

Third Floor

Welcome to the most annoying part of Farrell's mansion: Moving platforms.

Get past the falling spikes (Walk along the bottom) until you reach the edge of the floor. There are moving platforms. People blindly jump onto them, but there is an easier way to do it.

On the first box, wait for it to stop so you can just walk on it, and then you can do one of the following steps to clear the gap:

1) When the other box is moving towards you, jump where it will stop by anticipating it. When it moves to the other side, jump off (If the gap has 2 boxes). Repeat on the 3 box gap.

2) When the other box moves towards you, wait for it to stop at the same time as the one you're on, and simply walk/dash onto the other box.

3) Stand on the far left of the box, and when the box stops on the right, dash and jump off. You should reach the other side if done correctly. On the gap with 3 boxes, do this on the second box.

After the first gap, there is more falling spikes. This time, one is located on the bottom, so after you pass the first one, remember to move up so you don't get hit by the other one.

Third mini-boss is located after the 1st gap (See mini-boss section). After you reach the end of the hallway, proceed up the stairs to the next floor.

Fourth Floor

This place gets easier now. Ladders.

The ladders are simple. There are 6 ladders on the map. An easy way to do this is jump on the lower right ladder, climb up and hold left. When you reach the top, you will automatically jump onto the next ladder. Keep doing this until you reach the leftmost ladder, then while you're climbing, let go of the left arrow and hold on the right arrow. You will go onto the top left ladder. Here's the tricky part.

The ladder seems to be very far away. There's no way you can jump that far. If you look on the wall, there seems to be something with spikes. That is a tiny platform that you can reach. Simply jump off the ladder, and hold right. You will land on the platform. When you land, let go of the arrows immediately. Now you're on the platform. Two simple methods to reach the final ladder:

1) Jump and dash right and hold up. After you dash, you will grab onto the ladder and you can climb up.

2) Move and jump right. You will grab onto the bottom of the ladder.

Climb to the top of the ladder and move left. You will see a large door. Do not enter this one. This one is a trick room; there is nothing in there. You can use this room to heal and take a break, but you won't be able to do anything else in here. Once you're done, proceed to the next trap.

There is a path up, and lots of hyper jumps. You know what to do. Jump onto the first hyperjump and press Z. Keep pressing Z until you reach the top. You will appear on the left side of the hole. Dash jump to the right hand side of the hole and you will see a door. Enter this door to fight the 4th mini-boss (See mini-boss section).

Good job! You're done the 4th mini-boss. Only 1 more trap and 1 more mini-boss to fight before your showdown with Farrell. Jump to the left side of the hole and fall down the next hole. If you jump over it, you'll reach a dead end so no fear of getting lost. Fall down and proceed to the stairs.

Fifth Floor

This room is tricky. Full of lasers. There's a pattern with the lasers which are easy to see. Just move at the top of the map and avoid any lasers moving towards you, and dodge the mobs. There is a door at the top near the middle of the map. Enter it, and fight your last mini-boss (See mini-boss section).

You're now done the last mini-boss, and have all the keys. Proceed to the right of the map and you're at Farrell's Lab. Heal up, buff your party and enter the room. Prepare for an intense fight.

Note: You do not have to have all party members at the lab entrance. As long as they're in the mansion, they'll be automatically teleported into the lab. Thanks to Kreig for this.

Farrell

Farrell's a BEAST. He's green, mean and... uh... a Dragonican killing machine. Notice that the area here is poisonous, so equip your gas mask if you don't have it on already (Omg stinky BO). Anyways, jokes aside. This guy is tough if you're not 2nd job, which most likely you're not if you're using this guide. He has a huge 9Xk HP, so taking this guy down will take a while.

The right side of his map has lasers and mobs. You can just go and kill the mobs to allow you some space to move, but you have to watch out for the lasers. I'd just stay on the left and kill Farrell. You're in big trouble if a party member dies.

Here's his attacks that he uses:

1) He jumps into the air, and a magic circle appears. Although there's nothing magical about this attack, he does a DPS attack which deals approximately 10-20 damage per second that hits everything in the circle. This attack pretty hard, and knocks you down like most of his attacks. He can't be hit in the air, so move out of the way of the circle ASAP. After he slams down, he's vulnerable, so whack away.

This skill debuffs you, and you will not be able to dash or jump during the duration you are affected (Thanks to Krieg).

2) He throws Farrell's Jewel at you (The thing on his hand). This deals pretty high damage, and hurts. Knocks you down. When he throws it, he'll be vulnerable to attack so bash away during these few seconds.

3) He charges at you. This attack knocks you over, and is pretty fast. Watch out for this. After he charges, he's vulnerable to attack so attack him while he's still recovering from this attack.

This skill debuffs you, and you will not be able to dash or jump during the duration you are affected (Thanks to Krieg).

4) He whacks you. This attack is pretty quick and has short range, so long rangers are pretty much safe against this. This attack isn't as damaging, so don't worry about this one. Knocks you down.

Hell, he knocks you over with every attack, and is pretty much vulnerable all the time except when he's up in the air doing his magic circle attack. Just watch out before he attacks, and never stay in a straight line in front of him when he attacks.

After you kill him, you're taken to the award screen. There's no rank here. Only 4 glowing boxes. Just click one. All of them are random. Inside the box is 4 items. These include equips, enhancement powders, EXP boost potions, Farrell's Jewel (Misc. Item sellable for 2G!), Farrell's Gloves (4 DEF, 2 M DEF, 1 piece set effect gives 4 STR, 15 INT, 3 VIT and 4 AGI. Don't remember the stats exactly. I'll check and edit this tomorrow), and possibly other Farrell equips (never got these before).

Congratulations, you're done killing Farrell. Thanks for reading my guide~ =D

Mini-bosses

Make sure your party leader is the one gathering all the keys. They are untradable, and if another person other than the leader picks it up, you can't trade it, and you will have to exit the mission. Also, you cannot change leaders in the middle of a mission, so beware.

Creating it tomorrow.

Last edited by Gladiat; 05-15-2009 at 03:03 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-14-2009   #2 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of

This post is reserved for information on the quest for level 20 class change (2nd job), and the Slay Farrell Hero Quest.

05-15-2009   #3 (permalink)

Kreig is an unknown quantity at this point
Guild: OurStory

Quote:
2) He throws Farrell's Jewel at you (The thing on his hand). This deals pretty high damage, and hurts. Knocks you down. When he throws it, he'll be vulnerable to attack so bash away during these few seconds.
it doesnt knock you down 0.o. well atleast i never got knocked down by it and i gotten hit by it tons of time. but it deals huge dmg x,x.

Last edited by Kreig; 05-15-2009 at 07:53 AM.

05-15-2009   #4 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

Gawd, thanks for this guide...I was like "huh" when I didn't get the keys earlier x-x

05-15-2009   #5 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

Quote:
Climb to the top of the ladder and move left. You will see a large door. Do not enter this one. This one is a trick room; there is nothing in there. You can use this room to heal and take a break, but you won't be able to do anything else in here. Once you're done, proceed to the next trap.
About the room at the top of the ladder..it automatically makes you go in, so it's not really a choice. lol

05-15-2009   #6 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute

^ same goes to me earlier today...

Also, how you supposed to jumps up on the side ladders when you "accidentally" fall into the map where the next map would be the next to farrell's .-.?

05-15-2009   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudaranai
About the room at the top of the ladder..it automatically makes you go in, so it's not really a choice. lol
not really, theres a small space where you can go down so you dont enter the room but yea its annoying when you dash jump and character walks in >,<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki
^ same goes to me earlier today...

Also, how you supposed to jumps up on the side ladders when you "accidentally" fall into the map where the next map would be the next to farrell's .-.?
theres a ladder on the sides. but its kinda tricky to get used to it. just climb it then when char jumps let go of the up arrow and press <- arrow and press up arrow when you get to the next ladder.

Last edited by Kreig; 05-15-2009 at 07:57 AM.

05-15-2009   #8 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute

lol, I always slide over and it just pushes me in.

05-15-2009   #9 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games

Eh.. about the door. Before the door, you can jump down over the gap and dash left. That way you don't enter the room.

And I was probably jumping while Farrell shot the jewel at me. I jumped a lot when I was an archer `-`

And as for the ladders to get back out, you don't normally do this unless you're farming keys. You jump up onto the ladder, hold up, and time it so when you are jumping off, you hold left, and let go of up. When you reach the ladder, you press up, and you keep going. It's pretty hard to get used to, but it's easy when you learn the timing.

Last edited by Gladiat; 05-15-2009 at 12:55 PM.

05-15-2009   #10 (permalink)

^just wut i said ! >,<

anyway add in that the party gets teleported into the farrels lab as long as everyone is stil in the mansion. so they dont have to wait for people who having hard time comming up.

05-15-2009   #11 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreig
^just wut i said ! >,<

anyway add in that the party gets teleported into the farrels lab as long as everyone is stil in the mansion. so they dont have to wait for people who having hard time comming up.
Eww I never knew that. Me, Theosis and Cursed were waiting for this guy for like an hour to get past ladder ><

Thanks =D

05-15-2009   #12 (permalink)

NP xD

oh yea before i forgot about this AGAIN.add in that when he use his charge skill. you get debuff that makes so you either cant jump or dash. same things happen when he jumps up and lands on you.

05-15-2009   #13 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreig
NP xD

oh yea before i forgot about this AGAIN.add in that when he use his charge skill. you get debuff that makes so you either cant jump or dash. same things happen when he jumps up and lands on you.
Lol I was going to do him again to check when he does that debuff. Thanks. Now I don't have to go through all that again. Gonna do mini-bosses tomorrow. Playing Lunia tonight =D

05-15-2009   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
AionAll Point Bulletin (APB)Asheron's CallAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum Operations Staff

Theosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Theosis

A hint for people that don't lag for the third floor. I never jump for the moving platforms, I just walk onto the first platform when it comes near the edge and sit on the platform until you'll be able to walk onto the next one. You might have to wait a couple of times for the platform to go back and forth until both platforms meet each other. I've never fallen doing this, I find it much easier than trying to jump to the next one.

Both work, but for me, my way is easier. Depends on your preference I guess.

Name Changes: Please check if usernames are available before requesting by typing this in your address bar:
http://ggftw.com/forum/members/username_wanted_here.html
Steam Account - doobie15
Battle.net Account - Theosis#1417
Guild Wars 2 IGN - Theosis.8752

05-15-2009   #15 (permalink)

i got no patience so i just dash jump from he 1st platform, failed the 1st few tries but got the hang of it after awhile >,<

05-16-2009   #16 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games

Oh, I never knew that they don't have to be near the final portal. I figure they wouldn't need to, because MMs work the same way..but never actually tried it out.

05-16-2009   #17 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games

Zzz.... so lazy today. I hope I find time to go on Dragonica and do Farrell.

Need to get level 34 PvP on my Sieg in Lunia `-`

05-16-2009   #18 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

^ If you gonna do it any soon, just msg me in IRC o:

05-16-2009   #19 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki
^ If you gonna do it any soon, just msg me in IRC o:
Which IRC? =o

and I might do it in 5 hours. Have homework, projects and need to go shopping lol. (10:44 AM here atm)

EDIT: Do you need job change or the hero quest? =o

Just curious.

Last edited by Gladiat; 05-16-2009 at 08:58 AM.

05-22-2009   #20 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

PerfectPh34r is on a distinguished road
IGN: Circlular
Class: Arcanist lt_mage
Level: 6x
Guild: DaiGurren

If you do not wish to start over, you could just wait like 20 minutes for the monsters and minibosses to respawn
although starting over is easier
Just a thought o.o

Holic(RIP)| ArcherMoo lvl 36/24/11 Hunter/Warrior/Priest ~ SinXMoo lvl 19/17 Rogue/Mage ~ AzureCloud lvl 9 Monk
Dragonica CBT(over)| LostStar, Lvl 28 Hunter
Dragonica IAH, Kaye(current)
LostStar lvl 43 Archer - Circlular lvl 66 Arcanist - Curer lvl 44 Oracle - Myrte lvl 53 Myrmidon

Last edited by PerfectPh34r; 06-21-2009 at 07:41 AM.